Where would mexicans/central-americans' phenotype fit better in Europe?

Where would a mexican/central-american phenotype fit better?

• Total voters
Nowhere, unless one has sight problems :)

For people in the ~25% Amerindian range, Turkey probably but otherwise none of them unless you're almost fully of European descent and just look Spanish.

For people in the ~25% Amerindian range, Turkey probably but otherwise none of them unless you're almost fully of European descent and just look Spanish.
I know Turks pretty well but so far haven't met even one who would even slightly look like a mezoamerican....

Well he didn't give a "nowhere" option and if you look at some castizos they can resemble, even if only slightly, Turanid looking Turks.

Well he didn't give a "nowhere" option and if you look at some castizos they can resemble, even if only slightly, Turanid looking Turks.
Ok, maybe because of some general 'asiatic' look of the both phenotypes you refer to, but still they will be distinguishable. Yes, 'nowhere' is missing from the pol. :)

Unless the Mexican in question is white, in which case they would fit the same places a Spaniard would.

Unless the Mexican in question is white, in which case they would fit the same places a Spaniard would.
Yes, that's for sure, but I don't think our friend mean that type when creating this poll.

Nowhere in Europe. The huge majority of Mexicans have a very unique look.

People picked Romania and Hungary??? I find it hard to believe a typical Mexican mestizo could fit there (let alone anywhere in Europe at all!!)

Turkey would be the better fit (althought it's not a fit prper), because of mongolian ancestry in both of them (directly the turks), derived the amerinds (due to more ancient migrations).. in addiction to that there is the contemporary phenotype evolution due to clime adaption.. many south americans amerinds are developing facial traits similar to those of mediterranean population (pigmentation, but also hooked nose typical of eastern mediterranean appearence, caucasus appearence), as well as losing mongolian eyelids due to climate adaptions.
To that i might add that mexicans are mixed themselves to a certain degree with europeans, which connect better them with turks

Turkey for the ones that don't look blatantly Amerindian.. because often the minor Amerindian influence combines in such a way with the Med that it comes out Turkish looking.

Completely unmixed white Mexicans usually can look Spanish. I haven't seen any purely white Guatemalans, Hondurans etc though.

Another observation I have come up with is that some Mexicans who are in the castizo range (25% Amerindian) can look pseudo West Asian, like Lebanese or something, and not outright Amerindian but not quite Spanish.

This thread has been viewed 5289 times.

Back