Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Epica View Post
    [/COLOR]Only to western society. If you visit the mid-east, arabic, african, and/or east asia interracial marriages are not considered anywhere near as acceptable as they are in the west. In fact, in some areas, even marrying below your social status can get people killed.
    It was exactly the same in Europe before 20th and 21st century. Europe could change, so can the whole world. Just a matter of time.

Regardless of western-sphere leftist propaganda - such leftists, unfortunately, have often never lived in different areas (visiting for a holiday doesn't count), have never truly experienced drastically different cultures from their own, nor bothered educating themselves on the ideology of other societies and thus remain clueless - portraying mixed relations in celebs, television, etc. a mixed "single race" will likely never happen. [/COLOR]
    Ah, here you are. The scared of the world, other cultures and other races conservative. Understandable why you don't want this to happen.
    Look into the history of GB and you will discover that GB is already a mix of ancient culture and races. Pagan Celts and Vikings, christian Anglo-Saxons, the Normans and Romans, and culture of ancient Greek in a mix. When we go back even farther, we find every europane to be a mixture of Middle Eastern Farmer, European Hunter Gatherer, and Steppe Invaders. Don't forget that all of us have some Neanderthals in us too. We are all mixed of ancient different cultural and genetic groups. What I'm writing about here is nothing unusual for humankind.
    If it happened many times in the past when societies where stricter about mixing, surly it will happen in the future when people have more and more personal freedoms. Give it 1000 years, give it 10k. Blink of an eye in history of Homo Sapiens.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    I have thought about these things in terms of gene preservation; in particular the preservation of the rh negative blood factor. Cavalli-Sforza has once famously stated that when a gene frequency goes below 50%, it is headed for extinction. There are parts of the world where the D negative gene frequency exceeds 50% such as Basque country, parts of Scotland and Ireland, even parts of the Netherlands, Switzerland, Chile (areas with high Basque ancestry) as well as the Sinai Peninsula just to name a few. The question now is how you define a population.
    Around 6% of the world is rh negative.
    Easily fixable in "designer babies".
    http://rhesusnegative.net/themission...pefrequencies/
    So if you view the world as one population, then that would mean rh negative blood would go extinct at one point (according to the C-S hypothesis).
    If you allow certain groups to control their borders and keep their societies as is more or less, then we continue having isolated populations. If Basque country was to allow Millions of refugees to come in and integrate, then the rh negative blood factor would also become extinct among them.
    What we forget in these types of scenarios, people have choices. Who we are attracted to and choose to have children with. It has been often stated, that couples tend to have a high frequency of similarities genetically, so maybe there is something to being drawn to something that feels familiar in others (despite the "opposites attract" theory).
    I see the majority of the world population become more and more similar. But I also believe that certain groups like the Basques will likely continue exercising an isolation mindset, at least to some extent. Even smaller groups like the Walsers in Switzerland also continue to sport high rh negative frequencies due to a similar way of life. As do the Bedouins in Sinai.
    On a global scale, rh negative frequencies are bound to go way down with an overall decrease in numbers in many high-rh-negative populations and most of the populations bound to explode having low frequencies.
    Several studies have indicated higher sex drive in rh negative women (as in women with red hair), so these types of tendencies could also be significant in terms of gene preservation. So overall, I do not see the entire world becoming one population. Possibly for the most part number wise with the exception of regional isolations of certain populations.
    Cavalli-Sforza's theory has holes in it. Aside from the Udmurts (where data doesn't appear to be consistent), Scotland seems to have the highest red hair gene frequency with around 0.4 which would make it bound for extinction. It would be interesting to know what the frequencies had been around 1,000 years ago and if this has changed. The Mathieson studies may indicate a drop in rh negative frequencies, but that data is also quite questionable.
    Don't you forget that Basques and others are already a mixture of groups of different genetics and cultures. Are you saying that Basque parents are so controlling that they won't their kids to marry non-basque? Even if only 1 percent a decade is new blood, in 1000 years you will have totally in-mixed population.

Jews are not extinct and will probably preserve their identity.
    What an excellent example of mixing. Do you know that Ashkenazi are more European than Middle Eastern in genetics? Yes, because of mixing!
    They are 55 percent South European, 30 percent Middle Eastern, 15 East European and 10 West European. Wow!

Guys open your eyes and start looking beyond your agenda and feelings. Take clues from the past and look at present trends and examples. Go where evidence leads you, and don't cherry pick just to feel good. In many case it is way different how the world is than how you want it to be.

To be well understood, I don't care if there is one race or many in the future. But judging by our past, seeing today's trends, examples and changes, this is where the world is heading.

Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I believe parents will use most of their DNA with some modifications, to make a baby. All heritable diseases will be deleted from designer baby DNA. Some improvements will be added to insure kids will have good memory, logical thinking, good physical abilities, longevity, optimistic personality, superior health and beauty. Things most people dream of now, everybody will have in the future.
    Ok, but there is also the other side of the coin:
    Stephen Hawking feared genetic engineering would create ‘superhumans’

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    There's no putting this genie back in the bottle. Of course all parents would opt to remove genes for diseases if they could afford it. What if your family carries Huntington's, or genes for breast cancer, or propensity for autism, or schizophrenia? It's starting to happen already with the "simpler"disorders. Likewise, if you ask couples if they would like their children to be more "beautiful", whatever that means to them, more intelligent, more athletic, of course they're going to say yes.

People want their children to be happy. They think that healthy (physically and mentally), beautiful, athletic, intelligent people have an easier time in life. This is a no brainer.

The most important thing, it seems to me, is to make sure all parents have access. What kind of world such "super-people" create I don't know, but no one's going to stop it. The rich will do it whether it's illegal or not, so it's only fair to make it available for everyone. It will be a less diverse world, that's for sure.

I wonder what people will do when it comes to things like homosexuality, where a sort of political judgment is also in play.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Will we be to the top left corner?
    Hwo know... ?
    https://sociable.co/wp-content/uploa...telligence.jpg

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

Nature is unpredictable.
    Human Population is so large that DNA mutations, Haplogroups included, are probably happenning in the fastest ratio ever.
    With over 7.6 Billion people, what would have taken a 1000 years for a gene mutation, now the same mutation can take place in 1 year.
    New “Races” might come to be, over and over.

A surprising real White Squirrel.
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

Don't you forget that Basques and others are already a mixture of groups of different genetics and cultures.
    Is there a single member on this forum who isn't aware of this?

Are you saying that Basque parents are so controlling that they won't their kids to marry non-basque?
    No. I am saying there is a level of isolation which has contributed to their percentage of rh negatives remaining the highest on earth. Among other things.

Even if only 1 percent a decade is new blood, in 1000 years you will have totally in-mixed population.
    Sure. But certain factors remain unique. Unique enough to be considered unique. This is still a genetics forum, right? In terms of examining distinctions? If you don't mind that is. If you don't consider it worth concluding that anything anyone here might say should be determined racist and therefore attacked under any circumstances.

What an excellent example of mixing. Do you know that Ashkenazi are more European than Middle Eastern in genetics? Yes, because of mixing!
    They are 55 percent South European, 30 percent Middle Eastern, 15 East European and 10 West European. Wow!
    Thanks, Mr. Advisor. Yes, most of my family is Jewish and Wow! is correct. I am guessed usually as being Eastern European. But again, if it doesn't offend you, I still am interested in all of my different ancestries and where I got what I got if you will. Which does include the Ashkenazi line of mine that does shine a light on questions I have had my whole life.

Guys open your eyes and start looking beyond your agenda and feelings.
    Remembering some of your other posts not hesitant taking other people's rights away based on your own feelings, such assumptions would surprise me generally on a genetics forum, but in your case they don't.

I don't see any agenda in this thread other than whatever it is you are expressing here with your non-answer.
    Numerous times have I expressed that the reason I have joined here to begin with was to find out other potential common denominators of those with rare blood types. That's it. One-trick pony. Ignorance may lead to label this as an agenda.

Take clues from the past and look at present trends and examples.
    Which past exactly? Don't push past on past.

Go where evidence leads you, and don't cherry pick just to feel good.
    Yawn. Again: The more you say doesn't make the "more" more significant. Because none of it is.

In many case it is way different how the world is than how you want it to be.
    You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you state knowing what exactly I want?

To be well understood, I don't care if there is one race or many in the future.
    Remember that this is a genetics forum. So before you label anything a "race", maybe you should identify what exactly you mean by that. Anybody "white" being the same?

But judging by our past,
    1) Don't judge. Know.
    2) Who exactly is "our"?

seeing today's trends, examples and changes, this is where the world is heading.
    Isn't that what this thread is about? Debating where the world is heading? I guess you have already determined that answer. So enlighten us. But don't do it through assumptions. Don't label as generic as "race". Tell us something we don't know. You surely haven't done so yet.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by LABERIA View Post
    Ok, but there is also the other side of the coin:
    Stephen Hawking feared genetic engineering would create ‘superhumans’
    Sure, nobody knows how it will play out. If we can't pull it off using our logic, there is always natural selection to fall back on. ;)

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Is there a single member on this forum who isn't aware of this?

No. I am saying there is a level of isolation which has contributed to their percentage of rh negatives remaining the highest on earth. Among other things.

Sure. But certain factors remain unique. Unique enough to be considered unique. This is still a genetics forum, right? In terms of examining distinctions? If you don't mind that is. If you don't consider it worth concluding that anything anyone here might say should be determined racist and therefore attacked under any circumstances.

Thanks, Mr. Advisor. Yes, most of my family is Jewish and Wow! is correct. I am guessed usually as being Eastern European. But again, if it doesn't offend you, I still am interested in all of my different ancestries and where I got what I got if you will. Which does include the Ashkenazi line of mine that does shine a light on questions I have had my whole life.

Remembering some of your other posts not hesitant taking other people's rights away based on your own feelings, such assumptions would surprise me generally on a genetics forum, but in your case they don't.

I don't see any agenda in this thread other than whatever it is you are expressing here with your non-answer.
    Numerous times have I expressed that the reason I have joined here to begin with was to find out other potential common denominators of those with rare blood types. That's it. One-trick pony. Ignorance may lead to label this as an agenda.

Which past exactly? Don't push past on past.

Yawn. Again: The more you say doesn't make the "more" more significant. Because none of it is.

You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you state knowing what exactly I want?

Remember that this is a genetics forum. So before you label anything a "race", maybe you should identify what exactly you mean by that. Anybody "white" being the same?

1) Don't judge. Know.
    2) Who exactly is "our"?

Isn't that what this thread is about? Debating where the world is heading? I guess you have already determined that answer. So enlighten us. But don't do it through assumptions. Don't label as generic as "race". Tell us something we don't know. You surely haven't done so yet.
    Now, when we know that you know, put the clues together and you shall see too.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

I wonder what people will do when it comes to things like homosexuality, where a sort of political judgment is also in play.
    My guess would be that parents, for simplicity of one's life and and avoidance of certain social problems, would choose for a child to be heterosexual. Even some of gay parents would choose this. Even if most homosexual parents would choose to make homosexual children, the pool would dwindle with generations and probably disappear completely.
    We have to keep in mind that sexuality won't be needed when we have designer babies. Sex will exist only for pleasure. In many cases it already is. In this case homo or hetero will be equally valid or invalid for future generations. Both can disappear, but humankind will still exist. For better or worse, who knows, it is a possibility.

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    My guess would be that parents, for simplicity of one's life and and avoidance of certain social problems, would choose for a child to be heterosexual. Even some of gay parents would choose this. Even if most homosexual parents would choose to make homosexual children, the pool would dwindle with generations and probably disappear completely.
    We have to keep in mind that sexuality won't be needed when we have designer babies. Sex will exist only for pleasure. In many cases it already is. In this case homo or hetero will be equally valid or invalid for future generations. Both can disappear, but humankind will still exist. For better or worse, who knows, it is a possibility.
    And some of us will turn tribal and isolate ourselves from sick ****ers like you.

You are from the same vein as the nazis and bolseviks.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    And some of us will turn tribal and isolate ourselves from sick ****ers like you.

You are from the same vein as the nazis and bolseviks.
    Coming from an idiot it is a complement.

1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

[QUOTE=LeBrok;556774]Sure, nobody knows how it will play out. If we can't pull it off using our logic, there is always natural selection to fall back on. ;)[/QUOTE

Imagine the world 10 000 years from now. All genome functions will be known. Computers will be millions of times more powerful.

1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

My firm believe is that 10 000 years from now there will be no races. Not because they will naturally mix, that is impossible. But the new born will be lab created. Who will want a black baby, when in lab could be created one with pink eyes, blue hair, smart as a hell?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post
    My firm believe is that 10 000 years from now there will be no races. Not because they will naturally mix, that is impossible. But the new born will be lab created. Who will want a black baby, when in lab could be created one with pink eyes, blue hair, smart as a hell?
    What odd tastes you have. I absolutely wouldn't want a pink eyed blue haired baby.

Ideally, if I could just ask the scientists to root around in my genome, I'd like to have a girl who looks like my mother, and a boy who looks like my father. That's just because I miss them so much, though. In fact, I'd break all my principles and ask for clones of them.

What's wrong with black babies for that matter, or black adults in terms of looks?

I've never dated outside my "race", and my tastes are very specific, but what's wrong with the way Denzel Washington looks?

He's very good looking, imo.

Or, goodness me, Shemar Moore.

Level

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

Edited. Sorry for the outburst.
    Last edited by firetown; 31-10-18 at 15:41.

1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    What odd tastes you have. I absolutely wouldn't want a pink eyed blue haired baby.

Ideally, if I could just ask the scientists to root around in my genome, I'd like to have a girl who looks like my mother, and a boy who looks like my father. That's just because I miss them so much, though. In fact, I'd break all my principles and ask for clones of them.

What's wrong with black babies for that matter, or black adults in terms of looks?

I've never dated outside my "race", and my tastes are very specific, but what's wrong with the way Denzel Washington looks?

He's very good looking, imo.

Or, goodness me, Shemar Moore.
    we are talking about 10 000 years in the future. At that time people like you and me would be antic. Like a folk costume! A folk costume was a thing to admire at its time, but now no one looks at them.
    As for Danzel people would think of him what we think about Neanderthal. Race has no future. An English scientist predicted 3000 years for people to mix naturally. I dont think naturally such a thing will happen, But lab created people are possible even today, let alone in the future! Would you not like a baby with superior intelligence, so your baby will fully support himself/herself? Blue eyes are in style now, but other kind of eyes are also possible.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

we are talking about 10 000 years in the future. At that time people like you and me would be antic. Like a folk costume! A folk costume was a thing to admire at its time, but now no one looks at them.
    As for Danzel people would think of him what we think about Neanderthal. Race has no future. An English scientist predicted 3000 years for people to mix naturally. I dont think naturally such a thing will happen, But lab created people are possible even today, let alone in the future! Would you not like a baby with superior intelligence, so your baby will fully support himself/herself? Blue eyes are in style now, but other kind of eyes are also possible.
    There we agree, as I said upthread.

Level

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

For the most part, I agree. But still: Populations like the Basques have existed as such for 10k years. It will require major political decisions in order to ensure that changes occur on a global scale. And the Basques are not the only example here.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Level

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

Quote Originally Posted by gidai View Post
    You cannot determine this.

Level

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

You cannot determine this.
    Unless you believe that this is the type of male females love to mate with in the future.

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by gidai View Post
    that guy looks like some obscure mutant from x-men
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

No one knows what people will look like 10,000 years from now, much less 100,000 years from now. It's all guesswork.

I think some things are sort of hard wired, though. Unless they tear up the genome, I've a feeling these will always be considered beautiful.:)

The fertility goddess "Ishtar" of Babylon known by many names in many places (this piece is 4,000 years old):
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Bronze Warriors of Riace (Italy), maybe 2500 years old?

Level

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

It strikes me as strange that even in man-made art the ones in charge of the manufacturing didn't demand having their genitals magnified.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast