Kosovo Albanians Haplogroups?

1. Term Kosovar does exist. For f**k sake, you yourself just said it was invented 5 years ago!
I don't get it. Do you better like Kosovian, Kosovo-Metohian, Kosovics, Kosovci? What is your problem with that word?

2. As for occupation of Kosovo, read #87 from FBS again:
"The most homogeneous by far are the Albanians (14.5) and the Kosovars (9.9), followed by the Slovenes (5.0), the Russians (4.3), the Poles (3.8), and other Slavic peoples. It means that the Albanian and the Kosovan populations expanded quite recently from a much smaller source population."

Do you even read what other people say? It's on the very same page as your post.

3. I've never said that just converting to Islam could make a Serb into Albanian. But leaving that aside, you said that it could make him a Bosnian. So, you agree that there was a way to change national identity throughout the history. Maybe there were other ways? More complex ones...

In the light of your own words, do you now see the need to break away from using those national qualifications in a way that you do?

1. Term Kosovar does exist. For f**k sake, you yourself just said it was invented 5 years ago!
I don't get it. Do you better like Kosovian, Kosovo-Metohian, Kosovics, Kosovci? What is your problem with that word?

metohija is an invented serbian word the orginial word is dukagjini
no we dont call ourself kosovar it never existed it was made up at the begining of independence
we call ourself simple albanians no var no kosovo nothing of this invented stuff
just because you live in belgrad you dont call yourself belgradian or do you?

2. As for occupation of Kosovo, read #87 from FBS again:
"The most homogeneous by far are the Albanians (14.5) and the Kosovars (9.9), followed by the Slovenes (5.0), the Russians (4.3), the Poles (3.8), and other Slavic peoples. It means that the Albanian and the Kosovan populations expanded quite recently from a much smaller source population."

Do you even read what other people say? It's on the very same page as your post.

'87 fbs? what you mean with that

3. I've never said that just converting to Islam could make a Serb into Albanian. But leaving that aside, you said that it could make him a Bosnian. So, you agree that there was a way to change national identity throughout the history. Maybe there were other ways? More complex ones...

In the light of your own words, do you now see the need to break away from using those national qualifications in a way that you do?

that with converting to another religion and become another ethnicity works only at southslavs
you are the same but still invent every 20 years a new "nation" like montengrians, macedonians, serbians, bosnians, croatians, slovenians although you are just southslavs or in your language yugoslavs
and of every dialect you invent a new "language" although its all the same southslavic one

metohija is an invented serbian word the orginial word is dukagjini
no we dont call ourself kosovar it never existed it was made up at the begining of independence
we call ourself simple albanians no var no kosovo nothing of this invented stuff
just because you live in belgrad you dont call yourself belgradian or do you?

'87 fbs? what you mean with that

that with converting to another religion and become another ethnicity works only at southslavs
you are the same but still invent every 20 years a new "nation" like montengrians, macedonians, serbians, bosnians, croatians, slovenians although you are just southslavs or in your language yugoslavs
and of every dialect you invent a new "language" although its all the same southslavic one

SIMPLY BORING

METOHIA IS A GREEK WORD AS ALSO KOSSYFOPEDIO

BOTH WORDS KOSSOVO AND METOHIA ARE GREEK.

ΜΕΤΟΧΙΑ-METOXI-METOXH-METOXOΣ ->Metohja
After Greek words μετα+εχω
KΟΣΣΥΦΑΣ -KOΣΣΥΦΟΠΕΔΙΟ- Kossovo
after the black bird that sings amazing Κοσσυφας Κοτσυφας

Simply boring propaganda,

SIMPLY BORING

i dont now if they are really greek but nodbody uses this words if they are really greek than they might be from the byzantian era
and you know that the greek language was the language of the church and has nothing to do with you right? greek in the byzantian era was a universal language for all christians

the orginal name of kosovo is dardania and the orginal name for the serbian name mathoija is dukagjini
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Map2344.png/531px-Map2344.png

i dont understand what you mean with propaganda and what is boring??

It's boring that you're pulling off your nationalistic propaganda here on genetic part of forum.
Why are you explaining to us what the territory was called like 2000 years ago by some local tribes? I know, and maybe Yetos knows because he lives somewhere around. But what the heck should Dardania mean to some forum member from Portugal or Japan? That's why you should use legitimate terms, that are easily recognizable. STOP bringing chaos into this thread.

Last edited:
*Stop with this nationalism.

SIMPLY BORING

The source?

Link me in which you refer,

Its odd that croatians, bosnians, montenegrians, albanians and serbians all want a piece of the illyrian DNA solely to justify their identity and lay claims to lands . But Illyrians did not see themselves as Illyrians, they all had different DNA, they all had different dynasties, they warred against each other and never aligned with each other in any major degree except Teuta in the south against the Romans and previuosly when 2 tribes united against Macedonia of Philip II and his son Alexander. The illyrians never laid claims beyond the Drin river as south of this was either epirote and later macedonian lands.

First of all, let me ask you this: where is the written historical evidence that pre-roman tribes and cultures of area of today Croatia, Bosnia and western Serbia called themselfs as "Illyrians"? Plz, show to me that kind of evidence where that tribes said that for themselfs, show me the proof where they considered themselfs as "ILLYRIANS". You know what is the real truth here?

Tribes of pre-roman area of today Croatia, Bosnia and parts of Serbia not only that they DIDN'T HAD SAME HAPLOGROUPS as THE REAL Illyrians from Epirus and areas of today Montenegro, BUT THEY WERE NOT ILLYRIANS in the first place.

There is no proof where you can claim that tribes of pre-roman Croatia (Liburnes, Delmati, Japodes, Desitijati, Brekues etc...) were "Illyrians", by who or what they were "Illyrians"? By Romans? Let me laugh at that, you know why? Because Romans did not care much how they will name borders of their provinces, means they didn't cared which tribes will be included into that name of Province, so they would name the province by name of the tribe they had great problems with, in this case - ILLYRIANS from EPIRUS (Teuta & company), means today area of Albania and parts of Montenegro (along with parts of Kosovo etc...)

Now, I will end with this: PEOPLE/TRIBES of PRE-ROMAN time in area of today Croatia, Bosnia and parts of Serbia HAD I2a2 haplogroup dominant back than like they have it dominant TODAY, and tribes of EPIRUS (today Albania) had E1b1b dominant back than as they have it today.

You must be asking yourself, how can this be the case with Croatians, Serbians and Bosnians if they are slavic by linguistic and background origin of their tribes, well, let me enlighten you: original Croats and Serbs were slavic tribes and carriers of R1a, they mixed with romanized population of today Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia on SUCH HIGH LEVEL, that today dominant haplogroup of this three countries IS HAPLOGROUP of people before Croats and Serbs CAME HERE, so in fact YOU COULD TELL that today Croats and Serbs (majority) are BY GENETIC, the autochthonous people of pre-croatian, and pre-serbian time, even though today they are Croats and Serbs, why? Because NATION has nothing to do with ethnic background, and not to mention genetic background. That's all.

Respect and take care, do not take this post as some kind of "attack" on you, I was writting this more for others than for you :) cheers

Isn't it interesting how quickly any subject is spoiled when serbs, albanians, greeks, macedonians, bulgarians etc. have something to say on that? And i am contibuting farther: Kosovo is word for one kind of blackbird in serbian and many more slavic languages, not necessarily south slavic; in greek, but in many balkan languages also, an example of balkan sprachbund, just like word drum. Metohija is word of greek origin, and is related to monastic grange of serbian ortodox chirch in middle ages in region called Hvosno. After that the name of Kosovo and Metohija, and Metohija consequently, has been changed several times for political reasons. Can we, balkan people, overcame these past tenses, at least when it comes to eupedia and science, and educate ourselves, be openminded and contibute, please?

Isn't it interesting how quickly any subject is spoiled when serbs, albanians, greeks, macedonians, bulgarians etc. have something to say on that? And i am contibuting farther: Kosovo is word for one kind of blackbird in serbian and many more slavic languages, not necessarily south slavic; in greek, but in many balkan languages also, an example of balkan sprachbund, just like word drum. Metohija is word of greek origin, and is related to monastic grange of serbian ortodox chirch in middle ages in region called Hvosno. After that the name of Kosovo and Metohija, and Metohija consequently, has been changed several times for political reasons. Can we, balkan people, overcame these past tenses, at least when it comes to eupedia and science, and educate ourselves, be openminded and contibute, please?
I can sign under this.
Welcome to Eupedia sanja.

Yes, this is true. In Bulgarian also Kos is blackbird . Kosovo was populated by South Slavs(Serbs, Bulgarians) but Albanians start to come after the Ottoman conquest. Albanians change their faith so they can do what they want and torture Christian Slavs. The R1b in Albanians is R1b-23 also know as R1b-Ht35. It has 0 to make with Celts and Germanics it is seen in Armenians,Turks,Greeks,Albanians,Romanians, Bulgarians,Serbs a bit in Hungarians. Just like J2b2 and E-V13 it is a Balkan marker, connected with ancient Balkan people such as Thrachians,Dachians,Ilyrians, Hellenics etc. But some Albanians on Internet thing that it is Celtic.No it is not deal with it. The Celtic one is 0.9 in Bulgaria and Bulgaria and Turkey are the places where there was actually some Celtic setelment. As for Balkan people they are really connected but Greeks and Albanians have more of the native R1b-23,E-V13 and J2b2, while Serbs and Bulgarians have more of the Slavic I2a-Din, R1a-m458 and R1a-Z280.

i dont now if they are really greek but nodbody uses this words if they are really greek than they might be from the byzantian era
and you know that the greek language was the language of the church and has nothing to do with you right? greek in the byzantian era was a universal language for all christians

the orginal name of kosovo is dardania and the orginal name for the serbian name mathoija is dukagjini
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Map2344.png/531px-Map2344.png

i dont understand what you mean with propaganda and what is boring??

WRONG, search lexicons

Correct. the original terminology

Yes, this is true. In Bulgarian also Kos is blackbird . Kosovo was populated by South Slavs(Serbs, Bulgarians) but Albanians start to come after the Ottoman conquest. Albanians change their faith so they can do what they want and torture Christian Slavs. The R1b in Albanians is R1b-23 also know as R1b-Ht35. It has 0 to make with Celts and Germanics it is seen in Armenians,Turks,Greeks,Albanians,Romanians, Bulgarians,Serbs a bit in Hungarians. Just like J2b2 and E-V13 it is a Balkan marker, connected with ancient Balkan people such as Thrachians,Dachians,Ilyrians, Hellenics etc. But some Albanians on Internet thing that it is Celtic.No it is not deal with it. The Celtic one is 0.9 in Bulgaria and Bulgaria and Turkey are the places where there was actually some Celtic setelment. As for Balkan people they are really connected but Greeks and Albanians have more of the native R1b-23,E-V13 and J2b2, while Serbs and Bulgarians have more of the Slavic I2a-Din, R1a-m458 and R1a-Z280.
OMG AGAIN.
Stop with this fake dream about albanian enter in balkan with empire ottoman maked by slavs*
Albanian stay in balkan in 1200 and is dimostred by Charles 1 of Naples.
In 1246 conquest Durazzo and a little bit of albanian coast.
Charles 1 of Naples moved Arbaresh (in this time caleed arbaresh) in italy for be farmer.
Arbaresh of south builded church ortodox and Arbaresh of north use church catholic, but never builded church catholic (in this time).
In 1400 and old, so many arbaresh begin to build church Catholic and Ortodox.
Is just a dream of slavs, stop plis.
And stop with this "muslim kill christian".
The change of religion is caused for taxes in empire ottoman, not because albanian enter in ottoman empire.

The ones you mention are the ones Greeks call Galates Γαλατες, they enter balkans, repelled in Delphi moved back to Nis to Sofia and Rumania, then Stranza mountains Bulgaria to finally settle in minor Asia Cappadokia which alternate name is Galatia

About R1a is another story since is found in Thracian tomps by what I know which means that R1a could exist in south Balkans from 3500 BC

all lexicons
I don't understand, but this f****g (srry) name is Slavs or Greek!!!
Is impossible slavs say "but is slavs!" and now greek "but is greek!".
The one is option, not two.

OMG AGAIN.
Stop with this fake dream about albanian enter in balkan with empire ottoman maked by slavs*
Albanian stay in balkan in 1200 and is dimostred by Charles 1 of Naples.
In 1246 conquest Durazzo and a little bit of albanian coast.
Charles 1 of Naples moved Arbaresh (in this time caleed arbaresh) in italy for be farmer.
Arbaresh of south builded church ortodox and Arbaresh of north use church catholic, but never builded church catholic (in this time).
In 1400 and old, so many arbaresh begin to build church Catholic and Ortodox.
Is just a dream of slavs, stop plis.
And stop with this "muslim kill christian".
The change of religion is caused for taxes in empire ottoman, not because albanian enter in ottoman empire.

No matter some extra nationalistic Albanians here are provoking to the degree of Stupidity,
I admit that you are right, Terminology Albanian is older than Ottoman empire entrance in Balkans.

about Muslim and Christians, is another story.

I don't understand, but this f****g (srry) name is Slavs or Greek!!!
Is impossible slavs say "but is slavs!" and now greek "but is greek!".
The one is option, not two.

Lexicons give clear terminology.
Metohja is the SLavic borrow of Greek work Mετοχια,
Is Like Holy mountain Athos, Jerusalem Meca etc, Means holy land dedicated to God (Gods)
Kossovo Kossova Kos Kossyfopedio Κοσσυφοπεδιο means land of the blackbirds word is almost same in Slavs and Greeks,
Kossyfas in Greek, Kos in Bulgarian etc
it is not the only common sound word, typical among IE or Neighbour countries,
want more words?

No matter some extra nationalistic Albanians here are provoking to the degree of Stupidity,
I admit that you are right, Terminology Albanian is older than Ottoman empire entrance in Balkans.

about Muslim and Christians, is another story.
Is normal, when historican german in 1800 and for 200 years continue to say "albanian are descendent of illyrian" and now, no, no albanian are descendent of....of what?
The balkan is just a territory when all abuse of hystory of population like a vinca culture.
If albanian don't stay in empire roman and old why we have 60/70% latin? and why words greek are taked from doric language??
Mhhh, is just abuse, Albania and Albanian is simbol of change every 200 years.
Is dimostred by fact historical, empire turk (500 years, not 1 years), communism and other.

This thread has been viewed 163174 times.

Back