Thread: K12a admixture calculator

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

As far as I remember there was a debate going on with regard to Dodecad sample of Russians as they come from Vologda, the North Central European Part of Russia.

Accroding to one observer "in fact, these results mirror the previous mtDNA and Y chromosome work with regards to East Asian admixture in Vologda Russians. If I recall correctly, sampled Tambov-area Russians registered no East Asian mtDNA or Y chromosomes; incidentally, this was the area of Russia described as being the most “Nordic” by Coon. More sampling is required, obviously."

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn...europes-north/

It is not that Dienke did not want to choose a sample with better representation (including more Southern parts of Russia) but because Russians officially were not releasing other data.

Well, I don't know the origins of those K-12 admixture Russians, but they again may be from this selected group.

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by ElHorsto View Post
    Neolithic expansion was not necessarily the driving force which pushed Paleo-Meds to the north west. The Combe-Capelle finding was already in France 9500 years ago, without being neolithic. The arrows and stones found besides were from stone age hunter-gatherer time, no agriculture at all. Similar hunter-gatherer finds have been found also in the middle east. I believe that the ice free Atlantic coast had a more important role than neolithization.
    Yes, I agree, the true picture is much more complex to explain by some one event.

Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 285

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

Ethnic group
    Catalan

By the way Dagne, there are only 6 Lithuanians in the project, and just one Latvian and one Estonian joining Dodecad. The Baltic region obviously needs more representation, and I was wondering if you are already part of the Lithuanian samples or if you plan to test yourself in the near future.

Just curious, yours is a very interesting population.

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

No, I haven't tested... I should do it, agree. Perhaps when I have some free cash :)
    According to Dienkes anthropometric calculator for females http://dienekes.awar...hro/indexf.html, I register by all parameters and independent parameters as 100% Iranian! :)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

Ethnic group
    Catalan

Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    No, I haven't tested... I should do it, agree. Perhaps when I have some free cash :)
    According to Dienkes anthropometric calculator for females http://dienekes.awar...hro/indexf.html, I register by all parameters and independent parameters as 100% Iranian! :)
    Let us know when you do ;)

I don't think the mentioned calculator and the equivalent for males is truly reliable. The best to get an accurate idea of ones genetic background is always do as much autosomal tests as possible. You'll see then that you have little to do with Iranians, I'm sure xd.

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by Knovas View Post
    Let us know when you do ;)

I don't think the mentioned calculator and the equivalent for males is truly reliable. The best to get an accurate idea of ones genetic background is always do as much autosomal tests as possible. You'll see then that you have little to do with Iranians, I'm sure xd.
    Yes, I agree, I am way too much fair in complextion, blue eyed, blond, tall for an Iranian ...

Banned Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

That's nonsense. I made a test with the anthropometric calculator and it said that I was from Slovenia (not even a Greek, like most guys on that site!). But every time when I look at the mirror I see an Iranic person and I'm happy again...

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by Goga View Post
    That's nonsense. I made a test with the anthropometric calculator and it said that I was from Slovenia (not even a Greek, like most guys on that site!). But every time when I look at the mirror I see an Iranic person and I'm happy again...
    Yes, I understand that anthropometric calcluators cannot be precise, but perhaps there is a somewhat connection? Goga, did you do the autosomal testing? What are those compared to other Iranians?

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Goga, did you do the autosomal testing? What are those compared to other Iranians?
    No, I don't have willingness to spend money on it. I want to do it for free, but I can't do it anywhere. I don't hurry cause I do know my parents and I know where I'm from. So I'm waiting for an opportunity do to it for free.

I'm of Kurdish origin. And since Kurds have the so called ancient 'Iranic' roots I do consider my ethnicity as Iranic.

Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163

Ethnic group
    Georgian

Goga, we might know several generations before us, but we can never be sure of a deeper past without doing a test :)

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by Goga View Post
    I'm of Kurdish origin. And since Kurds have the so called ancient 'Iranic' roots I do consider my ethnicity as Iranic.
    This is very personal, of course, about your self-identity, but it is rather unusual from my point of logic - why to consider yourself Iranian if you're Kurdish? Usually people try to identify themselves with something more particular rather than more general - like people from Spain being Catalan or Basque ... Me also, being more than half Samogitian (one of the Lithuanian ethnicity) ...

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    Goga, we might know several generations before us, but we can never be sure of a deeper past without doing a test :)
    Without looking at the Kristal Boll I'm sure that my autosomal DNA would tell me that I'm from Kurdistan and that I do belong mostly to the West Asian group between Georgians (Caucasians) and Persians.

This is very personal, of course, about your self-identity, but it is rather unusual from my point of logic - why to consider yourself Iranian if you're Kurdish? Usually people try to identify themselves with something more particular rather than more general - like people from Spain being Catalan or Basque ... Me also, being more than half Samogitian (one of the Lithuanian ethnicity) ...
    I'm not an Iranian and I'm not from Iran, I'm 'Iranic'. And I absolutely ain't no a Pan-Iranist. I will be the luckiest person on earth when the free world will teach Persians a great lesson about freedom. For me Persians are the same as Turks and Arabs, and maybe even worse.

But I'm who I am. I'm not only Iranic by 'ethnicity' (roots) but also by language, culture (ethics, moral standards, values) and also by religion. I mean even even my religion, that's related to the Zoroastrianism, is Iranic.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 176

Merry Christmas to all those celebrating, and/or sympathizing!
    Back to the K12a.
    I've joined the Dodecad project also (maybe soon we'll have enough Ukrainians-D). Dienekes ran my 23 & me results just days ago. Here is what he gives me: (I'll put the Yunusbaev Ukrs. in parenth. for comparison)
    Mediterranean: 26.9 (19.5)
    Far Asian: 0.3 (0.3)
    Siberian: 1.5 (0.9)
    North European: 52.3 (60.6)
    South Asian: 1.0 (0.7)
    West African: 0 (0)
    Caucasus: 13.6 (13.7)
    Gedrosia: 1.6 (0.8)
    East African: 0 (0)
    Southwest Asian 2.8 (2.9)
    Southeast Asian: 0 (0.4)
    Northwest African 0 (0.2)
    Some of this I found a bit surprising. Gedmatch (which admits to some differences with the previous Dodecad calculator) had me practically identical to the Yunusbaev contingent. Now I see large distinctions in some areas (esp. NE and Med.). Perhaps this is due to the sample origin. The Yunusbaev group apparently sampled Ukrainians in the Caucasus area (we don't know how long they resided there or where they came from). I am of solid West Ukrainian stock on both sides of the family going back more than 400 years. We've assimilated a bit of Polish in recent generations, and I have a Melkite Arab 2nd great-grandmother (our paper trail interestingly enough was confirmed in this regard by McDonald's analysis of my X with its little Middle Eastern stretch).
    Obviously a great deal more sampling is needed. But I'll wait with interest to see what Dienekes makes of this latest admixture experiment.
    Last edited by razor; 25-12-11 at 17:14. Reason: spelling

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

Ethnic group
    Catalan

What you get in this context looks good according you are mostly Western Ukranian.

Thanks for sharing it, Merry Christmas :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123