Napoleon I belonged to haplogroup E1b1b1c1* (E-M34)

Thanks so much for the insight. Stepped away for a year and am trying to get caught up on any new developments.

I know Farroukh well. It's been awhile since I talked with him. Thanks for redirecting me back to him. Its been awhile.

The habit of naming someone for the people he or she fought goes back to the Roman Era, i.e. Scipio Africanus.

As a result of the name and the fact that a bust of him was carved from dark stone it was proffered that ancient Romans had a lot of African in them. You really can't make up some of this stuff.

scipio-africanus-bust.jpg

Hello,
I am the Albanian, (E-Y49685), the "relative" of Del Turco. I think than my ancestors moved to that part of the Balkans, where Albania is today, around 1000 years ago. My hypothesis is that they were sent there by Byzantium to spread the Christianity among Bulgarians, Albanians, Vlachs that populated
the area at that time. Also, I believe that my ancestors were fully Hellenized/Christianized when moved there. The village of my ancestors is located very close to Greece and Northern Macedonia. I have another "relative", (Based on FamilytreeDNA / Big Y, I and him, belong to the haplogroup E-BY55818), that states that he is an ethnic Macedonian, but he is born in Northern Greece, not far from the village from where my roots are.
Also, the 23andMe shows that I have plenty "relatives" in Peloponnese, Greece.
I have very limited knowledge about the DNA science ... I hope this helps a bit.

Hello,
I am the Albanian, (E-Y49685), the "relative" of Del Turco. I think than my ancestors moved to that part of the Balkans, where Albania is today, around 1000 years ago. My hypothesis is that they were sent there by Byzantium to spread the Christianity among Bulgarians, Albanians, Vlachs that populated
the area at that time. Also, I believe that my ancestors were fully Hellenized/Christianized when moved there. The village of my ancestors is located very close to Greece and Northern Macedonia. I have another "relative", (Based on FamilytreeDNA / Big Y, I and him, belong to the haplogroup E-BY55818), that states that he is an ethnic Macedonian, but he is born in Northern Greece, not far from the village from where my roots are.
I have very limited knowledge about the DNA science ... I hope this helps a bit.

Full albanians that have no ancestry from peloponnese also get matches in peloponesse because of big medieval Arvanite migration specifically to that site. Some historians put Arvanite percentage as far as 50% even.

I only say this so that you don't make immediately the assumption of origin from there.

Do you have an Albanian surname? I would hesitate from constructing such narratives until further down the line.

Albanians were already christians a 1000 years ago lol.

Hello,

that helps thanks for all this information (y)
could be an armenian byzantine connection :unsure:
armenians were crucial in byzantine army
and some of the byzantine emperors had armenian ancestery :)

http://www.attalus.org/armenian/char1.htm

http://byzantinemilitary.blogspot.com/2015/07/armenian-legions-in-roman-and-byzantine.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Byzantine_emperors_of_Armenian_origin

Last edited:
Hello,

Hi Diogenis,
I am the Italian (E-Y49685), the relative of Diogenis. From what I can tell, my ancestors originated in the Armenian/Turkey area and then migrated to Italy then to USA in 1905. My earliest descendant that I can locate is from Mosciano Sant Angelo Italy in 1725. It is exciting having someone on the tree that I match with. If you find anything out about our heritage please let me know. Thanks

Hi Diogenis,
I am the Italian (E-Y49685), the relative of Diogenis. From what I can tell, my ancestors originated in the Armenian/Turkey area and then migrated to Italy then to USA in 1905. My earliest descendant that I can locate is from Mosciano Sant Angelo Italy in 1725. It is exciting having someone on the tree that I match with. If you find anything out about our heritage please let me know. Thanks

How do you know that your ancestors originated in the Armenian/Turkey area? It cannot be based on the surname, because as I have already explained, there are more possible explanations, and in Italy also the Balkan people at some point were called Turks.

that helps thanks for all this information

It is possible, but since the user originally from Abruzzo carries as surname Del Turco, and surnames were formed long after the Roman era, if it comes to migration is most likely a much more recent migration due to the expansion of the Ottoman Turks in the Balkans, then how E-Y49685 arrived in the Balkans is another story.

Hello Pax Augusta,
I am the Albanian, E-Y49685, the ancient "relative" of Del Turco.

I believe that Armenia, or Levante, are the most possible areas where the E-L791 //// E-Y49685 (E-BY55818) was "created". All the DNA tests that I have taken point towards that direction ... The Yfull results show strong evidence, too.
Any other suggestions you may have is highly appreciated.

Best regards.​

Hi Diogenis,

check this paper from roman age serbia :
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.458211v1

there are 2 e-m123 samples
1 of them is for sure e-L791 :cool-v:

I15526 Viminacium, Vise Grobalja Necropolis M H13a2b2 E-Z830,E-PF1962,E-M123,E-M34,E-Z841,E-Z849,E-CTS1727,E-L791 NE cluster :)

https://i.imgur.com/Wv26LrD.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
agree
but i think i would still give it a try when i would have the chance
at least from my respect to director ridley scott ( which i like as director)
and joaquin phoenix who is also very good actor

Oh, I'll watch it too, but I hope Spielberg goes ahead with his proposed miniseries. Going by Band of Brothers, historical accuracy is very important to him. Plus, you can't possibly do justify to a life like Napoleon's in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

agree
but i think i would still give it a try when i would have the chance
at least from my respect to director ridley scott ( which i like as director)
and joaquin phoenix who is also very good actor

is it in the style of a black Napoleon film, like the black Cleopatra film ?..................which was the worst thing I ever seen

This thread has been viewed 75401 times.

Back