Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haplogroup I in Finland

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%

Balder,look at the Swiderian Culture : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiderian_culture and post-Swiderian Culture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsa_culture . "The “history of population of haplogroup I1 is more complicated than a simple expansion from Scandinavia, and it may include ancient relations between the Finno-Ugric peoples of Eastern Europe and the ancestors of German-speaking Scandinavians.” The Russian journal of genetic genealogi: http://aaronjhill.wordpress.com/2010...1%D0%B8%D1%8F/ and don´t forget the Gravettian Culture!

Marquis Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Some of the balkanian I-M423 would migrate north to Poland becoming L-147 which would subsequently migrate to Moldova, rare parts of Ukraine and Croatia at low % . Note 12a is also found at higher frequencies I believe in Moldova. The L161 would migrate the opposite way as its brother 147, going through northern Germany ending up in England at low %. L38 is a weird branch that I cannot even being to explain. Very low levels for most of these bizarre I2 sub-branches some at much higher levels though such as M423 of course. Also there is the I-M227 which is directly I1. It has been found in a few polish and Austrian samples but overall it's found highest at slightly under 1% of certain Slavic and Uralic people's.
    Last edited by adamo; 15-04-13 at 22:48.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 3.0%

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gyms View Post
    Balder,look at the Swiderian Culture : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiderian_culture and post-Swiderian Culture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsa_culture . "The “history of population of haplogroup I1 is more complicated than a simple expansion from Scandinavia, and it may include ancient relations between the Finno-Ugric peoples of Eastern Europe and the ancestors of German-speaking Scandinavians.” The Russian journal of genetic genealogi: http://aaronjhill.wordpress.com/2010...1%D0%B8%D1%8F/ and don´t forget the Gravettian Culture!
    The Gravettian culture no longer existed at the time of the repopulation of Finno- Scandinavia. Circa 11000 to 13000 years ago, the prodominant culture was the Magdelenian in west Europe, and was most likely the one to migrate north for the initial repopulation, the Gravettian period was about 20000 to 28000 YBP just before the LGM.

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%

Yes,I know that.I am talking about a possible Connection between the Gravettian-Epigravettian-Swiderian Cultures. "Around 32,000, the Gravettian culture appears in the Crimean Mountains (southern Ukraine).[8][9] Around 22,000 BCE, the Solutrean and Gravettian cultures reach the southwestern region of Europe. The Gravettian technology/culture has been theorized to have come with migrations of people from the Middle East, Anatolia, and the Balkans. A theory suggests they carried the Haplogroup I (Y-DNA) but scientists have failed to recover Y-DNA of that age. The cultures might be linked with the transitional cultures mentioned before, because their techniques have some similarities and are both very different from Aurignacian ones but this issue is thus far very obscure. The Gravettian soon disappears from southwestern Europe, with the notable exception of the Mediterranean coasts of Iberia. The Gravettian culture also appears in the Caucasus and the Zagros mountains."

Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European mix

There's alot of I1 in Russia. Further SNP testing will be instumental in determining the age of these subclades-- and this will help us determine the route(s) travelled.

We need more data points in able to prove the path taken to Scandinavia. With the on-going research in Denmark (archeological) and as more precise SNP testing is performed (all over, but especially in Russia and Germany)... we will have a better idea of historical movements of I1.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Yes,I know that.I am talking about a possible Connection between the Gravettian-Epigravettian-Swiderian Cultures. "Around 32,000, the Gravettian culture appears in the Crimean Mountains (southern Ukraine).[8][9] Around 22,000 BCE, the Solutrean and Gravettian cultures reach the southwestern region of Europe. The Gravettian technology/culture has been theorized to have come with migrations of people from the Middle East, Anatolia, and the Balkans. A theory suggests they carried the Haplogroup I (Y-DNA) but scientists have failed to recover Y-DNA of that age. The cultures might be linked with the transitional cultures mentioned before, because their techniques have some similarities and are both very different from Aurignacian ones but this issue is thus far very obscure. The Gravettian soon disappears from southwestern Europe, with the notable exception of the Mediterranean coasts of Iberia. The Gravettian culture also appears in the Caucasus and the Zagros mountains."
    Ah ok, I failed to understand the connection in your initial post. It would be very interesting if your theory is true, unfourtunatley NW is right and the genetic evidence is lacking, but none the less very thought provoking connection.

3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-M253 ->I-FT141485
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a6

Ethnic group
    Finnish-Swedish 50%, Finnish 50%

Y-haplogroup I1 is Finnugric!
    Well, is it really so?

I am I1-M253 and did my Big Y-700 last autumn. This SNP Tracker map shows my paternal lineage´s route to Finland via Scandinavia.

I-Y46754 kartta.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 95.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223/I-P78 clade
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

Balder: Thanks for that map, My ancestors are all from Sicily-Southern Italy. I just had my DNA done from National Geographic which gave me Y and M Dna, along with Neanderthal admixture, which Ancestry does not provide. Well, I have I-M223 (P78 clade), which is also I guess I2A2. Any theories on that clade in Italy. One explanation is that it is a hold over pre Ice age and was a major Y Haplogroup of the Western Hunter Gatherers. So if the WHG used Southern Europe as a refuge, it could have been a lineage that survived post ice-age in Southern Europe before the expansion of Early European Farmers. This explanation makes sense to me.

PS if there is a thread already started on Haplogroup I in Italy, let me know and I will move my question there. Thanks in advance. Still a little new here.
    Last edited by Palermo Trapani; 19-01-20 at 21:56. Reason: clarification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12