Politics Do you think France & Germany can solve the Eurozone crisis?

there are many people even childs who work in family business, especially in summer
the problem is that the best Greek olive oil, which is maybe the best in the world, can not be sold,
why?
that was the paradox after 2003
Greece a traditional olive country and orange and peaches and strawberry import what? olive oil and peaches !!!!
as you understand the paradox is a bigger truth,
it is not strange that after 1990 many neighbor countries got plus developement and greece got minus
all the neighbors are not in EUrozone, so they are flexible as economies.

Yes many Greek children work through the summers, it is the only way small family businesses, who can't afford to employ workers, can survive. In my area children start at about 13 or 14yrs of age, my own children included have been working 12 to 14hr days, every summer since that age. They still do, the extra money enables them to live whilst they study at university through the winter as we can only afford to help them to a certain extent, not fully support them until they have finished their degrees.

The olive oil is another good point, the majority of oil produced on our island is transported to Italy for example. Not to be marketed and sold as a product of Greece, it is bought by Italian companies to be marketed and sold as Italian oil. It is crazy.

Germany and France have their own problems... they can't be paying forever for others' "fiesta" and "siesta".

Seems like the rest of Europe can stop holding it's breath for a moment! If it was for former chancellor Helmut Schmidt, Germany should try to hold it's dominance in European politics back and instead show more solidarity in economy:

Germany risks isolation, warns Schmidt

Former Social Democrat (SPD) chancellor Helmut Schmidt urged Germans today to soothe what he said were growing fears of German dominance in Europe and come to the rescue of debt-stricken euro zone partners.

In an hour-long speech to a party conference, the chain-smoking 92-year-old said Berlin risked isolation if it tried to impose its ideas on European partners. Instead, Mr Schmidt argued, Germany should embrace further European integration.
"If we let ourselves be seduced into taking on a leading role in Europe, our neighbours will brace themselves against us," Schmidt said from a wheelchair to a packed hall of opposition SPD members.
"We need to show heart towards our friends and neighbours. And that is especially the case for Greece," he said.

Taking aim at conservative chancellor Angela Merkel, he said "German national muscle-flexing" was damaging the national interest.
"Considerable doubt has emerged in the last few years about the steadiness of German politics," he said, adding there was "growing concern about German dominance".

Talk of a euro crisis was "idle gossip" by politicians and the media, he said.
Mr Schmidt, who regularly tops national polls of respected politicians, was West German chancellor from 1974 to 1982.
His speech, greeted by a standing ovation, comes just days before a crunch summit of EU leaders who are struggling to find ways to regain investors' confidence in the euro.
Dr Merkel, initially blamed for exacerbating the debt crisis by acting too hesitantly, has doggedly refused to agree to steps that could cost German taxpayers more and fuel inflation.
To the chagrin of countries such as France and Britain, she opposes both a greater role for the European Central Bank in helping debt-ridden euro zone members and common euro zone debt issuance.
Instead, she insists the only way out of the crisis is German-style budget discipline.
To that end, she is pushing EU leaders to agree to new, binding rules giving Brussels greater control over national budgets and automatically punishing states that breach deficit rules. She also wants a financial transaction tax.
Her arguments have triggered accusations that Europe risks turning German. That impression was strengthened when her party ally Volker Kauder said "German is being spoken in Europe." That unleashed a wave of headlines about jackboots and a "Fourth Reich" in countries including Britain. France is also bristling at Germany's new role in Europe which stems from its economic might.
Conservative German newspaper Die Welt ran an editorial last week arguing that Germany had become as isolated as the US was during the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Since the second World War, Germany has shied away from showing political muscle internationally to match its economic power due to its Nazi legacy.
Schmidt said Germany could not be a normal country in the foreseeable future due to its "terrible and unique historic burden." He called for further European integration if the continent were to avoid being sidelined.

The SPD has taken a more pro-European stand in the euro zone crisis and its leaders back the idea of euro bonds.
Schmidt has backed former finance minister Peer Steinbrueck as the SPD's candidate to fight Dr Merkel in the 2013 election. The party's leaders are due to hold their major speeches tomorrow.

Source:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1204/breaking60.html

What the German wise persons think about Spain and the crisis.

They will say that I very rarely see people but this Thursday I met with the mind to new experiences. Announced the presence in the Rafael del Pino Jurgen B. Donges, a type that would be wrong to think that it is not known in his home at lunchtime, and in some circumstances contribute to make it truly unique. First is a German born in Seville, a contradiction 'in terminis' has been resolved on the German side, second is a professor emeritus at the University of Cologne, and finally has been president of the German Council of Economic Experts, and therefore, was one of five scholars who advise the ministers Germans so they know what to do, and paint in gold or in clubs.

Let me place before the character. Donges, so perhaps it was wise for ten years, believes the smartest in the class, and do not forget to remember that if you had done Helmut Kohl case there would have been no crisis of the euro for the simple reason that he saw no need to create a single currency, nor a sovereign debt crisis, because none of the peripheral countries had entered the eurozone, "When I was dispatched to Kohl said he had to think big historical terms," ​​he said in a tone of derision.

We, therefore, to an economist who believes listísimo and feels a deep contempt for politicians, either because they ignore him at all or because no heed to themselves and do not respect their own rules. This disdain is not saved or Angela Merkel, here we find a governess goat or the devil wearing Prada large sizes, but that does not exceed Donges soft.

His conclusion is that the current crisis has nothing to do with financial four years ago but has been driven by governments, as passed by the Arc de Triomphe the European Treaty provisions prohibiting the rescue of a member or the ECB to finance public deficits.

Understandably, the sage is opposed to the ECB buying government debt ("deaf ears and will not solve anything") to euro ("Zapatero and Berlusconi have not done the little that made it not been for the higher risk premiums (...) Jesus told us to be brothers, but cousins ​​referred to the Germans, etc "), and concern that all countries of the nose should remain in euros.

What do things have been done well? Few. A debt restructuring is Greek, which, apparently, was his idea - "I already told my minister" - and it does not really help much because the Greeks can not afford it even with the off, the second , forcing banks to capitalize and to consider debt a risky asset, and the third, extending the formula to constitutionalize the containment of the deficit, as we have imported from Germany. Nevertheless, "we are worse than 18 months ago."

More interesting than the above was to prove that the Germans are happy to know that the Spanish, who filled the auditorium, they are able to laugh out loud laughter when a German repeated the topic here is low productivity because we are lazy and work less that the guardian angel: "In Germany when we left breakfast we will work from home. And you, being in bed a few minutes, half asleep and they need a coffee to go. Maybe that could change, "he said.

The laughs were sad, but more painful was that one of the presenters at Donges, Amadeo Petitbò, asked him what he was going to improve our competitiveness. The question was clearly inappropriate, coming from a gentleman whom taxpayers have paid to chair the Tribunal for the Defense of Competition, naively believing that knew something about the subject.

Back to the comparison between Germany and Spain: there-and-true learning takes great care in companies, and here, there is all much cheaper, to the point where the brandy Carlos I, which deprived Donges, Cologne is five dollars cheaper than in Malaga. And that's not to mention the Frankfurt airport, where no one waits in long lines to pass the controls because there is good and bad here. Even the angry Germans and the U.S. are much better than ours: "They look more neat and more contact with the shower" (laughs). In his opinion, if we are not very productive because we want, but we can learn. "You have learned to play football. There is nothing that can not be changed, "he said. (More laughter).

The lecture concluded with the three wise advice Rajoy, in which he recognized as a merit for having remained silent after the elections. In his view, if politicians stay silent for several months, avoid uncertainties launch markets.

Well, the president-elect should submit a plan to clean up public finances for several years, detailing where to cut spending and put the focus of the income tax rise, "which does not affect business investment." You must also restructure the financial system by creating a bad bank, explaining that taxpayers will have to pay those. Finally, it has to create the Ministry of Economy and Labour to manage an in-depth labor reform, warning unions that will bring you to cool your kicking. Following his advice and be patient, because these things are slow palace, we will be saved.

http://www.cuartopoder.es/preferiri...lemanes-piensan-de-espana-y-de-la-crisis/1227

What an onlooker! a few years ago the whole world was pleased with the Spanish miracle, in this moment it was importing to nobody if we drink coffee before going to the work. If this German wise person wants that we start speaking about topics also we can start the Spanish speaking about topics and say with what intention the U.E. was created in his moment...

Last edited:
Carlos, please don't be offended, but the result of passing the article trough automatic translation, was attrocious. :embarassed:

But don't worry, I could summirize:

The author went to the conference of this Herr/Señor Donges (or something like that) and felt depressed of seeing the combination of sufficiency and arrogance, the cultural/racial sense of supperiorty, plus the lack of deep thought formulas that really addressed the issues.

Hopping that "Cimerianbroke" do not finally explode, I will tell you that that is the sad true I have delved, an old truth that the times have not changed, what changed is our counciousness of it:

Many Germans are arrogant.

"Am deutschen Wesen soll die Welt genesen" :confused:

I don't say that they are "bad" persons. And of course one should not deprive itself for the pleasure of, say, driving a nice German car, reading a good German novel, etcetera, if it suits you, just because of that.

The solution for you?

Don't put yourself in a position where a German could tell you what to do.

It is as simple as that.

Regards.

Spion Stirlitz
Carlos, please don't be offended, but the result of passing the article trough automatic translation, was attrocious.

I am not responsible for the translators, however I have another version with a different translator to see if it suits you more.

On the topic at hand, I get to be in that room and grab my headphones for simultaneous translation I leave and left the room, I find intolerable nonsense to bring a foreign speaker is supposed to receive expert ridiculous insults based on nonsense.

If the Europeans are giving these examples of ignorance of each other, really not going to get anywhere.​

Many Germans are arrogant.

It is not specific to Germans though. Many French, British, Greek, Americans, Spanish, Mexican, Italian, Swedish, Russian, Australian, Turkish, etc etc etc are also arrogant. Unfortunately, it is a condition that is to be found all over the world.

But basically, all arrogance says about a person is that they are ignorant.

Cimmerianbloke is a Belgian guy living in Germany, so he's writing his statements out of a Belgian perspective. Even though he expresses a lot of feelings many Germans share, but wouldn't dare to express.

But anyways, there has never been a time in which a nation with more economical or political power than another country has not been called arrogant. It is both due to a feeling of powerlessness of the weaker one and a feeling of confirmation of the stronger one. For a long time Australians might have called the British as arrogant; for Latin America the Spanish and Portuguese are arrogant; for a South Italian North Italians are arrogant; in Europe the French are arrogant anyway, and so are the Germans; and for the whole world US-Americans are arrogant.

US more leveraged than Italy, France or Spain

(Bloomberg) -- Greece is the most leveraged developed country, followed by Portugal and the U.K., according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The U.S. tied with Ireland as the fourth most leveraged in the rankings, ahead of France, Spain and Italy.

I have some doubts on this matter. And the key here is that these two characters behave with each passing year more and more like the Emperors. They talk somewhere behind closed doors about issues that should be discussed by the leaders of all the European Union. And so, from the outset. Also the euro-themed issues will require a much more democratic. But, as it seems to me, knowledge of some West European leaders of a recent history are very weak.
It is understandable that they have no personal experience of a previous project, which collapsed in East Europe, but they could at least try to learn something from this.

After 2012, Sarkozy will not be president anymore which is not bad for the EU

With every day that Mrs. Merkel interferes and meddles into internal politics of other EU states, I feel more and more embarrased and ashamed about our chancelloress. Especially the election campaign for Sarkozy yesterday, but also Merkozy's decision yesterday without the rest of the EU to introduce a frozen account for Greece was far too much.

Sadly, as most Germans are not directly affected by it, they don't have an idea or a feeling for what is going on in Europe outside of Germany. Demonstrations by Europeans outside of Berlin or Brussels won't help very much in that case. If people wanted to put more awareness into that issue, they need to come here! In millions!

For instance, if Mrs. Merkel treats the whole of Europe as if she was it's chancelloress, there is no reason why other members of the EU shouldn't treat the Bundestag as if it was their parliament, or the court of justice in Karlsruhe as if it was their court of justice!
My advice for all the members of the EU is to form their own parties or set up their own chancellor candidates who run for the German national Bundestag elections in 2013. Set up your own ballot boxes, throw the votes into the German boxes, or even better, come to Germany in thousands (or better millions) to the ballot offices and insist on joining the elections! Sue the government and go to Karlsruhe or the court of justice in Luxembourg if your votes are not counted!

Of course the chances for immediate success are limited, but I think this is the only way to put awareness on this problem, or otherwise it will never end!

I think the thread should be re-titled "can Germany solve the Eurozone crisis" as France clearly disqualified for failing to preserve her economy from the turmoil. With talks of Greece leaving the Eurozone getting louder and clearer, it's only a matter of time before the Eurozone bows to Frau Merkel's will. How much austerity can Greece put up with is the trigger...

Nope, the E.U. won't exist anymore in the near future. It's a good victory for honest people and mankind. So this ridiculous devil illuminati plan won't work. So yes I'm hope the E.U. falls fast. :)

We need more common laws including legal, especially tougher anti-corruption laws and eliminate bureaucracy and lower taxes on self-employed in Spain for example are about 300 € monthly without barriers and bureaucracy when starting a business, giving the impression that your government accuses you and hinders you in creating a business.

The troubles in the Eurozone are much too deep for one or two countries to solve. The system requires a complete revamping.

BTW, Draconian austerity measures are just making things worse.

Sarkozy bluntly told Cameron: "You have lost a good opportunity to shut up."

I wish I could have seen that :LOL: The UK want none of the hassle of Europe but all the benefits. We don't want to deal the Euro-zone crisis, but we don't want the solutions to effect us negatively.

WE WANT TO HAVE OUR CAKE AND TO EAT IT! :ramen:

Article

Yeah Cameron is an arse. The Tories keep giving us the speel that they can renegotiate on the terms of Europe for Britain, which of course they can't. He lies to us and pisses off the rest of the EU no doubt. We need to have a referendum here soon to sort it out, one way or the other.

This thread has been viewed 42477 times.

Back