You know you've been in Spain too long when...

why when in madrid, waiters were so snail like.. not very quick, very slow?.. things in central italy and northern italy you don't find.
some were very arrogant.
also people are quite noisy..

As if Italians aren't noisy and arrogant.:LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Spain has it's problems like many other European countries. No need to exaggerate things.

My view is that Eupedia doesn't seem to have much credibility, especially on the more professional fora (DNA Forums for one - currently not operative). Too much nonsense and just plain inaccurate / misleading information posted about Iberians (and some other population groups). Malicious members are many, unfortunately. Jejune and destructive, to say the least.

With german, Spanishes it most interesting people of Europe behind the French

There are bars and restaurants that are too tourist and perhaps the paellas are precooked or make in expresso pot, it's just boiled rice. You have to choose better, eat a great time in Spain, excellent meal with the best olive oil in the world.

I usually eat at my house, but a while ago I went to work to eat at a bar where they ate workers, truckers etc. in an industrial area here in Catalonia, and saw that he had rice to Cuba, but it looked too white rice, so I asked the waiter if boiling the rice after it passed the pan a little and told me that no, the tomato seemed boat too, so I did not ask that rice to Cuba, I ordered lentil, was worst were canned, the flavor can is indonfundible, crap food, I will never again, it was a simple bar to fill the stomach workers protest without gobbling simply boiled rice, yuck.

JEREZ (Cádiz, Andalusia) 2014 European capital of wine

Iberian Ham in China

You who think we suck us the finger?

There are bars and restaurants that are too tourist and perhaps the paellas are precooked or make in expresso pot, it's just boiled rice. You have to choose better, eat a great time in Spain, excellent meal with the best olive oil in the world.

I usually eat at my house, but a while ago I went to work to eat at a bar where they ate workers, truckers etc. in an industrial area here in Catalonia, and saw that he had rice to Cuba, but it looked too white rice, so I asked the waiter if boiling the rice after it passed the pan a little and told me that no, the tomato seemed boat too, so I did not ask that rice to Cuba, I ordered lentil, was worst were canned, the flavor can is indonfundible, crap food, I will never again, it was a simple bar to fill the stomach workers protest without gobbling simply boiled rice, yuck.

Carlos, you misunderstood me. I loved the paella I ate in Spain. In other places it does leave something to be desired.

Someone should come up with a mathematical formula showing the exact rate at which food quality decreases as one moves away from the source region. (That's a joke, btw.):grin:

I love the seafood paella, paella is a dish fully adopted by all the Spanish regions; although its origin is in valencia, many Spaniards traveling throughout Spain have assured me they have eaten excellent paellas anywhere in Spain. It happened the same with gazpacho more recently, has already been adopted by the whole of Spain; but sometimes painful things like hear there not people check the Andalusian gazpacho carrot or zucchini, and that hurts to hear it. The bread with tomato Catalan simple dish has also been adopted by other regions, I remember that it was offered as premiums in Andalusia in the 80s and did not like anything, 25 years after they had taken on their own. A friend was in a London restaurant kitchen and alleged Spanish paella served with ketchup, is a crime.

Hello "Everybody",
it was really fun reading all these responses and comments. After you lived a while in Spain, especially in the most southern "Andalucía", you will start to relax and at last begin to enjoy life. You learn, what really matters in our short journey on this planet. Talking about Europe, for somebody from the North, Southern way of living represents a "culture-chock", but believe me, also vice versa! A lot of other Europeans are just jealous of the Southern way of life and hence critizise. Ok, perhaps one has less scratches on the car, when parked on the street, but criminality is the same in Northern Europe, in some parts even worth.
At the end, it is the sun, the light and the temperature that counts!
Oh yes, never value a person by its wallet or Passport!!! So no generalizing!
All the best to you, your Christian Ho

Hola a "Todos",
era realmente divertido leer estas respuestas y comentarios. Después de haber vivido un tiempo en España, especialmente en el sur, Andalucía, empiezas a relajar y al final comienzas a disfrutar la vida. Aprendes a ver lo que realmente es importante en nuestro viaje corto en este planeta. ¡Hablando de Europa, para alguien del Norte, la manera de vivir en el Sur significa un "choque cultural", pero créenme, también al contrario! Muchos otros Europeos tienen envidia de la manera de vivir en el Sur y por eso, están criticando. Vale, tal vez te llevas menos arañazos al aparcar en la calle, pero la criminalidad en el Norte de Europa es igual, si no en algunos lados peor.
¡¡¡Ah sí, nunca valoras una persona por su cartera o pasaporte!!! ¡Así, nada de generalizar!
¡Al final, lo que cuenta, es el sol, la luz y la temperatura!
Todo lo mejor, vuestro Christian Ho

Last edited:
Think in Seville and Cadiz are two of the single or few places where the Vikings were defeated and in the Battle of Bailen where Napoleon was defeated for the first time in Europe. Do not rely entirely.

You find Spaniards with 40 who live in their parents' house, and even 50 is true.

They ask you an address on the street and you indicate any address. There I do not agree.

Drink wine all the time. Nor, the Spanish drinks much more beer.

Drink coffee in a glass. I personally, I have to drink it in a glass cup. But if you do not indicate it in the bars, they will usually put it in a cup. In the South, perhaps it is placed directly in a small glass cup, I think it conserves heat better and the edge being thinner than a cup makes it more pleasant to drink it.

The term guiri we apply if they are very Germanic but especially English-speaking or German if they are francophones would be gabacho.

Please, we do not usually use it, but thank you very much more. If, for example, you go to a place where they offer a service and you ask for that service, why ask for that service if you are there to provide that service? For us, asking for something please is in situations where you are very desperate.

Yes we answer the phone with a tell me?

Take the day off for a paperwork that has to be done is something decades ago, today at least the workers on foot is impossible, if someone does it must be very timely and sporadic or because he can do it but it is not the general tonic today.

Going out or having a drink and returning at 3 in the morning or at dawn, each day who could take it? It usually goes out on weekends, especially Saturday, Thursday night, have a drink and come back soon, Friday is something better, and Saturday, Sunday night, not because on Monday you have to get up early to work.

Now it does not mean now to a certain extent if it is true especially in rural areas where although there are bus lines and people have private cars it is more difficult to say: "Now we go to this or that place or we are going to do this or that thing now "When maybe you have to move 100 km to do that thing. If you use the now in something that can be done now, for example: Now I'm going to prepare an orange juice, because that now is now, but if it is something that involves more difficulty or a greater approach and study the now is a project which will be carried out when it can be or decided, in which case the now is affirmative, it will be done when possible.

We like to look at strangers, see how they dress e.t.c. There is a saying in Spain of when the foreigners began to come to do tourism, and of course I imagine that in their countries they did not dress in winter as they did in Spain in summer, so when your son or daughter or someone from your environment, for example, dresses Strange form or has not known how to put the clothes together well, it is said: Go off that you look like a foreign vision.

When an Andalusian girl that you met three weeks earlier, tells you that she loves you, and she asks you to marry her.
RUN ....

It could have been funny if it wasn't true! LOL

40 year olds living with their parents???????!!

[QUOTE = davef; 567118] 40 años viviendo con sus padres ??????? !! [/ QUOTE]

Por supuesto, es muy frecuente. La explicación está en que comprar una vivienda o alquilar un piso es muy caro en España, no está compensado con el sueldo mínimo interprofesional que es de 900 € y alquilar un piso medio decente en España suele costar entre 600 y 1000 €, alquilar una habitación Puede costar 200 €. Mucha gente soltera tiene la opción de alquilar una habitación pero tiene que compartir el piso con extraños, a veces prefieren quedarse en casa de sus padres. Aunque el sueldo sea algo mejor que un préstamo para 30 años. Todo tiene una explicación.

This thread has been viewed 40171 times.

Back