Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: The new moderators

  1. #1
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    The new moderators

    To Maciamo : Seems like Taranis and LeBron are having fun sending me infractions everyday, only because I like to speak the truth. I am not doing anything different than I did in the past, and certainly im not going to change a slight, so if they don't like what I say, they just have to put me on their ignore list. I hope you can address this problem.

  2. #2
    Great Adventurer sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,251

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Hm... you have gotten two warning-level infractions (0 points), and only one actual infraction, which seemed deserved. I can't speak for Maciamo but I don't think the other new mods have been doing poorly.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Hm... you have gotten two warning-level infractions (0 points), and only one actual infraction, which seemed deserved. I can't speak for Maciamo but I don't think the other new mods have been doing poorly.
    Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.

  4. #4
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.
    If you only respond about the comments/links given in the post and not at the person giving it , you will be OK
    Father's Mtdna H95a1
    Grandfather Mtdna T2b24
    Great Grandfather Mtdna T1a1e
    GMother paternal side YDna R1b-S8172
    Mother's YDna R1a-Z282

  5. #5
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-11-12
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,378

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a* (inferred)

    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    To Maciamo : Seems like Taranis and LeBron are having fun sending me infractions everyday, only because I like to speak the truth. I am not doing anything different than I did in the past, and certainly im not going to change a slight, so if they don't like what I say, they just have to put me on their ignore list. I hope you can address this problem.
    Let me get this straighted out: first, I don't have fun sending infractions - like at all, and second, from the perspective of moderation I don't care in the slightest wether what you say is the truth or not. It just borders on ******** when you go into a thread (even if it's actually a related topic, such as autosomal Southwest Asian DNA) and claim again that there is no non-European influence whatsoever on the Iberian penninsula, which you did in the past few previous posts elsewhere (notably the now-locked Celts of Iberia thread). Actually, to quote myself from said Celts of Iberia thread:

    I'm growing tired of these endless discussions between non-Iberian board members arguing the non-Europeanness of Iberians and Iberian board members denying any bit of non-Europeanness of Iberians. I think that these discussions are not only totally pointless but also borderline racist. On top of that this has very little to do with the original thread topic, which is the Celtic-speaking peoples of the Iberian peninsula.
    Also, let me get this very clear: it's nothing personal against you. What applies to you applies to other board members as well.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    Let me get this straighted out: first, I don't have fun sending infractions - like at all, and second, from the perspective of moderation I don't care in the slightest wether what you say is the truth or not. It just borders on ******** when you go into a thread (even if it's actually a related topic, such as autosomal Southwest Asian DNA) and claim again that there is no non-European influence whatsoever on the Iberian penninsula, which you did in the past few previous posts elsewhere (notably the now-locked Celts of Iberia thread). Actually, to quote myself from said Celts of Iberia thread:
    Seriously, you are inventing things, you have paranoia. What I said on the Southwest-Asian thread, which is based on Dodecad participants, is that the only Southern-Portuguese there has 0% Southwest-Asian which is TRUE !! It's not my fault that he has 0%. And then you send me an infraction because you didnt like that truth.

  7. #7
    Great Adventurer sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,251

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.
    That wasn't even the one that actually got you dinged points, the one that got you dinged points was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    It is clear what your agenda is Oreo. Enough of this bullshit. The post of Dean is 100% clear.
    You can view your infractions by going to "My Profile" and clicking on the "Infractions" tab. If it's yellow, it's not worth any points. If it's red, it will say how many points it is on the right.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    That wasn't even the one that actually got you dinged points, the one that got you dinged points was:
    Yes, that one I got an infraction too , here you have :

    Dear Wilhelm,

    You have received a warning at Europe Forum.

    Reason:
    -------
    Disruptive/provocative behaviour

    Wilhelm, I'm growing tired of your denial about even the slightest bit of non-European influence on the in Iberian penninsula. Your only purpose in that thread was to to do exactly that. I've given more than one informal warning in the Celts of Iberia thread, now you leave me no other choice but to give you an infraction.
    -------

    Original Post:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383361
    Something about the map in Iberia : There is only one southwestern Iberian and he has 0% SW-Asia


    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

    All the best,
    Europe Forum

  9. #9
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-11-12
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,378

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a* (inferred)

    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Seriously, you are inventing things, you have paranoia. What I said on the Southwest-Asian thread, which is based on Dodecad participants, is that the only Southern-Portuguese there has 0% Southwest-Asian which is TRUE !! It's not my fault that he has 0%. And then you send me an infraction because you didnt like that truth.
    Honestly, it does not matter in the slightest wether what you state is true or false, or if I agree with your views or not. My own personal views do not, and indeed should not, affect my judgement as a moderator. And I find that the behaviour posting in a thread to avidly pursue a topic in rather trοllish manner about which said poster already started a flame war in other threads as a practive that is highly inappropriate. This is why you received a formal warning. Not because I agree with you or not (and mind you: I stated actually basically agreed with you in the Celts of Iberia thread where I gave the formal warning to both sides).

    I have to add: if I gave you the impression that it was personal, I would hereby like to humbly apologize for that, because I can assure you that wasn't my intention.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Whatever. Knovas and Cambria have read all my posts, ask them If I have behaved trollish like you say.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,444

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    2 members found this post helpful.
    I think oreo doesn't create the mentioned posts to provoke anybody, although I understand some participants can use the posts to have fun with strange agendas. Well, that's not important.

    As I said in the other posts, I think Maciamo used the haplogroup frequencies (¿J2?) to list Southwest Asian in a slightly higher range. In my opinion it's possible he'll have to change it as more samples come, but for the moment there's not much to do there.

    The observation made by Wilhelm is true, I don't think it's enough to put an infraction. I think the correct option is explain why is the range listed this way when the only sample available does not correlate. And finally, I assume that if Wilhelm recived an infraction, users like Atila with a Pathological denial insistance, have also recived several of them. I think it's not necesary to quote posts we all read a few days ago, it's very easy to recognize the behaviour I mention.

  12. #12
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-11-12
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,378

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a* (inferred)

    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Knovas View Post
    I think oreo doesn't create the mentioned posts to provoke anybody, although I understand some participants can use the posts to have fun with strange agendas. Well, that's not important.

    As I said in the other posts, I think Maciamo used the haplogroup frequencies (¿J2?) to list Southwest Asian in a slightly higher range. In my opinion it's possible he'll have to change it as more samples come, but for the moment there's not much to do there.

    The observation made by Wilhelm is true, I don't think it's enough to put an infraction. I think the correct option is explain why is the range listed this way when the only sample available does not correlate. And finally, I assume that if Wilhelm recived an infraction, users like Atila with a Pathological denial insistance, have also recived several of them. I think it's not necesary to quote posts we all read a few days ago, it's very easy to recognize the behaviour I mention.
    I would like to elaborate this: first off, Wilhelm received only a warning-level infraction from me, and not a proper infraction. The parts where Wilhelm received proper infraction (from Maciamo and LeBrok, respectively) were justified (the former even predates my time as moderator). As for Attila, this was the Celts of Iberia thread. I gave two informal warnings, regarding both sides of the discussion, and LeBrok eventually locked down the thread, thus laying the case as acta. Thus there was no need for further warnings in my opinion.

    The case where LeBrok gave a proper infraction to Wilhelm was absolutely justified.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    The case where LeBrok gave a proper infraction to Wilhelm was absolutely justified.
    Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion, that was the right thing to do, to anyone with a minimal sense of defense ) and his second infraction was only because I used the word bullshit, when everyone uses it quite often. It's obvious you guys want me out because I reveal too much truths (specially in genetics ,like in the thread of the Celts of Iberia).

    PD: Anyways, I know what kind of person LeBrok is, I've been here longer than you, and his record of anti-spanish posts is quite large. He is not the most indicate person to teach me lessons.

  14. #14
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-11-12
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,378

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a* (inferred)

    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion, that was the right thing to do, to anyone with a minimal sense of defense ) and his second infraction was only because I used the word bullshit, when everyone uses it quite often. Please, you guys want me out because I reveal too much truths (specially in genetics ,like in the thread of the Celts of Iberia).
    Excuse me, what? For the recorded, I supported your position against Atilla regarding the legacy of the Celts in Iberia. I think that the accusation that I have an anti-Iberian stance of some sorts completely unfounded. Also, I do not want anybody out, not you or anybody else.

  15. #15
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Of course it was not justified. A typical anti-spanish latino guy like Canek was obviously t.rolling (saying in a thread dedicated to Andalusian cheeses that nobody cares about spanish cheese, and I said to him that nobody cares about his opinion,...
    ...and you ended it with GTFO (or something similar), right?

    Infraction was not only for language, but also for clearly ignoring that warning from previous day.

    Now you are playing innocent? Wilhelm, stop whining and start playing within the rules.
    In case you've forgotten that there are any on Eupedia forums, here they are:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/announcement.php?f=31

  16. #16
    Regular Member Cambrius (The Red)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    27-06-09
    Posts
    2,640

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

    Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic
    Country: USA - Ohio



    1 members found this post helpful.
    There are users who come here just to pursue idiotic anti-Spanish / Iberian agendas. Such individuals are generally intellectually dishonest and should not only be given infractions but permanently banned. Insults directed at other members need to be dealt with but so do the absurd lies and distortions some members inveterately spread on Eupedia about Iberians. The playing field needs substantial adjustment.

  17. #17
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    There were quite few people banned for that reason already, weren't they.
    With newly hired moderators situation will only improve.
    Rest assured, we are watching.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Knovas's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-05-11
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,444

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

    Ethnic group
    Catalan
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I think in general terms the new moderators are an improve. It's true that time ago LeBrok had strange interventions, as for example claiming I was Lynx to put some discredit in me. That was really bad, simply false, so I understand Wilhelm's point of view.

    Anyways, I don't want problems. I hope the forum will get better.


    Special thanks to sparkey. He checked some IP's from very suspicious users, showing he really wanted to pay attention at some strange behaviours. This seemed to be forgotten, and now the probabilities to catch fraudsters are notably increased.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Cambrius (The Red)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    27-06-09
    Posts
    2,640

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

    Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic
    Country: USA - Ohio



    Taranis and Sparkey were very good choices as moderators. I like them both.

  20. #20
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I think the moderators chosen are good. ..........when the horse bolts ( forum ), the driver ( moderators) needs to restrain it hard, before slowly releasing it to gain the freedom to gallop.

    The voting system is bad .........i am too controversial ( annoy people ) to have a vote gain

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    27-02-18
    Posts
    4


    Country: Germany - Baden-Wurttemberg



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Deserved ? Only because I pointed out something true in the thread of the Southwest-Asian Dodecad map.

    its extremely easy to get infractions on this forum. if you say something and a moderator misinterprets it they get insulted really quick and you get an infraction. if you pm back questioning it it will get even worse. for example i asked the question if a certain information on this site was a lie. but i actually never considered it a lie. the question was rhethorical.
    it was just the case that someone else said something different. then i brought this other piece of info up and asked if this was a lie then. i also could have said:"then this piece of info,which says otherwise, is wrong?".
    after that i get an infraction because of insulting the moderator for in my opinion no real reason. people here need to grow some skin or else a discussion is not possible.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    27-02-18
    Posts
    4


    Country: Germany - Baden-Wurttemberg



    i may need to add something. i actually got accused of insulting the person who wrote that other piece of info by calling it a lie. though i actually never did that. i said:"then this piece of info here is lying?"
    it even had a question mark ffs.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    27-02-18
    Posts
    4


    Country: Germany - Baden-Wurttemberg



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geissel View Post
    i may need to add something. i actually got accused of insulting the person who wrote that other piece of info by calling it a lie. though i actually never did that. i said:"then this piece of info here is lying?"
    it even had a question mark ffs.
    also if you question the infraction it is an insult to the moderator. where are we here?

  24. #24
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,193


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Where we are at is that it looks like you may be a sock of just banned Ailchu. Are you? If you are, just in posting you prove that you are someone with no ethics who can't follow the rules.

    Of course you can question an infraction. Did you contact the moderator and explain what you intended? That's always allowed. Just don't do it by calling names or imputing someone's character.

    The only goal here is to keep things civil. We often lose good posters because of the incivility and the extreme nationalism some posters exhibit. That's why so many threads have to be closed as well.

    Some posters have been here for years and years. They never get infractions because they're gentlemen and they know how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. They also have no agendas. The just want to understand and to expand the knowledge base. Follow their example and you will have no problems.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    27-02-18
    Posts
    4


    Country: Germany - Baden-Wurttemberg



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Where we are at is that it looks like you may be a sock of just banned Ailchu. Are you? If you are, just in posting you prove that you are someone with no ethics who can't follow the rules.

    Of course you can question an infraction. Did you contact the moderator and explain what you intended? That's always allowed. Just don't do it by calling names or imputing someone's character.

    The only goal here is to keep things civil. We often lose good posters because of the incivility and the extreme nationalism some posters exhibit. That's why so many threads have to be closed as well.

    Some posters have been here for years and years. They never get infractions because they're gentlemen and they know how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. They also have no agendas. The just want to understand and to expand the knowledge base. Follow their example and you will have no problems.
    i responded to jovalis and said that i did not consider it a lie. however he wrote back and called it an Insult to respond.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •