Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proto-Greek

Yetos, I really don't like to repeat myself.
    Yes, Greek started as a religious language for liturgy and religious writing needs. It was used thereafter as a language of culture, diplomacy and trade, rhetorics and oratory, administrative and civil servants. It gradualy expanded mainly through education firstly to the educated people and then to the common ones, but it never had a status of an ethnic language, before the creation of the Greek nation-state. Today being used in the everyday life, is evolving to that degree that is showing itself nowhere alike in any perspective to the so called "Attic" language, which was labeled as Ancient Greek language.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus10 View Post
    Yetos, I really don't like to repeat myself.
    Yes, Greek started as a religious language for liturgy and religious writing needs. It was used thereafter as a language of culture, diplomacy and trade, rhetorics and oratory, administrative and civil servants. It gradualy expanded mainly through education firstly to the educated people and then to the common ones, but it never had a status of an ethnic language, before the creation of the Greek nation-state. Today being used in the everyday life, is evolving to that degree that is showing itself nowhere alike in any perspective to the so called "Attic" language, which was labeled as Ancient Greek language.
    Zeus I am tired of bad written fairy tales,

and I say Yes to you,

Greek and latin still are clergy words,

EURO
    ΕΥΡΩ

AS I SEE AGAIN ZEUS YOU TOLD US THAT GODS ARE BILINGUAL
    , AGAIN AND AGAIN

no more comment,

deny for deny with out a thesis is just spam.
    you may deny what ever uou want, who cares,

Religions are made by people so they carry the language of the firstmakers,
    YOU JUST PROVE TO YOUR SHELF THAT ONCE UPON A TIME GREEK WERE SPOKEN,

besides you said that Myceneans spoke an Asian language, and i just pass it

YES ZEUS10 MYCENEANS SPOKE AN ASIAN LANGUAGE, A LANGUAGE CALLED AS PROTO_GREEK THAT CAME FROM ASIA, A CLEAR ASIAN INDO_EUROPEAN LANGUAGE, either from steppe, either from minor Asia GEEK IS AN ASIAN LANGUAGE AS ALL IE LANGUAGES,
    you just admited your shelf that Greeks spoke that language,
    Clergy or not, That language was spoken all over the knpown world, due to colonisations and emporion,
    the rest is for you,
    don't deny your shelf one day,

for 3 days I see that you tell us nothing you just spam as a well trained propaganda agent so to have us brain wash.
    the answers are given tou you,

the rest is just spam, and I will make fun of it,
    haven't you something better to do, than the parriot?

PS
    accept it, Albanian is also Asian language
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    Zeus I am tired of bad written fairy tales,

and I say Yes to you,

Greek and latin still are clergy words,

EURO
    ΕΥΡΩ

AS I SEE AGAIN ZEUS YOU TOLD US THAT GODS ARE BILINGUAL
    , AGAIN AND AGAIN

no more comment,
    No Yetos, "Ancient" Romans were bilingual:

and this is so true that made Juvenal in his Satire VI (184-188, 191-196)
    reiterates his indignation against Roman women who prefer the usage of Greek over Latin:

Nam quid rancidius, quam quod se non putat ulla
    formosam nisi quae de Tusca Graecula facta est,
    de Sulmonensi mera Cecropis? Omnia Graece,
    cum sit turpe magis nostris nescire Latine....
    Quotiens lasciuum interuenit illud
    ζωὴ καὶ ψυχή, modo sub lodice relictis
    uteris in turba .
    and this was happening in the Western Rome(not the Eastern one-Constantinople) , whose catacombs are full of Greek inscriptions instead of Latin ones.

PS
    accept it, Albanian is also Asian language
    In the Bible was written:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word

and the word is a "track by the mouth" is "left behind" by the mouth/tongue" .

That was the reason the "Ancient" priests, named the WORD-->LOGO-S when they coined the Greek LA_NGUAGE.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

In a previous post you told us that,

I agree to Anatoly Fomenko, who argues that the conventional chronology is fundamentally flawed. Also I agree that the events attributed to antiquity actually occurred during the Middle Ages, but I can not decide the length of time that these events really occured after. To reach a definite conclusion you must be an expert in archicecture, linguistics, archeology and historiography at the same time, which I am not, but obviously I have noticed a huge discrapency betwen conventional history and real events. One thing I know for sure, is that the history of the human race , is not the one of the "ethne-s", but that of the religion and rulers, and in this regard to talk about especially proto-Greek and proto-Latin, is senseless.

and that,
    Church or trade language, diplomatic, administrative, working or intellectuals one, the so called "Greek" language, always appears as a vehicular language. It has been documented as a religious language on the very start:

and kept the same appearance in the secular literature, widely considered "Ancient" which "misteriously" has been writen many-many centuries after, like this oldest Iliad copy, which belongs to the 10-th Century AD.

or like this other "ancient" text:

Now you tell us that,

No Yetos, "Ancient" Romans were bilingual:

and this is so true that made Juvenal in his Satire VI (184-188, 191-196)
    reiterates his indignation against Roman women who prefer the usage of Greek over Latin:

and this was happening in the Western Rome(not the Eastern one-Constantinople) , whose catacombs are full of Greek inscriptions instead of Latin ones.

In the Bible was written:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word

and the word is a "track by the mouth" is "left behind" by the mouth/tongue" .

That was the reason the "Ancient" priests, named the WORD-->LOGO-S when they coined the Greek LA_NGUAGE.

YOU ALSO TOLD US THAT,

Why? Because this is all what we possess about "Ancient Texts", just Byzantine literature. As a matter of fact the PICTURE nr 2(previous post) was taken from a page from Venetus A, which represent the oldest known complete copy of Iliad that we possess:

Everything else we have about "Ancient Literature" is just small papyrus fragments like this one:

which also date the same period of time.

These texts seem very similar in appearance and most of all in language to the Septuagint ones, like the one I brought in the PICTURE Nr-1(previous post) Esdras in the Codex Vaticanus .
    or this other one:
    Codex Sinaiticus, a manuscript of the Christian Bible written in the middle of the fourth century, contains the earliest complete copy of the Christian New Testament

Now that I brought the references, I hope you stop doubting my integrity.

WHEN YOU FINALLY DECIDE WHEN GREEK WAS SPOKEN?
    BEFORE 1700 or after,
    WHEN YOU DECIDE WHO"S CHURCH LANGUAGE WAS GREEK

WHEN YOU DECIDE WHICH IS MORE ANCIENT THE NESTORS CUP OR THE ONES YOU SHOW US
    (TO YOU THEY ARE SAME AGE SINCE FAN OF ANATOLY)

WHEN YOU TELL WHICH CHURCH IN EURO TO ALSO BE WRITTEN THE ΕΥΡΩ WORD,

UNTIL THEN YOU ARE JUST A SPAMMER WHO SPAM ........

I AM TIRED OF YOUR ILLUSION THEORIES WITH GLOBAL CONSPIRACY OF CHURCHES EVEN FROM ZEUS TIME TO TODAY CHRIST AND ALLAH.
    I AM TIRED OF YOU TO TOLD THAT GREEKS NAVER INVADE AND NEVER COLONISE IN ANCIENT WORLD.

YOUR POSTS SHOW CLEAR WHAT IS YOUR INTENSION, UNDER WHOSE COMMAND YOU SPAM,

GREEKS WERE SLAUGHTER BY CHURCH IN THE CAMPS OF SCYTHOPOLIS

GREEK WERE THE VICTIMS OF CHURCH IN GREECE AND ALEXANDREIA,

CODEX THEOSIANUS AND A GREAT SAINT BASILEIOS OF CEASAREIA THEY SAID DEATH TO GREEKS,

AND NOW YOU TELL ME THAT CHURCH FORCE PEOPLE TO LEARN GREEK

TELKL US ZEUS WHY CHURCH SEND VELISARIUS TO KILL THE GREEKS IN SOUTH ITALY IF THEY DON"T BECOME CHRISTIANS

TELL US WHY JOHN OF EFFESUS IN A LETTER TO JUSTINIAN ( I THINK IN a NETHERLAND MUSEUM) SAY I MANAGE TO TURN 14 000 to the divine church but I have to kill 36 000.
    IN EPHESUS, ARTEMIS OF EPHESIANS,

AND YOU TELL THAT PEOPLE LEARN GREEK FROM CHURCH?

OFCOURSE YOU ALSO DENY THAT AND KEEP SPAMMING,

DO YOU DENY THE CRUELTY OF CHURCH AGAINST GREEKS?
    UNTIL 900 THEY KILL GREEK SPEAKERS AS PAGANS, AND YOU TELL ME THAT GREEK LEARN language FROM CHURCH?

in 1700 a catholic priest (abba Fourmont) came to sparta with permission of Sultan and greeds of church, and destroy the city, today we can not found Sparta cause Clergy destroy it to the ground.
    And you tell me that Greek is a clergy language?

simply your posts reflect your mental existance,

once you told us that we know Greek from papyrus and then you show us stones
    you never told us how old are they,
    once you told us about Anatoly and deny, and in the other you tell us about catacombs as they happened in 17th century,
    you tell us that Church (Polythistic, Paganist and Christian? are they the same?) learn the people Greek language, but you never heard that church killed Greek speakers.

To you as I see from your posts
    maybe Nestor's cup was written by a Christian priest,
    Pella katadesmos by a MONK
    and Alexander the great was a Bishop.

and I say again

EURO
    ΕΥΡΩ

is that also work of the church?

PS

ZEUS ARE TRYING TO TELL US HERE, THAT THE WHOLE EUROPEAN UNION IS UNDER CHURCH SUPERVISION?
    WHICH CHURCH?

ARE TELLING THAT ANCIENT WORLD WAS SO STUPID THAT LEARN LANGUAGE FROM CHURCH?
    ARE YOU TELLING US HERE THAT LATIN LANGUAGES AND GREEK LANGUAGES SPEAKERS ARE SO STUPID THAT LEARN LANGUAGE FROM A CHURCH, (YOU NEVER SAID WHO'S CHURCH?)

it is like telling us that from Portugal to Syria and from Egypt to Crimaia world learn a language from church? no wars happened, no colonisation, no naval battles, no invasions, no devastations.
    Then tell me which church is that so I can go to learn more,
    Maybe next time you tell us that ancient people stand at 4, and clergy learn to walk with 2 feet.

PS 2

'ΜΕ ΤΗΝ ΒΟΗΘΕΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΘΕΟΥ ΔΕΝ ΕΙΜΕΘΑ ΕΛΛΗΝΕΣ'
    'WITH THE HELP OF GOD WE ARE NOT GREEKS'
    THAT WAS SAID BY A FAMOUS SAINT IN HIS BOOK ΔΙΔΑΧΑΙ Γ' Saint KOSMAS AETOLIAN.

WHEN YPSILANTIS SAID NO WE ARE GREEKS at 1821, CHURCH PUNISH HIM.

AND YOU TELL ME THAT CHURCH learn Greek language to Greeks?
    Church told the people you are not Greeks
    and you tell me that GreeK 'is made in' church.
    Last edited by Yetos; 22-11-12 at 23:17.

My american friends would tell me that if you join a fraternity in the U.S. you need to learn how to recite the greek alphabet while holding a match upside down. A lotta burnt fingers im presuming.

Zeus don't forget about germanic *tungo, Old Latin dingua, Oscan fancua which are all cognates to "lingua". Also our "gjuhe" is clearly a cognate to γλώσσα since Arbereshe still pronounce it "gluha"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123