Mama, papa is understandable even if it is Cantonese for Mom and Pop. Hindi would Ma, Bap, Baba, Pitaji ('ji' respectful term) for Mom and Dad. Kaw or kao for dog and Khuta or Khoota in Hindi for dog.

Maciamo,

I agree that R1b is decidedly a foreign, and likely, Indo-European origin into Western Eruope. But can we be even a little sure that the Basque language isn't also foreign to Europe? Why is everyone so sure that Iberians have had such a lengthy linguistic continuity in SW Europe?
If R1b-V88 adopted various Semetic languages, possibly spreading them to parts of Africa,

Could it be that the Basque language was once a North African fringe language adopted by R1b people who eventually migrated to West Europe? Perhaps their original Y haplogroup mix was different, and only recently came to be dominated by R1b?

In the 1990's, an Italian scholar, G.M. Facchetti, found compelling evidence that Basque together with Etruscan was related to the North Caucasian group of languages spoken in the area where Russian, Turkey and Iran all come together. One linguist proposed a hypothetical language called "Proto-Daghestanian" spoken here which he says was the common ancestor of Basque, Etruscan and all the North Caucasian languages like Abkhazian, Chechen, Ingush, Circassian etc.
(France - Pigmon/Pimond / Greece - Pygmon)

It's not even proved that North-West Caucasian languages (Abkhazian, Circassian) are at all related to North-East Caucasian languages (Chechen-Ingush). Current DNA data also does not support the idea that those peoples are genetically related.
So to generalize this relationship to Basque and Etruscan is not right imho.

My hypothesis:

I think R1b were nonconformist people whose were exploring to settle where they wish, always looking for a better way of life. Spreading from their original core in SW Iberia, and probably an important part of them were seduced by basque-aquitanian country way of life,country which in the surroundings were inhabited in those times by cromagnoids whose had speaks the language known as basque, So the R1b basques became sedentary with very attachment about their land, adopting a foreign language, the cromanoid language. R1b and cromagnoids were mixed forming the modern celtiberians (all around Iberia, not only in basque country). Another R1b people continued their voyage to French Brittany, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England. Then became another expansion from the isles to Norway, and from Brittany-Aquitania to Central Europe. the R1b Central European people spreads to north Italy, the East Europe and Catalonia-Aragón-Rioja-Navarra in Iberia. The most plausible origin of R1b was in the SW of Iberia. At this point is very important to considerate the celtic "castros"(spanish word) in Cogotas I y II, and all about Vettons in general.

To Me , It Seems Absurd To Keep Lumping The Basques With The Cromagnons. Other Than U8a There Is Nothing That Sets The Basques Apart From Other Western Europeans In Terms Of Genetic Composition. The Most Prevelant Argument For The Basques Being A Relic Cro Magnon Population Is Theur Language, But This Proves Nothing, Many Neolthic And Bronze Age Cultures With Languages That Were Non Indoeuropean Dotted Europe Well Into The Iron Age, And Most Were Recent Arrivals, Or Stem From The Neolithic, And The Area Of Iberia Experienced Many Neolithic Introductions, Its Not Like Its Isolated Like Scandinavia.A Language That Corrisponds To The Time Of The Vascone Language( Precursor To Basque ) Is Etruscan Which Probably Came From Palestine Post Neolithic. So What Is So Special About The Basques That Screams Cro Magnon Descendent? Has Already Come Up I Go Through This Giant

To Me , It Seems Absurd To Keep Lumping The Basques With The Cromagnons. Other Than U8a There Is Nothing That Sets The Basques Apart From Other Western Europeans In Terms Of Genetic Composition. The Most Prevelant Argument For The Basques Being A Relic Cro Magnon Population Is Theur Language, But This Proves Nothing, Many Neolthic And Bronze Age Cultures With Languages That Were Non Indoeuropean Dotted Europe Well Into The Iron Age, And Most Were Recent Arrivals, Or Stem From The Neolithic, And The Area Of Iberia Experienced Many Neolithic Introductions, Its Not Like Its Isolated Like Scandinavia.A Language That Corrisponds To The Time Of The Vascone Language( Precursor To Basque ) Is Etruscan Which Probably Came From Palestine Post Neolithic. So What Is So Special About The Basques That Screams Cro Magnon Descendent? Has Already Come Up I Go Through This Giant

I don't know if you are talking about Pi gman's words or mine. If you had talk about mine, you are very wrong. I did never said basques are the descendants of cromagnoids. I told basques (and the most of modern Spaniards, are the result of a R1b x cromanoid
Mixture, being R1b dominant.

The basque language is that could be the cromanoid language.

I don't know if you are talking about Pi gman's words or mine. If you had talk about mine, you are very wrong. I did never said basques are the descendants of cromagnoids. I told basques (and the most of modern Spaniards, are the result of a R1b x cromanoid
Mixture, being R1b dominant.

The basque language is that could be the cromanoid language.
Wasnt Pointing The Rant At Anyone In Paticular, Just At The General Idea Of Basques Being Descendents Of Paleolithic Populations More So Than Other Europeans. Also To Reference Youre Comment On The Basque Language Being A Paleolithic European Remnant, There Is No Linguistic Evidence To Support This, As We Have No Knowledge Of Paleolithic European Languages, All The Talk Of It Could Be The Only Native European Language Is Story Telling. Genetic Evidence Says Otherwise, And The Evidence That Shows Many Neolithic Mjgrations Into Iberia, Says That The Language Is Likely Is A Migrant From North Africa Or The Middle East, And Came In The Bronze Or Neolithic Age.

The middle east component in modern spaniards is insignificant. Before the IE people came to Iberia, here were very important civilizations as "El Algar" and "Los Millares" so developed as the Middle East ones. Add to this the independent domestication of horse and we get another core of development. Favourable to spread.

The evidence about basque such a possible cromanoid language is the nonexistent links between basque and every known language.

Wasnt Pointing The Rant At Anyone In Paticular, Just At The General Idea Of Basques Being Descendents Of Paleolithic Populations More So Than Other Europeans. Also To Reference Youre Comment On The Basque Language Being A Paleolithic European Remnant, There Is No Linguistic Evidence To Support This, As We Have No Knowledge Of Paleolithic European Languages, All The Talk Of It Could Be The Only Native European Language Is Story Telling. Genetic Evidence Says Otherwise, And The Evidence That Shows Many Neolithic Mjgrations Into Iberia, Says That The Language Is Likely Is A Migrant From North Africa Or The Middle East, And Came In The Bronze Or Neolithic Age.

Sorry but why are u capitalizing the beginning of every single word. It is kinda annoying when trying to read your sentences.

My hypothesis:

I think R1b were nonconformist people whose were exploring to settle where they wish, always looking for a better way of life. Spreading from their original core in SW Iberia, and probably an important part of them were seduced by basque-aquitanian country way of life,country which in the surroundings were inhabited in those times by cromagnoids whose had speaks the language known as basque, So the R1b basques became sedentary with very attachment about their land, adopting a foreign language, the cromanoid language. R1b and cromagnoids were mixed forming the modern celtiberians (all around Iberia, not only in basque country). Another R1b people continued their voyage to French Brittany, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England. Then became another expansion from the isles to Norway, and from Brittany-Aquitania to Central Europe. the R1b Central European people spreads to north Italy, the East Europe and Catalonia-Aragón-Rioja-Navarra in Iberia. The most plausible origin of R1b was in the SW of Iberia. At this point is very important to considerate the celtic "castros"(spanish word) in Cogotas I y II, and all about Vettons in general.

I find it funny how you think R1b originated in the Iberian peninsula just because you happen to live there. All the evidence suggests that R1b came with the Indo-Europeans. R1b diversity isn't very high in Spain, nether is R1b frequency the highest there. Haplogroup I is the best candidate of being the oldest Y haplogroup in Europe. Everyone in the forum has put enough effort and evidence into pretty much proving that completely. Read all the old threads that have to do with haplogroups and their respective ages.

The middle east component in modern spaniards is insignificant. Before the IE people came to Iberia, here were very important civilizations as "El Algar" and "Los Millares" so developed as the Middle East ones. Add to this the independent domestication of horse and we get another core of development. Favourable to spread.

The evidence about basque such a possible cromanoid language is the nonexistent links between basque and every known language.
How Is It Being An Isolate Evidence, Could Have Entered In The Bronze Age, Like Many Pre Indo European Iberian Languages, With All The Others DyiNg Out After The Gallo Ramon Expansion Leaving Basque As The Only Remanant Of The Arrival. As I Referenced In One Of My Previous Posts, Estruscan Has No Connection To Other Languages, But We Can Link The Arrival Of The Estruscans To A Bronze Or Iron Age Migration From Palestine.

migration from Palestine for Etruscans? cultural influences, maybe - or a surprising but possible link to a population of the Greece-Anatolia borders, linked to the so called Phillistins -I believe they were part of the big trouble produced by the "Sea Peoples" at one time - linguistical possible links to anatolian pre-I-E languages could make sense (even if personal names could seam hellenic) -
Y-R1b west european subHGs doesn't seam born in Iberia - but Basques show definitely more links to N-W Europeans (heavy neo-celticremannts) than others Iberians, even if there is no broad genetic canyon separating Spaniards and Basques - and the relatively high level of so called 'gedrosia' component among Basques as in Neo-Celts popul

-ations is interesting too, as said yet by Spongetaro - as a whole, Western Europe and Scandinvai show more Gedrosia than other parts of Europe, closer enevrtheless to gedrosia gravity center... I have not made ma choice yet.

migration from Palestine for Etruscans? cultural influences, maybe - or a surprising but possible link to a population of the Greece-Anatolia borders, linked to the so called Phillistins -I believe they were part of the big trouble produced by the "Sea Peoples" at one time - linguistical possible links to anatolian pre-I-E languages could make sense (even if personal names could seam hellenic) -
Y-R1b west european subHGs doesn't seam born in Iberia - but Basques show definitely more links to N-W Europeans (heavy neo-celticremannts) than others Iberians, even if there is no broad genetic canyon separating Spaniards and Basques - and the relatively high level of so called 'gedrosia' component among Basques as in Neo-Celts popul

gedrosia is also called Balochi ( south east iranian area )

I find it funny how you think R1b originated in the Iberian peninsula just because you happen to live there. All the evidence suggests that R1b came with the Indo-Europeans. R1b diversity isn't very high in Spain, nether is R1b frequency the highest there. Haplogroup I is the best candidate of being the oldest Y haplogroup in Europe. Everyone in the forum has put enough effort and evidence into pretty much proving that completely. Read all the old threads that have to do with haplogroups and their respective ages.

What are you trying to say about I'm Spaniard? can you explain it? What kind of childish reasoning is that? Do you pretend to say that I'm not able to talk about my origins? cannot investigate my origins? need the spaniards the explanation of a foreign person because ours is not reliable? w h a t d o y o u m e a n?.

What are you trying to say about I'm Spaniard? can you explain it? What kind of childish reasoning is that? Do you pretend to say that I'm not able to talk about my origins? cannot investigate my origins? need the spaniards the explanation of a foreign person because ours is not reliable? w h a t d o y o u m e a n?.

You are biased, that is what I mean. You are automatically assuming that R1b originates in Iberia just because you happen to be Spaniard. That is really egotistic. Read all the threads regarding R1b and you will see that it most likely didn't originate in Europe.

I am Iberian, and I also see that it's pretty obvious that R1b did not originate in Iberia. Ziober, you can think what you want, but you're wrong. It's nothing against you, read the threads and look for more research (the forum works for the purpose).

But I must say, I also totally disagree with the people who take modern haplogroup frequencies so dogmatically. Because basically, being for instance R1b or I dominant, doesn't mean anything (o very little) in terms of autosomal. And that's what tells the full story.

I am Iberian, and I also see that it's pretty obvious that R1b did not originate in Iberia. Ziober, you can think what you want, but you're wrong. It's nothing against you, read the threads and look for more research (the forum works for the purpose).

But I must say, I also totally disagree with the people who take modern haplogroup frequencies so dogmatically. Because basically, being for instance R1b or I dominant, doesn't mean anything (o very little) in terms of autosomal. And that's what tells the full story.
I also believe that R1b is not native to Europe, and believe it represents the expansion of indo european languages, however i don't think you are justified in saying that he is "wrong". even if your a professional anthropologist or geneticist you cant be sure to be right. New discoveries are made everyday in the field of genetic research, and considering that the field itself is in its infancy, i don't think anyone can be sure of anything at this moment.
Something i hold true to myself, is that you must always question the status quot, even if you agree with it, always keep challenging perceptions. When taking such a strong stance, like you are now, you isolate yourself from all sides except one. I guess my point is, you can believe something to be true, but always keep a lingering doubt in the back of your mind. Also never act like you know everything, as Socrates once said after the Oracle of Delphi proclaimed him the wisest man in Greece," If i am the wisest man, than it is because i alone, know i know nothing".

This thread has been viewed 254211 times.

Back