Y-chromosome HG: tables new scientific papers (frequency/distribution maps Europe)

MarTyro

Reaction score
I have searched a little to find a thread, where tables of Y-DNA-Haplogroup-frequency in Europe are collected (especially of non-english papers). I found none and so I try to begin one here. Please add Place, post Date, Author/s (Year) Title and possibly an image of the table:

Portugal/Iberia (Spain), added 18/10/2011
Martiniano, R. (2010) Variabilidade do cromossoma Y na população do Distrito de Coimbra: tentativa de pesquisa da herança genética de eventos históricos. Dissertação de mestrado em Evolução Humana sob a orientação do Prof. Doutor Augusto Abade e Doutor Licínio Manco, Universidade de Coimbra.
portugal2011ydnahg.png

Good initiative. I have listed most of the major papers about Europe released in the last 10 years here. It's a good idea to have a thread to post new studies.

As for this study by Martiniano, I find it disconcerting that they did not bother to test the subclades of I, nor R1a nor J2 nor T ! Just to be clear, it is only the first line on the table (Coimbra n=92) that is new. The rest comes from older studies.

Thank you for reminding the link to the papers. Here are 3 more (2 german, 1 italian); the accuracy is not always the best:

Western Germany (Freiburg i Br., Mainz, Münster), added 19/10/2011
Wirsching 2009 Vertiefte Analyse der Y-chromosomalen Linie R1b* in westdeutschen Populationen (Further discrimination of the Y-chromosomal haplogroup R1b* in western german populations)

Turku, Finnland (n=86), added 19/10/2011
Braun 2010 Low volume Typisierung Y-chromosomaler SNPs in einer finnischen Population (Reduced-volume and low-volume typing of Y-chromosomal SNPs to obtain Finnish Y-chromosomal compound haplotypes)
Verwendet wurden 86 männliche Proben aus dem Raum Turku, Finnland. [...] In der hier untersuchten finnischen Population stellt N1c* mit 52,3 % die am häufigsten vorkommende Haplogruppe dar. Die zweithäufigste Haplogruppe entstammt der Paragruppe I1* mit 29,1 %. Daraus ergibt sich eine verhältnismäßig niedrige Haplogruppen-Diversität von 0,6208 ± 0,0394.
Haplogruppen innerhalb der Paragruppe P*, welche die häufigste Haplogruppe in Zentral- und Westeuropa ist, wurden nur in 11 der analysierten finnischen Proben gefunden.
Sardinia, Italy (n=376), added 19/10/2011
Contu 2007 VARIABILITA’ GENETICA DEL CROMOSOMA Y IN SARDEGNA: IMPLICAZIONI NEGLI STUDI DI ASSOCIAZIONE SULLE MALATTIE MULTIFATTORIALI

Last edited:
Niederstätter H, Rampl G, Erhart D, Pitterl F, Oberacher H, et al. (2012) Pasture Names with Romance and Slavic Roots Facilitate Dissection of Y Chromosome Variation in an Exclusively German-Speaking Alpine Region. PLoS ONE 7(7): e41885. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0041885 - 270 samples from East Tyrol

This thread has been viewed 13750 times.

Back