Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ancient Dna Studies Wish List

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    12-11-12
    Posts
    21
    Points
    6,022
    Level
    22
    Points: 6,022, Level: 22
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.

    Ancient Dna Studies Wish List

    With the Holiday Season and New Year fast approaching what is everyone looking forward to on the genetics front?

    What is on your wish list? And what is your prediction as to what will be revealed?

    My wish list:

    1 - Y-Dna from the Wielbark and Przeworsk Cultures. Who was there? I1? I2? R1a-Z280, R1a-M-458, R1b-U106? Was it Eastern Germanic, Baltic, Proto-Slavic, or something inbetween? Where was the Slavic Urheimet?

    - prediction: Eastern Germanic. Mixed genetically. I1, I2, and R1b-U106 from Jastorf mixed with R1a-Z280 and some R1a-M458. Slavic Urheimet further to the East.

    2 - Any Mesolithic Y-Dna. Retest Cheddar Man! Wouldn't be amazing if anything descended from Haplogroup F wasn't in Europe at that time. Highly unlikely but fun to shake things up!

    - bet: All C! Haplogroup I arrives in the Neolithic. Ok to hedge my bet: some I.

    3 - Y- Dna from the Kemi Oba culture. Was R1b out on the steppe and part of the Yamnaya horizon?

    - bet: Yes, but the major incursion of R1b into Europe was through Anatolia and into the Balkans.

    stocking stuffers:

    1 - Ancestry Painting 2.0 at 23andme. Seriously how much longer. Roll it out!

    2 - A comprehensive study on Y-Dna in the Balkans. Sorely under-represented.

    3 - Anything on France! It's the black hole of genetic testing...


    Happy holidays to all

  2. #2
    Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    sparkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-02-11
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,270
    Points
    71,013
    Level
    82
    Points: 71,013, Level: 82
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

    Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by T101 View Post
    2 - Any Mesolithic Y-Dna. Retest Cheddar Man! Wouldn't be amazing if anything descended from Haplogroup F wasn't in Europe at that time. Highly unlikely but fun to shake things up!

    - bet: All C! Haplogroup I arrives in the Neolithic. Ok to hedge my bet: some I.
    I'd take that bet. My guess: Majority F descendants, including a majority I in Mesolithic Western/Central Europe. Some areas with majority E, but not Cheddar Man or his neighbors.

    Great list, by the way.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    12-11-12
    Posts
    21
    Points
    6,022
    Level
    22
    Points: 6,022, Level: 22
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    I'd take that bet. My guess: Majority F descendants, including a majority I in Mesolithic Western/Central Europe. Some areas with majority E, but not Cheddar Man or his neighbors.
    Haha... sure you're on. I love a long shot. And mostly all C for Mesolithic Europe is certainly a very, very long shot indeed! Drinks are almost certainly on me!

    It just strikes me that people are so complacent about Haplogroup I originating in Europe, and take it as almost gospel, when there is no evidence other than it being the best option.

    It reminds me of back in the day, when there was Spencer Wells and Nat Geo, and people making grand conclusions based on 'bikini' haplotypes and the frequency of haplogroups.

    During the LGM, R1b was in Spain, I y-dna was in the Balkans, and R1a was in the Ukraine, and to challenge any of those assumptions was viewed as heresy and ridiculed.

    Ftdna had all the R1a's as one group of close brothers originating in India and related to everyone from Iceland to India and everywhere inbetween. Ahhh... life was so simple back then! Good times!

    How far we've come... yet how little we still probably know. But that's what makes it so dam interesting and fun!

  4. #4
    Tabaccus Maximus Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Tabaccus Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-10-12
    Posts
    169
    Points
    10,333
    Level
    30
    Points: 10,333, Level: 30
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - SRY 2627
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1a

    Ethnic group
    Galo-Germanic Atlantic Fringe
    Country: USA - Texas



    Great question

    1. Published study on Y chromosome of 17th dynasty Egypt
    2. More research on France (I second that)

  5. #5
    בלי עין הרע Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Semitic Duwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-03-10
    Location
    BEHIND YOUR HOUSE WITH A FLAME-THROWER
    Posts
    210
    Points
    5,455
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,455, Level: 21
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-Z18271 (Kohen)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5

    Ethnic group
    Half-Jewish (paternal) & Half-British (maternal)
    Country: France



    Research about the relationship entertained between admixture and uniparental markers

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,073
    Points
    22,792
    Level
    46
    Points: 22,792, Level: 46
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by T101 View Post
    With the Holiday Season and New Year fast approaching what is everyone looking forward to on the genetics front?

    What is on your wish list? And what is your prediction as to what will be revealed?

    My wish list:

    1 - Y-Dna from the Wielbark and Przeworsk Cultures. Who was there? I1? I2? R1a-Z280, R1a-M-458, R1b-U106? Was it Eastern Germanic, Baltic, Proto-Slavic, or something inbetween? Where was the Slavic Urheimet?

    - prediction: Eastern Germanic. Mixed genetically. I1, I2, and R1b-U106 from Jastorf mixed with R1a-Z280 and some R1a-M458. Slavic Urheimet further to the East.

    2 - Any Mesolithic Y-Dna. Retest Cheddar Man! Wouldn't be amazing if anything descended from Haplogroup F wasn't in Europe at that time. Highly unlikely but fun to shake things up!

    - bet: All C! Haplogroup I arrives in the Neolithic. Ok to hedge my bet: some I.

    3 - Y- Dna from the Kemi Oba culture. Was R1b out on the steppe and part of the Yamnaya horizon?

    - bet: Yes, but the major incursion of R1b into Europe was through Anatolia and into the Balkans.

    stocking stuffers:

    1 - Ancestry Painting 2.0 at 23andme. Seriously how much longer. Roll it out!

    2 - A comprehensive study on Y-Dna in the Balkans. Sorely under-represented.

    3 - Anything on France! It's the black hole of genetic testing...


    Happy holidays to all
    i would like to know why have they not found any DNA in the 400 plus skeltons of the venetic, the 200 of the illyrians

    I would like to know if these east-germanics are really germanic or a archaic tribe that has disappeared

    see below hypothethical map


    at 1000BC was there slavs there or where they any ancient form of vandili confederation ? or do we beleive the slavs where in europe already?

    The area splits seem logical to me
    Father's Mtdna H95a1
    Grandfather Mtdna T2b24
    Great Grandfather Mtdna T1a1e
    GMother paternal side YDna R1b-S8172
    Mother's YDna R1a-Z282

  7. #7
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    23-11-12
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2
    Points
    70
    Level
    1
    Points: 70, Level: 1
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Zimbabwe



    cảm ơn vì chia sẻ bổ ích.............................

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    882
    Points
    12,327
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,327, Level: 33
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Id like to know the Isolated mtdna of the British Isles and there subclades
    Id also like to know the mtdna of Ancient civilizations :)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Anthro-inclined's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-11-12
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    226
    Points
    2,342
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,342, Level: 13
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 3.0%


    Country: Canada



    Any Ydna From Either The Aurignacian Culture Or Graveittan Would Be Amazing, But Alas YDna Seems To Be Extremeley Hard To Extract From Such Ancient Samples.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-01-17
    Posts
    33
    Points
    1,692
    Level
    11
    Points: 1,692, Level: 11
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%

    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4a1a1a





    I just want MORE results mostly autosomal tied in with Y and mtDNA to make sense if the older results.

Similar Threads

  1. New studies about Portuguese mtDna
    By luis77 in forum mtDNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-10-18, 10:32
  2. Nuristani DNA studies?
    By Taranis in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-02-18, 23:57
  3. Matching Ancient languages with Ancient tribes
    By zanipolo in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-07-11, 02:19
  4. List of Statistics
    By edao in forum European Economy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-05-11, 17:54
  5. Are genetic studies failing to deliver results ?
    By Maciamo in forum Gene Expression & Data Analysis
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-10, 02:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •