Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 531

Thread: Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661
    Points
    15,281
    Level
    37
    Points: 15,281, Level: 37
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia





    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I don't have any visions of my perfect society, as long as it is tolerant, free, inclusive and well off.
    I'm merely pointing the natural trends unleashed by technology and economy, known as globalization.
    There is no such thing as a "trend", it's something planned and deliberate.

  2. #27
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    white Americans even in the 1700's where not a culturally divided as u say. 2nd generation Germans spoke English they looked no diff from the english or irish they lived together. most of my ancestry has been here since the 1600's and early 1700's we have records in my family of english marrying German, German marrying scotch Irish, and scotch Irish marry first generation Scottish. They where inter marrying even in the 1600's and 1700's there was not that much of a cultural divide once they learned english and grew up in america.

    the biggest divide with white Americans was catholic or protestant but they still inter married it was not that big of a divide. ur overrating it. with white Americans and black Americans or Hispanics there is a obvious phiscal difference and more of a culturally difference that is why they rarely inter marry. Also i think white people just naturally aren't as attracted to black people. in my opinon it is pretty obivous diff races are more attracted to each other.
    It is true that most people will stay with their group. But even if this process is slow it is ongoing and speeding up with today's "shrinking" world. That's why my conclusion is that eventually world will mix up. I don't care much for it, but I can see the process and its consequences.

    Hispanics though are not exactly a race they are a mix of native american and Spanish.
    Look at this, they've mixed already. Are you trying to help my point? :)
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  3. #28
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    'Natural trends unleashed by technology and economy' don't stop Japan or South Korea from having ethnically homogenous nations.
    Obviously there are some very "conservative" nations, but it would be naive to assume they are immune from mixing. Yoko Ono married John Lenon, and I just met Japanese plumber who married white girl, and what about Tiger Woods?
    Just because you don't like it, it doesn't stop the world from doing whatever it wants. If you want to stay blind, stay blind.

    As for me as a Georgian, if we were to lose our ethno-cultural identity I would not give a damn about how tolerant, free, inclusive and well-off the society in general there will be...
    With all due respect, what so special about Georgians? If Georgia vanished from this planet today 7 billion people wouldn't notice any difference.

  4. #29
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    There is no such thing as a "trend", it's something planned and deliberate.
    That's for sure, we are all here to get you...

  5. #30
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    It is true that most people will stay with their group. But even if this process is slow it is ongoing and speeding up with today's "shrinking" world. That's why my conclusion is that eventually world will mix up. I don't care much for it, but I can see the process and its consequences.
    i dont think it is speeding up sure now there are cross racial marriages because it is more accepted. but it is still very rare i doubt it will speed up in the future. i think u have good points but i still think people are not going to mix alot in the future it depends what happens in the future. The western world will eventullay fall possibly conquered by Communist or the Muslim world if that happens mixing will be more possible because we will loose our ethnic identities and be pilled up together.

    i dont want to sound raciest but i think white people mainly white men just are less attracted to black people. I think diff races are more attracted to each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Look at this, they've mixed already. Are you trying to help my point? :)
    well that is very true but u have too look at the history. Spain conquered all of Latin america well i guess Portugal conquered some areas maybe a few other european countries did to. Spanish soldiers i remember learning in history class had no Spanish women so they had kids with native americans some times by force. I think most Spanish that came where only men so they had to inter marry. I guess it is more complicated than that though.

  6. #31
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Obviously there are some very "conservative" nations, but it would be naive to assume they are immune from mixing. Yoko Ono married John Lenon, and I just met Japanese plumber who married white girl, and what about Tiger Woods?
    Just because you don't like it, it doesn't stop the world from doing whatever it wants. If you want to stay blind, stay blind.
    the fact is that even in america diff races mix very rarelly and it is not going to grow. When did he ever say he did not like hey if u want everyone to do what they want can i kill the next guy that walks on my sidewalk.

    we have gone over this there will always be rules tolerant does not mean let people do whatever they want ur idea of tolerant seems pretty untolernt to me u dont allow people to have national pride like Georgians because it does not really efect anyone else well it effects Georgians. plus u only allow people to have one OPINON and allow what u think they should allow and not allow what u dont think they should allow. ur idea of tolerance might not be tolerant enough for some people and tolerant of things other people thing should not be tolerated.

    U cant tolerate everything


    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    With all due respect, what so special about Georgians? If Georgia vanished from this planet today 7 billion people wouldn't notice any difference.
    Georgians are special to Georgians that matters. If u destroy their identity with ur so called tolerant society that is not being un tolerant. U only see ur opinion as tolerant other see it as not tolerant enough or to tolerant to bad things. All we are arguing is what should be allowed and what should not be allowed and we have different opinions neither of us tolerate better.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable.
    why cant u have old customs and freedom of religion, speech etc. why do u want to create this globealization where all traditions are destroyed that sounds alot like communism. arranged marriages in the western world where destroyed very long ago because of Christianity. U have to have limits on freedom of persnol choices u cant allow people to rape animals or kill each other for no reason. Even in ur tolerant society there are rules.

    Inter mixing between races is very rare in america. U think ur opinion on society is so great destroy all past evils everyone is free. u keep forgetting u have rules too there has to be regulations and some peoples regulations are diffenrt from ur's there is nothing wrong with that. U probably think i was not tolernt if i though it was wrong to have people of the same gender having sexual relation ships in my opinion that is wrong and is one of those limits. i mean i guess it could be allowed but i would still dis agree with it. u would call me un tolerant i am not i just have a diff opinion on what the limit is. u would not agree with 30 year olds having a sexual relationship with a 10 year old or an animals even though they might say they love each other or the animals. u think that is wrong someone else could call u un tolernt too.

    u get what i am saying i am not un tolerant and hateful towards different people just i have limits on diff moral laws that u dont have maybe u have stricter limits other people don't have. Also in ur idea of society it seems u want all old customs gone that is pretty un tolerant. ur idea of a good scoiety reminds me of Communism.

    Maybe the question should be if, but only when whole world becomes well mixed in single race?

    Please post pictures of how you think well mixed individual of the world will look like.
    [/QUOTE]

  8. #33
    Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    891
    Points
    6,887
    Level
    24
    Points: 6,887, Level: 24
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Obviously there are some very "conservative" nations, but it would be naive to assume they are immune from mixing. Yoko Ono married John Lenon, and I just met Japanese plumber who married white girl, and what about Tiger Woods?
    Just because you don't like it, it doesn't stop the world from doing whatever it wants. If you want to stay blind, stay blind.


    With all due respect, what so special about Georgians? If Georgia vanished from this planet today 7 billion people wouldn't notice any difference.
    I don't think I am the blind here ;)

    It holds for individuals as well. If one dies right now '7 billion people wouldn't notice any difference', so are you going to commit a suicide?

    Globalization is not a natural event as you want to portrait it. There are some interest groups who brought it in motion and there are interest groups which are against it. The outcome depends which of those will have stronger will and who will be more resourceful.

  9. #34
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661
    Points
    15,281
    Level
    37
    Points: 15,281, Level: 37
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    That's for sure, we are all here to get you...
    You don't get it...globalization is something planned by a few big corporations, the so called Oligarchy. There is no such "natural trends" that you are talking about.

  10. #35
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Nobody1's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-03-13
    Posts
    1,040
    Points
    5,756
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,756, Level: 22
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 34.0%


    Country: Germany - Baden-Wurttemberg



    I hope not;

  11. #36
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    why cant u have old customs
    Such as sacrificing a human, so to ensure you get good harvest or keep the demons from your community, perhaps? Or burn any-one who helps with a natural potion or has a dislike for the community faith? Surely you don`t mean these good old customs and such like, do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    and freedom of religion
    I think one of the main reason many went to America, apart from trying to work towards better life, was because of religious persecution, so it is incorrect to say freedom of religion always applied, or yet does in all places even to-day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    U have to have limits on freedom of persnol choices u cant allow people to rape animals or kill each other for no reason. Even in ur tolerant society there are rules.
    I read the post you are quoting, I do not see any-one advocating the murder of another or indeed the rape of animals. You really should reply to that which is written and not that which you "think" is written.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    Inter mixing between races is very rare in america.
    No, it is not "very" rare. Inter-racial marriage figures [ and we are not even calculating for those who live together and were not counted] are, in both Canada and U.S.A. at a new time high. I think one in twelve for America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    U think ur opinion on society is so great destroy all past evils everyone is free.
    I could sign up for that. Perhaps you yourself would prefer to live under dictatorship or have no freedom of expression?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    u keep forgetting u have rules too there has to be regulations and some peoples regulations are diffenrt from ur's there is nothing wrong with that.
    Keep in mind this can apply to personal choice also and all sections must have protection under laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    u would not agree with 30 year olds having a sexual relationship with a 10 year old or an animals
    No, because that would be molestation of a child. Much different topic indeed.
    No, because animals cannot give verbal consent.

  12. #37
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Such as sacrificing a human, so to ensure you get good harvest or keep the demons from your community, perhaps? Or burn any-one who helps with a natural potion or has a dislike for the community faith? Surely you don`t mean these good old customs and such like, do you.


    I think one of the main reason many went to America, apart from trying to work towards better life, was because of religious persecution, so it is incorrect to say freedom of religion always applied, or yet does in all places even to-day.
    Isn't he the one proclaiming that all muslims are enemies number one?! Now he is for freedom of religion, lol, I guess only his religion.

    He doesn't realise that Freedom of Religion Acts in western world were formulated to stop inter-religion fighting, to stop hegemony of one major religion persecuting others. That's what happened in Poland, England and US to stop wars between faiths. There was not even one instance that Freedom of Religion was declared against Atheists attacking Religious people.
    Ironically for him, freedom of religion was proclaimed against intolerant religious zealots like him.

  13. #38
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Such as sacrificing a human, so to ensure you get good harvest or keep the demons from your community, perhaps? Or burn any-one who helps with a natural potion or has a dislike for the community faith? Surely you don`t mean these good old customs and such like, do you.
    when did i ever say that.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I think one of the main reason many went to America, apart from trying to work towards better life, was because of religious persecution, so it is incorrect to say freedom of religion always applied, or yet does in all places even to-day.
    they ran away from religious persecution for religious freedom.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I read the post you are quoting, I do not see any-one advocating the murder of another or indeed the rape of animals. You really should reply to that which is written and not that which you "think" is written.
    I never said any one wrote that i was giving an example. U gues think ur the best version of tolernce when u just have ur own opinon on what is tolernt and what is not.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    No, it is not "very" rare. Inter-racial marriage figures [ and we are not even calculating for those who live together and were not counted] are, in both Canada and U.S.A. at a new time high. I think one in twelve for America.
    that is 0.83% that is very rare and from what i have witnessed living in one of the most diverse areas in america and the world it is very rare. i live in america u live in ireland i have a better idea of what racial relations are.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I could sign up for that. Perhaps you yourself would prefer to live under dictatorship or have no freedom of expression?
    what does this have to do with what i said. well in ur guys society's everyone has to have a left winged opinon because u think all others are close minded and hatful.


    Keep in mind this can apply to personal choice also and all sections must have protection under laws.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    No, because that would be molestation of a child. Much different topic indeed.
    No, because animals cannot give verbal consent.
    well; that is what people 50 years ago said about gay marriage now u guys have made it a moral crusade. u cant just put animals off the subject many people have the same opinion on gay marriage and 10 years old can give verbal consent.

  14. #39
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Isn't he the one proclaiming that all muslims are enemies number one?! Now he is for freedom of religion, lol, I guess only his religion.
    once agian ur sterotyping me i mean the Muslim countures who want to destroy the western world and the terroist are a huge threat number one or two under north korea and all communist nations.

    i have had Muslim friends since i was a kid i ahve always had Muslim neighbors stereotype me has who u want me to be when maybe ur the hateful one.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    He doesn't realise that Freedom of Religion Acts in western world were formulated to stop inter-religion fighting, to stop hegemony of one major religion persecuting others. That's what happened in Poland, England and US to stop wars between faiths. There was not even one instance that Freedom of Religion was declared against Atheists attacking Religious people.
    Ironically for him, freedom of religion was proclaimed against intolerant religious zealots like him.
    I believe in freedom of religion i wont deny the Muslim world is a huge threat. I think in ur society u don't believe in good morals or for people to think differently than u. Can u stop stero typing me and my people to who u want us to be hateful and prejudice. so far u are the hatful prejudice one going of the same arguments if the 1960's that age is over. The liberal media will be stopped and our country will wake up and i know when i say that u think i mean in a bad way. ur generation 1960-1980's in my opinon went way way to far and to against the past and traditions and are to hateful against religion.

  15. #40
    Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-07-13
    Posts
    5
    Points
    104
    Level
    1
    Points: 104, Level: 1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Austria



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    is there a possibility of a new species , that has green skin color, i love green man

  16. #41
    Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Maciamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-07-02
    Location
    Lothier
    Posts
    8,696
    Points
    697,304
    Level
    100
    Points: 697,304, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%


    Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic
    Country: Belgium - Brussels



    I am joining this thread late.

    I don't think that the world will ever be one ethnicity. Actually ethnicities tend to disappear and multiply with mixing. The term 'ethnicity' was useful to refer to a group of people sharing a common homeland and ancestry, in which the gene pool had been sufficiently uniformised over the centuries.

    The current trend is for people to intermarry and give birth to children with multiple ancestry, although there are so many possible combinations that new ethnicities aren't formed, or only very small ones in number of individuals. In other words the total number of ethnicities could be seen either to disappear (in the traditional sense) as they are replaced by hybrids, or to increase, if each new type of hybrid is considered a new ethnicity of its own.

    Furthermore, the world population has soared to billions of individuals, each born with new unique mutation every generation. The total genetic diversity has never increased so fast. The level of heterogeneity therefore escalates. That is why, unless the world population and international migrations both decreases significantly the world will become a mosaic of tiny ethnic groups, essentially close family members. I am just afraid that this leads to the amoral familism of southern Italy described by Edward Banfield.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

  17. #42
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by frankmiller11 View Post
    i love green man
    then go to mars

  18. #43
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    when did i ever say that
    . .
    When you said this;
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    why cant u have old customs
    .
    Now, as you did not specify which "old customs", I asked if perhaps you meant the type such as I listed. This was not a difficult question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    they ran away from religious persecution for religious freedom.
    .
    Yes, this is what I said. Why do you feel the need to return to me the point I myself originally made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    U gues think ur the best version of tolernce when u just have ur own opinon on what is tolernt and what is not.
    .
    My idea of tolerance is as follows. I believe each individual should have the ability to make their own personal choices in life, without fear of being abused or harassed for doing so. I believe there should be good laws to cover and serve all sections of our community, regardless of sex, colour or religious preference. I believe it is not for any one section of our community to abuse by word or force, another section of our community because it wishes to live in a way that is different.And when I say "community" I refer to society in general. Now, I`m pretty sure I have heard such ideas on "tolerance" of this nature expressed by some long before me. Tell me, do you think my idea on tolerance is badly formed?



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    from what i have witnessed living in one of the most diverse areas in america and the world it is very rare. i live in america u live in ireland i have a better idea of what racial relations are
    .
    Studies show inter-racial marriages have risen in the U.S.A. Approximately 4.6 million. In your own area of California it is said more than 1 in 5 marriages are of this type and the trend seems to be rising. Now I am aware America has a very large population and 4.6 million is not a grand number, however I do not think it shows as you say..inter-race marriages are VERY rare.
    Yes, I live in Ireland. And of course here we have absolutely no history of incomers whatsoever lol.
    However, can I say that whilst we may not be so large a country as some, we do have various communities, such as Chinese, Indian, African etc etc. Perhaps you thought here, we are all milk coloured and have red hair and dress in little green suits. Tell me, do you think we all keep leprechauns in our kitchens too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    left winged opinon because u think all others are close minded
    Do not attempt to call my political leaning, you do not know it. I did not say you were closed minded. However if a person will not see any opinion other than his own, will not give even, there may be another opinion, other than his own..some may say, that is somewhat closed-minded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    well; that is what people 50 years ago said about gay marriage now u guys have made it a moral crusade.
    Have I made "gay marriage" my moral crusade? I think my crusade stretches further than you allow for in that statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    10 years old can give verbal consent.
    Seriously..No. Not in law. And that is the simple answer as to go into further would need fuller discussion, which I am not inclined to do in this thread at this time.
    Last edited by hope; 25-07-13 at 21:17.

  19. #44
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    . .
    When you said this;
    .
    Now, as you did not specify which "old customs", I asked if perhaps you meant the type such as I listed. This was not a difficult question.
    not all old customs are bad u assumed this when i said old customs.

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    My idea of tolerance is as follows. I believe each individual should have the ability to make their own personal choices in life, without fear of being abused or harassed for doing so.
    i totally agree but we have to have limit we cant allow people to do what this website does not allow. extremely threatening or sexual harssemnt or devil worship that type of stuff some people might have differnt limits. Also about the harrasment part i am sure even Ireland heard about The chick fella owner who was harrased and called evil by american media because he dis agreed with gay marriage. Also chicago mayor wanted to shut down all plans for new chick fella business. When ever someone powerful is agianst gay marraige he is shot down for it by libearls and that is not tolerance which they say they have. I dont ignore conservative un tolernce but there is no way libearls are free of un tolernce it is in human nature.

    i am not accusing u of this but american and european media and education systems have alot of un tolerant liberals. My father while getting a Phd during that time given bad grades just because he had a diff opinion about philopshy. Later the teacher changed his mine but from my experience left winged people today hold the power and are un tolerant. My entire life i have seen un tolerance by left winged people that is the reason i got into politics. Our media is un tolerant and very liberal the american and i am sure european power people are left winged.

    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    I believe there should be good laws to cover and serve all sections of our community, regardless of sex, colour or religious preference. I believe it is not for any one section of our community to abuse by word or force, another section of our community because it wishes to live in a way that is different.And when I say "community" I refer to society in general. Now, I`m pretty sure I have heard such ideas on "tolerance" of this nature expressed by some long before me. Tell me, do you think my idea on tolerance is badly formed?
    I totally agree with u but still want to make the point everyone things their the good guy and the tolerant one and everyone has diff opinions on what is tolerant and what is not. I totally agree with equal rights but there are diff gender roles but our nature will probably play it out we dont need to intentionally put women in men's roles which i see alot. Also we should not try to stop diff groups from forming. Georgians can be Georgians and not old tradtions are bad. I have seen that libearl thinking has lead to very un moral tv shows and movies and people call people who say showing sex 24/7 is unmoral as un tolerant. When that society is better left winged thinking sometimes goes to far and to un moral i dont know what u think about that. I think if both of us and people around the world take away what we think each other think we will realize we basically have the same idea about morals and what should be tolernt and that we are all making some mistakes.





    .
    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Studies show inter-racial marriages have risen in the U.S.A. Approximately 4.6 million. In your own area of California it is said more than 1 in 5 marriages are of this type and the trend seems to be rising. Now I am aware America has a very large population and 4.6 million is not a grand number, however I do not think it shows as you say..inter-race marriages are VERY rare.
    Here is kind off a background of America we where first a English colonie we also had alot of Scotch Irish and German i guess some jews and Polish. Pretty much america was a white country. White americans got the idea that non whites where stupid and inferior from Europe because that is where they came from and the idea whites are smart and civlizaed came in the 1400's when Europeans became like 50 times more advanced than the rest of the world and made colonies. And europeans saw them selves as decendants of ancient Rome and Greece even though almost all of europe descended genetically not cultrally from the people Rome and Greece saw as sabotage primitive people they ofentlly compared native Americans to ancient Celts not realized those where their ancestors maybe they kind of did.

    It was very hard for white Americans to accept blacks and other non whites. eventulley we did we saw they where human too. it was not until the 1980's when whites and blacks accepted inter racial marriage and it slowly became more accepted. it is still very rare. Like i said i live in the most or second most diverse area of america and the world and inter racial marriage is very rare. sue it is more popular than it was in 1980 but i doubt it will rise in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Yes, I live in Ireland. And of course here we have absolutely no history of incomers whatsoever lol.
    However, can I say that whilst we may not be so large a country as some, we do have various communities, such as Chinese, Indian, African etc etc. Perhaps you thought here, we are all milk coloured and have red hair and dress in little green suits. Tell me, do you think we all keep leprechauns in our kitchens too?
    i see u come from northern Ireland i have ancestry that goes back there and that is where my surname comes from. The Scotch Irish are the original hillbillies they came from northern Ireland. I cant go in debt but american folk stories and the american identity in many ways comes from ulster Irish aka scotch Irish they are very important in american history. Still today the Appalachian mountains is 100% ulter Irish and the traditional south has alot of Scotch Irish blood. here is a link are some links gives some history of the scotch Irish and their huge influence of american culture
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch-Irish_American
    saying the Sctoch Irish where born fighting because of their fighting attitude and history in american military and their Scottish ancestry.
    http://www.amazon.com/Born-Fighting-.../dp/0767916891

    i am just saying ur not from america ur from Europe which is like the white continent and i come from the most or second most diverse city in america. So i thought i would have a better idea what inter racial marriage in america is.




    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Do not attempt to call my political leaning, you do not know it. I did not say you were closed minded. However if a person will not see any opinion other than his own, will not give even, there may be another opinion, other than his own..some may say, that is somewhat closed-minded.
    Alot of left winged thinking stems out of the idea right wings are close minded and raciest. Uselly dont understand how more right winged people think i guess dont really understand more left winged people.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Have I made "gay marriage" my moral crusade? I think my crusade stretches further than you allow for in that statement.
    No i guess not but many people do and they twist some things about homosexuality like lebrok did. They say humans have no sexual choose they only choose the gender they where made for and they make stuff up about human psychology to fit their idea on homosexuality. I have seen it alot not from u i guess but lebrok, my teachers in school, others i have talked with. Also u take the more perverted history of homosexuality out of the picture and that it has always been seen as diff from hetrosexuality in its nature. People make it seem like a moral crusade and where the bad guys when really we have diff opinions when i am not trying to harm anyone.

    i am not accusing u of all these things i am accusing many other people i have heard.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Seriously..No. Not in law. And that is the simple answer as to go into further would need fuller discussion, which I am not inclined to do in this thread at this time.
    well homosexuality at one time was against the law. I was just giving those as examples what i was trying to say is we basically have the same idea on morals and to treat people equally but we have differnt opinions on what is going to far and is un moral.

  20. #45
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Isn't he the one proclaiming that all muslims are enemies number one?!
    Yes, I believe so.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Now he is for freedom of religion,
    Aha, the old Folly of a Fickle Mind Syndrome..lol [ although it seems to be heading in the right direction]

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Freedom of Religion Acts in western world were formulated to stop inter-religion fighting, to stop hegemony of one major religion persecuting others. That's what happened in Poland, England and US to stop wars between faiths. There was not even one instance that Freedom of Religion was declared against Atheists attacking Religious people.
    This is true. Good point.

  21. #46
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Yes, I believe so.
    what i mean is the Muslim world their corrupt extremist governments and terrorist who want to conquer the western world are enemy number one or two. Stop trying to make me who u want me to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    Aha, the old Folly of a Fickle Mind Syndrome..lol [ although it seems to be heading in the right direction]
    What the heck is ur problem!!! do u listen tpo what i say or do u just close ur eyes and think of all ur liberal stereotypes against people who seem conservative which is a good thing. What do u mean by heading in the right direction i have not changed my opinion this whole time i have always been into politics since i was like 4 years old this has always been my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by hope View Post
    This is true. Good point.
    first of all i am not for religious persecution. Also atheist have been extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely rare throughout human history they have only been well known in very recent 1800's times. They have never been able to really hold power(except in recent times) so they have not had the opportunity to oppress people. U know Stalin and the whole communist thing was atheist(based their opinion on 1800's science) they killed more than Hitler and more than any religious war. Today in China their atheist government takes away many rights of religious people. Believers in God where very persecuted in Soviet Russia i have neighbors who grew up in soviet Russia their son had been one of my life long friends and they where taken away the right of religious freedom.

    Also religious people(almost exclusively Christians) are but down and made fun off in american and european media 24/7 i have been witnessed to it my whole life. Also in american education system mainly universities and colleges relgious people are put down alot. My Dad getting a phd in philoshy is put down for his christian opinions eve though he goes to a catholic school one teacher intentionally gave him bad grades because of his opinion then later attempted to my dad and stopped doing it.

    In the western world today Christians are defintley put down more in the media and just the establishment period than atheist. Also Lebrok obviously u did not study history on atheist percussion on Religious people because Communism and soviet Russia is a great example.

  22. #47
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    i have not changed my opinion this whole time i have always been into politics since i was like 4 years old this has always been my opinion.
    .
    What!!!??? You didn't change your mind since age of 4? It must mean only one thing. At age of 4 you were already a fully developed genius!!! Poor Einstein had to wait till his 30s for his brain to mature, to create General Relativity. And he is known to change his mind on some subjects.

    Generally speaking. Do you realize consequences of your statements? Or is it the case that thoughts a spewing so fast from your mouth or fingers that you are not able to analyze implications of your thoughts?

  23. #48
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post

    Also religious people(almost exclusively Christians) are but down and made fun off in american and european media 24/7 i have been witnessed to it my whole life. Also in american education system mainly universities and colleges relgious people are put down alot. My Dad getting a phd in philoshy is put down for his christian opinions eve though he goes to a catholic school one teacher intentionally gave him bad grades because of his opinion then later attempted to my dad and stopped doing it.
    Could it be the case, that smart people (that's why it happens mostly in universities) realise that religion is in conflict with understanding of the world and go away from it?

  24. #49
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Could it be the case, that smart people (that's why it happens mostly in universities) realise that religion is in conflict with understanding of the world and go away from it?
    I honestly don't think that is what it is. Why do u keep ignoring the fact far left winged people rule our media, rule the american establishment. mis represent and insult conservatives, and not accepting of other opinions for example when chick fillia owner was against gay marriage. I think it is most likely because it was people from the 1960's who now the old people. Also what is with ur hate for religion u are so hateful u think it should not even exist u show a snobby left winged dis respect to everything i say ur not as smart as u think u are. I try to be nice i dont want to dis respect u honestly but i mean u are like extremely "un Tolernt". Reminds me of our media which posses people like me as hateful, un tolernt, idiots.

  25. #50
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Fire Haired's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-06-13
    Posts
    689
    Points
    4,121
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,121, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Df27(Spain)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2(Prussia)

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic, Latino(~6%)
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    What!!!??? You didn't change your mind since age of 4? It must mean only one thing. At age of 4 you were already a fully developed genius!!! Poor Einstein had to wait till his 30s for his brain to mature, to create General Relativity. And he is known to change his mind on some subjects.

    Generally speaking. Do you realize consequences of your statements? Or is it the case that thoughts a spewing so fast from your mouth or fingers that you are not able to analyze implications of your thoughts?
    I worded that wrong i have been into politics since i was about 4 years old but i have not always had the same opinion. But i have though about things the same way because it is my personality i have one just like everyone else. Can u please stop with the petty insults.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •