my grandfather results below
[1] "distance%=7.9998"

IT_Veneto,72.8
Tirol,13.2
FR_Corsica,2.2
IT_Marche,2
IT_Tuscany,1.6
Timau_Udine,1

Hello I'm french with polish origins 50% dutch 25% belge 12.5 % French breton 12.5 %

basque : 1.79%
central euro : 8.56%
east balkan : 2.37
east central euro : 11.19
eastern euro : 7.75
fennoscandian : 13.19
french : 4.46
iberian : 15.66
italian : 8.16
north atlantic :11.22
north sea : 14.82
west med : 0.81

I am Spanish from the island of Mallorca. These are my K36 results.

K36.jpg

I'm really a bit confused, because afterwards I have haplogroup G in the morleydna web ...

Haplogroups and autosomal profiles don't need to relate at all. Mine is very rare, yet all my known ancestors are from northern Portugal :)

I checked your results on K13 and K15 and they are pretty interesting, your eastern components are really small. I mean, I thought my EastMed+WestAsian+RedSea=14,10% was small, but yours is just under 11%. For comparison the Portuguese average has 16,41% and Galicia 15,83%

Saludos

Haplogroups and autosomal profiles don't need to relate at all. Mine is very rare, yet all my known ancestors are from northern Portugal :)

I checked your results on K13 and K15 and they are pretty interesting, your eastern components are really small. I mean, I thought my EastMed+WestAsian+RedSea=14,10% was small, but yours is just under 11%. For comparison the Portuguese average has 16,41% and Galicia 15,83%

Saludos
Funny, because my autosomal matched my haplogroups perfectly in fact, the haplogroup test I did was much more accurate instead of the nonsense generic plotting that autosomal and even GED match given me, apart from the 36k cal was too spontaneous. Your G is most likely Gracile, but who knows

I'm not sure I follow, why do you call GEDmatch PCAs "nonsense"? They might be dated, but the ones from Eurogenes are robust enough to provide predictable and stable components (assuming you know your background)

I'm not sure I follow, why do you call GEDmatch PCAs "nonsense"? They might be dated, but the ones from Eurogenes are robust enough to provide predictable and stable components (assuming you know your background)
Because their plots are too generic it's like saying ''your dna is like this person but you're probably not this person anyway.'' I didn't say their results were in accurate I said it's genetic and plots are based on ''samples who have the same genetics as you'' that's a simplistic way of looking at.

My haplogroup tests given me literally the genetic and migration roots from both sides for almost 40,000 years including the type of people that they were like for example bell beaker, hunter gatherer, First Farmer etc and ok they aren't races of people but it's easily concluded that's what they are.

I did somewhat know, but my haplogroup test with Britainsdna really narrowed it down, it also given me plotting maps as to where my Y haplogroup and MT haplogroup is founded which is pretty cool.

Because their plots are too generic it's like saying ''your dna is like this person but you're probably not this person anyway.'' I didn't say their results were in accurate I said it's genetic and plots are based on ''samples who have the same genetics as you'' that's a simplistic way of looking at.

My haplogroup tests given me literally the genetic and migration roots from both sides for almost 40,000 years including the type of people that they were like for example bell beaker, hunter gatherer, First Farmer etc and ok they aren't races of people but it's easily concluded that's what they are.

That's not how a PCA works, just because you are right next to a certain sample on a given plot doesn't mean he/she is the closest sample to you. PCA plots change as you change the dataset aswell because its task is to pick up relations between the samples and its components, besides all you are seeing is 2 out of n dimensions, not all the data included in the PCA.

A haplogroup just gives you an idea of where your paternal/maternal lines were originally from, but it doesn't matter at all as far as your actual ethnicity and genetic profile are concerned because they are a very small amount of your actual ancestry. You could have yDNA A and still be as British as the bloke next to you, and no genetic test, calculator or model would say otherwise.

Here's what Razib khan posted a good while ago about it

This is a public service announcement. If you are a user of direct-to-consumer personal genomics services, please do not pay any attention to your mtDNA and Y chromosomal haplogroups. Why? Because they hardly tell you anything about your individual ancestry. What do I mean by this? Your mtDNA comes down from your mother’s-mother’s-mother’s-mother… and similarly for your Y chromosomal lineage if you are a male. These few individuals are not any more likely to contribute to your ancestry than all those multitudes and multitudes who do not contribute to your mtDNA or Y lineages; also known as almost all your ancestors! What you should pay attention to are your autosomal results. Inferences made from most of your genome. These results may be more difficult to parse, but difficulty is no sin, and elegant ease is no virtue, in this case. That’s because you are interested in your ancestry, not a convenient interpretable story. Of course I am not saying that mtDNA and Y chromosomal haplogroups are useless. They are useful for population scale phylogeography. But please don’t make inferences about yourself from one data point.

Central_Euro
10.90 Pct
East_Balkan
8.00 Pct
East_Central_Euro29.60 Pct
Eastern_Euro18.86 Pct
Fennoscandian11.87 Pct
Iberian1.84 Pct
North_Atlantic5.76 Pct
North_Sea13.16 Pct

These are my K36 results

Arabian 3.91
Basque 5.05
Central_Euro 3.95
East_Balkan 1.34
East_Central_Euro 0.10
East_Med 6.25
Fennoscandian 2.56
French 13.43
Iberian 18.07
Italian 16.71

Near_Eastern 2.30
North_African 5.99
North_Atlantic 8.78
North_Caucasian 0.17
North_Sea 5.97
West_African 1.73
West_Med 3.69

Eurogenes K36 Admixture Proportions

Population
Amerindian -
Arabian -
Armenian -
Basque -
Central_African -
Central_Euro 5.46
East_African -
East_Asian -
East_Balkan 5.47
East_Central_Asian -
East_Central_Euro 9.91
East_Med -
Eastern_Euro 4.99
Fennoscandian 18.55
French 9.61
Iberian 10.27
Indo-Chinese -
Italian 4.12
Malayan -
Near_Eastern -
North_African -
North_Atlantic 14.34
North_Caucasian -
North_Sea 15.96
Northeast_African -
Oceanian 0.85
Omotic -
Pygmy -
Siberian -
South_Asian -
South_Central_Asian -
South_Chinese -
Volga-Ural 0.47
West_African -
West_Caucasian -
West_Med -

Hi,

It is a great tool, i think it is very accurate:

Italian 12.21%
East Med 11.64%
Iberian 10.45%
North Sea 8.22%
East Central Euro 7.87%
North Atlantic 7.68%
East Balkan 7.28%
Eastern Euro 6.59%
North Caucasian 5.27%
Near Eastern 4.37%
French 3.98%
Central Euro 3.52%
Central Euro 3.52%
You seem to have a multi-ethnic mix from Greece to Germany, centered on the Balkans.

Hubal.jpgBut 11% are missing from the mix.

I'm curious what 1,16% Indo-Chinese can mean for K36? I find it kind of weird.

I'm from northern Italy:

Component %
Italian 20,22%
Iberian 15,67%
North_Sea 11,57%
East_Med 10,24%
West_Med 9,35%
Near_Eastern 6,88%
Central_Euro 6,35%
North_Atlantic 4,44%
East_Balkan 4,25%
North_Caucasian 2,90%
French 2,24%
East_Central_Euro 2,05%
West_Caucasian 1,99%
Basque 1,17%
Fennoscandian 0,69%

This thread has been viewed 189315 times.

Back