R1b-L21 (S145) in Slovenia and Sicily?

Based on what? I have no opinion here. But we don't know today what was the genetic composition of every Gaulish tribe in those times.

Recent Genetic analysis of Gallic samples seem to suggest higher proportions of L21 and especially DF27 among Gauls than previously thought. Also maybe haplogroup G.

This recent thread on Anthrogenica was illuminating somewhat
https://anthrogenica.com/showthread...groups-in-present-day-France-revealed-through

This seems to suggest that R1b-U152 predominance is restricted mainly to Alpine and Belgic Celts. In the North, as one moves further West away from the Belgae, one could plausibly imagine an increased proportion of L21. Likewise towards the center and South, moving West further away from the Rhine and Alps, one could expect to find higher proportions of DF27 among the ancient Gauls.

Last edited:
I see no very deep downstream subclades of Y-R1b-post L51 in ancient Gauls studied todate so we areobliged to do guesses.But it would be sensible that L21, oldest than DF27 and U152/L28, would have colonized West before the others. Even in Northern Iberia L21 is not so weak. But the nearest ancestors of L21 bearers, even if not already strictly L21, were surely come from eastern France. Now, Celtic tribes seem haveing travelled so easily and so far...

Concerning R1b-U152 I'm even wondering if it was so Celtic... It could have been the most frequent among Belgae and some of the Belgae seem having spoken a cousin dialect of Italo-Celtic origin, but closer to well formed Italic dialects than to Celtic ones. Belgae are supposed by some old scholars to be of E-Bavaria/Bohemia geographical origin. I don't know if this is very reliable but I have no recent clues? So more eastern La Tène descendants? Could it be possible that Celtic first arose rather among L21 bearers or L21 bearers ancestors? One of the languages identified (based on few and little it's true) in Rhaetia seems also of the same nature (Italo-Celtic towards Italic). I' don't speak of the Etruscanlike dialect here. A new thesis (not at hand, just other fora rumors)"says" Celtic was born in Central-Eastern France, not on the Atlantic shores, not in Southern Germany/Bohemia; La Tène archeological culture wouldn't be a critarium for language. According to it, Celtic dialects gained ground later eastwards and westards. Wait and see, so numerous new thesis arise these times.

Concerning R1b-U152 I'm even wondering if it was so Celtic... It could have been the most frequent among Belgae and some of the Belgae seem having spoken a cousin dialect of Italo-Celtic origin, but closer to well formed Italic dialects than to Celtic ones. Belgae are supposed by some old scholars to be of E-Bavaria/Bohemia geographical origin. I don't know if this is very reliable but I have no recent clues? So more eastern La Tène descendants? Could it be possible that Celtic first arose rather among L21 bearers or L21 bearers ancestors? One of the languages identified (based on few and little it's true) in Rhaetia seems also of the same nature (Italo-Celtic towards Italic). I' don't speak of the Etruscanlike dialect here. A new thesis (not at hand, just other fora rumors)"says" Celtic was born in Central-Eastern France, not on the Atlantic shores, not in Southern Germany/Bohemia; La Tène archeological culture wouldn't be a critarium for language. According to it, Celtic dialects gained ground later eastwards and westards. Wait and see, so numerous new thesis arise these times.

Central- eastern france ...I presume you mean around Alsace .....................I have also heard and read this

Central- eastern france ...I presume you mean around Alsace .....................I have also heard and read this

Not precise in these termes. I 've to search for more detailed and backed survey.

This thread has been viewed 19033 times.

Back