Will all people of the world mix creating one race in the future?

LeBrok

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Citizen of the world
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b Z2109
mtDNA haplogroup
H1c
More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable.

Maybe the question should be if, but only when whole world becomes well mixed in single race?

Please post pictures of how you think well mixed individual of the world will look like.

Last edited:
Sure, but no matter if we like it or not, the process exists and is accelerating. We can scream, we can kick, but it will happen.
You can't stop natural forces and processes, unless you are a dictator arranging all marriages to your liking ( only postponing inevitable).
The world used to be big and distances huge, now world is a village and you can get everywhere in 24 hours to talk to anyone you want.

Current period is like a minute on the line of history :) We don't know how things will unfold. One way or another group mentality and behaviour is part of human nature, unless you dramatically change it (Transhumanism?) a melting pot on a global scale won't happen...

Originally Posted by Kardu
Mixing is a fact of historical process (in the past peaceful mixing was rare btw) and by itself neutral, seeing it as nice or not is a matter of taste.

Sure, but no matter if we like it or not, the process exists and is accelerating. We can scream, we can kick, but it will happen.
You can't stop natural forces and processes, unless you are a dictator arranging all marriages to your liking ( only postponing inevitable).
The world used to be big and distances huge, now world is a village and you can get everywhere in 24 hours to talk to anyone you want.​

Current period is like a minute on the line of history :) We don't know how things will unfold. One way or another group mentality and behaviour is part of human nature, unless you dramatically change it (Transhumanism?) a melting pot on a global scale won't happen...

But it already happened few times.
First time when Homo Sapience left Africa and mixed with all the Homo Erectus species that hey physically could. It took good 50 thousand years but it happened.
By spread of paternal lines we can deduce that many isolated populations, of ancient times, moved to different areas and mixed with locals. It's enough to look at maternal and paternal lines of Europe to see the aftermath of melting pot of the past.
I don't see how this won't happen again, given all the reasons from my post #3, above.

There are places where this mixing is already happening on larg scale. Giving good visualization how the world will look in a hundred or two years. Look at USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, or Brazil. They are huge melting pots now, but give it few hundred years and you'll sea one mixed type (race) emerging.
I think in Brazil you can already see some well mixed individuals, made of white, black and local native ("Indian") walking the streets.

More and more people can travel freely around the world, also emigrating and immigrating on large scale. Old customs and arranged marriages coming to past, and freedom of personal choices is embraced. Racism and segregation is abolished and interracial mixing become socially acceptable.

Maybe the question should be if, but only when whole world becomes well mixed in single race?

A single race is impossible. Even if somehow miraculously everybody mixed today, fairly quickly evolution will create again races between climate zones. This question is like asking: "are we ever going to have only 1 kind of monkey on earth?"

But it already happened few times.
First time when Homo Sapience left Africa and mixed with all the Homo Erectus species that hey physically could. It took good 50 thousand years but it happened.
By spread of paternal lines we can deduce that many isolated populations, of ancient times, moved to different areas and mixed with locals. It's enough to look at maternal and paternal lines of Europe to see the aftermath of melting pot of the past.
I don't see how this won't happen again, given all the reasons from my post #3, above.

There are places where this mixing is already happening on larg scale. Giving good visualization how the world will look in a hundred or two years. Look at USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, or Brazil. They are huge melting pots now, but give it few hundred years and you'll sea one mixed type (race) emerging.
I think in Brazil you can already see some well mixed individuals, made of white, black and local native ("Indian") walking the streets.

Too idealistic picture... And Brasil..: gated communities with rich white minority....

And in the Western world it happens because of directed propaganda and education. I don't see similar processes in Japan, Korea etc...

A single race is impossible. Even if somehow miraculously everybody mixed today, fairly quickly evolution will create again races between climate zones. This question is like asking: "are we ever going to have only 1 kind of monkey on earth?"
Ah, but thanks to recent advances in medicine and technology we can avoid old trappings of climatic zones. White people can use sun-screen in Africa and anti-malaria medicine, and Africans can supplement lack of vitamin D with pills when in cooler latitudes, and can buy thicker clothes not to freeze. We can buy right clothes hours after arrival to different zones,and use heating or cooling systems in buildings. And this is just a beginning of our technological and medical innovations.

Ah, but thanks to recent advances in medicine and technology we can avoid old trappings of climatic zones. White people can use sun-screen in Africa and anti-malaria medicine, and Africans can supplement lack of vitamin D with pills when in cooler latitudes, and can buy thicker clothes not to freeze. We can buy right clothes hours after arrival to different zones,and use heating or cooling systems in buildings. And this is just a beginning of our technological and medical innovations.
Those things are far from stopping evolution, which works in mysterious ways. This brings to mind the story of the Tower of Babel, people thought they could build a tower and shoot an arrow to god.

Nice point Kamani, sometimes I ponder at how hyper-connected we are all and realize we're just one giant coronal ejection away from living in the dark ages again. Our financial, agricultural, and energy systems have gotten so complex, I'm a bit surprised we've made it this far. And I wouldn't consider the U.S. a melting pot... more of a salad bowl. Mixing isn't as common in the U.S. as some might think.

But back to the original question... my vote for what the human race looks like after "complete mixing" would be an actress from Canada--Rae Dawn Chong. She has Chinese, Scot-Irish, French, African, and American Indian (Cherokee) heritage. If you have an interest in ancient DNA, please watch her film "Quest for Fire".

Last edited:
I like your photo!!

We can't leave Tiger Woods off of the list... he's a mix of African-American, Native American, Thai, Chinese, and Dutch.

there is a possibility , but it will take years for that to happen,
may be another century or two

Mixing is possible only while we have vehicles and airplanes to travel so far in one day. I wonder what will happen when we run out of oil?

Mixing is possible only while we have vehicles and airplanes to travel so far in one day. I wonder what will happen when we run out of oil?
Did you hear about biofuel, solar panels, batteries and nuclear fusion and fission? Till our Sun dies we never going to run out of energy.

People are mixing race and species as if they are compatible. Were are a very homogenized single species. Race is subjective. I think the question has to be a lot more specific, like can we breed out different skin color, or different hair color, et. If you say race, then no. We like to categorize people. We would have a new race of tall and short, or fast and slow. Plus, isolation and close breeding patterns produce interesting physical traits. Unless we invent instantaneous transportation devices, and outlaw communities like the Amish, it will be impossible to maintain the global melting pot.

Perhaps it is time to admit, or consider that we have always been one race with various groups physically impacted by their environment. One race made up of different haplogroups. Science will make 'race' a thing of the past.

i doubt that will happen look at america how many different ethnic groups we have whites almost always have kids with whites same with all other races. there is nothing wrong with that but in the future i doubt wars will cause people to inter marry more. Rome had a huge empire all over Europe and areas of north Africa and the mid east all of those people where Romans technically. but they almost ever mixed there is not alot of DNA evidence of it. Rome was Roman and still is people in Italy and Rome genetically have not really changed that much since the Roman empire. It does seem they did inter marry with Greeks and mid easterns alot before the Roman empire.

i doubt that will happen look at america how many different ethnic groups we have whites almost always have kids with whites same with all other races. there is nothing wrong with that but in the future i doubt wars will cause people to inter marry more. Rome had a huge empire all over Europe and areas of north Africa and the mid east all of those people where Romans technically. but they almost ever mixed there is not alot of DNA evidence of it. Rome was Roman and still is people in Italy and Rome genetically have not really changed that much since the Roman empire. It does seem they did inter marry with Greeks and mid easterns alot before the Roman empire.
100 years ago you had huge divide between ethnic groups in US. English, German, Irish, Italians, etc. Now they've blend in pretty much into one white America.
Isn't it true that 25% black American men have European Y DNA?
Pay attention that mixing process is only speeding up.

100 years ago you had huge divide between ethnic groups in US. English, German, Irish, Italians, etc. Now they've blend in pretty much into one white America.
Isn't it true that 25% black American men have European Y DNA?
Pay attention that mixing process is only speeding up.

well sure white people from differnt nations marry each other that is not that big of a deal genetically germans and polish like 10,000ybp or more years ago are mainly descended of the same people they both look exactly the same. u are saying like different races constantly mixing.

also the 25% european y dna in blacks came in slavery age. slave owners raped women slaves same reason why 20% of black aust dna(in globe13 test) is of European origin. also their european aust DNA ratio perfectly matches British men they did not inter marry with Italians or Polish in recent times. the mixing is not already happening.

well sure white people from differnt nations marry each other that is not that big of a deal genetically germans and polish like 10,000ybp or more years ago are mainly descended of the same people they both look exactly the same. u are saying like different races constantly mixing.
Granted it was a lesser messalians than interracial marriage, but still people broke their strong cultural divides and hatred and British married Irish or German Polish.
In todays more tolerant society racial borders are being open. It is just a mater of time for all to mix. Give it a thousand of years.

This thread has been viewed 284256 times.

Back