East Europe, what is it?

Former communist countries?
Most reasons for putting so many different countries with different history, culture, language... under the one term are complitley wrong.

Those are territories aimed for cultural annihilation. Approximately everything East from these borders. East Germany has fell long ago. Poland, Baltic countries and Bulgaria have no strength to fight it. It goes way back before communism. Ask Vatican...

CharlemagneTsm.jpg

Eastern Europe is the eastern part of the European continent. I never have been there before, But now i want to explore it so guys, share some more detail about it and captured some photos so share with me, It will be prove helpful and useful for all like me.

Here is a photo

If there is a symbolic animal of East Europe, I guess it would be European Bison
0709.bison-bialowieza-forest-photo-by-lukasz-mazurek-wildpoland-com-07.jpg

Here is a photo

If there is a symbolic animal of East Europe, I guess it would be European Bison
0709.bison-bialowieza-forest-photo-by-lukasz-mazurek-wildpoland-com-07.jpg

Exactly. Also other great animals, such as for example Turs (English: Aurochs) - wild ancestors of domesticated cattle - used to live here until historical times. Hitler wanted to make German Lebensraum in Eastern Europe, among other reasons, due to this.

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpncXjtDR3M

Average auroch model in 1:1 scale (aurochs were much bigger than domesticated cattle):

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/554646510334506982/

aurochs.jpg

Today only very rare giant bulls can match aurochs in size - like this Britain's biggest bull:

http://icepice.blogspot.com/2009/12/britains-biggest-bull-mammoth-of-bulls.html?m=1

largest-bull-04.jpg

The German Nazis hated most of humans, but they loved [to hunt] wild animals! :)

Eastern Europe will always be Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, and Russia (Finland and Baltic states should also be counted as Eastern Europe but they were "westernized"):unsure:

WHat is "Eastern Europe" for you?
Slovenia or Czech R. are west as Austria or Sweden are.
Finland is farther east or east as Croatia, Poland, SLovakia, Bosnia, Serbia & MN, Albania....

Greece is even more to the east, same as Lithuania, Letonia, Estonia,Romania, Belarus......

West Europe is splited on NOrthern Europe, Southern Europe.....but fro so many people East Europe is all that is not UK, France, Italy, Germany, SPain.....
From Georgia to SLovenia........From Estonia to Serbia.......

Former communist countries?
Most reasons for putting so many different countries with different history, culture, language... under the one term are complitley wrong.

In America they divide Europeans in Three categories that are mostly racial divisions than geographic. Western Europeans they mean Anglo-Sacksons , Eastern europeans they call the Slavic phenotype s , and southern Europeans phenotype. Its a lot more precise division of Europeans.

I agree, outdated terminology form USSR, DDR, and Warsaw pact days.

I think that if you draw a line halfway between the western edge of Europe and the eastern edge of Europe, you'll find that whatever is to the right of that line within Europe is Eastern Europe. Just a suggestion.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Europe

^^ thanks, I do have a great sense of humor :)

Culturally, Eastern Europe refers to the Slavic Orthodox countries that use Cyrillic script (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, etc.).

Politically it's any country east of the Iron Curtain (including Poland, Czech Republic, and Slovenia).

Depends what you mean by "Eastern":

Politically/economically: Any country formerly east of the Iron Curtain.

Culturally/historically: Any country that is Orthodox Christian and uses a non-Latin script. In this case, I would place all Catholic Slavs plus Hungarians as Central Europeans. Exception is Romania, which is Orthodox but is Romanized due to language family. Albania and Bosnia are Muslim putting them closer to the Orient.

Central Europe for the most part just means semi-Western countries that haven't economically caught up with their Western peers. Prague as a city for example feels very Western to me, just slightly poorer (though nothing like its neighbors to the east). They are in the transition zone. The real Eastern cities are in countries like Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Macedonia, Bulgaria, etc. who all have Oriental cultures. Greece I would also consider Oriental despite being part of the Western bloc due to culture. They also inspired the Cyrillic script after all.

Russia is its own beast and can't be really compared to anywhere in Europe IMO.

Central Europe as a region does exist culturally, but not politically. People are too caught up with the Iron Curtain division and fail to connect the previous hundreds of years of history that tied these regions together. Look at the Ottoman conquests. Central Europe was very Western at that time.

"Eastern Europe" is a term that refers to a geopolitical region covering the eastern part of the European continent.
The term was well defined during the Cold War, being used as a synonym for the Eastern Bloc or the Second World, and is still used today.
Eastern Europe is a name used after the Second World War for the communist countries in Europe that fell into the sphere of influence of the USSR. That is why Finland, Greece and Turkey have never been considered part of Eastern Europe, although they are purely geographical in the east. of Europe.

This thread has been viewed 30335 times.

Back