Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

Back in the real world, Subsaharan Africa will remain a sink of poverty till the problem of high population growth is tackled seriously.
And it is also problem of slow economic growth. Look at Germany, they have same population numbers as Egypt, but nobody lives in poverty.

Which organisation is going to supervise and organise the transformation of the Sahara?
I don't know, it didn't happen yet. It might be dealt like in oil case. Government sells/leases land to privet companies which grow food. This create need for fresh water, giving other companies incentive to build water desalination plants, and to sell water to agriculture businesses.
Some of this model already exists in California. California is mostly a desert, but it is number one in food production in US. All grown with irrigated water from rivers and lakes. If we switch water supply from river to desalinated sea water, we can introduce this model to Sahara or any desert place which doesn't have rivers and lakes.
2652041-13412915288844154-QIA.png

2652041-13412915498115826-QIA.png

http://seekingalpha.com/article/700111-energy-recovery-a-long-story

They coming in fast these days, and it is just the beginning. Expect totally green sahara in 100 years.

This model sucks. How can you assume that production methods, technology, food prices or business involvement in food production will be unchanged. Garbage in garbage out.
If not new technologies, we would have run out of cheap oil and gas some time ago. But we didn't.
If not new technologies, there wouldn't be enough food for all people already. New fertilizers, better irrigation, stronger and faster growing strands of wheat, better pest control, harvesting equipment, etc, etc.
With new technologies, like building water desalination plants by Sahara desert, and irrigation system we can change all Sahara into food producing region. Few crops a year.

Someone has to pay for all this, however. Just as one example, the current technology for getting the saline out of ocean water isn't cost effective. That's what all those petro dollars should be going for, not mansions for fat princes, or high end cars for everybody in certain principalities.

And it is also problem of slow economic growth. Look at Germany, they have same population numbers as Egypt, but nobody lives in poverty.

I don't know, it didn't happen yet. It might be dealt like in oil case. Government sells/leases land to privet companies which grow food. This create need for fresh water, giving other companies incentive to build water desalination plants, and to sell water to agriculture businesses.
Some of this model already exists in California. California is mostly a desert, but it is number one in food production in US. All grown with irrigated water from rivers and lakes. If we switch water supply from river to desalinated sea water, we can introduce this model to Sahara or any desert place which doesn't have rivers and lakes.
2652041-13412915288844154-QIA.png

2652041-13412915498115826-QIA.png

http://seekingalpha.com/article/700111-energy-recovery-a-long-story

They coming in fast these days, and it is just the beginning. Expect totally green sahara in 100 years.

You are seriously comparing a stable US state like California with basket cases like Mali or Chad in the Sahara?

Who will rule your mythical "Green Sahara", the Chinese or Gulf Arabs?

You are seriously comparing a stable US state like California with basket cases like Mali or Chad in the Sahara?

Who will rule your mythical "Green Sahara", the Chinese or Gulf Arabs?
Why not Chinese? They've already invested hundreds of billions in many enterprises in Africa. They can grow a lot of rice there for billions of hungry Asians and Egyptians.

Every new technology is fairly expensive, cars used to be only for rich, computers were owned only by governments, roads used to be muddy and made of compacted ground, etc. Desalination plants already exists, they only will get cheaper in the future with improved technology.

Why not Chinese? They've already invested hundreds of billions in many enterprises in Africa. They can grow a lot of rice there for billions of hungry Asians and Egyptians.

Every new technology is fairly expensive, cars used to be only for rich, computers were owned only by governments, roads used to be muddy and made of compacted ground, etc. Desalination plants already exists, they only will get cheaper in the future with improved technology.

My point is that the greening of the Sahara will be in non-African hands.

SS African poverty will continue because population growth is outstripping economic growth.

My point is that the greening of the Sahara will be in non-African hands.
So what, it will create jobs and food for locals anyway. I'm sure most soft-drinks (one example) in your country are in multinational corporations hands. It doesn't stop you to enjoy products or work for them and make money.

SS African poverty will continue because population growth is outstripping economic growth.
Even SS poverty is not that bad it used to be decades ago. There is slow but steady progress.
And fertility rates are falling in many SS countries since 80s.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=popu...llqSuynKQ_DJpHsehicenTl5nUDr15rx1AAmq5i9ZAAAA

Actually you made an excellent point about body and face features and sizes. This is if I understood you right.
Some parts of our bodies don't "average" well, and in mixed societies we can observe a plethora of different facial features. Small nose, big nose, big lips, long face, round head, etc, etc. Except for a skin colour, skin colour tends to average more often than not. In this case we might end up with brownish society of a variety of facial features.
My point stands that it all will resemble one race more than anything. People will be so mixed, even though sporting litany of various features, that all old race types stop existing never the less.

it will not happen, when there will be symptoms of decline of some race there will be outcry and that race will do things to stay on float

it will not happen, when there will be symptoms of decline of some race there will be outcry and that race will do things to stay on float
You mean that interracial marriages will be forbidden?

I'm the first person in my family since the reformation to have conjugal relations with a Roman Catholic. Baby steps. ;)

It is a strange question: will we all mix into a single standard?
We started like that in the beginning of the human species, and later we got more variety to better survive into different environments.

It is true that a good amount of population is today fully urbanized in almost a single metropolitan environment - so there there is not much need for variety, and maybe it will mix to the full extension.
I still don't believe that that will be the future scenario: lactose intolerance is still around even millennia after the genes appeared. There is no reason to presuppose that such changes (as the tolerance to lactose) will never happen again.

My personal bet is that the next source for a major change (as lactose tolerance was), will be the large use of antibiotics we have today.

It is a strange question: will we all mix into a single standard?
We started like that in the beginning of the human species, and later we got more variety to better survive into different environments.

It is true that a good amount of population is today fully urbanized in almost a single metropolitan environment - so there there is not much need for variety, and maybe it will mix to the full extension.
I still don't believe that that will be the future scenario: lactose intolerance is still around even millennia after the genes appeared. There is no reason to presuppose that such changes (as the tolerance to lactose) will never happen again.

My personal bet is that the next source for a major change (as lactose tolerance was), will be the large use of antibiotics we have today.
I don't think there is a need for a single mixed "race". Unless, one can argue that when people are one race, the racism will stop, and it is a good thing for humankind.
Following the trend of interracial marriages being more popular, people traveling, migrating and mixing more and more, one can come to the conclusion that, given enough time, all people will eventually be of mixed race. Just from statistical point of view predicting the future.

I don't think there is a need for a single mixed "race". Unless, one can argue that when people are one race, the racism will stop, and it is a good thing for humankind.
Following the trend of interracial marriages being more popular, people traveling, migrating and mixing more and more, one can come to the conclusion that, given enough time, all people will eventually be of mixed race. Just from statistical point of view predicting the future.

Hi LeBrok,

In a 100% urban scenario, I agree with you completely. In big cities, from Europe and America, is already happening and it will increase. I think Asia and Africa are not following the same tendency. So I see it as a local effect and is logical to suppose that it will spread. But nature does like variety, so I don't know how natural it is.
Still,

Hi LeBrok,

In a 100% urban scenario, I agree with you completely. In big cities, from Europe and America, is already happening and it will increase. I think Asia and Africa are not following the same tendency. So I see it as a local effect and is logical to suppose that it will spread.
Yes, I think it will happen locally first.

But nature does like variety, so I don't know how natural it is.
Still,
Right. However in the future, who will need natural selection when we have genetic manipulation, or even "designer" babies?

We have few more questions to answer about humankind future, here:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/forums/243-Futurism

This thread has been viewed 284269 times.

Back