Your opinion of italians

On italian looks

• Total voters
The flirtation might be different than say...a German, but their sobriety compared to Southern Italians is notable. They are a much more serious, industrious, and ordered people compared to the South. Compare even the state of industry and business in prosperous Northern Italy, with the economically backwards South. Naples has a 30 percent unemployment rate.

They aren't as "nuclear" as central Europeans either, yeah.

yep, we arent excessive gregarious like southern italians, also when in a room with southern italians in southern italy, you can perceive only their noises, while the presence of northern italian is more discrete, and less noisy, like most central and northern europeans..
...we could appear "more depressed", but i wouldn't change their exuberance with our more industrious sociocultural texute.. (however i belive some theoris of meridionalism, that with the unity of italy, southern italy's financed were stoled from piedmonteses.. so the unity was negative for them)

You are obviously unaware of most research and I think you've never seen a global genetic plot. Keep your facts XD

Oh, and the post was for Julia, not for you, So it seems you finally care despite of your words.
Global genetic plot? O__O

I don't see how it's possible for Southern Italians to cluster closer with Semites and not their fellow countrymen. Your incredibly stupid, totally disregarding the fact that co-ethnics ALWAYS cluster closer to each-other than to another group of people.

Northern Italians and Austrians are very close in autosomal tests concerning their affinities with West Asia/the Caucasus, that's what I noticed checking the few Austrian samples available. The main difference is that Austrians share more alleles with Northern Europeans, while Northern Italians do so with Southern Europeans. If I have to guess (because I never visited Austria), I would say that both populations are very similar in their facial traits, but Austrians have surely lighter pigmentation.

THIS is funny. Difference in pigmentation? They're RIGHT beside one another. Northern Italians share the same pigmentation as Central Europeans including Swiss/Austrians. Central/Southern Italians are more like Croats, Greeks, Albanians, Serbians, Bosniaks, etc...

Are you really surprised that N.Italians and Austrians are close in autosomal testing? They are RIGHT beside each-other after all.

Central Europe area, as taught to my father, his father and to myself ( in Italy and Australia) is the following countries/regions
Slovenia
Austria
Northern Italy
Switzerland
Baden
bavaria
Czech
Freiburg
Wirtenburg
and Hungary

I might have missed one or two regions ( maybe wurzburg and alsace )

Linguistic profesors say, central and southern Italy speak Gallo-Italic and northern italians speak Gallo-Iberic
Check La Spezia-Rimini line

humh... i don't know if austrians look like northern italians.. i think not.. i've always conisdered austrians as northern europeans germanic, and not central europeans.. northern italians should look much more like swiss and french

here's a map i made morphing footballplayers from europeans ethnicities.. if if it's a bit off topic
the italian one is both of northern and southern italians.. so it couldn't help much

Global genetic plot? O__O

I don't see how it's possible for Southern Italians to cluster closer with Semites and not their fellow countrymen. Your incredibly stupid, totally disregarding the fact that co-ethnics ALWAYS cluster closer to each-other than to another group of people.
Another insult. It's the second time, I told Kardu but he can't do anything. Please moderators...thanks!

I don't see what's wrong with the Souther Italians, their looks, traditions and especially their mentality (which remarkably similar to Albanian)

I don't see what's wrong with the Souther Italians, their looks, traditions and especially their mentality (which remarkably similar to Albanian)

i'm ok with soutehrn italians living in central and northern italy, because they after 10 years can take our menatlity, and i have no problems with albanians here that after the same years can take our mentalities.. but having contact with meridionals in central and northern italy, it's different then immerging in their culture in their land.. when all of their charachetr is more exagerate.. we have different mindset, and culture.

i'm ok with soutehrn italians living in central and northern italy, because they after 10 years can take our menatlity, and i have no problems with albanians here that after the same years can take our mentalities.. but having contact with meridionals in central and northern italy, it's different then immerging in their culture in their land.. when all of their charachetr is more exagerate.. we have different mindset, and culture.

I am not offending you, but there are cultural divisions in Italy the same as there are in switzerland, austria, germany, spain etc etc. Its not an issue its just the difference of culture of people.
Culture can be as simple as what is eaten, example, my father ( and relatives ) did not eat lamb for the first until he was in his 50s ( and he has only eaten it twice since), it was pork with everything, any casserole, be it chicken, peasant, duck, goose, turkey, quail all had pork in the casserole as well. Risotto is eaten far more than pasta with my family/ies.

Also, historically, germans are not classified as central europeans only northern europeans, the bavarians who created the austrians are central europeans, its only because bavaria is in germany now that germans are also called central europeans ( which in my opinion is wrong)

Why wouldn't you? O__O

It's their country as well. North/South, same thing. And yes, Albanians would be close to Southern Italians in terms of culture. Well, the Christian ones anyways.

humh... i don't know if austrians look like northern italians.. i think not.. i've always conisdered austrians as northern europeans germanic, and not central europeans.. northern italians should look much more like swiss and french

here's a map i made morphing footballplayers from europeans ethnicities.. if if it's a bit off topic
the italian one is both of northern and southern italians.. so it couldn't help much
They do share the same looks for the most part. Italy DOES have Germanic/Celtic input up north and in some Central areas. Austrians are Central Europeans along with the Swiss, who are Germanic as well.

yep, we arent excessive gregarious like southern italians, also when in a room with southern italians in southern italy, you can perceive only their noises, while the presence of northern italian is more discrete, and less noisy, like most central and northern europeans..
...we could appear "more depressed", but i wouldn't change their exuberance with our more industrious sociocultural texute.. (however i belive some theoris of meridionalism, that with the unity of italy, southern italy's financed were stoled from piedmonteses.. so the unity was negative for them)

I would say instead of "depressed" that you are more refined and dignified. Southern Italian life has a sort of rustic roughness that isn't to be found in the North. I find Northern sobriety to be far more appealing.

Why wouldn't you? O__O

It's their country as well. North/South, same thing. And yes, Albanians would be close to Southern Italians in terms of culture. Well, the Christian ones anyways.

There isn't a notable distinction in culture between Muslim and Christian Albanians, so culturally all Albanians are similar to Southern Italy (especially Albanians in Albania and Monte-Negro).

So, let me get this right. You would prefer an Italy with a single mentality, uniform? Where everyone thinks the same,acts the same ect basically with no colours?

Also the fact that Southern Italians can adapt to a Northern life style just shows that there is no significant difference between South and North. If the people who're born North would have been in South they would probably act the same and have the same mentality as the Southerners.

So be happy for the diversity, not sad :p

What makes Italy interesting in my point of view is it's diversity. I

There isn't a notable distinction in culture between Muslim and Christian Albanians, so culturally all Albanians are similar to Southern Italy (especially Albanians in Albania and Monte-Negro).

Italy should strongly guard against Moslem Albanian immigration. Also, white slavery has gone up tremendously in Italy from Eastern European countries in general.

Northern Italians and Austrians are very close in autosomal tests concerning their affinities with West Asia/the Caucasus, that's what I noticed checking the few Austrian samples available. The main difference is that Austrians share more alleles with Northern Europeans, while Northern Italians do so with Southern Europeans. If I have to guess (because I never visited Austria), I would say that both populations are very similar in their facial traits, but Austrians have surely lighter pigmentation.

Not really northern italians look just like central Italians, and a few could pass maybe for slovenes, but they dont look like austrians at all, at least not racially-wise, austrians are nearly undishtingable from bavarians.

It has nothing to do with being more central/northern european, portugueses for example are notable for being more depressed/less vivid than spaniards, and I hardly doubt they are really more northern european genetically wise than spaniards.

Italy should strongly guard against Moslem Albanian immigration. Also, white slavery has gone up tremendously in Italy from Eastern European countries in general.

well the albanians i have seen here, act as non-muslims.. for examples their womean are dressed like us, in an occidental way, they drink beer and eat pork too.. they are non religious

Italy should strongly guard against Moslem Albanian immigration.

Why? They have diseases or smth like that? Or are they gonna blow up themselves just for fun cause they are muslems? Or they're going to convert Italy to Islam or take over the Italian government in the next 100 years?

You have no idea about Albanians at all. All you know is what bulls**t you've read on the internet and some stereotypical behaviors because they're muslems. If you'd come into Albania you wouldn't even be able to notice who's muslem and who's not.

You're pretty much saying "I'm not racist. Racism is a crime and crime is for black people"

Although I try to avoid it, many times I fall to political issues, nationalistic Issues

Firtst of All who is Italy? what Area is Italy?

the term is after Greek Isalos Ισαλος, Italy stopes at North of Rome, Italian North is not Italy,
Until Garibaldi All historians Name Itally south and Central parts of the peninsula, Especially east Romans consider Venice Lombardia and Savoia wtc as non Italians,
So first you judge with modern criteria and not Historical
Modern Italy's North is divided in 2 major parts, the Germanic-Balcanic who mostly use venice as port, and Italo-Celtic who mainly use Genoa as port, Central Italy is mostly Italo-Celtic and south is a strange case,
Infact South Italy for me has more diversities and is more multicultural,
South Italy has not only Meditterenean culture from all the inner sea but also North European and some areas in south reminds me more North Europe population than North Italy , In palermo still you can find Normans and Scan from medieval times.

Besides a good question is how much ASIAN is the North? considering that the biggest migration in Italy were Greeks and !!!! ETruscans

Now the case of Albanians is another story,
I find them very bold and daring leaving their homes to go to work wherever and whatever, in 90's they walked tenth of miles to find a work in Greece, walking over half a meter snow sometimes, and many of them have the besa and are good workers
On religious matters the ones who are from cities towns are non fanatic, the problem is from some areas were religious foundamental revived after the fall of Hodza, cause the old dictator manage to control it but today seems to revive,

the other case is worldwide and has nothing to with Albanians but with Kain's curse,
Albania has an inner law among families and castes, which forces criminals to go abroad, mainly as illegal immigrants,
that is common to every country, remember at 1900's criminal of Europe escape to US and australia was build by convicts of British empire

and Endri I have been and you know that are areas that even you, don't go with fear

In my opinion northern Italians most closely resemble west-central European types (French, Austrians, Swiss), while southern Italians are most similar to Greeks and other East Med peoples. Central Italians are somewhat intermediate but closer to the north, I think.

This thread has been viewed 90963 times.

Back