Who were the Adriatic Veneti?

GrecoItalicIllyrian

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Apulian
In terms of ethnicity, culture, language, etc
Were they Illyrians, Italic, or Celts?
I would love to know as much about them as possible, thanks.

Look for existing threads with Veneti/Venedi, there are few on this site.

In terms of ethnicity, culture, language, etc
Were they Illyrians, Italic, or Celts?
I would love to know as much about them as possible, thanks.

check for thread called - veneti

current DNA

pre-roman (%)
E-V13 = 2.2
E-M215 = 2.2
E-M34 = 2.1 (semitic people)
G-P15 = 4.2
I-M423 = 21.3
I-M26 = 2.1
J-M172 = 10.7
L-M317 = 2.1
R-M420 = 12.8
R-M269 = 40.4

2008 tests (%)
E-M33 = 1.5
E-V13 = 1.5
E-M123 = 1.5
G2a* = 11.9
I1* = 9.0
I2a1* = 9.4
I-M223 = 1.5
J2a* = 3.0
J2a1k = 3.0
J-M92 = 1.5
L2-M317 = 4.5
R-M420 = 10.4
R-M269 = 41.8
T-L131 = 3.0
T-P77 = 0.3

Phenotype
Central and Eastern Veneto ( with friuli)
- Type 1 : Intermediate complexion (chestnut or blonde hair, light eyes, ...), leptomorphic, rather narrow face, long and straight high-rooted nose that can get arched, close set eyes, large jaw, pointy chin
~ Dinaromorphic Nordo-Mediterranean

Western Veneto ( with Trento )
- Type 2 : Intermediate complexion, brachymorphic, round face, little and low-rooted nose that can get snub-tipped, wide set eyes
~ Alpinoid

Venetian lagoon area

- Type 3 : Intermediate complexion (from medium dark to blonde hair, blue, green or hazel eyes ...), brachymorphic, little and narrow straight nose, square-box face, broad forehead, rather wide-set eyes
~ Alpinoid/Subnordid

Venetian-Istrano
- Type 4 : Light complexion (blonde hair, green eyes, ...), leptomorphic, arched nose, large jaw, pointy chin, close-set eyes
~ Nordo-Dinarid

women , either
type that one could label, "Alpino-Med" which is very specific to Veneto : puffy and fleshy features
or
classical North Italian phenotype ( some individuals actually match neighbouring Slovenian variability), it is traditionally accompanied by a darker variant (Dinaro-Mediterranoid) which is the quintessential pan-Italian phenotype.

check for thread called - veneti

current DNA

pre-roman (%)
E-V13 = 2.2
E-M215 = 2.2
E-M34 = 2.1 (semitic people)
G-P15 = 4.2
I-M423 = 21.3
I-M26 = 2.1
J-M172 = 10.7
L-M317 = 2.1
R-M420 = 12.8
R-M269 = 40.4

Where did you pull these Pre-Roman Y-DNA frequencies? There is no ancient DNA performed about Venetian remains. It's really amazing how some people on this forum put laughable data and opinions.

Where did you pull these Pre-Roman Y-DNA frequencies? There is no ancient DNA performed about Venetian remains. It's really amazing how some people on this forum put laughable data and opinions.

from November 2012 papers
(Brisighelli et al. 2012)

There is no venetian in pre-roman , what are you talking about?, there was only venetic people covering modern day regions of Veneto, Friuli , Istria and western slovenia. The study took it from Udine . The bulk of the Venetic people would have been the Euganei tribes who where the ORIGINAL people of Veneto and Friuli.

I did not count the Ladini as they are Rhaetian tribes.

Its amazing we still get rude people here. don't you think so!

from November 2012 papers
(Brisighelli et al. 2012)

There is no venetian in pre-roman , what are you talking about?, there was only venetic people covering modern day regions of Veneto, Friuli , Istria and western slovenia. The study took it from Udine . The bulk of the Venetic people would have been the Euganei tribes who where the ORIGINAL people of Veneto and Friuli.

I did not count the Ladini as they are Rhaetian tribes.

Its amazing we still get rude people here. don't you think so!
I think he's talking about testing ancient bones.

I think he's talking about testing ancient bones.

from the papers the 3 spanish and IIRC 2 italian and 1 english testers from a Uni in England did the tests, I need to re-read this, but find article in dienekes and follow the link button to the full document. It took 8 years.

But as I said, there where no venetians in pre-roman times, venetians began in 452AD from peoples of treviso, padua and oderzo areas, the treviso people settled mainly on malamocco ( lido island IIRC ), oderzo people went mainly to Torcello island

This thread has been viewed 9719 times.

Back