Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

if there won't be any natural selection and natural borders in the future then it is only logical that humans will merge into one race. mixing is currently happening way too fast and there is no way that a new ethnicity could form.

if there won't be any natural selection and natural borders in the future then it is only logical that humans will merge into one race. mixing is currently happening way too fast and there is no way that a new ethnicity could form.
There still is natural selection, like kids loving people will always have more kids - others won't have any, but this is equal for all the races, so moot point.

if there won't be any natural selection and natural borders in the future then it is only logical that humans will merge into one race

Even with no borders there will never be a "single one race."

Even if a global state, something like the UN with absolute sovereignty, intentionally wanted to create "one single race" through eugenic programs they wouldn't be able to.

Think about dog breeds. You cannot create one single Dog Breed by intermixing them all. The order you breed all the breeds, the sex of the respective breeds, produce
different results.

It's a categorically flawed idea based on a very Aristotelian idea of general and particular that does not correlate to how an individual reproduces.

If ever there is one standardized mulatto race produced, it would then have to be sustained by military force otherwise asymmetrical
developments in clusters would begin straight away.

If ever there is one standardized mulatto race produced, it would then have to be sustained by military force otherwise asymmetrical
developments in clusters would begin straight away.
What?!!! If one is right the other must be wrong. Believe it or not, Albanians are a construct of at least 3 different races of the past, mesolithic and neolithic. I dare you to find one unmixed Albanian. Can't find? This is how it is going to be with the whole world in distant future.

What?!!! If one is right the other must be wrong. Believe it or not, Albanians are a construct of at least 3 different races of the past, mesolithic and neolithic. I dare you to find one unmixed Albanian. Can't find? This is how it is going to be with the whole world in distant future.

Firstly i don't think Albanians are "unmixed."
I don't even understand what this means empirically/biologically and I don't understand where you got the impression that I was saying that.

Also Mesolithic/neolithic and the other 3rd race you didn't mention weren't pure unmixed races anyway.

What I was saying was that its an empirically and biologically incoherent idea that you can just mix individuals from all of the worlds ethnicities to create a single race.
The concept is flawed. There are thousands of factors.

By this: "If ever there is one standardized mulatto race produced,"

I meant that even in the impossible scenario that some government literally populates the world with 1 male and 1 female clone a billion times over (so that everyone is the
same genetically, same race), it will nonetheless require military repression and banning of voluntary reproduction otherwise clusters would develop assymnetrically in different
regions thus one "race" or "ethnicity" not being possible. The point of this comment was to say that even if it was possible it would need eternal maintanence otherwise assymetrical
mutation events in different individuals would undermine the "one race" over time anyway.

Just now we have a thread about how "fathers pass on 4 times as much genetic mutation as mothers."
This means that if you wanted to create a "new race or ethnicity" lets say randomly Albanians + Japanese. If you had two sample populations to experiment with of 10,000
participants each (5,000 Alb men and women and 5,000 Jap men and women) you would produce in my opinion 2 very different ethnicities in the
Alb Men Jap Women group compared to the Jap Men Alb Women group.

My point is genes are chaotic and dynamic and there will never reach a point of stasis where suddenly we are one race.

I don't even understand what this means empirically/biologically and I don't understand where you got the impression that I was saying that.

Also Mesolithic/neolithic and the other 3rd race you didn't mention weren't pure unmixed races anyway.

What I was saying was that its an empirically and biologically incoherent idea that you can just mix individuals from all of the worlds ethnicities to create a single race.

I meant that even in the impossible scenario that some government literally populates the world with 1 male and 1 female clone a billion times over (so that everyone is the
same genetically, same race), it will nonetheless require military repression and banning of voluntary reproduction otherwise clusters would develop assymnetrically in different
regions thus one "race" or "ethnicity" not being possible. The point of this comment was to say that even if it was possible it would need eternal maintanence otherwise assymetrical
mutation events in different individuals would undermine the "one race" over time anyway.

Just now we have a thread about how "fathers pass on 4 times as much genetic mutation as mothers."
This means that if you wanted to create a "new race or ethnicity" lets say randomly Albanians + Japanese. If you had two sample populations to experiment with of 10,000
participants each (5,000 Alb men and women and 5,000 Jap men and women) you would produce in my opinion 2 very different ethnicities in the

My point is genes are chaotic and dynamic and there will never reach a point of stasis where suddenly we are one race.
Unless there is some catastrophic event which causes everyone to migrate to a single location .

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but if millions of European women migrated to Africa, natural selection would be in their favour , there are only 2 barriers between ethnic groups that keeps them from mixing and that is the language & cultural barrier.

During the 19 century Latin America made plans to reduce (ethnically cleanse) the African/negro population through​ inter-mixing, the politicians of Latin America advised the United States to do the same but instead the US freed their slaves.

From what I can remember the Latin American politicians saw their plans as being successful saying that the US will regret their actions or something like that.

There you go. You can't recognize separate races Albanians are made of, and just after few thousand years. They are well mixed in then. This is what will happen to the whole world given few thousand years.

Forget races ​(sub-species) we're already a mixed-species. A composite of hominids. Homo sapiens mixed with Neanderthal, and/or denosivan, and/or Homo Erectus, and probably few others depending on where the person is from.

But I think that even if the scenario happened where all sub-species of humanity mixed, evolution would once again separate them into something new. It will happen once we start to colonize other planets; adapting to new environments. One thing that would make us radically different would be adapting to different gravity, lengths of days/nights/seasons/years. What would these new environments do to the food we raise and consume? In the past that has shaped our physiology. How would plants and animals also raised in these alien planets affect our bodies? What kind of new pathogens would emerge, and how would our bodies adapt to that? I think it is fascinating to contemplate these different situations.

There you go. You can't recognize separate races Albanians are made of, and just after few thousand years. They are well mixed in then. This is what will happen to the whole world given few thousand years.

Except I recognise many different phenotypical tendencies or clusters in the albanian population. They are not one homogenous phenotype.
No terminology or serious research has been done in this regard but there are within the albanian population severy different "races"
that it is very easy to recognize. ( dinaric,med etc etc)

I never said albanians are one homogenous race. They are united by a shared history and language yet its very apparent that there exist all sorts of tendencies there.
The height difference between north and south alone is super apparent.

LlwSOwF
LlwSOwF.jpg

8YFOX79.jpg

Why would it happen in a few thousand years? You think once (if we survive) we colonize other planets this wont lead to even more isolated ethnicities being created? Why has the internet produced a thousand new genres of music and niche interests rather than one blended mono genre. The blended mono genre is artificially produced through big labels and to survive it
has to update itself by parasitising the authenticity of the niches that form autonomously. So it will be with the multiplicity of difference when it comes to genes. Its way to chaotic to stabilize.
New ethnicities will be created, old ones will possibly even be conserved or even resurrected with genetically engineered embryos etc

I have read no actual argument as to how it would happen on a planetary scale. Without intentional engineering i am 100% skeptic

Except I recognise many different phenotypical tendencies or clusters in the albanian population. They are not one homogenous phenotype.
No terminology or serious research has been done in this regard but there are within the albanian population severy different "races"
that it is very easy to recognize. ( dinaric,med etc etc)
phenotypes can persist after mixing, no problem with that. Notice that there is mixture of variety of phenotypes through Albania, but you don't have three distinct groups you can recognize, EEF, WHG and EHG.

I never said albanians are one homogenous race. They are united by a shared history and language yet its very apparent that there exist all sorts of tendencies there.
The height difference between north and south alone is super apparent.
Yes, I can see genetic differences between Gheg and Tosk. It might have happen when part of Albanians got mixed with some newcomers, or other group close by got Albanised. Regardless, both are mixed of 3 ancestral main groups (plus extras) just in a bit different proportions. Same race anyway. Some differences could have also arisen in bottlenecking and separation in mountains.

Point is that world is now better connected, people travel around the world, mingle extensively, and it is just the beginning of connected global village. There is no secluded place on earth anymore for people to evolve into a different yet race. Well, unless we keep Amazon Tribes in strikt reserves forever, and some religious sects choose to do so too.

LlwSOwF

More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable.

Maybe the question should be if, but only when whole world becomes well mixed in single race?

Please post pictures of how you think well mixed individual of the world will look like.

I think its possible. Ever wonder what the end result would be in the future? Assuming we become one big race, couldn't it possibly hit a stalemate?

What I mean is, the less genetically diverse a people the more likely they are susceptible to dying out.

Wouldn't it eventually come to a point that theres relatively no diversification of genes, making us weaker evolutionarily speaking? That is assuming we become one culture as well.

I think its possible. Ever wonder what the end result would be in the future? Assuming we become one big race, couldn't it possibly hit a stalemate?

What I mean is, the less genetically diverse a people the more likely they are susceptible to dying out.

Wouldn't it eventually come to a point that theres relatively no diversification of genes, making us weaker evolutionarily speaking? That is assuming we become one culture as well.
Actually, all the genes of today's people (or almost all) will continue live throughout humankind, but mixed and scrambled in many of future people. For example, even though there is only 2% of Neandertal genes in each of us, there are not exactly the same in each of us. When we collect them from all people we can get about 50% of Neanderthal genome. So there will be one race, but very diverse phenotypicaly race.
On other hand, perhaps before people mix into one race, we'll get into designer babies stage of evolution, and kids will look how parents desire. Then every generation might have a distinct look, like clothes in fashion. Though I'm sure under strict government regulations to keep wacky ideas in check. So no matter what phenotypes will be chosen by parents, all will be beautiful, healthy, strong, smart, creative, social, optimistic and maybe even kind. ;)

but simple mutations do not produce "race". its mutation, selection and drift that leads to seperation. selection is turned off and so is drift because of migration. the only thing that still happens is mutation. but this is completey irrelevant.
it would have to be a mutation that changes the phenotype. then this would have to be selected or it will just be there without any effect or significance. and modern migration would bring this new phenotype to a new region really quickly anyway.
sure there will always be little differences in the genome. but they will all be in complete disordered. and they happen too slow and migration and the lack of selection make it impossible that in a certain region you will accumulate mutations in certain loci that change the phenotype of a population in one part of the world while they are absent in other regions of the world.

Unless there is some catastrophic event which causes everyone to migrate to a single location .

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but if millions of European women migrated to Africa, natural selection would be in their favour , there are only 2 barriers between ethnic groups that keeps them from mixing and that is the language & cultural barrier.

During the 19 century Latin America made plans to reduce (ethnically cleanse) the African/negro population through​ inter-mixing, the politicians of Latin America advised the United States to do the same but instead the US freed their slaves.

From what I can remember the Latin American politicians saw their plans as being successful saying that the US will regret their actions or something like that.

What a blind way of reasoning. There is no "cultural barrier", there is a spiritual one. People build culture. And they do so while teaching their children the "correct" way to speak. The "better" language takes over very fast, already in the first generation. Culture is not essentially needed -- except for what is required to sustain an environment for the Spirit to grow. So when you have a culture that doesn't cultivate the Spirit, it doesn't matter whether everyone looks and speaks exactly the same -- they will not truly be One People, their ruined, sabotaged culture would act one in the act of separating people. This doesn't really matter, and they still could mix. If they did, they could adopted the right spiritual values, and in my humble opinion, those that I uphold to dictate that you should avoid mixing with other races whenever possible, unless "special" circumstances occur -- those circumstances depend utterly on what the Three Zoryas' will is.

I apologize for poor typography and/or sentencing (tautology). First post, and I thought edits surely would be possible on this forum. Alas, they're disabled (at least for me).

If our breeding entropy is high enough to overcome genetic drift and whatever natural selection processes remain, then yes. If not, no.

Imo - people are working to make it happen, you do have to question the motives behind policies regarding immigration to the West over the past three decades in particular. And, to be honest, the idea is a noble one - all of humanity united, with no nations, races or classes. It would be a paradise.

I for one welcome the New World Order with open arms.

"all of humanity united, with no nations, races or classes"
population differentiation probably won't excist anymore but i wouldn't be so sure about nations and classes. and while there will be no differences between populations, people still won't be equal. we already have these differences between population and also inside these groups. i feel like eugenics are on the rise again we just don't realize that yet. it already starts with pre natal diagnosis and it ends with designer babies. every honest scientist will tell you that this is going to happen as soon as its possible. and i actually have nothing to say against it. but anyway genetically humans will never be equal.

Last edited:
More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable.
Maybe the question should be if, but only when whole world becomes well mixed in single race?
Please post pictures of how you think well mixed individual of the world will look like.
Does this site espouse this outcome of Europeans, or is the question posed for a spicey forum debate? If I registered with this site to learn of European heritage, traditions and genetics, did I come to the wrong site when its Mods and Admins are "Citizens of the World" living in Canada, USA and Brazil, not Europe? This site markets itself as a European travel and heritage site but spends a lot of time per forum posts on population genetics and banning members for being too nationalistic. Travel for leisure generally derives from desire for diversity of national customs, architecture, cuisine, etc., not for one-world, one-race homogeneity. Genetics can significantly influence a nation's sense or heritage, i.e. Cheddar Man controversy, so clarity of underlying mission or goal would be appreciated.

Does this site espouse this outcome of Europeans, or is the question posed for a spicey forum debate? If I registered with this site to learn of European heritage, traditions and genetics, did I come to the wrong site when its Mods and Admins are "Citizens of the World" living in Canada, USA and Brazil, not Europe? This site markets itself as a European travel and heritage site but spends a lot of time per forum posts on population genetics and banning members for being too nationalistic. Travel for leisure generally derives from desire for diversity of national customs, architecture, cuisine, etc., not for one-world, one-race homogeneity. Genetics can significantly influence a nation's sense or heritage, i.e. Cheddar Man controversy, so clarity of underlying mission or goal would be appreciated.

There are an interesting variety of Topics and Threads.
Posters have opinions, just like you and I.
Mods come from everywhere, Europe too.
Have fun. :)

Does this site espouse this outcome of Europeans, or is the question posed for a spicey forum debate? If I registered with this site to learn of European heritage, traditions and genetics, did I come to the wrong site when its Mods and Admins are "Citizens of the World" living in Canada, USA and Brazil, not Europe? This site markets itself as a European travel and heritage site but spends a lot of time per forum posts on population genetics and banning members for being too nationalistic.
Every semi-successful forum gets infiltrated with varying degrees of success.

This thread has been viewed 285947 times.

Back