K12b North-African admixture in Europe (Dienekes K12b, 2012)

But still most specifically from southern and eastern Europe in order to limit Catholic and Jewish immigration. As for the white Australia policy, it limited basically any non British-Irish immigration.
Although in Australia you weren't deported if you weren't Anglo-Celtic but you
1. Came to Australia before Federation in 1901
2. Was born in Australia

But really, early on the White Australia policy was mainly targeted atk Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese etc, and truth be told the Canadians and Americans also had such laws.

The 1924 act also hit Belgians, Dutch, French, Icelanders and Swiss for example, who did not migrate in large numbers before 1890. Also they let in countless of Catholic Germans and Irish, so you are wrong.

DuPidh only italians and balkans can look un europeans?ah sorry now i have seen you are a mexican so your Spanish masters look like anglos.

The 1924 act also hit Belgians, Dutch, French, Icelanders and Swiss for example, who did not migrate in large numbers before 1890. Also they let in countless of Catholic Germans and Irish, so you are wrong.
They didn't exclude these people, they limited the amount of people from these populations to a limit per year, which didn't hit the British isles as hard, however, they still had a chance to come in unlike Africans and Asians who were completely excluded.

P.S Many Americans of Dutch/Frisian descent came to America during the 1600 and 1700's since the Dutch had colonies there, also many of the first Amish were from the German speaking region of Switzerland and we know they came during the 17th century. Same goes for French people from Louisiana and Acadia who were in America before the US even existed. They let Germans and Irish people in, true, but that still didn't stop the American authorities from preferring the so called "WASP" migrants and from discriminating against German and Irish Catholics. The reason for the discrimination of the Americans against Irish immigrants goes to the roots of enmity between the English and the Irish which intensified with the Protestant reformation.

I can post another gallery over than that for sicilians but for mainland South Italy and also them look very distinct from the levantines.

50% of Syrians fit in Sicily. LoooL

If you include North Africans in Sicily, then yes.

"If they are dresses with Gucci and Cristiano Ronaldo's hairstyle" lel

Like we look like Jersey shore really

That's called stereotyping and stigmas, like the idea that all Scandinavians are blonde blue eyed giants or that all Irish people are ginger and green eyed with freckles etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States#German_Americans

"Large numbers of Germans migrated to North America between the 1680s and 1760s. Many settled in the English colony of Pennsylvania. In the 18th century, many persons of English descent harbored resentment towards the increasing number of German settlers. Benjamin Franklin in "Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries, etc.", complained about the increasing influx of German Americans, stating that they had a negative influence on the early United States. The only exception were Germans of Saxon descent "who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased".
Unlike most European immigrant groups, whose acceptance as white came gradually over the course of the late 19th century (that is, in U.S. colloquial definitions, since all Europeans were white by legal U.S. definition), German immigrants quickly became accepted as white.[11]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States#Irish_Americans

"In the 18th century Irish immigrants had the same rights and privileges as all other European settlers. Irish Americans were not always considered white.[12] In fact, up until the dawn of the 20th Century, some Americans did not consider the Irish to be white, and even after most did accept them as such, significant amounts of prejudice still continued for a few decades afterwards in many places."

http://www.dialoginternational.com/dialog_international/2008/02/ben-franklin-on.html

Benjamin Franklin's views on Germans (and on several other European ethnic groups):
"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other colonies, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our language, and even our Government will become precarious."
"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

24. Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind."

It's clear that throughout early US history, Germans (and the Irish, and even Swedes) were essentially regarded as swarthy, stupid, non-white people who represented a threat to the United States' "pure English" race, culture, language, values, institutions etc. Considering that even enlightened Americans of the time (Franklin) had this perception, we can guess that the common people held similar views, or were perhaps even more prejudiced.

To be fair the blacked out parts don't say the Germans were never considered "white". It says there were prejudices and the people consider Saxon Germans as principal body of the "white people". That doesn't imply that the other Germans were considered "non white" but that Saxon Germans in combination to British were considered the "Elite of whites". And contrary to other Europeans as it says Germans were quickly accepted as "Whites". Quickly means for me, probably already in the 16th to 17th century. This is what I understand from the text.

The second bold sentence says that Irish were not always considered "white" that might be true but it doesn't point when and for how long. It was probably at the very beginning since as I said "White" is more of an Anglo_Saxon ethnocultural thing than anything else. In the next bold sentence it says up until the 20th century some Americans considered Irish still not as "white". Some implies that it was a rather small minority and the large majority was well aware that they were "White.

But all these early "white" vs "non white" classifications were really based on political issues. Irish and English people were known as enemies. So were Germans and English. A clear definition of this term "white" established itself when US declared Independence. And around that time a clear, well let's say "racial" character of this classification came on light. And from now on all People from the Celto_Germanic genetic room in Europe were considered "white". It would have been absurd for the US to consider Germans/French who were in their racial look very similar to Biritsh as "non whites".

Just shows how useless and unscientific this term "white" is.

There are only two ways to describe the Caucasian world. 1. geographically European, West Asian, North African and South_Central Asian 2. Physically Northwest/Central European, East European, South European, Northern West Asian, Southern West Asian, South_Central Asian, and North African.

Last edited:
Brits are actually swarthier than Germans and Swedes. LOL

The problem with Americans is that they think they are the center of the world, just because their ancestors were social outcasts who were expelled from England. Americans are actually descended from the lowest class of the United Kingdom.

Hahahaha. Reading this thread made my day.

Vittorio mi fai il piacere di postare l'intera squadra di calcio siriana dal thread sui levantini, che sto col mobile? Tra un po il MENA di turno mi parte che Bashar Al Assad è scuro per il Levante. Hahahaha.

The problem with Americans is that they think they are the center of the world, just because their ancestors were social outcasts who were expelled from England. Americans are actually descended from the lowest class of the United Kingdom.

The problem with you is that you seem ignorant of the fact that most Americans are not of English descent, "low class" or otherwise.

Pot or kettle, anyone?
As if the Southern Italian migrants to the USA were any sort of elite.:LOL:

To others

WASP = western anglo saxon protestants

I don't know why you isolated these
White Anglo Saxon Protestant, they were the ruling class in America even today (the Bushes, the Clintons, the Waltons etc), and they traditionally despised populations such as Irish Catholics who posed a threat to their position as ruling class.

Ma che scrivete, razzisti?

This thread is about North Africans, not Levantines.

Ma che scrivete, razzisti?

This thread is about North Africans, not Levantines.

I dont understand why we are arguing about Arabs in Iberia or whether Italians are white. The Arabs contributed 0% in the Iberian DNA. We should go back to Berber DNA.

This thread has been viewed 116045 times.

Back