Kosovo Albanians Haplogroups?

Hi! I am new on this forum.
I did my test on iGENEA / FTDNA and the results got like this:
Deep clade is still running, most likely to be L-23. Sub-groups "attached" to western europe are tested negative, which left these remaining:

R1b1a2a* - L23
R1b1a2a1* - L150
R1b1a2a1a* - L51
R1b1a2a1a1* - P310

Y-DNA:
Haplogroup - R1b1a2
Ancient tribe: still to be determined
Region of origin: South-East Europe

mt-DNA:
Haplogroup - U
Ancient tribe: Slavs, Ancient peoples of Italy
Region of origin: Eastern Europe

I am ethnic Albanian from the Republic of Kosovo.

I am ethnic Albanian from the Republic of Kosovo.

In fact Albania is a kinda Urhemait for European R1b clades. R1b folks (Cardium Pottery or Cardial Ware) entered Europe via Albania and it's the place where the first European clade below R1b-L23 sprung up to life. Moving along seashores R1b folks soon reached South France then Portugal and Britannia. From history we know them as Ibero-Ligurians. Later they were captured and assimilated be IE folks.
ImpressedWare.jpg

I didn't know that. Thank you a lot for the information!
I am still waiting for full results from iGENEA. With your expertise, what do you think would be my ancient tribe? Even though I am R1b1a2.

that is the problem, you can not combine Pelasgians (sea people) with an epipaleolithic remnant in a mountain area, Pelasgians were intruders in Balkans, not paleolithic or neolithic habitants,

Pelasgians enter after IE and before troyan war,
in Ilias homers names them as Ethiopeans Αιθιωψ.
that means that until Troyan war they were in kind of seperation with IE,

there is no Neolithic evidence of E HG people except Spain in the rest of Europe,
but there is the Cyprus and the Konya that fits with all written histories and Myths, and all genetical scientific conclusions.
better find who were the Pelasgians, from where they came and where they went, and left behind them,

J2 is older than E in Balkans,
maybe older than any IE R1 that is why we find the Aryan elements in Greek and Thracian languages,
and that is that creates the question of IE as a Neolithic agriculture language or as steppe Bronze age language,

to understand that search Varna Necropolis,
gold mettalurgy and burial rituals exist in Balkans still today,
and they are much before bronze IE, meaning that Masks of Thracians and Myceneans was not a teppe culture but a Balkanic one,
the body position in intermediate kingdom follows that also, meaning that Varna affected even Egypt,
all Kurgans are much later than Varna, so we see that Balkans learn Kurgan people to use gold in burial rituals,
considering that the oldest Kurgan is in Syria but archaiologists found it much after then might speak about a J2 population that existed in Neolithic Balkans

E in Balkans can not be neolithic for 2 reasons,
1) if is Neolithic in Spain then it should found in France Italy swiss Slovenia Austria Croatia etc.
but it is not, on the other hand it is found in minor Asia and Greece which surely is tied with Crucciani estimation,

2) early Neolithic people were G2, isolation of Swiis mountains surely helped G2 to survive the later incoming tribes, if E came from spain why did not create a pocket in Alps? or in North Italy? or in Dinaric Alps or in Tatra and Transylvania?
(the map you show us is definetly clear that E from spain has nothing to do with Balkanic E, instead the existance in Portugal shows a Levantine connection (Phoenician colonise Portugal in antigue time)

3) the mother land of an Hg is the land that has the more diversities,
How many diversities have Albanian E considering with other Blaknic E and with Levant where probably had a founder effect?
When and where that founder effect happened?
Hg do not follow hydraulic laws neither political desires.

4) Both Armenian Hypothseis (Thracians) and Greco-Aryan can be explained with an Anatolian connection of IE and J2 populations as also with R1b (M21 if I remeber correct)
but they can also be explained if we consider Balkans as homelend of R1,
the diversities of R1a in Balkans are indeed many, but until today that is consider to happened as a sink phenomena and not as motherland ( I heard it from Macciamo),
although the case of Sesklo Varna Vinca shows a connection ( The case of pommerania is still a question if being connected with Vinca or with IE)

the key is the Varna Necropolis, which I bet had I1 and J2 population and misses R1b R1a
or has R1b and R1a and misses J2, but surely misses E
the problem is that 6700 years old radiocarbon estimation does give very reliable results.

but we see that burial customs with Gold, with hands croossed and the weapons-scepters was not an egyptian custom neither a steppe one but a Balcanic one,
that burial chamber tumulus-kurgan was an anatolian-Near-middle-East custom,

a good question for you,

if E Y-DNA in Albania is neolithic? and they vanquish in thin air from spain to kossovo? what about their female population? the mtDNA that mate with them?

IE as we know took the women from the locals,
but mtDNA that can could coperate with E is found in an arc from Spain to Lapland scan, almost misses rest Europe and the in Balkans,
I wonder how come Neolithic population get married? so Neolithic E Hg of Kossovo people storage their women where?
why you don't search and that?
if E hg in kossovo was neolithic then it should have also the mtDNA that fits with it? at least in perfect % analogy. does it?

why should we consider kossovo an exception from the rule?
I mean if in Europe bronze people took the women of local neolithic, then same should happened in kossovo, meaning that if kossovo E-V13 was neolithic the mt-DNA should also be from Africa or Levant but in bigger % cause some of the women were taken by IE R1a and R1b. meaning that in Kossovo we must have above 60% African or Levantine mt-DNA.
Do we?

plz answer that question?

sorry I answer some questions here very late:
I have no very positive answer for bow, but some remarks:
Y-E1b- and subgroup V13 are not absent in northern and central and north-eastern Europe: there are found I think everywhere where danubian neolithic ("rubané"/"LBK" derived) can have prospered - so I think E1b was there at least at 6000 BC and I'm pushed to believe they were even older and put on march by some Y-G2a and some Y-J2b from Near Eastern with teached them rairculture and breeding - in Iberia the question is different because some E1B are of the North Maghreb stock -
E-V13 coudl well have been doped by founder effect among N-Albanians - but if I remember well, their center of variance were before in SW Bosnia & Montenegro? Correct me if I'm wrong here... if true it coul prove they were almost "autochtonous" at neolithic times
- the mt DNA and the autosomals of Neareasterners are not absent from Blakans: and some of the so called 'mediterranean' and 'caucasian'/'westeurasian' are there as they are in Iberia at some serious levels, and not only in Italy or Greece -
- I doubt Phoenicians could have had a so heavy genetic influence upon Portugal and Western Europe nor elsewhere out of their cradle - Portugal seams to me having known a dense demic neolithical arrival on the males side as southern France. and not only at male level - all the way if Lebanians of today are for the most offsprings of Phoenicians, they would have send varieties of genes close enough to the ones send by Neolithical colonizators-only a detailed survey about downstream Hgs could help -

I guess I am not explaining myself fully. I am not saying V-13 came to kosovo from spain, I am saying the opposite, it went to spain from kosovo. Since the spanish one is proved to be from 7000 BC, that makes the one in kosovo even older, probably around 10000 BC, which is well into the stone-age.
How did it get to kosovo? probably from the middle east through anatolia.
why the fountain was kosovo and not somewhere else in the balkans? because thats what the map visually shows, the epicenter of v-13 seems to be kosovo. That kind of circular spread through multiple countries and languages did not happen overnight, it takes thosands of years.
why v-13 has no mutations in kosovo? who is to say that it doesn't. There have been found only a handful of people in the world that have subclades of v-13. 99.9% of V-13 people are just v-13.
where does J2 fit into all this? I dont know. If it makes you happy, I am willing to accept that it came around the same time with the first farmers.
I do agree with you that Illyrians were a mix of v-13, R1b, and probably some I.
And lets not get carried away too much with the colors here, V-13 was probably fair or olive-skin since even the big E was born around egypt. I am starting to imagine sub-saharan africans wearing greek battle armor and helmet, and singing rap tunes.
Hear is something for use all.have any albanian in this forum forgot about who most of albanians are an from?most albanians of kosova come from hoti,an kelmendi that fled from turks an slavs pushing their way into north albania,,the birth place of ev-13 couldnt be from north strait away,,because ev-13 migrated from asia minor as did the greeks did from asia minor,I think ghegs were pushed upwards to north albania herzgovinia long time ago maybe pushed upwards of the people settled in greece,,3 wakve came from asia minor to greece then spread,I do know why ghegs have such high percent ev-13 because they only mixed with same tribe as still do..

What if Albanians are originally J2 and Kosovars are E-V13?

Hear is something for use all.have any albanian in this forum forgot about who most of albanians are an from?most albanians of kosova come from hoti,an kelmendi that fled from turks an slavs pushing their way into north albania,,the birth place of ev-13 couldnt be from north strait away,,because ev-13 migrated from asia minor as did the greeks did from asia minor,I think ghegs were pushed upwards to north albania herzgovinia long time ago maybe pushed upwards of the people settled in greece,,3 wakve came from asia minor to greece then spread,I do know why ghegs have such high percent ev-13 because they only mixed with same tribe as still do..

It looks like we need a genetic study specific to people from Kelmendi, Bajram Curri, Plave dhe Gucie, and Kosovo. I bet they would find higher percentages than the surrounding regions for: E v-13, R1b, and I1. In my opinion the bulk of this mountain population was pushed up there with the coming of the Albanian speaking Indo-Europeans in the Bronze Age. Their old language would be whatever Pelasgians spoke.

I can give you a little idea,The map that you showed is part of kosova an north albania where it is high as i thought,,the kosova albanians well most come from north albania from 2 tribes hoti,an kelmendi,,so the kosova albanians would be the same as north albanians because they are all from same tribes,kosova albanians have such high percent of ev-13 because they only mixed in same tribes as does northerns,,so my question who are greeks if albanians have a high percent of ev-13?an its not southern albanian genetics its gheg albanian,,,

It looks like we need a genetic study specific to people from Kelmendi, Bajram Curri, Plave dhe Gucie, and Kosovo. I bet they would find higher percentages than the surrounding regions for: E v-13, R1b, and I1. In my opinion the bulk of this mountain population was pushed up there with the coming of the Albanian speaking Indo-Europeans in the Bronze Age. Their old language would be whatever Pelasgians spoke.
I agree 100% with you kelmendi is huge in kosova as you know such as rugova albanians they are from kelmendi an krasnichi is from hoti,,both 2 huge tribe of kosova id say krasnichi is biggest..

I agree 100% with you kelmendi is huge in kosova as you know such as rugova albanians they are from kelmendi an krasnichi is from hoti,,both 2 huge tribe of kosova id say krasnichi is biggest..
sorry kelmendi is tribe of north albania many albanians from that tribe fled to kosvova,,as well as krasnichi

I think albanians were their much before the other halpgroups,im not saying this because im albanian im a open minded albanian but when it comes to tribes an people i know ell of..something is interesting is that most albanians of kosova an north albania has green eyes,hazel an blue,but their feature is not seen to others in balkans not surrounding countrys,,im 6ft hazel eyes brown hair,my whole family have blue hazel eyes,,this is common features of tribes of kelmendi an hoti in north albania and in kosova,,but we have less slavnic blood than others in balkans,,this would explain how we lived sicluded in tribes and away from invading slavnics,,an if I2a2 were in balkans before us then we would have more I2 than what we have now witch is not much not even 7% because their is far more slavnics than us in balkan coast.its just logic,,

With that map i wanted to point out the fact that Tosks have an Higher presence of Slavic HG compared to Ghegs.
I is clearly on majority I2a1b, R1a should be higher in South Albania and R1b the reverse.
Tosks dont live in tribes,It would make sense tha ghegs would have more slavnic genetics because they lived close to them,,but check out the slavnic migration and where they settled,You may find your answer their,,

not possiable, both speak same language same tribes same traditions same kanuni..it cant happen

Well, very high percentage of nations that thought to be homogenic are proved to be very heterogenic nowdays. Which language someone speaks, or what one thinks he is, is not of much concern for us if we're making a realistic map. Studies show a J prevalence in Albania, and E dominance in Kosovo.

I think that there is a reasonable doubt that major part of Albanians came form southern Italy.

p.s. I'm using these terms to denotate physical lines of the states, not national identity.

What if Albanians are originally J2 and Kosovars are E-V13?
There is no such thing as Kosovars. We are Albanians or as we call ourselves Shqiptars from a different reagion.

No, you still don't understand. There are only Kosovars, Albanians, Macedonians , Greeks, etc. and they are only defined with the state borders. Those terms are deprived of ethnological element for the purpose of this forum. They are only used for better geographical orienteering. If you can't transcend national identity and have an argumentative debate, you should not participate here.

No, you still don't understand. There are only Kosovars, Albanians, Macedonians , Greeks, etc. and they are only defined with the state borders. Those terms are deprived of ethnological element for the purpose of this forum. They are only used for better geographical orienteering. If you can't transcend national identity and have an argumentative debate, you should not participate here.

You seem to not understand, if you want to be specific of which Ethnicity you are refering in kosova then write Albanians from kosova, or serb from kosova, turks from kosova ect. Thats all I'm telling you.

We first have to define what is Albanian ethicity? Some who believe to be 'Albanians' may have a 'Greek' ancestry, and some who believe to be 'Serbs' may have 'Albanian' ancestry. It's also understood, that Serbian or Greek ethnicity is yet to be defined, thats why I marked all these terms, because they are not quite clear from genealogical point of view.

The better words would be "people from Kosovo that believe for themselves to be Albanians", but that seems too much complicated, and it also brings in the ethnic definition of Albanian (still uncertain), rather than geographical (which I called for).

This thread has been viewed 162804 times.

Back