High conentrations of haplogroup T in parts of the Caucasus ?

I have recently read a study stating that Turkish and Armenian haplogroup T is younger than iranian and Levantine T, apparently Levantine T is the oldest and the study suggests T may have originated in the levant coast region; the study is called " Genetic support for Neolithic origin of Armenian populations". In fact, the cluster of T individuals in Armenia reflects an entirely Levantine origin of these, none even arriving from Iran to Armenia. Either Iran or the red sea levant is where hg T first originated. In fact, I would go as far as to say it either originated in south-western/central Iran or near/directly on top of Jordan where it would easily have infiltrated into Egypt, but then again T is rare in Israel (but relatively common in northern Arabia) either Iran, Jordan, Lebanon or northern Saudi Arabia....)

It certainly didn't originate in the Caucasus or turkey region.

Zanipolo, you might be pleased to hear that we have our first real T1a* among Georgians (Although we are still checking his background).

Interesting fact however is that he stands very far from the rest of T guys of the region, TMRCA being 17 000 (!) years ago.
Permutation method was used: 43240/2/625/37/0,00243=385-->685 generations or 17000 years.
[h=5][/h]

Zanipolo, you might be pleased to hear that we have our first real T1a* among Georgians (Although we are still checking his background).

Interesting fact however is that he stands very far from the rest of T guys of the region, TMRCA being 17 000 (!) years ago.
Permutation method was used: 43240/2/625/37/0,00243=385-->685 generations or 17000 years.

thanks

It seems 17000 years is far too old for my line ( T1a2 ), it looks like it's the T1a1 line ( adamo's line ).

could be azerian, armenian, assyrian or kurdiah

Zanipolo, I messaged the individual you told me to contact for my y-DNA T analysis but no reply : ( lol

Based on which data? There is no single T in Ossetian DNA project... Dagestan is North-East Caucasus. The map shows North-West. And I haven't heard about T among Georgians, although it is present among Armenians, but it's way to the south.
Kardu I am from Chechnya, and got my DNA result it says T haplogroup, most Chechens are J2, J1.. I wonder where did the T come from..

You might find this table interesting.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/35873-2018-Family-Tree-DNA-Y-DNA-data-(40K-samples)

The United Arab Emirates peaks at 18%, Kuwait is at 10%, Egypt is at 8%, and Saudi Arabia is at 7%.

This is useless for that purpouse.

Kardu I am from Chechnya, and got my DNA result it says T haplogroup, most Chechens are J2, J1.. I wonder where did the T come from..

You should join to the haplogroup T project:

https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join-request.aspx?group=K2-Male&vGroup=Y-Haplogroup-K2

This thread has been viewed 30216 times.

Back