Is there any difference between Kosovo Albanians and Albanians from Albania?

Gods another who believes stupid propaganda, and never search good,

ARBERESH NEVER STEP IN ALBANIA,

THEY WERE IN South ITALY, THEY FOLLOWED MANIAKIS ARMY GENERAL, THEY MOVED SOUTH AND THEN WENT TO SICILY.

IN THEIR TRADITIONALS SONGS NO MENTION ABOUT ALBANIA. WHY? SEARCH GOOD.

Arberesh and Mianiakis are connected, search why. and leave stupidity that Albanians officers tell you.

"Arberesh never step in Albanian"? what in the world are you talking about. Leave the stupidity that Greeks officers tell you or the Golden Dawn.

Autosomally speaking? Their Y-DNA have some clear differences with the presence of Slavic Haplogroups (I2a2 and R1a) in Albanians from Albania although i 've seen a map where Kosovars cluster more Northern and Eastern at the same time.
How it's this?
I made a thread of Albanian Autosomal Dna, you can look at it. I have 80% south european Tuscan, and 20% Europe(Various subcontienents).

Have you ever heard of Arvanites. They were Christian in south Albania that spoke Albanian, but the same as the Arbëresh fleed from the turks and settled in what is now Greek territory, as to that time there wweren't boundaries. The hellenisation of this people was very fast mostly because of the religion.
And of course we share a lot of things together, but I can't stand when nationalists like Yetos make so much propaganda.

Of course I've heard of the Arvanites and I don't deny that parts of Southern Greece (mainly Attica and the Peloponnese) were settled by Albanians (I know "Byzantine" Emperors who wrote about the Albanian migrations).

What I did say was that the example you gave (Albanians migrating to Greece in the 90s) hardly shows that there any commonalities. As I said, I think most Balkan peoples share some things in common mainly due to the fact that all the Orthodox Christians in the Ottoman Empire belonged to a single "millet" whose head was the Patriach of Constantinople. As a result, generally speaking, all the different Balkan post-Ottoman cultures have things in common.

I made a thread of Albanian Autosomal Dna, you can look at it. I have 80% south european Tuscan, and 20% Europe(Various subcontienents).
I see in your profile the flag of Kosovo, are you aware how other countymen of yours score into the autosomal aspect?

Of course I've heard of the Arvanites and I don't deny that parts of Southern Greece (mainly Attica and the Peloponnese) were settled by Albanians (I know "Byzantine" Emperors who wrote about the Albanian migrations).

What I did say was that the example you gave (Albanians migrating to Greece in the 90s) hardly shows that there any commonalities. As I said, I think most Balkan peoples share some things in common mainly due to the fact that all the Orthodox Christians in the Ottoman Empire belonged to a single "millet" whose head was the Patriach of Constantinople. As a result, generally speaking, all the different Balkan post-Ottoman cultures have things in common.

I just wanted to say we have in common (genetically speaking) with Greeks of Albanian heritage.

"Arberesh never step in Albanian"? what in the world are you talking about. Leave the stupidity that Greeks officers tell you or the Golden Dawn.

Correct Luan,
Arberesh even in Genetics are Italians, their only connection with Albania is their language which is consider mainly or partialy ALlbanian, in the history of Arberesh they never settled in Albania,

they were in South Italy in 1000 AD, they revolt against Con/ple following Maniakis, they settle south Peloponese around Maniaki village, after thessaloniki battle, and from there migrated to Italy, after Barbarosa admiral ruin their villages and towers.

read their story, even genetically they share almost nothing with Balkans,

I just wanted to say we have in common (genetically speaking) with Greeks of Albanian heritage.

How sure you are that is not the oposite?

I see in your profile the flag of Kosovo, are you aware how other countymen of yours score into the autosomal aspect?
Yes there is another Albanian from kosova who came out very similar. His was 77 south European Tuscan and 23 other European. You can see the thread on here. Go to the autosomal section and look.

Correct Luan,
Arberesh even in Genetics are Italians, their only connection with Albania is their language which is consider mainly or partialy ALlbanian, in the history of Arberesh they never settled in Albania,

they were in South Italy in 1000 AD, they revolt against Con/ple following Maniakis, they settle south Peloponese around Maniaki village, after thessaloniki battle, and from there migrated to Italy, after Barbarosa admiral ruin their villages and towers.

read their story, even genetically they share almost nothing with Balkans,
The arberesh are the albanians that went to Italy escaping the ottoman. Joseph dioguardi is of arberesh decent who is the president of the Albanian American civic league he talk about his ancestors going to Italy escaping the ottoman all the time. I know many arberesh who talk about their albanian origin.

Of course the Arbereshe are Albanians

sounds very Albanian to me

I think its important to diff. between the Albanians of Maniakes in Catepanate of Italy and the Albanians (Arbereshe) of Skanderbeg in the Kingdom of Naples.

Definately 2 seperate waves, in 2 diff. times;
with the 1. Maniakes wave being absorbed into the Latin Normannic fiefdoms of south Italy; and 2. Skanderbeg wave being more independent and to this day strong Albanian identity

Reactions: FBS
Based on admixtures: northern Greeks, Albanians, Bulgarians, Romanians, Montenegrins, and Macedonians are close. Southern and Aegean Island Greeks are close but they have more neolithic middle-eastern influence so they tend to be a bit darker and show affinity with Sicilians, Anatolians and Ashkenazi Jews.

I think its important to diff. between the Albanians of Maniakes in Catepanate of Italy and the Albanians (Arbereshe) of Skanderbeg in the Kingdom of Naples.

Definately 2 seperate waves, in 2 diff. times;
with the 1. Maniakes wave being absorbed into the Latin Normannic fiefdoms of south Italy; and 2. Skanderbeg wave being more independent and to this day strong Albanian identity

Michael Attaleiates - 11th century Byzantine:
Unfortunately, the people who had once been our allies and who possessed the same rights as citizens and the same religion, i.e. the Albanians and the Latins, who live in the Italian regions of our Empire beyond Western Rome,....
The aforementioned George with the surname Maniakes, thirsting for blood, began an uprising in the Italian part of the Empire with Byzantine and Albanian soldiers there, being offended because the emperor had shown him a lack of respect and fearing the emperor in view of previous hostilities......
Once he had ensured that he had indeed assembled a large army and forces fit for action, composed of Byzantine Greeks, Bulgarians and Albanians and of his own soldiers, he set off and hastened to Thessalonika...

Russell King - The new Albanian migration (2005) [Sussex Academic Press]
The exodus swelled after the death of the Albanian national hero Skanderbeg, reaching a climax between 1480 and the early sixteenth century, but with subsequent departures continuing into the seventeenth century. Although some of this migration was oriented north and south along the eastern Adriatic seaboard, to Dalmatia and Greece respectively, the greater part of the refugees crossed the sea to Southern Italy, where they settled in several dozen small yet scattered communities in Calabria, Sicily and other regions, where they became known as Arberesh. By the eighteenth century the Arberesh were estimated to number 100,000. In the Italian censuses of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries their numbers had grown to around 200,000, a figure that has remained fairly stable ever since (Hall 1994: 50; Vickers 1999: 9).

Reactions: FBS
wrong.

read Greek revolt history,

especially Mesologgi Μεσολογκι massacre
I saw a greek documentary about greek revolution on you tube. Contemporary greek historians were explaining the revolution. The documentary was aired in SKY greek tv. The historian was saying that greek revolution was in fact an Albanian affair. Seven years after greeks had gained independence greeks rose in counterrevolution to join Ottomans again. The reason was the greeks are mearchants and in ottoman empire they were very prosperous. Half of greeks had converted to Islam so religion was not a problem. With revolution they lost a huge source of incomes from trade so they wanted to overturn the independence and join Turks. Then Bavarians intervined and the counterrevolution was thwarted. So basicaly Greek independence was work of Arvanites. I disagree with some Albanian forumers when they say Arbanites are albanians. Not any more. They have been residing in Greece since 11th centuary so many of them mixed with greeks. Its fair to say that Arbanites are half albanians. Could be that some of them are not mixed but its been a very long time.

THEY WERE IN South ITALY, THEY FOLLOWED MANIAKIS ARMY GENERAL, THEY MOVED SOUTH AND THEN WENT TO SICILY.

Arberesh and Mianiakis are connected, search why. and leave stupidity that Albanians officers tell you.
ahahaha omg, is very funny, you know?
You know where born name albania or who make????
Name albania is make by arbaresh and greek, the significated is use for "all" balkan, the significate is "alba"=tentum and "nia"=place. In italy don't know because this name is use for my ethnic people, but know before of 1600 is use for all balkan.
Arbaresh in italy make many church ortodox and chatolic in lenguage albanian ( is old).

Albanians seem closer to Greeks than to Albanians from Kosovo. I think that Albanians will be even more closer to Greeks if the Ghegs from Northern Albania and the Tosks south of the Drin riven (Greek historical cultural sphere) will be categorized seperately.

The tosks are probably descendants of Greeks or of tribes who did not call themselves Greeks, but did share common decent with them in pre-history. Probably both could apply.

It also makes sense based on what albanologist Dr. Kaplan Resuli had to say about Albanians: - When Albania is proclaimed and recognised as an independent nation (1912-1913) its population numbered 700,000 of which hardly 50% were Albanians, while the other half was made up of Vlachs (around 20%), “Slavs” (Macedonians, Serbs, Montenegrins, around 15%),Greeks (around5%) and others (Turks, Roms, Cherkesians, Italians, Jews and others, around 10%). With the passing of time, mostly by force, with denial of all national rights, including the right to speak in their own languages at home, or to carry their own national family names, they are to a certain extent assimilated. But, even besides the such forced albanisation, in Albania even today over 30% of the population speaks a non albanian language and retains its non albanian national identity, although they are registered as Albanians, as they are not permitted to declare differently. The non albanian origins of the population of Albania is also evident from their surnames Bello, Blushi, Bogdani, Buda, Budi, Dida, Dobraci, Dragovoja, Dragusha, Haveri(ch), Kapisuzi(ch), Mexi, Millani, Milloshi, Mojsiu, Muzaka, Najdeni, Peku, Prela, Ruka, Sillil, Shkura, Shundi, Ziu and many others.

So the first point to make is that the ancestors of the Albanians were very few in numbers only a century ago. Just 700.000 of which half of them were actually not Albanians. North of the Drin river there were 15% of South Slavs (more I1 and I2b) and South of the Drin river there were at least 25% Vlachs and Greeks. The Vlachs are probably very close to the Greeks and the rest of Southern Albanians genetically because they are Latinised indigenous Balkanian tribes who historically were either Greek or related to the Greeks.
LOL you should studie these names before you say this,,lol..many of these names are from gheg,,

jetos.I am friends with lorus castriota of foggie an i can tell you now vella arbreshe did set foot in albania,,I have seen things from him an other arbreshe people of my last name in the old way it used to be pronounced,,I have seen many old coat of arms also from albanians names of today still their,,,just saying,,im catholic albanian an i know much about arbreshe as they come to north albania in thethi,,shkodra,etc..they were hear not long ago..anyway,

Sounds very Albanian to you because it's Albanian. Albanian songs has generally a Turkish influence, while Italian-Arbereshe songs has no Turkish influence at all. Italian-Arbereshe songs are influenced by south Italian folklore, language, dance and music (like tarantella dance). An example of a ancient Italian-Arbereshe song from Frascineto, Calabria

This is another true Italian-Arbereshe song (very heavily influenced by Southern Italians dialects, many words are Calabrian and not Arbereshe)

Same here, a true Arbreshe song from Montegrassano, Calabria. Also here the Southern Italian dialects and music influence is very strong.

Italians-Greeks-Albanians have little genetic difference if you look at the big picture. The problem is and always has been their inability to get along. More so Greeks and Albanians, religion has much to do with that, too bad no one is smart enough to look past these differences. They did it during the ottoman times but cant do it now while they are free, kind of funny.

This thread has been viewed 158331 times.

Back