Searching for famous I2 carriers

Greetings, all. I have Ydna I21/I2a2a. Genealogy indicates common paternal heritage with Niklaus Leuenberger, Swiss national hero of the 1653 Peasant War is probable I2b1/I2a2a. Zimmermans and Millers from N. Switzerland also have been documented as being of this haplogroup; famous folk-rocker Bob Dylan is a Zimmerman. I can think of at least one famous Miller.

Thanks, these sound promising. Do you have a link to anything concrete, like the particular Y-DNA samples on ySearch or in FTDNA projects, or to related genealogies? I'd like to be able to at least have something to link to, and perhaps get a more precise subclade, before I add anything to my list.

As for Bob Dylan: Isn't his Zimmerman line Jewish? Are you sure it connects to the Swiss Zimmerman lines?

Update: Added Ethan Allen! Any Vermonters on the forum?

Minor update: Added some guys named Terry. They're the first notable I2a-Western carriers I've found.

Update: More I2a-Western guys. This time it's the current Governor of Wyoming, Matt Mead, and a Mead relative of his who was Governor of Vermont. I was hoping that George Meade would also be a relative, because this I2a-Western Mead family dominates the Mead/Meade DNA Project, but he seems to be from a different family.

As I mentioned a few days ago, Elvis Presley most probably belonged to haplogroup I2c1.

I just found out that the author Stephen King belongs to haplogroup I2a2a (see this thread).

As I mentioned a few days ago, Elvis Presley most probably belonged to haplogroup I2c1.

I just found out that the author Stephen King belongs to haplogroup I2a2a (see this thread).

Great! Stephen King seems clear. I'll have several interesting names in my next update of this thread, it seems.

I've tried contacting the author who published that Elvis was Haplogroup I, but haven't gotten a response back yet. I'm hoping he can confirm that Elvis was I2c in particular, because there are several Wallaces who have tested as I1 too. Maciamo, have you been able to rule out that Elvis instead belonged to an I1 branch?

Maybe not as famous as the ones Maciamo has been finding, but it seems that Rollo Gillespie was I2-M223 according to this post on RootsWeb. I've got some work to do for the next update.

This could be an interesting possibility, it can't be considered as direct evidence, but more like circumstantial, going like a mathematical proof.

Mamsurov in the I2c project belongs to an ossetian clan called Tagaour, they claim descent from an Armenian prince who took refuge among the Alans in the middle ages because his uncle took his inheritance rights, my source for this is Hovann Simonian speech in the library of congress.

no one took the Tagaours seriously before they tested Y-dna and turned out to be I2c2, which is prevalent among Georgian and Armenian noble families.

Tagaour matches the Armenian word for king : Tagavor. Armenian old nobility were organized in a social pyramid:
- Tagavor (king)
- Bdeshkh (viceroy)
- Ishkhanats ishkhan (grand duke)
- Ishkhan (prince)
this suggests that they descended from one of the several Armenian families that took the title of king or Tagavor in the nation's history

Orontid Dynasty 570 BC - 200 BC
Artaxiad Dynasty 190 BC - 12 AD
Arsacid Dynasty 52 AD - 428 AD
Bagratuni Dynasty 880 AD - 1045 AD
Artsruni Dynasty 908 AD - 1021 AD (claim only)

after these dates Armenia wasn't ruled by a native Armenian king but rather Georgian or Persian or Mongol. who did not call himself Tagavor.
according to the story their ancestor took refuge with Alans, but the Alans did not exist north of the Caucasus mountains before the 1st century AD, so we can safely dismiss any dynasty before this time : Orontid and Artaxiad.

The Arsacids were of Parthian origin and established three kingdoms in the Caucasus : Armenia,Iberia, and Albania.
only the last king of Arsacid Iberia took refuge with alans, but he wasn't Armenian,didn't call himself Tagavor, no uncle took his rights, and was Parthian, if they were I2c we would have found some amount in central Iran or Afghanistan.

The last two possibilities are the Bagratuni and Artsruni. Hovann Simonian says they are the Bagratunis, Ashot the blind (726 - 748)AD supposedly took the principality from his nephews, a possibility, but they were not kings, they were presiding princes under arab domination and many clans shared the office like the mamikonians.

Bagratids first true king was Ashot the great (885 - 890) who was independent and called himself Shahnshah, searching through his successors we find they all ascended the throne normally from father to son and brother to brother when there are no sons, no incident of uncle taking over nephews rights.

Gagik Artsruni (904 - 943) claimed the title 'King of Armenia' in a power struggle against the Bagratids. the Artsruni ruled over Vaspurakan, Armenia's largest province but claimed Armenia as a whole.

He was succeeded by his son Derinik-Ashot (943 - 959) who died childless --> his brother Abusahl-Hamazasp(959 - 969) --> his son Ashot-Sahak (969 - 991) who had children who could succeed him, but they were bypassed by their uncle Gurgen-Kachik(991 - 1003).

the children of Ashot-Sahak are the only ones who fit the requirements and they must be the Tagauors, this means that members of the house of Artsruni carried I2c2. the Artsruni were themselves a cadet branch of the earlier Orontids who ruled as kings of greater Armenia (570 - 200)BC, kings of Commagene(163BC - 72AD) and kings of Sophene (3rd century - 94)BC the last ruler of Sophene Mithrobarzanes is the first attested member of the house of Artsruni, after they were conquered by Tigranes the great he transfered them to Vaspurakan according to historian Cyril Toumanof.

The Orontids were succeeded by the Artaxiads who were themselves another branch of the Orontids, if that is the case then some famous monarchs of these dynasties can be added to our list of members of haplogroup I2, two stand as most famous :
1- Tigranes the Great
2- Antiochus Theos of Commagene

now that was a lot to take in, without the testing of ancient grave sites no one will believe this. it is nonetheless a deductive argument based on solid historical facts, I ask you to at least consider this within the realm of possible candidates for I2 famous people.

Last edited:
Update: Added Stephen King, Chuck Norris, and Rollo Gillespie! Also added Elvis Presley to the maybes since I wasn't able to confirm for sure what his Haplogroup I subclade was, but it seems most like to have been I2c1 (whoo hoo!).

Three members of my paternal line were tested. 100% I2b1 confirmation. Descend from Thurston Bassett, who was also tested (have never seen proof, named as my 29th great grandfather). 10th great-grandfather arrived in America in 1635 at age 14. He was the son of the man that led the last Bard Conference in Wales. They were the Bards. Family was aligned w/ the Monarchy. Wikipedia says my bloodline is deceased.

Ancestry sites say I'm Rollo's 33rd direct grandson. Won't buy that until the French release Rollo's DNA (supposed to have been done in 2016). Town in France named 'Bassett.' Ba means, 'soul.' So, Night Soul. 'Phi' is associated with the 'I' guys (Phi-Kings, or Phi-si-Goths). The DNA test called me, 'Semitic.' Ancestry sites used to link I2b1 to the Seleucus and the Macedonian generals. Became the Aesir after the fall of the Seleucid State? Joined the Vanir- started the J1C1 bloodline w/ Gerda the Frost Giant Beauty (a 'J1')? A Stewart woman named I2b1 as the 'royal line.' Royal Neanderthal-line is J2b1 (Rothschild, it is said).

Ancestry site says I'm Robert Gifford's 12th cousin, 26 times removed. Family's castle in Wales is now a tourist attraction. We're just regular people - nothing special. In fact, none in the family care to know about this information. Maternal-line is J1C1.

Three members of my paternal line were tested. 100% I2b1 confirmation. Descend from Thurston Bassett, who was also tested (have never seen proof, named as my 29th great grandfather). 10th great-grandfather arrived in America in 1635 at age 14. He was the son of the man that led the last Bard Conference in Wales. They were the Bards. Family was aligned w/ the Monarchy. Wikipedia says my bloodline is deceased.

Ancestry sites say I'm Rollo's 33rd direct grandson. Won't buy that until the French release Rollo's DNA (supposed to have been done in 2016). Town in France named 'Bassett.' Ba means, 'soul.' So, Night Soul. 'Phi' is associated with the 'I' guys (Phi-Kings, or Phi-si-Goths). The DNA test called me, 'Semitic.' Ancestry sites used to link I2b1 to the Seleucus and the Macedonian generals. Became the Aesir after the fall of the Seleucid State? Joined the Vanir- started the J1C1 bloodline w/ Gerda the Frost Giant Beauty (a 'J1')? A Stewart woman named I2b1 as the 'royal line.' Royal Neanderthal-line is J2b1 (Rothschild, it is said).

Ancestry site says I'm Robert Gifford's 12th cousin, 26 times removed. Family's castle in Wales is now a tourist attraction. We're just regular people - nothing special. In fact, none in the family care to know about this information. Maternal-line is J1C1.

Royal Neanderthal line ???
'Phi' is associated with 'I ' ??? what do you mean by Phi ??? Visigoths ? how,when,why ???
what does Seleucus have to do with Aesir-Vanir ???? :startled:
who is Gerda the frost giant beauty ????
Rothchilds are Neanderthal ????

I commend you for your creative imaginative powers, try writing, Tolkien and George RR Martin won't stand a chance against you. :grin:

My IQ is high. INFJ personality, so don't lie, based in truth. Masters of Economics and Strategy from a top 25. Never really used it, found out investment banking was corrupt, just couldn't trade my soul for wealth. I digress, just a regular land worker, now. Please research each item I posted. Phi is huge. Used to build the pyramids, which were built across the world in a a Fibonacci sequence. Try GoldenNumber.Net (Everything posted has been deeply examined elsewhere on the web - just copy/paste to see). Thanks for the thumbs up on the writing style, pretty sure it's phi.

Here's a neat thing on 'Phi.' It's said that anything that 'gives radiation' has 'consciousness.' So, all the planets are thinking about stuff. Not exactly 'easy to grasp' at first - keep going.

Search for the website, 'human resonance dot org' and look at what's happening. Then you'll understand Phi, Fibonacci, Resonance and 'frequency.' These are the reasons why one might start hearing things like, 'Electric Universe' or 'String Theory.' If you haven't seen the Double-Slit experiment on YouTube, it's 'Wake-Up 101.'

Also, there are other sources w/equally extravagant ancient burials. Robert Sepehr's books, Species w/ Amnesia, Gods w/ Amnesia.
Also, see the 'Red Lady of Paviland.' Don't forget the Atlaltl, an armor piercing weapon from 40,000+ BC. Also, the Double Eagle Head from Sumeria, S. America, Rome, Russia and elsewhere.

Phi is also associated w/ the 17th letter of Hebrew and 'the divine spark.' Jesus said that Peter held the 'keys to Heaven.' Peter = Phi Tyre, but also 'Pater, Vater,' which = 'Father.' Secret behind the Tyre = Father... Through 'righteousness,' one can 'see through.' Thus, righteousness was the 'High King,' and assigned the number '3,' signifying Truth and Righteousness, both.

Take 3 * 3 and we get '9,' which = 'The Father.' So, 3*3 (way to the Father) is the secret to 'ascension,' or 'getting above the Fray.' (Gives meaning to 'Freyr,' which is really metaphor for 'Fray Ur). People 'personified' the 'energies' back then. Yep, they 'knew how it worked. Today, all we know is their number, '322.' It signifies, 'Order Through Chaos,' a Discordian management style that emulated Economic's 'Law of Diminishing Returns.' At the time of 'Medusa,' the elites knew their 'stuff' wasn't working (maternal order, tried to control chaos). Switched to Zeus and the 'new gods.' Whole idea was based on 'Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen and how to control that.'

NASA and other 'agencies' are saying Saturn's N. Pole is the 'Father.' Mom is Saturn's S. Pole. Primordial Purple Dawn of Creation under Saturn, the 1st Sun. Ecclesiastes 11:7, take a look. Said that Saturn's frequencies stimulate Enceladus (named after the Sumerian, Enki) into forming geysers and 'shooting seeds.' 1st Enceladus seeds on Earth created the Neanderthal hominid. Millions of years ago, imho. More recently, Cro-Magnons arrived via a combination of energies from Sirius, Saturn, Jupiter and the Sun. The Sun literally reflects light from Sirius and Sirius controls Nile flooding. Venus also reflects the Sun's light, so also light from the Pleiades system. Atlanteans would have been Pleiadians and later, Pelgrasians.

Melchizedek was an 'I' guy too. (Zedek means Jupiter). Transferred the priesthood to Abraham (IJ), who was the paternal father of the 'new' groups of Is and Js. Why? Jupiter was hit by a comet at the same time - 'he' was considered 'dead.' Well, that was Jew Vater, King of Righteousness. A 'spear of destiny' pierced him (Science today says Jupiter still gives frequency, so Jupiter lives). New kind of 'hue man' had each others' DNA, Js had some I, Is had some J. Kings were supposed to be I, priest were supposed to be J. Over time, Js took over. Founded Rome and subverted the 'Is' Etrusca. Rome was the East India Company and all the fake royal families that subverted the real royals long ago. Lombards, Venetians, Black Nobility and Romans, all the same sect of extreme Saturn worship. Zoroastrians warned about Saturn worship, whatever - didn't take.

Last thing is the Pineal Gland. If one is practicing "3x3" AND desires belief in God, one's Pineal will eventually vibrate faster, which leads to greater and greater empathy and awareness - and eventually, 'sainthood.' Along the process, the 'divine spark' occurs. For them, it always Rain. Ray In... (the game, Ray Man). It's said that 'Tinnitus' is the 'spirits' trying to make contact. How many know that 'Tinnitus' was discussed among the Babylonians and Assyrians. (People think it's a new ailment). Everyone has it to some degree and for some, the frequency is always there (articles on, 'Is it God?). My coat of arms highlights the 3rd Ray, considered the 'one in the middle,' the 'righteous ray from Saturn.' The P-Ray. Science has distinguished the frequencies emanating from Saturn, the Father and Mother are different and unique from the Sirius Rays. Saturn is the Elohim, El (9) + Ohim (8). 89... 8+9=17=1+7= 8 = Infinity. Numerology, it's a big deal - "numbers have energy." Even made words based on 'energy.' May Flower, whereas 'May' signifies the 'perfect person' and y'all know the 'Flower of Life.' Also, 'May Sun.' They tried to bury it, but the 1st 'Cross Mass' was held on May 3rd... So, 5/3 = 'Perfect Righteous Guy.' As one's going up 'the righteous ladder,' remember to reserve the number '6' for God and skip to the 'spiritual realm,' which starts at 7. Top 'meter' of the pyramid was removed. Hope so, because 'Meter' was once the name for God, perhaps 'reserving the top for him.' Then again, before 'Meter' was God, the Feet and Inches were God. So, there's that... Perhaps a God Change to coincide w/ Egyptus seeing Danaus flee Egypt with all 'his people.' The re-beginning of Arcadia followed, in addition to the re-fortification of Troy (documented all over).

Nobody knows the origin of the Is. In Sanskrit, Maya means, 'End of Illusions.' Happened in 2012 and that's when this information really started flowing. Scientists say the Internet is 'RA.' Who knows. Either way, I don't take this stuff lightly, still very surreal to me too. Everything I write here corresponds to others' information. Just trying to save people time by giving all the main ideas in a 'connected-way.' Can connect everything they've done leading right into the Council on Foreign Relation, the Royal Institute and modern corporations. Veil of Isis = Lies 9 layers deep. It's a 'spiritual construct' to keep you out.

Actually, search this instead:

"Orion Infrasound Pyramid at Resonance"

Leads to the best one...

BaRollo, let's stay on topic here. Specifically, are you saying that you and some other suspected descendants of the noble Basset family (which includes Francis Basset, among others) tested as I2-M223? Do you have a link to the pedigrees of yourself and those who match you? The Bassett DNA Project looks like a lot to parse, so maybe you can save me some time here. I do see a "Bassett of Wales" I2 branch, but they're I2-L38, a close cousin of I2-M223.

Thanks, Sparkey. Just trying to find our origin, something I can prove.

Here's an obscurely famous or famously obscure I2:

Col. Michael Christian Garber (1813-1881), a Virginian by birth who became a Free Soil newspaper publisher in Madison, Indiana and an early organizer for the Republican Party in his district. Was known for his strong opposition to Copperhead Democratic Senator Jesse D Bright over the slavery question, in the course of which he was stabbed by one of Bright's supporters. As a vindication, Garber was invited to be present in the Senate Chamber when the vote was taken to expel Bright from the U.S. Senate for his Confederate sympathies.

Served the Union during the Civil War as a quartermaster. Was promoted for "gallantry" (unusual in that position I think :)) at Mill Springs, Kentucky and promoted again after serving under Banks in the Red River campaign to become Quartermaster of the Army of the Tennessee. As a Union quartermaster, the latter post must have been the most demanding of any theater in the war due to the effectiveness of Nathan Bedford Forrest and his cavalry in cutting off supply routes. Garber finished the war as Quartermaster in the field for Sherman's combined army, which he accompanied in its march from Savannah, Georgia to Washington DC.

The STR of Garber's family is a very close match for my own, and since we bear the same surname that would almost certainly make him an I-BY446 (I2C1a2a1a).

Have you guys considered Bill Gates? His first known paternal ancestor according to geni is Eustace Gates b. 1580 High Easter, Essex, buried 1626 Coney Weston Suffolk. Family Tree DNA mentions as I-M223 Eustace Gates, b. 1566 Coney Weston. Once mentioned on the list as died in 1592. Some differences, but who knows.

Have you guys considered Bill Gates? His first known paternal ancestor according to geni is Eustace Gates b. 1580 High Easter, Essex, buried 1626 Coney Weston Suffolk. Family Tree DNA mentions as I-M223 Eustace Gates, b. 1566 Coney Weston. Once mentioned on the list as died in 1592. Some differences, but who knows.

It seems to be the same ancestor, with a different birth date estimate. Here is the pedigree for one of the I2-M223 Gates: http://www.ysearch.org/gedcom_show.asp?uid=&viewuid=MGQC9&lastname=&startposn=256

Same immigrant ancestor (Stephen Gates m. Ann Neave or Veare) as Bill Gates. He descends from a different son of that ancestor than Bill Gates, so it's a very distant cousin, but it's a promising lead, I'll try to research it sometime soon.

This thread has been viewed 223569 times.

Back