Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

I like that both opponents and advocates of interracial marriage here are in agreement that the government does not need to be involved in the question. I doubt that the trend of society as a whole to keep governments out of it will ever reverse, and I think that's a good thing.

I honestly don't have a strong opinion on the question of how things will progress naturally if governments are left out of the equation. There are just too many places, like rural China, where there are such large pools of unmixed people that we can't currently put any reasonable estimates on how long it would take them to mix. We'd need such an estimate to compare against a similar estimate of how often new races would pop up in order to answer the question that this thread is asking.

I will say that there are certainly particular locations in the West where mixed-race people will quickly become a majority, including my home state of California. There is little pressure to marry within one's own race here, and even less to marry within one's own ethnic group. In my family, the closest I've heard to anyone even mentioning any sort of opposition to marrying out of the group has come from my mother-in-law's side, who are recent immigrants from the Middle East. And even to them, white Americans are universally considered an acceptable group to marry into (they all like me very much!).

One interesting dynamic is that certain gender/race combinations are more likely to marry other gender/race combinations than others. I don't have a study handy, but I recall that Asian women are more likely than Asian men to marry non-Asians, and black men are more likely than black women to marry non-blacks.

The time frame of complete mixing wasn't specified. From posts and various people responses I gather that the time frame is seen from few hundreds to few thousands of years.
Obviously hundreds of years are not enough for full mixing. I would say that most people will be mixed already, but not looking photogenically very similar yet. There will be pockets of not mixed populations, mostly religious conservatives (and a village where Kardu becomes a dictator), the way Amish or orthodox Jews stay genetically preserved.
I'm guessing that around year 10,000 from now (roughly 400 generations), all people will look very alike, fully mixed. Of course, this is assuming that "designer" babies will be forbidden, and technology will shelter us from evolutionary forcing. With designer babies in the equation, people will be quite varied phenotypicaly. Kids might not look exactly like their parents anymore. Possibly we will see generational differences, a la fashion. Generation of mostly blond, followed by generation of mostly black kids.

From this post it, and few previous ones, it becomes obvious that you have difficulty recognizing and separating government programs, or restriction laws, which narrows choices of citizens, from government support and securing of freedoms for citizens, especially in Western World. There are things which government doesn't want to control, doesn't consider it vital to control, and grants freedoms of choice to citizens. This includes freedom of choice of ones spouse or a partner.

Again, to prove your point, please post one of the zillions of government programs designed to force citizens into intermarriages.

Where did I say 'force'? :)

Do you deny that antisegregation legislation and affirmative action facilitate mixing? Is it not a pressure that people get self-censored and are afraid to express themselves in order not to be called "racist" by totalitarian liberals like yourself, or worse get ostracized, fall victim of smear campaign, lose job etc.?

There will be pockets of not mixed populations, mostly religious conservatives (and a village where Kardu becomes a dictator), the way Amish or orthodox Jews stay genetically preserved.

Good one! :D :D

BTW, what's your ethnic background? Many people on the Eupedia do not shy away to share their origins with others.
I am sure even enlightened citizen of the world like yourself must have some remote village where his ancestors lived for centuries.

Where did I say 'force'? :)

Do you deny that antisegregation legislation and affirmative action facilitate mixing? Is it not a pressure that people get self-censored and are afraid to express themselves in order not to be called "racist" by totalitarian liberals like yourself, or worse get ostracized, fall victim of smear campaign, lose job etc.?
You sound exactly like a communist government totalitarian propaganda I grew up with. Demagoguery, paranoia and twisted reality.

Whatever dude, find this one program specifically designed. Otherwise you have nothing except your paranoia and fantasy word. Shouldn't be difficult to find, people believe there are zillions of them.
Would that happen without strong and directed pressure by the government? and zillion specifically designed programs?

Good one! :D :D

BTW, what's your ethnic background? Many people on the Eupedia do not shy away to share their origins with others.
I am sure even enlightened citizen of the world like yourself must have some remote village where his ancestors lived for centuries.
If you bothered to look into my profile page you would notice that I'm Polish.
And what village of my ancestors have to do with future of thousands of years from now or who future generations will chose to marry on their own free will?

I'd like to keep government as limited as possible, and I view all kinds state prohibitons or enforcements with skepticism. (to answer your question about intermarriage prohibition)

All right, can you explain me antisegregation legislation in this light, please?

Well, if you truly don't like state prohibitions and enforcements, then presumably you wouldn't have liked segregation, because it was laws promulgated by the state and enforced by the state that made it legal. They were commonly known as "Jim Crow" laws. Following the civil war and the freeing of the slaves many southern states passed legislation mandating or enforcing separation of the races: blacks could not go to the same schools, or sit in the same part of the bus, or use the same restaurants or rest rooms as white people. So, although black people descended from people who had been in the U.S. for hundreds of years and were American citizens, they were to be segregated or kept apart by force of law. I hope I don't need to tell you that although they paid taxes like everyone else their state or local tax funded facilities were far inferior to those for whites.

In the Brown vs. The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas case, the Supreme Court held that such laws were unconstitutional. The suit was brought on behalf of a little African American girl who wished to go to a school near her and not to the substandard "black" one.

Eventually, all such laws failed. A famous case involved a black woman known as Rosa Parks. Blacks were relegated to only a few back rows on buses. So, even if the "white" section was virtually empty, they had to stand if the "black" section was full. Rosa Parks went and sat herself in the "white" section and was arrested.

Americans would now come into contact with one another more frequently and on a more equal basis. That is emphatically not the same as a law that mandates intermarriage between the races. It's not even the case that it is encouraged through tax benefits or anything of that kind. The government doesn't interfere in this matter. It is a question of individual choice, and most Americans don't make that choice, although that number is increasing. There is more intermarriage with Asian Americans and Hispanic Americans. You were provided with the statistics upthread.

And what I am trying to say, and somehow it keeps falling on deaf ears, is that I'd like to keep the world diverse! Is it that difficult to understand? Do you want Italian identity, language and culture to disappear?

Well, who's saying you can't feel that way or teach your children to feel the same way? If you were living in America, I'd say "It's a free country.", believe whatever you want. Just be prepared to get an earful if you go around haranguing other people as to whom they should or should not marry.

No, I absolutely don't want the Italian identity, language and culture to disappear. However, I know enough history to know that identity, culture, and language are not static. Fifteen hundred years ago, my people spoke a form of vulgar Latin which only through the centuries developed into the Italian I speak today. Dante wasn't born, or Michelangelo, DaVinci, or Verdi, to name but a few of those who created "Italian" culture. In my particular area of Italy, the mountain people will still worshiping the statue stele, not Gesu Cristo. To bring it down to an absurd level, no one had ever even seen a tomato. :)

What will Italian culture and language be like in another 1500 years? I don't know, but even without the immigration of one single soul from outside the country, it won't be the same as it is today. How long ago did your culture develop into its present form? Was it the same four thousand years ago? I would bet not.

Last edited:
No, I absolutely don't want the Italian identity, language and culture to disappear. However, I know enough history to know that identity, culture, and language are not static. Fifteen hundred years ago, my people spoke a form of vulgar Latin which only through the centuries developed into the Italian I speak today. Dante wasn't born, or Michelangelo, DaVinci, or Verdi, to name but a few of those who created "Italian" culture. In my particular area of Italy, the mountain people will still worshiping the statue stele, not Jesu Cristo. To bring it down to an absurd level, no one had ever even seen a tomato. :)

What will Italian culture and language be like in another 1500 years? I don't know, but even without the immigration of one single soul from outside the country, it won't be the same as it is today. How long ago did your culture develop into its present form? Was it the same four thousand years ago? I would bet not.
Good point Angela. There is not even one culture which survived unchanged for one thousand years, or even if it is still the same culture based only on continuity of it? After one thousand of years the language is usually unintelligible with old one, religion is usually changed too, customs, cloths/fashion, music, etc.

I'm not saying, I don't like variety of cultures. It makes world more interesting and vibrant. The truth is that no matter what we do, cultures will change, will drift into something else.
For us who live rather short lives, the cultures seem static and symbols of identity. If we lived not tents but thousands of years, cultures would seem whimsical, ever changing, dying as soon as they are born. They would look more like a fashion, than status quo.

, no one had ever even seen a tomato. :)

......oh my goodness, tomatoes and potatoes.....how can I live without them? and they are south American in origin. Thank you Christopher. :)

You sound exactly like a communist government totalitarian propaganda I grew up with. Demagoguery, paranoia and twisted reality.

Whatever dude, find this one program specifically designed. Otherwise you have nothing except your paranoia and fantasy word. Shouldn't be difficult to find, people believe there are zillions of them.

And I have to say that you live in denial and wishful reality..

If you bothered to look into my profile page you would notice that I'm Polish.
And what village of my ancestors have to do with future of thousands of years from now or who future generations will chose to marry on their own free will?

Pity.. I havent expected it.
I have great many Polish friends and comrades, proud of their heritage and culture...

Hystorical process is dynamic and change is part of it, but one thing is a natural change, evolution when the general identity stays the same and another is a drastic change bringing erosion of the identity. If you refer to Georgians our identity is pretty much the same for the last 1500 years at least. Same language (I can read VI century texts without problem), same alphabet, same general orthodox christian culture. People also look pretty much the same as on millenium old frescoes.

If we'd sit idle and bow to numerous enemies we would have been assimilated long time ago. So the lesson of the history is, if you want to keep your identity you must actively defend and promote it.

Referring to the USA reality (although I've seen a similar thing in the Netherlands as well), are you aware of the phenomenon of 'White flight', Angela? What can you tell me about it?

And I have to say that you live in denial and wishful reality..
Would that happen without strong and directed pressure by the government? and zillion specifically designed programs?
Where is it? Did you just pulled it from your paranoid dreams?
You better keep searching, because I'm not going to drop it.

Last edited:
Hystorical process is dynamic and change is part of it, but one thing is a natural change, evolution when the general identity stays the same and another is a drastic change bringing erosion of the identity. If you refer to Georgians our identity is pretty much the same for the last 1500 years at least. Same language (I can read VI century texts without problem), same alphabet, same general orthodox christian culture. People also look pretty much the same as on millenium old frescoes.

If we'd sit idle and bow to numerous enemies we would have been assimilated long time ago. So the lesson of the history is, if you want to keep your identity you must actively defend and promote it.

You don't understand...no one would be your enemy. I can't explain to you a social reality which is so foreign to your experience . If you lived here with your family no one would care how much you celebrated the cultural identity that has developed among your people over the last 1500 years. You could speak your language with your family and friends, send your children to Georgian language classes or even set up a Georgian Orthodox school along the lines of the many Roman Catholic schools , publish a newspaper, start a public access television station, worship as you choose, get a permit for fairs and celebrations, you name it.

Still, when all is said and done, under normal circumstances your children would not approach these things with the same fervor, and your grandchildren even less so. It is happening even with the Greek Americans, one of the groups, in my experience, who have held on to a separate identity the longest, largely because they have a separate religious identity. Even Ashkenazi Jews are marrying out at the rate of 50%. In both cases, either both the traditions are practiced, or, usually, the non Greek or non Jewish partner converts. (It was different for Italians, the Irish, Poles, Hungarians, German Catholics etc. who all went to the same churches and the same Catholic schools in many instances.)

This is the inevitable result of people mixing at school, at work, and in social situations. It's also, in my opinion, a function of the fact that when people are oppressed the reaction is often to hold on to their separate traditions even more strongly. When that oppression is gone, sometimes the fervor lessens as well, although you may not believe it.

In a culture as inclusive and seductive as this one, the only way not to "blend" and "mix" is to totally wall your community off in the way that the Amish and the Orthodox Jews have done. No one would care or interfere, certainly not the government, but neither would the government help you in maintaining that community. That would be up to you.

Kardu:Referring to the USA reality (although I've seen a similar thing in the Netherlands as well), are you aware of the phenomenon of 'White flight', Angela? What can you tell me about it?

Yes of course I'm aware of it. It happens, usually in working class or perhaps lower middle class neighborhoods, when members of what you could call the black "underclass" rent apartments in the area, and white home owners panic and sell, often at below market rates, and the community "turns" over night.

That has nothing to do with the situation where a black lawyer or bank officer buys a home in an upper middle class white neighborhood, or where gainfully employed people of all races live in "mixed" neighborhoods. I assure you that no one flees in that situation. I'm afraid you may be taking too many of your images of America from movies and television shows.

I also don't see what this has to do with the fact that people are intermarrying at ever increasing rates in the U.S., although intermarriage with black Americans is still pretty rare.

I also don't see what this has to do with the fact that people are intermarrying at ever increasing rates in the U.S., although intermarriage with black Americans is still pretty rare.
Nothing really, but various inner fears coming out of Kardu. Most people cling to and cherish mostly the cultures they grew up in. For some reason people always believe their culture, they grew up with, is the best. The hyper tribal hunter-gatherer instinct, or should we say, syndrome or spectrum?

I have great many Polish friends and comrades, proud of their heritage and culture...
As human being I'm proud of many cultures, Polish included. I'm also proud of human achievements regardless of cultures. I'm proud of the past and looking forward to the future.
You, on the other hand, shouldn't left your village. The big free and ever-changing world is making you sick.

Being proud of heritage and culture does not mean 'militantly' excluding everything else in your life. I hope that most of us are proud of where they come from, history and heritage. I am also delighted to be able to eat Sushi, Cantonese, Indian and Georgian food in my area, and none of them are out of business ;).... a much nicer experience then I ever remember being a child and what was available then.

Where is it? Did you just pulled it from your paranoid dreams?
You better keep searching, because I'm not going to drop it.

Whole system is directed against group identities (although some groups are in better position than others).

I am not gonna drop this either: I am for diversity and multiculturalism. Why do you want to melt everyone in one gray mass? ;)

As human being I'm proud of many cultures, Polish included. I'm also proud of human achievements regardless of cultures. I'm proud of the past and looking forward to the future.
You, on the other hand, shouldn't left your village. The big free and ever-changing world is making you sick.

Sorry to diappoint you, I've never lived in avillage, and probably travelled the world more than you. :)

What makes me sick are the selfhating 'social justice warriors' of European heritage...

Being proud of heritage and culture does not mean 'militantly' excluding everything else in your life. I hope that most of us are proud of where they come from, history and heritage. I am also delighted to be able to eat Sushi, Cantonese, Indian and Georgian food in my area, and none of them are out of business ;).... a much nicer experience then I ever remember being a child and what was available then.
It has nothing to do with what I say. I love sushi too :)

This thread has been viewed 285730 times.

Back