Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: To the members in general : please be keeping on the measurment of your purposes.

  1. #1
    Landlord ACourvoisier's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-10-11
    Location
    Lausanne/Vaud
    Posts
    33

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    ?
    MtDNA haplogroup
    ?

    Country: Switzerland



    To the members in general : please be keeping on the measurment of your purposes.

    I would remember to all the members as users, that when we type « Euopre Forum » on a known research engine, this site is about to be the third result, and by this was is it the first credible link.
    What is – beside of the laws – on more reason to always being measuring your pruposes as justify them when they are not some evidences, and this: how convicated you are.

    Think when a european Deputy came here, or their relashionships came here.

    And even if I am not always according about some free and philosophical thoughts or expressions with Maciamo, there is one thing here we must admit : this is at least his honesty in the intellectual sense of the term,
    and what I can advice to people who are not sure of their self purposes, this is: to make a little « tour » to see his well written posts, would they approve them or disapprove them.

    And I must admit (indeed : « avouer » in french), that whan I came on this site some days ago, I thought to have been arrived on a site of snobs ; but this was mainly because of the length of the posts, which was not common for an internet forum ; and it appears clearly that most of people here are not, and that they are brave people.

    The other thing that I have to « admit », is that when I first saw, under the topic about social aid, that we could be accorded in telling that :
    « a person how made 10 social errors could ideally be deported », I was shocked. Have the members of this forum made the Army ?
    If this is the case, you would soon see that in such a « armoured context », we’ll soon find in your conduct 10 social errors. But – fortunately – this idea was only accorded as being « sound like » a good idea.



    So for all these reasons, even if your word are precise, allways give your « context » to your words.

    Thank you to the members as users, for having read this.


    ACourvoisier
    <<Physics are not all.>> - Robert J. OPPENHEIMER,
    <<This is not to you to tell what God must do.>> - Niels BOHR to Alebert Einstein,
    <<Rien ne se perd, ni ne se créé, dans les oeuvres de l'Art ou de la Nature; tout se conserve.>> - Antoine Laurent de LAVOISIER

  2. #2
    Great Adventurer sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,251

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by ACourvoisier View Post
    And I must admit (indeed : « avouer » in french), that whan I came on this site some days ago, I thought to have been arrived on a site of snobs ; but this was mainly because of the length of the posts, which was not common for an internet forum ; and it appears clearly that most of people here are not, and that they are brave people.
    Is "brave" the word you're looking for? I'm not exactly sure what your point is.

    Eupedia tends to be quite intellectual due to its focus on subjects like anthropology, science, and history. Although it also has music, travel, food, etc. sections if you prefer shorter, less involved or "snobbish" things to talk about.

    Quote Originally Posted by ACourvoisier View Post
    The other thing that I have to « admit », is that when I first saw, under the topic about social aid, that we could be accorded in telling that :
    « a person how made 10 social errors could ideally be deported », I was shocked. Have the members of this forum made the Army ?
    If this is the case, you would soon see that in such a « armoured context », we’ll soon find in your conduct 10 social errors. But – fortunately – this idea was only accorded as being « sound like » a good idea.
    That was just Templar, and I doubt he could successfully rally the rest of Eupedia's forum members behind that idea.

  3. #3
    Landlord ACourvoisier's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-10-11
    Location
    Lausanne/Vaud
    Posts
    33

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    ?
    MtDNA haplogroup
    ?

    Country: Switzerland



    Thank you for this answer.
    Effectively, "brave" has a pretty kind meaning in french (same orthography, but a little different meaning, however: a positive one).
    And I have took my dictionary with me, and didn't took it back at home.

    And the on-line dictionaries are not complete.

    But as soon as I'll find the equivalent of "brave"-in-french (on Monday I think), I will post it here.

  4. #4
    aimless wanderer Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    638


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by ACourvoisier View Post
    And I must admit (indeed : « avouer » in french), that whan I came on this site some days ago, I thought to have been arrived on a site of snobs ; but this was mainly because of the length of the posts, which was not common for an internet forum ; and it appears clearly that most of people here are not, and that they are brave people.
    Thank you!

  5. #5
    Yeti-tamer
    Join Date
    30-03-10
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Saxon and Norse
    Country: United Kingdom



    Mr Courvoisier,
    )
    Before you star admonishing other members on the quality of their contributions you may want to work on your English because I am having a hard time understanding your sentences. You should install a spell checker on your browser. It will eliminate words that don't exist in English like "convicated". Believe me there are many in what you wrote!

  6. #6
    Landlord ACourvoisier's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-10-11
    Location
    Lausanne/Vaud
    Posts
    33

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    ?
    MtDNA haplogroup
    ?

    Country: Switzerland



    I must indeed take the orthography in consideration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacker22 View Post
    Mr Courvoisier,
    )
    Before you star admonishing other members on the quality of their contributions you may want to work on your English because I am having a hard time understanding your sentences. You should install a spell checker on your browser. It will eliminate words that don't exist in English like "convicated". Believe me there are many in what you wrote!
    Oh, I am honestly very honored for communicating with a donator !

    Sometimes, a make a copy-paste from a text editor, and in such a way, the orthographical correction made (in a part between the site and my mac operating system) doesn't work anymore. And considering only orthography for this time, I think you would have written "start" in place of "star".

    Ideed, I wrote "convicated" in place of convinced,
    and wrote "brave", but the new dictionary I bought today gives the same term; maybe is it a new meaning.


    My previous message was not only an admonishment, but exactly an advice to place the context:

    not for me, not even for the European Union, but for them to protect themselves.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Templar's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-10-11
    Posts
    590

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G-L42
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1

    Ethnic group
    Paleolithic European
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    You all completely misunderstood my thoughts regarding deportation and social value. My point was that people who could not be changed/rehabilitated (i.e. serial offenders), should not be tolerated by society. If you give some1 2-3 chances, and they STILL continue to hurt innocent, then something has to be done. Maciamo agreed with me, I don't know what you 2 have against it. Its common sense.

  8. #8
    Great Adventurer sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,251

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    You all completely misunderstood my thoughts regarding deportation and social value. My point was that people who could not be changed/rehabilitated (i.e. serial offenders), should not be tolerated by society. If you give some1 2-3 chances, and they STILL continue to hurt innocent, then something has to be done. Maciamo agreed with me, I don't know what you 2 have against it. Its common sense.
    My opposition is simply that we've got that in California (well, something similar) and it has failed badly. Sorry I missed Maciamo agreeing with you and suggested that you were alone in your opinion.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Templar's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-10-11
    Posts
    590

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G-L42
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1

    Ethnic group
    Paleolithic European
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    My opposition is simply that we've got that in California (well, something similar) and it has failed badly.
    I saw a documentary about it, and the reason it failed it is because it groups violent crime together with nonviolent. So if someone stole something 3 different times, he can be given an extremely long sentence, which isn't right. I am saying that you should only take into account the serious stuff.

Similar Threads

  1. General Election
    By edao in forum Politics & Governments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-02-14, 13:56
  2. Culture and Language Diversity: Worth Keeping?
    By strongvoicesforward in forum Opinions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-10-11, 14:12
  3. Former Croatian General Ante Gotovina--injustice
    By marica mandic in forum EU politics & government
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-11, 00:50
  4. Companies Hiring Workers Now For general Jobs
    By lakaip in forum Education
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-05-11, 03:29
  5. EU 27 : 2 more members
    By Maciamo in forum EU politics & government
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-11-06, 04:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •