Robot, anyone?! New technological revolution is near.

Impressive skeletal maneuverability.

Little robot biking.

New NASA Super Robot. Not that impressive as Boston Dynamic's one, but self contained with batteries and easy to replace parts. Great for a rescue mission robot. Japanese needed one of these in Fukushima nuclear disaster, but nothing like this was available at that time.

Have you noticed that Massive Dynamics from "Fringe" could be a tribute to Boston Dynamics ?

Have you noticed that Massive Dynamics from "Fringe" could be a tribute to Boston Dynamics ?
I'm not sure what you mean, could you give a link to the "Fringe" to read about?

They have very cool prostetics and are very concentrated on 3D printing.
http://www.massivedynamicsinc.com/letter-to-shareholders.php

They seem to do some revolutionary things in these fields, however when I checked their stock status something weird came up. In the memo about company you posted it says that Massive Dynamics is worth 50 billion dollars, but their stock price is at 0.03 dollars, and market capitalization at 1.3 million. It means a very small and very risky business.

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/quote/mssd/massive-dynamics-inc
getChart.go

Is there something fishy going on with this company?

Last edited:
As far as I know Massive Dynamic is a, fictional company, government contractor located in Boston .

As far as I know Massive Dynamic is a, fictional company, government contractor located in Boston .
I don't think they have anything to do with Boston Dynamic. Recently Boston Dynamics was bought by Google.

Robot catches flying objects. Superior hand-eye coordination. It was never done before!

Schaft, the rescue robot in training.

Robot Brain..learns from internet and will be able to answer queries from other robots. I`m not sure about it doing too much research via YouTube however...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28936436
That's really amazing Hope, thanks.

One of the puzzles, how to program robot to perform many tasks and new tasks, seems to be solved thanks to great depository of Youtube videos of "how to" kind. Later robots themselves can teach other robots via wifi and internet, or go to this mama Robo Brain for info. It is a bit scary scenario, lol, as robots will be linked by sort of common knowledge, not to say consciousness.

PS.[FONT=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif] I have to confess I'm frequent user of this Youtube manuals, as I'm a handy many on steroids, lol.
[/FONT]
This includes the ability to recognise chairs, and understand how items such as microwaves and umbrellas are used.
The researchers say Robo Brain is not just capable of recognising objects, but of understanding how they are used, as well as more complex concepts - including human language and behaviour.
For example, it can recognise objects such as mugs, and understand what a mug is used for and how it is carried.
It is also able to recognise when someone is watching television, and knows not to get in the way.
Ashutosh Saxena, of Cornell University, one of the researchers behind the project, said the idea was to create a huge repository of information that robots could call on to perform tasks around the house or at work.
"If a robot encounters a situation it hasn't seen before, it can query Robo Brain in the cloud," he said.
Experts believe robots may be available in homes within 10 years, with robot vacuum cleaners and lawnmowers among the devices already available.
More humanoid robots, able to assist disabled or elderly people, are now being developed.
Researchers are increasingly looking to develop central repository stores of information to power these robots.

_77173349_149022088.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28936436

It is a bit scary scenario, lol, as robots will be linked by sort of common knowledge, not to say consciousness.
I was thinking the same.
I have to confess I'm frequent user of this Youtube manuals, as I'm a handy many on steroids,
Well I have to agree as a fellow "How to.." YouTube user. I was thinking more about other stuff on YouTube, but of course Robot Brian will probably not be accessing all YT, so no problem.
Handy man on steroids..that`s definitely going to get you in good books at home...:)

New and improved dog fully electric. It really moves awesome!

Atlas left the building. New battery pack, awesome balance and tolerance for bullies.

Last edited:
This is light industrial robot from a box. Everybody can buy it. It is programmable by showing the robot how you want it to do the job. Could be employed in garage type small business manufacturing. Only 22,000 thousand dollars. Less than cost of equivalent human worker for a year.
Meet Baxeter:
baxter-robot-rethink_427b_wide-d0d39803ee06fdc5a88dd0ba3f13ffa32a062983.jpg

This thread has been viewed 44083 times.

Back