Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Appalachian American
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1b2a1a
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c1
Is there a link to a paper or web page with data that show the various y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroup subclades of African Americans?

This is MtDNA from African Americans that are listed as distant cousins in my relative finder (23andme):

- L1b1a7
- L2a
- L3e5
- L3f1b

I don't have references for Y-DNA, since those cousins showed all a European haplogroup (different R1b subclades). But if no more information appears, I'll try to check the site and see if I find something new. At least, I Hope this is helpful for the moment.

This is MtDNA from African Americans that are listed as distant cousins in my relative finder (23andme):

- L1b1a7
- L2a
- L3e5
- L3f1b

I don't have references for Y-DNA, since those cousins showed all a European haplogroup (different R1b subclades). But if no more information appears, I'll try to check the site and see if I find something new. At least, I Hope this is helpful for the moment.

Thanks, I was looking in particular the percentage of haplogroups (including non-African originating haplogroups) among self-identified African Americans, sort of like what's present at this site for the various European nations.

Buf, that's very difficult elghund, don't know if researchers have published something about it. There are lot of possibilities in regards of European haplogroups, since they are mixed with a lot of Western European stock in USA.

It's surely easier to find something about the African haplogroups between them, since it's what probably has more interest to know from wich parts of Africa this Americans came from.

This thread has been viewed 12921 times.

Back