Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a
mtDNA haplogroup
T2f
http://euobserver.com/social/22968

"a new study suggests that racism has increased in Europe, particularly towards the Roma community, Muslims, Jews and immigrants."

From my experience in Greece and England, this may be true but I sort of thought that Germany and especially France knew better. France in particular, I thought of as the epitome of an immigrant-welcoming nation (certainly polls in the past had shown that a great deal of French people viewed immigration as a positive thing).

Do you think this is a problem? I used to think it is related to the crisis but anti-Muslim hysteria in Britain I don' think has anything to do with it...

EDIT:
http://euobserver.com/tickers/117466

I despair for Greece...

Yes, I have noticed various bits and pieces on the net that suggests unrest against immigrant people. I personally feel it owes a lot to the financial state of many
countries, people always look to blame some-one for hard times and after the governments, immigrants are usually next on the list.
In Britain many came from West Indies in sixties but seeing as how Britain was building up again in regards to housing and work, after the war, there were jobs and school places for all. To-day we have less to go around, regardless of what figures say, and those coming from other countries tend to be targeted unfortunately. On the other side of the coin Britain does act against racism and it is not looked on lightly.
Then of course there is, as always has been, that age old "suspicion" of different religious beliefs that usually cause some to act in negative fashion.
None of this is peculiar only to Britain, it seems as you say, to be evident in quite a few countries.

I noticed that too. It's mostly related to boom/bust cycle in economy. I'm an immigrant, I should know. ;)
Although, antimuslim and antisemitic sentiments persist regardless of the cycles.

Is it racism ?.........or a need to defend ones culture or language ?

The old saying is ...............he who does not defend their culture is ripe for slavery

tribal culture is far older than religion or nationalism by many, many centuries

Is it racism ?.........or a need to defend ones culture or language ?

The old saying is ...............he who does not defend their culture is ripe for slavery

tribal culture is far older than religion or nationalism by many, many centuries

Sensationalistic rhetoric aside (how does one become a slave from immigration?), why do you need racism to defend your culture and language? it's not that every non-native is seen in a negative light. There are particular groups that are at the centre of discrimination.

RaCism
Racism is to beat your wife cause allah say so,
Racism is to have 4 wifes whle another none
Racism is to change a school diet or an army diet cause you don't eat pork or beef.

RACISM IS TO BE JOBLESS CAUSE A NON PAPER SLAVE JUST CAME FROM ABROAD AND WORKS WITH NO INSURANCE STAMPS
RACISM IS TO SLEEP WITH WINDOWS CLOSED AND SEALED IN 42 FROM FEAR.
RACISM IS TO AFRAID GO FISHING

the ultimate form of racism is
TO GO FOR A WORK AND DON"T HIRE YOU CAUSE YOU ARE FROM THE COUNTRY AND YOU MAY ASK FOR STAMPS.
Example
when you have the experience to reject you in Europe by another European and he hires foreigner so not to pay insurance stamps is the ultimate racism
REJECTED OR HIRED FOR ILLEGAL PROFIT.

You have an absurd definition of racism, Yetos.

Racism is to beat your wife cause allah say so,

Nope. Cultural sexism, maybe.

Racism is to have 4 wifes whle another none

Nope, that's polygyny.

Racism is to change a school diet or an army diet cause you don't eat pork or beef.

Nope, that's a religious exemption. Possibly, it's one taken too far, if it's applied to others, not just the group that requires the exemption. But it certainly doesn't seem to be motivated by racism, even if that has happened.

RACISM IS TO BE JOBLESS CAUSE A NON PAPER SLAVE JUST CAME FROM ABROAD AND WORKS WITH NO INSURANCE STAMPS

Wrong again, that's perhaps a flaw in immigration policy, not motivated by racism.

RACISM IS TO SLEEP WITH WINDOWS CLOSED AND SEALED IN 42 FROM FEAR.
RACISM IS TO AFRAID GO FISHING

Well, I suppose you could be so afraid because you're a racist... sure. :LOL:

Sensationalistic rhetoric aside (how does one become a slave from immigration?), why do you need racism to defend your culture and language? it's not that every non-native is seen in a negative light. There are particular groups that are at the centre of discrimination.

immigrants loose their culture once they immigrate and the ones that do not, endevour to change the culture ( customs) of the race that are initially there, these are also RACISTS.
Even accepting into law, customs of these immigrants is racism by immigrants. So if you want to immigrate, then the best and only way is to leave all your cultural customs and everything else behind.

There is also discrimination within ones nation because of historical cultures ......one culture dominating the other cultures within a nation. Since nationality only started in the 18th century, then who is too demand that this culture is the culture of this nation.

The only true democracy is a nation made of autonous regions within that nation...basically a confederation.

There will always be racism because humans are born with a tribal mentality

You have an absurd definition of racism, Yetos.

Nope. Cultural sexism, maybe.

Nope, that's polygyny.

Nope, that's a religious exemption. Possibly, it's one taken too far, if it's applied to others, not just the group that requires the exemption. But it certainly doesn't seem to be motivated by racism, even if that has happened.

Wrong again, that's perhaps a flaw in immigration policy, not motivated by racism.

Well, I suppose you could be so afraid because you're a racist... sure. :LOL:

I agree to all your notes,
But you have to agree with me,
Racism starts when a society or a culture even a class is in danger.
Racism starts when you accept the different, but the different does not accept you, and force you or ask you to be and live like it does.

AND I ASK

when you force a Eu woman to wear a burka in Islam country is not racism? is religion?
if a European tourist wear her national costumes will she be driven to a judge insulting Sharia law?
Then why is racism when you ask a woman to get rid of burka in Europe?

if I beat my wife police arrest me.
if I beat her in name of Allah then is religious right?

immigrants loose their culture once they immigrate and the ones that do not, endevour to change the culture ( customs) of the race that are initially there, these are also RACISTS.
Even accepting into law, customs of these immigrants is racism by immigrants. So if you want to immigrate, then the best and only way is to leave all your cultural customs and everything else behind.

There is also discrimination within ones nation because of historical cultures ......one culture dominating the other cultures within a nation. Since nationality only started in the 18th century, then who is too demand that this culture is the culture of this nation.

The only true democracy is a nation made of autonous regions within that nation...basically a confederation.

There will always be racism because humans are born with a tribal mentality

All modern nations and states in Europe are based after France Revolt,
at all or at least most of all minorities were recorded or had some freedom inside the new nations,
so with these way all cultures languages etc to survive.
but in modern Europe we might live the new cultures the non European cultures to force their law and culture.

I accept the different, But I don't want to live in a different or to turn my own in different culture in orders of 'no racism'

Europe is not USA,
Europe should defend it shelf, by changing her policies.

What we are seeing in our once European style America is the rising of Hispanics from Mexico swelling in numbers and entering Our political system. I think in a few more generation they will have control of America. In my mind Illegal Immigration from third world country's bring illnesses back that the western world has defeated. Illegal's are not having their health screened before they enter like legal immigrants
Where most western culture has curbed their growth rate by having less children these immigrants have as many as they want at tax payer expense eventually the numbers game will win out. I'm not racist I call it self preservation

And all you that will call me racist will be the first to ***** when you are over run asking how did this happen

What we are seeing in our once European style America is the rising of Hispanics from Mexico swelling in numbers and entering Our political system. I think in a few more generation they will have control of America. In my mind Illegal Immigration from third world country's bring illnesses back that the western world has defeated. Illegal's are not having their health screened before they enter like legal immigrants
Where most western culture has curbed their growth rate by having less children these immigrants have as many as they want at tax payer expense eventually the numbers game will win out. I'm not racist I call it self preservation

And all you that will call me racist will be the first to ***** when you are over run asking how did this happen

USA Australia etc were based in immigration,
simply once they manage to assimilate newcomers to new cultures,
US culture, Australia culture etc.

the problem is that after 70's newcomers want to make the country that accept them as the country they came from,
THAT IS KILLING DIVERSITY.

I'm not racist I call it self preservation

Preservation of one race (in this case white european) over other races, is a part of racism. A short step from segregation and apartheid.

They can preserve them selves in their own land

Over time all Americans will look alike and be blended. No need to get worrried. Hispanics have Spanish blood so in a few generations they will be no difference. Look at Salma Heyak, Eva Longaria, Ricky Martin, etc.

They can preserve them selves in their own land

And so can Europeans. Pack your suitcase and go beck to Europe. Leave America to natives (known as American Indians). They want to preserve themselves too.

And so can Europeans. Pack your suitcase and go beck to Europe. Leave America to natives (known as American Indians). They want to preserve themselves too.

Does that include you too?

What about the many millions of Latin American mestizos and mulattos?

Few Americans from Canada to Argentina can now claim pure Amerindian descent.

The land we call home was taken by force from the natives. It was a old European custom if you remember? That does not mean we must allow illegal's in we have like 12 million costing tax payers from medical cost to prisons child birth. Look the rest of the world is not America's problem I'm sick and tired of sending aid to 3rd world county's that hate us I'm tired of letting people into America that are our enemies HOW the hell do you allow people to stay in your country that are against everything your county stands for I think your going to see things changing for the better soon people are getting wise to this problem and will stand against it

The land we call home was taken by force from the natives. It was a old European custom if you remember? That does not mean we must allow illegal's in we have like 12 million costing tax payers from medical cost to prisons child birth. Look the rest of the world is not America's problem I'm sick and tired of sending aid to 3rd world county's that hate us I'm tired of letting people into America that are our enemies HOW the hell do you allow people to stay in your country that are against everything your county stands for I think your going to see things changing for the better soon people are getting wise to this problem and will stand against it

Illegal immigrants are a problem most countries face and I think we should work harder to to keep this to a minimum. Also the practise of employing illegal immigrants should carry a much harsher penalty to those who greedily take advantage of cheap labour and help discourage it, thus hopefully eliminating resentment towards those who do come in by the right and legal way.

As for those who choose America, do they not do so BECAUSE of what she stands for eg; freedom to practise your religion, equality etc. rather than because they are against America? Are they not also buying into the dream and wanting to be part of it rather than see it brought down? :)

Hope this used to be the case people came here to be part of America and many still do. But on 9-11 Muslims took to the street praising Allah for the attacks on America we have Mexican's flying Mexican flags on American soil. Many are hostile to our way of life but still come for the free tax payer hand outs they get and to push their Anti American Agenda here and all the while being protected by our tolerance laws. I have nothing against legal immigration of people who come to be Americans the problem now days here and Europe many don't these people provoke negative reactions which by the liberals is always deemed racism

This thread has been viewed 68183 times.

Back