Reaction score
Ethnic group
Makedonian original
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b
it was 9/11/1989 when the gates of the wall after 28 years,

it was 22/12/1989 when the Minister of West and East Germany meet at Brandeburg gate,

wall110.jpg

wall101.jpg

yet this not the last wall in Europe, since exist another one in Cyprus,

PS
I wonder what happened and from unification movements, after that we have aytonomistic movements in Europe.

I was surprised as I thought the Soviet Union would outlast me. It was because of this fall that French President Francois Mitterand demanded the Euro. Wonder if it was a mistake?

I think that if I had been told when I was 13 that I would visit Poland, Hungary, (now former) Czechoslovakia, and a bunch of Warsaw-pact countries, I would have laughed. As for Mitterand, that great swindler, I think it's difficult to interpret what he really thought, as he experienced the German occupation first-hand, it might have been quite hard for him to accept that Germany would somehow take a leading role in Europe. Reading recent papers underlines that the fear of the German might, be it political or economical, is still recurrent and widespread.

Yes, both Thatcher and Mitterand were against a United Germany. He is purported to have said two Germanies is better than one or something like that. No one can foresee the future that is for sure.

This thread has been viewed 4788 times.

Back