What do folks from the Ibr. Peninsula and the Brit. Isles think about haplogroup R1b?

Hypothetical R1b migration

• It's from Eu, later migrated into the Fertile Crescent through the Pont-Casp steppe

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • From Eu, later moved to the Nile Del. and the F. Crescent through the eastern part of the Med coast.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It's from the Pontic-Caspian steppe and later migrated into the Fertile Crescent and Europe

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It's from Anatolia / West Asia and later migrated into Europe through the Pontic-Caspian steppe

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • It's from Anatolia / West Asia and later migrated into Europe through the Fertile Crescent

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
The problem with that though is that R1b in Irish/Scots is predominantly L21 and in Spain it is DF27. I think most people now know that Bell Beakers are primarily the culprits that spread R1b.

That is scientifically according to carbon fourteen certain branches R1B spread from Portugal to the rest of europe?

I am not talking about hypotheses but deductions based on scientific evidence.

L21 and DF27 sister branches, apart from L21 amount very considerrable northern peninsula iberica.

I do not like to remember these things but according to the only scientific tests to date made with carbon 14 the origin of the base of bell is in Portugal, the other for the moment are hypotheses and theories.

Irish and Scottish people do'nt know their ancestors came from Iberia. Irish myths spoke of many "invasions" (from 3 to 6) from outside Ireland without precising who was Celt or not: their legends contain variants and have to be analysed with great caution (they are mixing other sources picked here and there as the Tribes of Israel dispersion and similar stuff: Scythes and Co); let's say they are almost useless to historians; the only interesting thing are the names like 'Fir Bolgs' and 'Fir Domnann' and 'Fir Galliôin' which could be true tribes with Celtic origin: Belgae, Dumnonians and Laigin (or Galli?), all that taken with an heavy spoon of salt.
the Cimmerians moved from their eastern territories only very lately (10th-7th Cy?), too late to be at the origin of known Celtic peoples; by the way their name has no common origin with the Cimbri and Cambria names

Did you only read part of the Irish Book of Invasions? It states clearly about milesians son of mil. Who were known to be Irish Gaels and the last of the Celts to invade Ireland.
And when you've finished that I suggest you read ALL of the Declaration of Arbroath. It is the Scottish claim to independence written to the Pope. It specifically claims them starting in greater Scythia then travelling the Mediterranean where they end up in Spain for a time before moving to Ireland and finally to Scotland. There's no way to refute this claim.
I

And the Cimmerian's relocating around the 10th - 7th century B.C. actually helps my argument for the 7th century B.C. is precisely when the celtic Hallstatt culture starts haha thanks

You should get your facts straight. First of all the ten tribe b.s. has no place here. This is one of the only sites where it is never stated because genetics is the truth. The ten tribe is a total fallacy, you would have a better chance to get me to believe Jesus was actually a Celt. After all he was a GALilean, It doesn't make sense to be murdered by your own people either. It makes more sense that he was alienated because he was different and celtic.

And the just cause they were in Iberia doesn't mean they were Iberian, Iberia is not where they started. They started as Indo European nomadic raiding warrior horsemen from the steppes i.e. scythian, cimmerian. Did not the R1b strain start from the Indo Europeans and become predominantly celtic?
The ten tribes were wiped out by Assyrians in the 7th century B.C. Are you trying to say there wasn't an enormous tribe of nomads in Scythia before the 7th century haha.

Actually I just checked the Irish Book of Invasions again. So both the Irish and Scottish histories claim a scythian origin!

This kind of Poll is clearly for amateurish people trying to write history with various datas... In 2015 Johns says that yamna was 50% ehg and 25 / 25 whg chg, know its i dont how much CHG and Iran, iran and iran, Lazaridis even try to tell us that yamnaya was levant, anatolia and iran neolithic melting pot... But that data is only coherent with late chalcolithic such as cultural maykop... How could R1b came from armenia going throught steppe and balkans, if we already have a lot of datas even from paelolithic from all those county... I mean the denial in eupedia, grow so much over the years...

Oh yeah I'm sorry, Villabruna that reich think replaced genetically previous paleolithic HG was just a lonely wanderer of R1b, like those from balkans, just random guys hu... But the theory that R1b came from anatolia in balkans in last glacial maximum, can be coherent with datas.

The Synchronized History of Ireland

The Book of Invasions (Lebor Gabála Érenn) is part of what modern scholars call the Synchronized History of Ireland. The early Christian monks in Ireland were sponsored by, and generally part of the dominant families of Ireland and they sought to synchronize the various regional stories that were told by the Poets (Fili) into a unified story that would serve two purposes.

One purpose was to turn these often-contemporaneous stories into a linear narrative that could be synchronized with the stories of the Roman, Greek and Hebrew world, about which they had recently become aware. (They used the Hebrew calendar for their dating.) They cut, moved and generally used or ignored whatever they needed to achieve their purpose which was not to record pure history, but rather to join the story of their people to the greater world.

The other purpose was to make their own group the dominant one in Ireland so that they could claim as much power as possible in their time. The monks had an agenda and it was not history. Saint Columba was a prince of the Northern Uí Néill and this was not unusual.

The stories that have come down to us were developed by the two branches of the O’Neill dynasties, the Northern Uí Néill and Southern Uí Néill who ruled most of the north and center of Ireland from around 450 AD. They monopolized the High Kingship of Ireland for 500 years to around 1000 AD. They originally called themselves the Féini as seen in this Eighth Century legal tract.
"There were three principal kinships in Ireland: the Féini, the Ulaidh (Ulster), and the Gáilni, i.e., the Laighin (Leinster)."

Féini was later used to refer to all free peoples, so the Synchronists invented an ancestor called Gaedheal Glas from whom the Uí Néill were said to descend and they became the Gael. Since they wished to rule all of Ireland, their Synchronist monks grafted all free tribes onto their new genealogy and everyone became a Gael to the Uí Néill, even peoples like the Dál Fiatach and Dál Riada who were considered to be Érainn and part of the Ulaidh (Ulster).

For the past 50 or more years, one of the main objects of the study of Irish History is to undo the work of the Synchronists. There well-known scholars were among that group and the first two books have been available since the 1970s

Ireland Before the Normans by Donncha O'Corrain.
Ireland Before the Vikings by Gearoid MacNiocaill.
Early Medieval Ireland, 400-1200 by Daibhi O Croinin

Well since we know that genetically the northern Irish and Scottish are related and use Gaelic as their native tongue, how could their histories be wrong when they both denote scythian origins and their histories were composed 300 years apart.

The Irish Book of Invasions was compiled in the 1600's where as the Scottish Declaration of Arbroath was compiled after they defeated the English for independence in the 1300's. Scottish and Irish are some of the last remaining celtic cultures on the planet, so how can you refute their histories. All in all this is a site about DNA and DNA doesn't lie so since the the Scots/Irish have alot of R1b haven't you looked at the info on this site? R1b swept through Europe with Nomadic Indo European horsemen who would've been scythian and Cimmerian and mixing with earlier Europeans that were there when they swept through.

Having in mind Ma'lta boy, I think R1b folks first appeared in North Eurasia then migrated through Pontic steppe to Balkans then to Turkey then one group (V88) went to Levant+Africa, other group settled Caucasus region(Yamna culture) from there they resettled Europe through Ukraine from which one group (Z2103) yet again resettled Neareast the other went to Western Europe (L11). They seem to circumnavigate the black sea!

Both the Irish/Scottish gaels, know they were in Spain before they continued to Ireland. They were the last influx of Celtic invaders that I conclude were Cimmerian's originally

Look the Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians were later occupiers of North caucasus so Celts haven't descended from them, but intriguingly Celtic sagas seem to have got the geography correct if not the specific people because R1b folks did came from Yamna culture which is surprisingly in very same region as Cimmerians were! very true myths for Irish folks.

The BBC did actually have series called Celts years ago. They denote the Celts beginnings as Cimmerian's. The dates coincide very well, it was soon after the Cimmerian's disappeared from history in around 1000 B.C. just in time for them to reappear in Europe soon after.

This thread has been viewed 34446 times.

Back