Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 530

Thread: Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

  1. #401
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    One mixed population on the earth won't happen because majority of the world's population doesn't show inclination towards it. And to judge the tendency by few megapolicies where liberal indoctrination is high, is foolish.
    Totally wrong conclusion. You can only judge intermarriages by communities where races meet. Like mega-cities, and countries like Canada, US, Brazil, Russia or Mexico, and many others. You can't understand how it works from Japan example, where people of only one race live. On contrary to your observation, people mixed, mix, and will mix genetically in every racially rich place. This process is slower or faster but ever existing in every mixed population, and that's undeniable fact. Even the slowest mixing process will lead to fully mixed society, giving long enough time.

    Your approach is like judging people appetite (feelings) towards industrialization and technology pointing to poor versus rich countries. You would conclude that people in Peru, Zambia or any other poor country, are poor because they hate technology and technological progress. Or people in modern Chinese cities got indoctrinated in technology by totalitarian regime of China, but people in poor rural China live beautiful simple life in old true culture and tradition.

    Your method and conclusion are complete nonsense, they only point to your true feelings and agenda.


    World's resources are getting scarcer, do you exclude continuous military conflicts over them in the near future? What perspective does it pose for the global melting pot?
    Your parochial fears are coming out again.
    Here is how it really works. Technology creates ever more resources than we can consume. In neolithic we only used wood, stone, clay, water and copper. By iron age we started using iron, coal, cement (sand and processed lime), which gave us huge quantities of building material and metal. Fast forward to today, and now we use almost all earth's elements to build and construct. Technology is giving us many new sources of energy, some directly from sun rays. If we ever run out of coal or uranium, will have solar panels. If we run out of oil, we can grow new oil in the fields, or we switch to hydrogen. We can make our own sandstone blocks and glass out of ubiquitous sand. If we run out something on earth, with future technology, we can get it from the Moon or asteroids. Just few examples how technology saves humankind.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Totally wrong conclusion. You can only judge intermarriages by communities where races meet. Like mega-cities, and countries like Canada, US, Brazil, Russia or Mexico, and many others. You can't understand how it works from Japan example, where people of only one race live. On contrary to your observation, people mixed, mix, and will mix genetically in every racially rich place. This process is slower or faster but ever existing in every mixed population, and that's undeniable fact. Even the slowest mixing process will lead to fully mixed society, giving long enough time.

    Your approach is like judging people appetite (feelings) towards industrialization and technology pointing to poor versus rich countries. You would conclude that people in Peru, Zambia or any other poor country, are poor because they hate technology and technological progress. Or people in modern Chinese cities got indoctrinated in technology by totalitarian regime of China, but people in poor rural China live beautiful simple life in old true culture and tradition.

    Your method and conclusion are complete nonsense, they only point to your true feelings and agenda.


    Your parochial fears are coming out again.
    Here is how it really works. Technology creates ever more resources than we can consume. In neolithic we only used wood, stone, clay, water and copper. By iron age we started using iron, coal, cement (sand and processed lime), which gave us huge quantities of building material and metal. Fast forward to today, and now we use almost all earth's elements to build and construct. Technology is giving us many new sources of energy, some directly from sun rays. If we ever run out of coal or uranium, will have solar panels. If we run out of oil, we can grow new oil in the fields, or we switch to hydrogen. We can make our own sandstone blocks and glass out of ubiquitous sand. If we run out something on earth, with future technology, we can get it from the Moon or asteroids. Just few examples how technology saves humankind.
    You intentionally misinterpret my words.

    Technology will create drinking water as well? http://www.theguardian.com/environme...eat-terror-war

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Free world we live in http://reason.com/archives/2015/04/2...ch-in-britain/

    Some of you might recognize yourselves...

  4. #404
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    You intentionally misinterpret my words.

    Technology will create drinking water as well? http://www.theguardian.com/environme...eat-terror-war
    Don't you know, it already does. It could be produced by desalination of ocean water by evaporation or reversed osmosis.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis

    Actually your article is a good indication, how without technology people run out off important natural resource, which leads to misery and war. If you prefer, the natural way of things.

    On other hand, technologically advanced countries can create green oasis even in the desert. The best example is California, where 40 million people live in a desert in good standard of living. They use, dams, man made lakes, irrigation, water pipelines, and desalination plants. Other great examples are Israel, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, of how to make fresh water in a desert.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/science/c...t-goes-up-near

    I hope, it eases your fear of the future of humankind.

  5. #405
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    Free world we live in http://reason.com/archives/2015/04/2...ch-in-britain/

    Some of you might recognize yourselves...
    Who said that Western World is without it's own issues. It is only expected. Wherever more than one person lives we can expect conflicts of goals, opinions or views. To have better understanding, than judging reality from anecdotal evidence, we can look at statistics.

    Here is a global freedom atlas:
    http://freedom.indiemaps.com/

    Or stats from "Reporters Without Boarders":
    http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-inde...2012,1043.html


    Again, the Western World looks pretty good in this department.
    Do you fear the future a little bit less now?

  6. #406
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    713


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    Free world we live in http://reason.com/archives/2015/04/2...ch-in-britain/

    Some of you might recognize yourselves...
    I think this shows freedom of individual nicely..thankyou. Here we see people being entitled to physically look how they wish, or those who wish to practice a religion of their choice being able to do so and those who seek to ridicule or humiliate because of this are not encouraged to do so. We further can see, as you note, freedom of press and yes, freedom of speech exercised here via the press reporting their feelings on the matter.
    Enough with your nonsense.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I think this shows freedom of individual nicely..thankyou. Here we see people being entitled to physically look how they wish, or those who wish to practice a religion of their choice being able to do so and those who seek to ridicule or humiliate because of this are not encouraged to do so. We further can see, as you note, freedom of press and yes, freedom of speech exercised here via the press reporting their feelings on the matter.
    Enough with your nonsense.
    So you did recognize yourself as a sjw I see :)

  8. #408
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    Where does law of nature say that? :) As long as it serves the group survival, it's all good
    Thanks to human innovations and interventions with practices being taken up by people across the globe irrelevant to which 'race' has come up with the idea and practice initially.

  9. #409
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    What exploring other cultures has to do with the topic of this thread?
    One intertwined with the other

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Thanks to human innovations and interventions with practices being taken up by people across the globe irrelevant to which 'race' has come up with the idea and practice initially.
    Sure, and again, as long as it serves group survival it's all good :)

  11. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    One intertwined with the other
    Ok, whatever. I started to know other cultures since the age of 3 fyi.

  12. #412
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    713


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    So you did recognize yourself as a sjw I see :)
    No, but I did recognize freedom of individual being exercised...:)
    You are very good at trying to tag labels..perhaps you do so in an attempt to make your own views appear more credible...
    You are also something of a hypocrite, trying to pick holes in things which you have plainly said you would deny yourself and this generation and future generations...regardless if they wanted it. In fact if they wanted something which did not fit what you think is good for the group, then they would be "out". And what type of thing might that be...oh yes, things which threatened the group identity.... a little glimpse of an example to this might be viewed in post 359, perhaps.
    I wonder if Georgia knows you have made yourself custodian of it`s rights or as you say "whims". Did they elect you, Kardu...or is it a role you play out for yourself, I wonder? Your views are nothing more than dictatorship in the guise of group protection. Take care it is not you the group decide to put out, dictators are not always appreciated.
    By the way, save yourself from a one line reply...I attempted to open conversation and have had none from you..therefore I consider it closed and respond no more.

  13. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    No, but I did recognize freedom of individual being exercised...:)
    You are very good at trying to tag labels..perhaps you do so in an attempt to make your own views appear more credible...
    You are also something of a hypocrite, trying to pick holes in things which you have plainly said you would deny yourself and this generation and future generations...regardless if they wanted it. In fact if they wanted something which did not fit what you think is good for the group, then they would be "out". And what type of thing might that be...oh yes, things which threatened the group identity.... a little glimpse of an example to this might be viewed in post 359, perhaps.
    I wonder if Georgia knows you have made yourself custodian of it`s rights or as you say "whims". Did they elect you, Kardu...or is it a role you play out for yourself, I wonder? Your views are nothing more than dictatorship in the guise of group protection. Take care it is not you the group decide to put out, dictators are not always appreciated.
    By the way, save yourself from a one line reply...I attempted to open conversation and have had none from you..therefore I consider it closed and respond no more.
    The course of history is mostly directed by small activist groups. You as a leftist should know it more than others :) Dictatorship, extended state power and totalitarianism is also on your side of political spectrum. I personally despise masters and sheep alike.

  14. #414
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I think this shows freedom of individual nicely..thankyou. Here we see people being entitled to physically look how they wish, or those who wish to practice a religion of their choice being able to do so and those who seek to ridicule or humiliate because of this are not encouraged to do so. We further can see, as you note, freedom of press and yes, freedom of speech exercised here via the press reporting their feelings on the matter.
    Enough with your nonsense.
    I don't think the press should express an opinion. It's very easy for them to present the world in the way they want viewers to see it, which is scary. No one questions the way we give the news, which I think is wrong. We need to lessen the chances for biased to occur.

  15. #415
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    I don't think the press should express an opinion. It's very easy for them to present the world in the way they want viewers to see it
    , I'm not sure what problem you see in it. You present and share your opinion on World Wide Net every day. Generally people listen to opinions which they agree with anyway. If they find something they don't agree they change the channel. It is very difficult, sometimes impossible, to change someone's view.

    No one questions the way we give the news, which I think is wrong. We need to lessen the chances for biased to occur.
    They present it this way because most people like it this way. Having said that, personally I'm not happy with it.

  16. #416
    Elite member hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    713


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired14 View Post
    I don't think the press should express an opinion. It's very easy for them to present the world in the way they want viewers to see it, which is scary. No one questions the way we give the news, which I think is wrong. We need to lessen the chances for biased to occur.
    I think in general FH, the national news is reported in an impartial way and that all sides of any issue are covered and reported.
    I do think we can question how the news is given. In the U.K. there are independent bodies set up that deal with complaints regarding such.
    Freedom of the media is freedom of communication, something which I think is very important..consider, in some places there is censorship of press and there have been in other places, journalists who have been threatened and more sadly killed for trying to report on certain issues. I believe in a free press.. but I also believe that with this, comes responsibility.

    There are some who argue that at certain times the press may have tried to sway opinion. However, I don`t think this is as effective to-day as perhaps it may have been in the past...we have multiple ways to get our news, multiple opinions, reports etc that we can access. It is much easier to-day to get information and with this we are more able to take all things into consideration, thereby making better informed decisions.
    Last edited by hope; 28-04-15 at 17:11.

  17. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    "The model, developed by a team at Anglia Ruskin University’s Global Sustainability Institute, does not account for society reacting to escalating crises by changing global behaviour and policies.However the model does show that our current way of life appears to be unsustainable and could have dramatic worldwide consequences."


    http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-10336406.html

  18. #418
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    "The model, developed by a team at Anglia Ruskin University’s Global Sustainability Institute, does not account for society reacting to escalating crises by changing global behaviour and policies.However the model does show that our current way of life appears to be unsustainable and could have dramatic worldwide consequences."


    http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-10336406.html
    This model sucks. How can you assume that production methods, technology, food prices or business involvement in food production will be unchanged. Garbage in garbage out.
    If not new technologies, we would have run out of cheap oil and gas some time ago. But we didn't.
    If not new technologies, there wouldn't be enough food for all people already. New fertilizers, better irrigation, stronger and faster growing strands of wheat, better pest control, harvesting equipment, etc, etc.
    With new technologies, like building water desalination plants by Sahara desert, and irrigation system we can change all Sahara into food producing region. Few crops a year.


    The FAO found this year that over 5 per cent of the population in 79 developing countries would be undernourished.
    Aren't they already?

  19. #419
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-01-09
    Posts
    659


    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    This model sucks. How can you assume that production methods, technology, food prices or business involvement in food production will be unchanged. Garbage in garbage out.
    If not new technologies, we would have run out of cheap oil and gas some time ago. But we didn't.
    If not new technologies, there wouldn't be enough food for all people already. New fertilizers, better irrigation, stronger and faster growing strands of wheat, better pest control, harvesting equipment, etc, etc.
    With new technologies, like building water desalination plants by Sahara desert, and irrigation system we can change all Sahara into food producing region. Few crops a year.


    Aren't they already?
    Back in the real world, Subsaharan Africa will remain a sink of poverty till the problem of high population growth is tackled seriously.

    Which organisation is going to supervise and organise the transformation of the Sahara?

  20. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    874


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    New fertilizers, better irrigation, stronger and faster growing strands of wheat, better pest control, harvesting equipment, etc, etc.
    With new technologies, like building water desalination plants by Sahara desert, and irrigation system we can change all Sahara into food producing region. Few crops a year.
    Blessed are the believers

  21. #421
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    Back in the real world, Subsaharan Africa will remain a sink of poverty till the problem of high population growth is tackled seriously.
    And it is also problem of slow economic growth. Look at Germany, they have same population numbers as Egypt, but nobody lives in poverty.

    Which organisation is going to supervise and organise the transformation of the Sahara?
    I don't know, it didn't happen yet. It might be dealt like in oil case. Government sells/leases land to privet companies which grow food. This create need for fresh water, giving other companies incentive to build water desalination plants, and to sell water to agriculture businesses.
    Some of this model already exists in California. California is mostly a desert, but it is number one in food production in US. All grown with irrigated water from rivers and lakes. If we switch water supply from river to desalinated sea water, we can introduce this model to Sahara or any desert place which doesn't have rivers and lakes.




    http://seekingalpha.com/article/7001...y-a-long-story

    They coming in fast these days, and it is just the beginning. Expect totally green sahara in 100 years.

  22. #422
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,190


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    This model sucks. How can you assume that production methods, technology, food prices or business involvement in food production will be unchanged. Garbage in garbage out.
    If not new technologies, we would have run out of cheap oil and gas some time ago. But we didn't.
    If not new technologies, there wouldn't be enough food for all people already. New fertilizers, better irrigation, stronger and faster growing strands of wheat, better pest control, harvesting equipment, etc, etc.
    With new technologies, like building water desalination plants by Sahara desert, and irrigation system we can change all Sahara into food producing region. Few crops a year.

    Someone has to pay for all this, however. Just as one example, the current technology for getting the saline out of ocean water isn't cost effective. That's what all those petro dollars should be going for, not mansions for fat princes, or high end cars for everybody in certain principalities.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  23. #423
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-01-09
    Posts
    659


    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    And it is also problem of slow economic growth. Look at Germany, they have same population numbers as Egypt, but nobody lives in poverty.

    I don't know, it didn't happen yet. It might be dealt like in oil case. Government sells/leases land to privet companies which grow food. This create need for fresh water, giving other companies incentive to build water desalination plants, and to sell water to agriculture businesses.
    Some of this model already exists in California. California is mostly a desert, but it is number one in food production in US. All grown with irrigated water from rivers and lakes. If we switch water supply from river to desalinated sea water, we can introduce this model to Sahara or any desert place which doesn't have rivers and lakes.




    http://seekingalpha.com/article/7001...y-a-long-story

    They coming in fast these days, and it is just the beginning. Expect totally green sahara in 100 years.
    You are seriously comparing a stable US state like California with basket cases like Mali or Chad in the Sahara?

    Who will rule your mythical "Green Sahara", the Chinese or Gulf Arabs?

  24. #424
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    You are seriously comparing a stable US state like California with basket cases like Mali or Chad in the Sahara?

    Who will rule your mythical "Green Sahara", the Chinese or Gulf Arabs?
    Why not Chinese? They've already invested hundreds of billions in many enterprises in Africa. They can grow a lot of rice there for billions of hungry Asians and Egyptians.

    Every new technology is fairly expensive, cars used to be only for rich, computers were owned only by governments, roads used to be muddy and made of compacted ground, etc. Desalination plants already exists, they only will get cheaper in the future with improved technology.

  25. #425
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-01-09
    Posts
    659


    Country: UK - Scotland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Why not Chinese? They've already invested hundreds of billions in many enterprises in Africa. They can grow a lot of rice there for billions of hungry Asians and Egyptians.

    Every new technology is fairly expensive, cars used to be only for rich, computers were owned only by governments, roads used to be muddy and made of compacted ground, etc. Desalination plants already exists, they only will get cheaper in the future with improved technology.


    My point is that the greening of the Sahara will be in non-African hands.

    SS African poverty will continue because population growth is outstripping economic growth.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •