Searching for famous I2 carriers

Minor update: Added Gregory Petsko. (He has a Wikipedia page!)

Update again: Added Henry Luce and his relatives. Somebody pretty famous this time!

I think we may be getting a top 5 reasonably famous I2 carriers:

(1) Hannibal Hamlin
(2) Henry Luce
(3) Oliver Winchester
(4) Fausto Veranzio [needs additional confirmation]
(5) Pavel Tsitsianov

And I'll keep looking for a confirmation :)

I've read somewhere a few years ago that this person was I2a1b

411px-Horthy_the_regent.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miklós_Horthy

Although they don't indicate the source of the information. I'm acquainted with Vadim and will ask him about it.

Interesting. Per Google Translate, someone is claiming:

I2a1a said:
Haplotype child side branch Horty Nagy (Nagy-Horthy) compared to my (match 17/20)

That would do it, we just need a source of the sample, and hopefully the STRs too so that we can see which subclade Horthy was. I think he'd leap to #1 most famous known I2 carrier, or at least compete for it with Hannibal Hamlin (I don't know how famous Hamlin is outside of the USA).

They also list some others I haven't brought up yet on that thread at MolGen. I would appreciate any input on: (1) How famous these people are (Yegor Titov, Andrei Makarevich, etc.) and (2) How we know that they're I2.

Minor update while I wait on Horthy: Added Bigfoot Wallace, the Texas Ranger. I also investigated claims that Lew Wallace is on the same line as him, but found that they've been discredited.

That would do it, we just need a source of the sample, and hopefully the STRs too so that we can see which subclade Horthy was. I think he'd leap to #1 most famous known I2 carrier, or at least compete for it with Hannibal Hamlin (I don't know how famous Hamlin is outside of the USA).

Yes it was an important historical personality #1 for sure.

But, there's another one candidate for #1. It is one of the greatest scientists in human's history. Mr Nikola Tesla.
Tesla3.jpg

They also list some others I haven't brought up yet on that thread at MolGen. I would appreciate any input on: (1) How famous these people are (Yegor Titov, Andrei Makarevich, etc.) and (2) How we know that they're I2.

Well they are enough popular to be on the Russian list ))) Yegor Titov was a popular footbal player and captain of Russian national soccer team.

Makarevich was one of the first rock musician in SSSR. He's quite famous person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Makarevich

Buldakov is a famous acter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexey_Buldakov

Update: Added Miklos Horthy! I'm looking now for additional confirmation of Yegor Titov, Andrei Makarevich, Alexey Buldakov, and especially:

How certain are we that the cousins of these folks who tested are actually related to these folks? And where are the STR and/or SNP values?

I have listed three of the most prominent members identified so far on the Haplogroup I2 page and linked back to this thread.

Update: Added Miklos Horthy! I'm looking now for additional confirmation of Yegor Titov, Andrei Makarevich, Alexey Buldakov, and especially:

How certain are we that the cousins of these folks who tested are actually related to these folks? And where are the STR and/or SNP values?

Well it isn't always the most reliable method but in some cases it is the only possible.

Sparkey, you'd have to talk about that things with Vadim Verenitz who is a prominent person in investigating of I2 haplogroup. He's an author of that information from the site mentioned above.

Sparkey, you'd have to talk about that things with Vadim Verenitz who is a prominent person in investigating of I2 haplogroup. He's an author of that information from the site mentioned above.

Sure, I can talk to him at some point. Would he know about Tesla though? I don't remember seeing Tesla mentioned on MolGen (it isn't loading for me right now so maybe I just missed it). Where did you find out about Tesla being I2? He's the one I really want to confirm now.

Update: Added theologian John H. Yoder and a collage!

Though it is unlikely to be connected solely to their Y-dna, I find the facial correspondences among the men in your collage remarkable (lower cheek, mouth).

This thread has been viewed 223571 times.

Back