Quote Originally Posted by how yes no 3 View Post

Don't brag with your ignorance...
there is no such a thing as oldness of a single haplotype without comparing it to others. Age is estimated based on diversity of observed haplotypes, roughly speaking its based on number of observed mutations and their positions. There is a mathematical model to do that and those guys have just applied the model to the results of testing. The model used generally in scientific work to estimate age is from what I know not exactly the same as in genealogy that uses somewhat more conservative models as it originally targets to find actual relatives and not to estimate actual age of haplogroup.

their calculation is not good for you, and for some other memebers here, only because it doesnot fit in your wishful thinking.
1. The only candidate for the eldest R1a iin Europe are those with DYS392=13. How many serbs you have with this marker? Even your "scientists" which you like to cite didn't show any of them in their work.

According to Klyosov, there's a 12kyo R1a in Balkans founded in some countries there (derived from M Pericic work and that's the only source for that statement). The next one are R1a from Bukovina with TMRCA cca 5,5kyo. After that there's a lot of subgroups with estimated TMRCA from 5kyo to less.

You can't speak about " number of observed mutations and their positions" if you have a main haplogroup which TMRCA is estimated on 2200 years! To be more concise, you can... BUT forget fictional 14000 years in that case.

Their calculations aren't good for themselves, not for me. They subscribed that work and they will be ashamed, not me. What will you say about "calculations" of some "scientists" which they published not so long ago and which claimet that TMRCA of R1b in western Europe is 9+ kyo????