R1b Migration (OFFTOPIC about Kurdish language)

Goga

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a*
mtDNA haplogroup
HV1b2
I really have to wonder why you keep bringing this up, anyways.
Because it has some influences on my own (West Asian / Kurdish) history. Because there was some connection between R1b folks and my own people. That why I'm interested so much in this case.

That's why. I do really want to know what happened in my homeland.

Changes in your history could cause changes in my own history. And I want find the true what really happened in the past.

Because it has some influences on my own (West Asian / Kurdish) history. Because there was some connection between R1b folks and my own people. That why I'm interested so much in this case.

That's why. I do really want to know what happened in my homeland.

Changes in your history could cause changes in my own history. And I want find the true what really happened in the past.

I really don't think there is any connection with R1b, especially not with R1b-L11. Also, let's look at it from the linguistic perspective: the Kurds speak an Indo-Iranic language, and amongst the modern languages, it is related with Persian, Pashtoo and Ossetian, and more distantly with Indic languages like Hindi, Urdu and Singhalese. Amongst the ancient languages, the Indo-Iranic is represented by Avestan and Sanskrit. Why seek the connection with Western Europe?

I really don't think there is any connection with R1b, especially not with R1b-L11. Also, let's look at it from the linguistic perspective: the Kurds speak an Indo-Iranic language, and amongst the modern languages, it is related with Persian, Pashtoo and Ossetian, and more distantly with Indic languages like Hindi, Urdu and Singhalese. Amongst the ancient languages, the Indo-Iranic is represented by Avestan and Sanskrit. Why seek the connection with Western Europe?
Well, according to you European R1b came from Anatolia / West Asia through the Pontic-Caspian steppe. Kurds are the native inhabitants of Kurdistan and they always have been living in Kurdistan (West Asia). For 10000, 20000 years maybe even longer.

Kurdish is a West Iranic language and is also very close related to the Caucasian (Hurrian) languages. Kurdish is from the same area where according to you where R1b lived many thousands years ago!

Actually Kurdish is not a Northwest Iranic language, but Irano-Hurrian language!

Kurds are native to Kurdistan (Anatolia/West Asia), Kurdish language is native to Kurdistan.

What the hell was r1b doing in Kurdistan? Where J2 has always been native to this region! It doesn't fit very well in this picture you see.

That's why I'm interested in this case!

Well, according to you European R1b came from Anatolia / West Asia through the Pontic-Caspian steppe. Kurds are the native inhabitants of Kurdistan and they always have been living in Kurdistan (West Asia).

How do you define "native" and "always"? Because that can only mean "as long as history mentions them". I don't think Kurds (or "Proto-Kurds", if you will) lived there in the Copper Age, let alone the Neolithic.

Kurdish is a West Iranic language and is also very close related to the Caucasian (Hurrian) languages.

Kurdish is definitely not related with Hurrian. Kurdish is obviously an Indo-European languages, whereas Hurrian is only related with the Urartian languages (together forming the so-called "Hurro-Urartian languages"), and there's no clear relationship with any of the three modern Caucasian language families (Kartvelian, Northeast Caucasian, Northwest Caucasian).

Kurdish is from the same area where according to you where R1b lived many thousands years ago!

No offense, but you're totally overinterpreting things.

How do you define "native" and "always"? Because that can only mean "as long as history mentions them". I don't think Kurds (or "Proto-Kurds", if you will) lived there in the Copper Age, let alone the Neolithic.

Kurdish is definitely not related with Hurrian. Kurdish is obviously an Indo-European languages, whereas Hurrian is only related with the Urartian languages (together forming the so-called "Hurro-Urartian languages"), and there's no clear relationship with any of the three modern Caucasian language families (Kartvelian, Northeast Caucasian, Northwest Caucasian).

No offense, but you're totally overinterpreting things.
Lol, you sound like a Turk, an Armenian or Asyrians that denies that Kurds are the native inhabitants of Kurdistan. (I'm sure you're not one of them)

Kurdish IS related to the Hurrian languages. Sure, Kurdish is classified as Northwest Iranian language. But as far as I know Kurdish has Hurrian roots. This explains the ergative construction in Kurdish.

http://www.kurdishacademy.org/sites/default/files/ergativity_construction_in_Kurdish_1979_bynon.pdf

Proto-Kurds like Mushku, Lulubbis, Manneas were all native to Kurdistan and spoke a proto-Kurdish language. Those folks build some of the oldest cities in Kurdistan (and the world).

Genetically Kurds who are West Asian are native to Kurdistan, linguistically there're many connection with the ancient folks of West Asia. Genetically Kurds are also very close to the folks in the Caucasus. If Kurds are not native to Kurdistan than nobody is, lol.

"Today, the city of Mush in northern Kurdistan is named after Mushku; Mount Ararat is the inheritance of Urartu; the Kurdish tribal association of Zubari is named after Subaru. The extraordinary legacy of the Hurrians to the contemporary Kurdish culture is manifested in mythology, religion, martial art and genetics. Religious symbols are ever present in the Kurdish art, while nearly 65 percent of Kurdish names are of Hurrian descent."

http://www.kdp-lebanon.org/kurds.htm

Lol, you sound like a Turk, an Armenian or Asyrians that denies that Kurds are the native inhabitants of Kurdistan. (I'm sure you're not one of them)

Kurdish IS related to the Hurrian languages. Sure, Kurdish is classified as Northwest Iranian language. But as far as I know Kurdish has Hurrian roots. This explains the ergative construction in Kurdish.

http://www.kurdishacademy.org/sites/default/files/ergativity_construction_in_Kurdish_1979_bynon.pdf

The article mentions no Hurrian loanwords whatsoever. Grammatical structure is not automatically an evidence for a substrate. Ergativity may be a later, independent development in Kurdish.

Proto-Kurds like Lulubbis, Manneas were all native to Kurdistan and spoke a proto-Kurdish language. Those folks build some of the oldest cities in Kurdistan (and the world).

Genetically Kurds who are West Asian are native to Kurdistan, linguistically there're many connection with the ancient folks of West Asia. If Kurds are not native to Kurdistan than nobody is, lol.

There is no reason to assume that the Lullubi mentioned by the Sumerians were Kurds. In fact there is every reason to assume that they were not. Specifically, the "Mitanni" Indo-European loanwords into Hurrian represent a language that was very close to Proto-Indo-Iranic (that is, the differentiation into Iranic and Indic languages had not occured yet). This means that Kurdish as a distinct language must be younger. If the Kurds are indeed "native", then they did only adopt an Indo-European language at a later point.

Are you serious? It depends from which point of view you look at the whole situation.

According to me the proto-Indo-European language is from Kurdistan. That's explains why there're so much Semitic words in it (in PIE).

Saturday, Samstag in German has Semitic roots / are of Semitic origin! The Jews call it Shabbat! In Akkadian it is Shabattu!

According to me Hurrian and PIE language were from the same source and region! Modern Kurdish language IS native to Kurdistan.

Folks on the Indian subcontinent who speak IE languages are actually so called 'ancient Latino's' who got their language from the invaders from West Asia!

Are you serious? It depends from which point of view you look at the whole situation.

According to me the proto-Indo-European language is from Kurdistan. That's explains why there're so much Semitic words in it.

Sorry, that is impossible. If you look into the general area in ancient times. You have Sumerian (a language isolate) and Hurro-Urartian (in itself an unrelated language family), and you have Akkadian (a Semitic language). If PIE was from the same general area and spread from there, there should be loanwords found in all branches of IE. This clearly isn't the case.

The most widely accepted hypothesis about the origin of the Indo-European languages is the Kurgan Hypothesis, which suggests Indo-European originated from the Pontic-Caspian steppe region.

Saturday, Samstag in German has Semitic roots / are of Semitic origin!

I'm sorry to say it, but you have a very naive view on the relationship of languages. The German word "Samstag", and it is derived from the Hebrew word "sabbath" (שבת). Guess what language the Old Testament is originally written in? Hebrew! :shocked:

According to me Hurrian and PIE language were form the same source and region! Modern Kurdish language IS native to Kurdistan.

I'm under the impression you only want to believe that, because there is no evidence for this. I've said before that Kurdish has a common ancestry with other Indo-Iranic languages. If the Indo-European languages were native to the area, we should find Hurrian loanwords for example in Celtic, Germanic or Slavic. This clearly is not the case, and that should tell you something.

"Frayne (1990) identified their city Lulubuna or Luluban with the modern Kurdish town, Halabja."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lullubi

That's about the same as saying Gadir is the modern town of Cadiz. This proves the modern Spanish are Phoenicians!

Sorry, that is impossible. If you look into the general area in ancient times. You have Sumerian (a language isolate) and Hurro-Urartian (in itself an unrelated language family), and you have Akkadian (a Semitic language). If PIE was from the same general area and spread from there, there should be loanwords found in all branches of IE. This clearly isn't the case.

I'm sorry to say it, but you have a very naive view on the relationship of languages. The German word "Samstag", and it is derived from the Hebrew word "sabbath" (שבת). Guess what language the Old Testament is originally written in? Hebrew! :shocked:

I'm under the impression you only want to believe that, because there is no evidence for this. I've said before that Kurdish has a common ancestry with other Indo-Iranic languages. If the Indo-European languages were native to the area, we should find Hurrian loanwords for example in Celtic, Germanic or Slavic. This clearly is not the case, and that should tell you something.

That's about the same as saying Gadir is the modern town of Cadiz. This proves the modern Spanish are Phoenicians!
So you basically say that before the Christianity there were no names for days in the weeks in Europe?

A common ancestor of Indo-European
and Hurrian
from dienekes' site

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/02/common-ancestor-of-indo-european-and.html

The Indo-European Elements in Hurrian

http://www.nostratic.ru/books/(432)bomhard-hurrian.pdf

etc.

A common ancestor of Indo-European and Hurrian from dienekes' site

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/02/common-ancestor-of-indo-european-and.html

The Indo-European Elements in Hurrian

http://www.nostratic.ru/books/(432)bomhard-hurrian.pdf

etc.

You really have not been reading my earlier posts. I said that there are Indo-European loanwords into Hurrian, which are derived from what appears to be a language close to Proto-Indo-Iranic, not PIE.

Hurrian and Indo-European are fundamentally different from their grammatical structures.

You really have not been reading my earlier posts. I said that there are Indo-European loanwords into Hurrian, which are derived from what appears to be a language close to Proto-Indo-Iranic, not PIE.
So? Is proto-Indo Iranic not Indo-European anymore?

Maybe the so called proto-Indo-Iranic loanwords in the Hurrian languages are not far from the very first Proto-Indo-European language? And that they're not loanwords at all, but native in both groups!

Btw, if R1b is from Anatolia / West Asia wouldn't they be influenced even a little bit by the Hurrians and their language? Or did they totally changed their language in the Pontic-Caspian Steppe???? How can you totally forget your language with genocide, this doesn't make any sense!

So? Is proto-Indo Iranic not Indo-European anymore?

Maybe the so called proto-Indo-Iranic loanwords in the Hurrian languages are not far from the very first Proto-Indo-European language? And that they're not loanwords at all, but native in both groups!

No offense, but you have no understanding of how linguistics works, because otherwise you would not make such statements. The Indo-Iranic languages differentiated are in so far from PIE as that they are Satem languages. Just like Albanian, Armenian and Balto-Slavic. In addition, the Indo-Iranic languages have unique sound laws found there not found in the other languages. The loanwords in Hurrian clearly do NOT reflect the PIE state. To give an example:

Hurrian "aššuššanne" ("horse trainer") vs. Sanskrit "asvah" (horse)

If you compare this with Old Irish "ech", Latin "equus" and Greek "hippo" (which all derive from PIE *ewos) it's clear that the Hurrian loanword is not from common PIE but from an Indo-Iranic language.

No offense, but you have no understanding of how linguistics works, because otherwise you would not make such statements. The Indo-Iranic languages differentiated are in so far from PIE as that they are Satem languages. Just like Albanian, Armenian and Balto-Slavic. In addition, the Indo-Iranic languages have unique sound laws found there not found in the other languages. The loanwords in Hurrian clearly do NOT reflect the PIE state. To give an example:

Hurrian "aššuššanne" ("horse trainer") vs. Sanskrit "asvah" (horse)

If you compare this with Old Irish "ech", Latin "equus" and Greek "hippo" (which all derive from PIE *ewos) it's clear that the Hurrian loanword is not from common PIE but from an Indo-Iranic language.
Very interesting post, thanks! But it's wrong.

As far as I know the language of the Hittites was not Indo-Iranic and they called the horse 'asuva' too.

According to me 'asuva' was more a West Asian name for the horse than 'Indo-Iranian'.

As far as I know the language of the Hittites was not Indo-Iranic and they called the horse 'asuva' too.

As far I know that's Luwian, not Hittite. But, I admit that the situation in Anatolian is unclear because it has been speculated that the word may be a loanword into Anatolian from Indo-Iranic. But that doesn't really matter in this discussion because the Hurrian word is clearly not from PIE, and cognates of the word are found in most branches of IE.

Ok we don't agree with each other about the 'urheimat' of PIE, but we're far of topic now.

The answer to your initial question why I'm interested in R1b so much is because I do consider myself, as a Kurd (Irano-Hurrian), native to my homeland Kurdistan. I'm not from the Pontic-Caspian steppe nor from the Central Asia nor from Europe.

According to you and Maciamo R1b is from the same region as Kurdistan. There's a lot R1b among Kurdish neighbours the Assyrians and Armenians, more than in (South)east Europe or even in Austrians for instance.

If R1b is from West Asia that would mean that the Hurrians influenced R1b folks who later migrated into Europe! If R1b is from Europe this would mean that R1b folks brought some European influences with them to the homeland of ancient the Hurrians (who according to me make part of the Kurdish race)!

That's why I'm saying that changes in R1b folks history could affect the history of the region where I'm from, thus my own history. For me it's very important because we're also involving here the region where I'm from. So this is the answer to your question why I want to know the truth!

Btw, I do consider Hurrians and proto-(Indo-)Iranics as the same people and from Kurdistan! But on this point we don't agree with each other!

According to me the proto-Indo-European language is from Kurdistan. That's explains why there're so much Semitic words in it (in PIE).

Saturday, Samstag in German has Semitic roots / are of Semitic origin! The Jews call it Shabbat! In Akkadian it is Shabattu!

According to me Hurrian and PIE language were from the same source and region! Modern Kurdish language IS native to Kurdistan.

Folks on the Indian subcontinent who speak IE languages are actually so called 'ancient Latino's' who got their language from the invaders from West Asia!

Saturday from Saturn

"Frayne (1990) identified their city Lulubuna or Luluban with the modern Kurdish town, Halabja."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lullubi

consider the Greco -Aryan, The Aryan that Moved to Greece, The Greeks,

Lelekes /k/ maybe a w that in other IE might be /v/ so it might be to another IE as Lelev-es

The problem of IE in minor asia is
1)was Hetit a clear IE or they learn it from elsewhere?
2)were and where IE before Hettit in minor Asia and middle East?
3) R1a was native to minor Asia or was a later entrance (Indo-Iranian, Scythian etc)

The J2 for me is a clear explanation of IE south corridor, Celts-Greek - Aryan- Avestan-Armenian-Iranian-Indo etc
but does not help us in North of Caucasus areas, german-Slavic

Hettit language was no satem no Centum, means much older in sounds than Indo-Iranian,
Hettit language was primitive and poor that had no genders, in fact that creates a problem
Did Hettits bring North IE to minor Asia where took older forms? (tenses cases genders)?
or Hettits learn IE in minor Asia, S/W Caucas, Pontic-Laz Area(Colchis)?

consider that N East Europe toponymes end like Hettit toponymes,
-wa(ta) Warsowa Moscowa etc

Kurds Do not Belong to Indo-Iranian Linguistic no matter you like it you want or ask it,
Kurds and Greeks are from same ancient recipe the Aryan you want or not,

the differences is that Greeks drop under Roman -Celtic-Thracian influence and Christianity,
while Kurds drop to Turkish Arabic Semitic Indo-Iranian Islam influence,
consider that the word Kuretes, Surds-Surdi, has meaning in Greeks, and exists much before Homer,

Just leave outside the politics and check the Unique forms of Past tences cases etc the Greek grammar of ancient Greek and Aryan, then you realize that all you say are modern but not well based, while the Grammar speaks of it shelf.
the Indo is much after, consider that in Areas where Alexander passed the Linguistic Remnants Speak of Indo-Aryan Greco-Aryan, nowhere Indo-Iranian, no where Greco-Iranian why?
shearch little more, then you will realise the Mittani language,
[Mitani = Mo+tu+wa Mi-Tuva (LieTuva, Lat(u)via land of Mo people (Homo) Mycenae= Mo+ko+no Mo+ssa+no city of Mo people, also Myssi-wa Myssia, Moessia, Moschoi, etc, Mo people leave to go west]

If that is true, Then surely R1b L40 was minor Asian that moved west to Europe, as IE language carrier (although I believe and many other R1b are from Caucas and minor Asia that brought IE to Europe, But I can not certify if were origianl IE speakers or learn IE from minor Asia)

the same problem is also with R1a M-17 M198 which although explain very well IE as Slavic and Germanic and Hellenic and etc, does not Help with Caucas Balkars who are Turkic,
so if R1b problem is Basquez, the R1a problem is Turkic and the J2 problem is that leaves outside all North IE speakers (Slavs-Germans etc)

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 23232 times.

Back