K36 from Eurogenes

Fascinating! Do you have any known Georgian ancestry? (as quite some people in Turkey do)
What's the kit number of the Georgian match?
You can pm me if you prefer.

U.S. American, with most known ancestry from British Isles and Germany:

Armenian 3.04%
Central_Euro 5.00%
East_Balkan 8.74%
East_Central_Euro 17.12%
Eastern_Euro 8.90%
Fennoscandian 10.34%
French 4.32%
Iberian 7.29%
Italian 10.52%
Near_Eastern 4.98%
North_Atlantic 4.44%
North_Sea 10.71%
South_Central_Asian 1.18%
Volga-Ural 3.37%

Fascinating! Do you have any known Georgian ancestry? (as quite some people in Turkey do)
What's the kit number of the Georgian match?
You can pm me if you prefer.

My paternal grandmother has a name "Leyli" which is a Georgian name and i think means "Leyla" in Turkish if it is not a typo by the officer in registry office. Typo was very common during the time of transition from Arabic to Latin .

I sent an e-mail to my Georgian match, no answer yet. I will tell you his kit number right after i get approval of him. He is a known one in geneology field by many.

I would like to ask you a question. Because i only have one match in my 25 marker list and he is a Georgian, does it mean my paternal side is Georgian?

I'm a Kurd (unmixed):

South_Central_Asian
21.14%
Near_Eastern
19.33%
East_Med
16.71%
North_Caucasian
16.30%
Armenian
12.64%
Italian
3.74%
West_Caucasian
3.68%
East_Balkan
3.02%
Arabian
2.79%
East_Central_Euro
0.53%
Basque
0.11%

7xn5.jpg

I'm a Kurd (unmixed)

No need to mention that always. You are not more unmixed than most other Kurds. The Yezidi Caste system was introduced by Sheik Adi roughly 1100 AD.
Before that Yezidis mixing up of Yezidis with non Yezidis was not forbidden and there are accounts for this has happened.

The South_Central Asian in Eurogenes K36 is equivalent to Eurogenes K13 West-Central Asian and to Dienekes "Gedrosia".

No need to mention that always. You are not more unmixed than most other Kurds. The Yezidi Caste system was introduced by Sheik Adi roughly 1100 AD.
Before that Yezidis mixing up of Yezidis with non Yezidis was not forbidden and there are accounts for this has happened.

The South_Central Asian in Eurogenes K36 is equivalent to Eurogenes K13 West-Central Asian and to Dienekes "Gedrosia".
At the same time when Turks arrived in Anatolia. Also as far as I know my ancestors were not mixing with non-Kurds for the last 300 years or something even after they left Kurdistan. According to Dienekes K12b I'm almost 30 % Gedrosia, same average like other Kurds. Also I'm sure that that South_Central_Asian and Gedrosia is NATIVE to the Iranian Plateau!

My paternal grandmother has a name "Leyli" which is a Georgian name and i think means "Leyla" in Turkish if it is not a typo by the officer in registry office. Typo was very common during the time of transition from Arabic to Latin .

I sent an e-mail to my Georgian match, no answer yet. I will tell you his kit number right after i get approval of him. He is a known one in geneology field by many.

I would like to ask you a question. Because i only have one match in my 25 marker list and he is a Georgian, does it mean my paternal side is Georgian?

Yes, it's quite possible that if you have only one 25 marker match and its with Georgian that it indicates a Georgian ancestry. Plus considering close links of North-Eastern Turkey with Georgian kingdom.

I believe that R1b persons account is managed by my fellow admin of Georgian DNA project J. Gogitidze and not the person tested himself.

Yes, it's quite possible that if you have only one 25 marker match and its with Georgian that it indicates a Georgian ancestry. Plus considering close links of North-Eastern Turkey with Georgian kingdom.

I believe that R1b persons account is managed by my fellow admin of Georgian DNA project J. Gogitidze and not the person tested himself.

Thanks.

I will try to contact J. Gogitidze to see who the real one i match is.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a new calculator?

http://bga101.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/eurogenes-k36-at-gedmatch.html

My results:

31.04% North_Caucasian
18.68% West_Caucasian
16.76% Near_Eastern
15.57% East_Mediterranean
10.87% Armenian
4.91% South_Central_Asian
2.04% East_Balkan

You can download the necessary files from here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5223...re&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&authkey=!AshoKjpmkqRu3tw

Interesting! here are my results. Three of my grandparents were Slovak and the fourth a white American with ties to the british isles, Germany, france and Switzerland . Karl K39 Eurogenes test.PNG On the blog it says that we can use it a geographic map and pin ourselves to a certaing geographic position. Has anyone else done this? and How?

At the same time when Turks arrived in Anatolia. Also as far as I know my ancestors were not mixing with non-Kurds for the last 300 years or something even after they left Kurdistan. According to Dienekes K12b I'm almost 30 % Gedrosia, same average like other Kurds. Also I'm sure that that South_Central_Asian and Gedrosia is NATIVE to the Iranian Plateau!

Yes for 300 years, but before Sheik Adis Cast System there was mixing of Yezidis with others. I know Yezidis who look hardcore Levantine like Lebanese than I know a Yezidi Singer who shows very strong East Asian physical features. This is my point so you might be relatively unmixed but not much more than other Kurds. Thats the point ;)

Kurdish average Gedrosia is 28%, so yes you are pretty average for Kurd. South_Central Asian(19%) of K36 and West_Central Asian of K13 (22%), Gedrosia (28%) are not 1:1 the same but very similar just with different labels.

Last edited:
This calculator eliminated my small bit of African and inflated my non-extistant Amerindian.

Yes for 300 years, but before Sheik Adis Cast System there was mixing of Yezidis with others. I know Yezidis who look hardcore Levantine like Lebanese than I know a Yezidi Singer who shows very strong East Asian physical features. This is my point so you might be relatively unmixed but not much more than other Kurds. Thats the point ;)

Kurdish average Gedrosia is 28%, so yes you are pretty average for Kurd. South_Central Asian(21%) of K36 and West_Central Asian of K13 (22%), Gedrosia (28%) are not 1:1 the same but very similar just with different names.
Don't know much about phenotypes. Phenotypes are like an optical illusion, you can look very different than what your DNA is telling. So I don't pay much attention to phenotypes.

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you mean that there was (and is) almost no mixing between Kurds and our 'Islamic' neighbours after the Islam arrived in Kurdistan., I do agree with you. So it's true that Kurds didn't mix much with Turks, Arabs and Persians AFTER Islam.
As you know I'm not a Muslim, but my DNA is practically identical to the DNA of an average Kurd.

I do actually believe that we Kurds don't differ a lot from our ancient (Median) ancestors.

but before Sheik Adis Cast System there was mixing of Yezidis with others.
Btw, there was already a some kind of 'CLASS' system before Shex Adi. The distinction 'Mridi' and Pirs existed already in Kurdistan before the reforms of the Kurdish native religion.

Don't know much about phenotypes. Phenotypes are like an optical illusion, you can look very different than what your DNA is telling. So I don't pay much attention to phenotypes.

You can but only if these phenotypes are rare or exceptional for your region(it could be adaption, but the individual does not live in East Asia) or people. But if it is not the cases than in it has usually a genetic reason for that. Believe me these East Asian traits are not "illusions". It could also be an ancient Eurasian connection through Haplogroup R*.

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/s...232531_608178929232872_20219_750_b.jpg&jq=100

I don't know exactly what you mean, but if you mean that there was (and is) almost no mixing between Kurds and our 'Islamic' neighbours after the Islam arrived in Kurdistan., I do agree with you. So it's true that Kurds didn't mix much with Turks, Arabs and Persians AFTER Islam.

Thats my point, there is not much admixture among Yezidi Kurds after Islam but we or our ancestors do not exist only since Islam. ;)

As you know I'm not a Muslim, but my DNA is practically identical to the DNA of an average Kurd.
I do actually believe that we Kurds don't differ a lot from our ancient (Median) ancestors.

I know I didn't said you are atypical. You are average like any unmixed Kurds. So there is not much need to mention this :)

Btw, there was already a some kind of 'CLASS' system before Shex Adi. The distinction 'Mridi' and Pirs existed already in Kurdistan before the reforms of the Kurdish native religion.

The Mirid, Pir classes and distinction existed but the Caste system as we know it with the rules of not marrying non Yezidis was invented by Sheik Adi to prevent the extinction of the Yezidi religion.

22.01% Fennoscandian
18.86% North_Sea
15.02% North_Atlantic
8.34% French
7.94% East_Central_Euro
7.38% Iberian
7.20% Eastern_Euro
6.38% North_Caucasian
5.19% Central_Euro
1.07% Basque
0.41% Amerindian
0.19% Italian
0.01% South_Central_Asian

The North Caucasian seems very strange considering my Norwegian/Finnish heritage...although people have actually been telling me I don't look Norwegian, even other Norwegians at times

Not if you consider that the R1b Indo-Europeans mixed with North Caucasian women in the Early Bronze Age (Maykop, Yamna) before invading Europe (see R1b history).

South_Central_Asian 18.94%
East_Med 18.24%
Near_Eastern 18.06%
North_Caucasian 13.63%
Armenian 11.01%
West_Caucasian 10.29%
Italian 4.03%
Central_Euro 2.75%
Arabian 1.34%
Basque 0.97%
West_Med 0.65%
Iberian 0.08%
East_Balkan 0.02%

Arabian3.30%
Armenian19.12%
Basque-
Central_African-
Central_Euro0.93%
East_African-
East_Asian-
East_Balkan0.17%
East_Central_Asian-
East_Central_Euro-
East_Med12.56%
Eastern_Euro-
Fennoscandian-
French0.35%
Iberian-
Indo-Chinese-
Italian7.95%
Malayan-
Near_Eastern14.03%
North_African-
North_Atlantic-
North_Caucasian18.73%
North_Sea-
Northeast_African-
Oceanian-
Omotic-
Pygmy-
Siberian-
South_Asian-
South_Central_Asian2.89%
South_Chinese-
Volga-Ural-
West_African-
West_Caucasian16.54%
West_Med3.42%

I am a Turk From Turkey with a HG R-M269.
I have 23 people in my Y-DNA12 match list.
All my matches are European except one who is a Georgian and the only one in my 25 marker match list.
These results indeed look very Georgian. Most notable the complete lack of East Eurasian components while average Turkish person has 5-7%. The results are atypical for Turkish standard. You definitely have Caucaus origin.

Last edited:
These results indeed look very Georgian. notable the complete lack of East Eurasian components while average Turkish person has 6-7%. The results are atypical for Turkish standard. You definitely have Caucaus origin.
More likely Georgian mixed with Armenians & Greeks. Real Georgians have much more "North Caucasian" and less of "Armenian" (aka South_East_Caucasian).

South_Central_Asian 18.94%
East_Med 18.24%
Near_Eastern 18.06%
North_Caucasian 13.63%
Armenian 11.01%
West_Caucasian 10.29%
Italian 4.03%
Central_Euro 2.75%
Arabian 1.34%
Basque 0.97%
West_Med 0.65%
Iberian 0.08%
East_Balkan 0.02%
Interesting! Are you a Kurd from Anatolia? Because you have less 'South_Central_Asian' & 'Near_Eastern' & 'North_Caucasian' than I do. But you have more of 'East_Med' & 'West_Caucasian'. I think 'East_Med' & 'West_Caucasian' are more native to Taurus / Eastern Anatolia (North Kurdistan), while 'South_Central_Asian' & 'Near_Eastern' are more from Zagros / Iranian Plateau (Southeast Kurdistan). It's strange that while Northern Kurds are Kurmanji and I'm Kurmanji too, but I do cluster closer to Sorani (Iraqi) Kurds and Eastern Gorani/Feyli (Iranian) Kurds.

It could also be an ancient Eurasian connection through Haplogroup R*.
I'm sure that the original R*, R1*, R2*, R1a*, R1b*, R2a* were all from "South_Central_Asia", native to the Iranian Plateau, although not sure about 'North_East Iranian Plateau' (Eastern side of the Caspian Sea) or 'West Iranian Plateau' (South_Western side of the Caspian Sea)...

This thread has been viewed 188603 times.

Back