7000 year old human bones found in Spain

I1 could indeed make the Atlantic Med admixture in Scandinavia. However, what is the predecessor of this neolithic I1? ... I* ?

Below, I propose this scenario:

1) N and R1a (Northern and eastern Hunter gatherers)
2) R1b (western Hunter gatherers)
3) Em81 (some Iberians and French hunter gatherers)
4) G2a, I2a, EV13 (Southern and central european Neolithic farmers)
5) I1 (Scandinavian Neolithic farmers)
6) J2, G2a (Bronze age invaders)

Now that we know that Hunter gatherers and Neolithic farmers had different admixtures and knowing that only Neolithic farmers had their Y haplogroup tested , I would not be surprised if the Hunter gatherers Y dna turned out to be R1b and/or R1a. The fact that we didn't find R1b in Neoithic samples so far doesn't indicate that R1b wasn"t already in Europe at that time but rather that R1b wasn't the haplogroup of the Neolithic farmers carrying the Southern admixture

One more remark regarding 2): Despite R1b certainly isn't really upper-paleolithic as believed earlier, I agree that some of it could have came to europe bringing some of todays North_euro admixture from the east to europe yet during late the paleolithic, say 9000 years ago (Something like early pre-IE eurasian hunter-gatherer migrations along the glaciers edges.). At that time, Y-genetics in the Urals and central Asia was certainly more differentiated than today. So yes, I also think there is a small possibility that the Brana people already could have had some R1b or R1a, as they are half North_euro.

This thread has been viewed 27324 times.

Back