Economy EuroGroup vs Cyprus vs GAZPROM (ΓΑ3ΠΡΟΜ)

I remember reading about China's plan to resurrect the Silk Road by rails. China had plans to connect Kashgar through Tajikstan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Syria and maybe Turkey. Greece and Venice suffered because the Portuguese discovered a sea route to Asia by way of the Atlantic Ocean around Africa into the Indian Ocean. The troubles in the Middle East is probably delaying the construction of the fast train system envisioned by the Chinese. With the completion of this system Greece and Venice could again thrive as there will be tourists and the cities and ports along the route would benefit.

I remember reading about China's plan to resurrect the Silk Road by rails. China had plans to connect Kashgar through Tajikstan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Syria and maybe Turkey. Greece and Venice suffered because the Portuguese discovered a sea route to Asia by way of the Atlantic Ocean around Africa into the Indian Ocean. The troubles in the Middle East is probably delaying the construction of the fast train system envisioned by the Chinese. With the completion of this system Greece and Venice could again thrive as there will be tourists and the cities and ports along the route would benefit.
I'm sorry but it doesn't make economic sense. The ticket from Beijing to Athens can be as cheap as 1,000 bucks, and it takes 15 hours to get there on plane. What investor would spend 100 billion dollars or even 10 billion to build fast train to go through mostly deserts and steppes through poor countries? Would you ride the train from Beijing to Athens for 3-4 days for 500 bucks, if you can fly for 1000 and be there in 15 hours?
There is a reason there are no trans Canada passenger trains running anymore.
Your idea is very romantic, but count the money Oriental, count the money. Economics one on one.

no need,

the only thing needed is a 6th lvl dock,
China already make propose to buy Piraus port,
COSCO is interested much, but yet Greek ship owner are connected with MAERSK.
yet if the crisis don't end until next elections, seems like China might buy the Aegean Motorway Road E74 and many storehouses in Piraus, yet due to enviromental problems, Greece is Offering an island ouside Alexandoupolis to build a 6th lvl marine/dock and from there to go with smaller ships (D size) to Istambul or inland to central Europe.

I was checking the Orient Express a luxury train journey from Paris to Istanbul. There was a movie, an Agatha Christie Mystery "Murder on the Orient Express" or something. I didn't see it. Whatever China does is basically taking advantage of the crisis. But the Silk Road is more about trade than tourism I think. I am not sure.

I was checking the Orient Express a luxury train journey from Paris to Istanbul. There was a movie, an Agatha Christie Mystery "Murder on the Orient Express" or something. I didn't see it. Whatever China does is basically taking advantage of the crisis. But the Silk Road is more about trade than tourism I think. I am not sure.

a 6 lvl dock ship. using methane and solar/wind power, can bring 1 kgr maze from China to Athens with cost less than 0,10 E, and in timelength less than a month Via Suez, do you realize the cost and the profit?
for the next decades, the nightmare of china is the Mexico decision (no trade, isolation from the global markets)
for Germany is to lose the ability of the markets of South Europe
for Russia to be excluded from Meditrennean
while Turkey is in the crossroad of EUzation or stay as she has, a very impressive development and very promising, yet is like baby-giant with feet of glass, always afraid Kurdistan indepedent extremists, or a balkanic country to be developed.
Britain France are in the crossroad of a possible mediocre future,

the train road was the dream of Russia and USSR, they name it Transsibirskaya Magistral (transiberian) from Moscow to Ekateriniburg to Irkutsk to 1) Mongolia - Beyzing
2) Vladivostok -Pacific ocean

800px-Map_Trans-Siberian_railway.png

I have seen dvds of the Trans-Siberian railway system. It is impressive and most of the view out of the windows are Taiga trees. In winter the window view has just snow and trees. I don't think any tourist would take this rather boring journey. The Silk Road would be through different countries and different cultures. The scenery would be varied as there will be mountains, valleys, cities and deserts.

Note: I am not familiar with European units. What is lvl, kgr = kilogram? E= euro? Mexico decision ? what is that? I don't all that Europe decided. Actually I learnt a lot about Europe from Eupedia and you. Thanks. lol.

Is lvl = level?

Last edited:
What investor would spend 100 billion dollars or even 10 billion to build fast train to go through mostly deserts and steppes through poor countries?

You are forgetting China is not a pure capitalistic society. They are probably doing what big companies do. A loss leader trick. Give freebies to build up market. Billions of dollars is nothing for an 8 trillion dollar economy. No doubt Iraq is mostly desert but the Silk Road route is along the northern borders in the mountainous areas with trees and vegetation. I have taken dvds from the library on Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and they are quite scenic. Mountains have moisture asthe air is cooled when it rises. Water condenses and the mountain sides get rain. Notice how all the goat people live on mountain slopes which have grass all the time.

Last edited:
You are forgetting China is not a pure capitalistic society. They are probably doing what big companies. A loss leader trick. Give freebies to build up market. Billions of dollars is nothing for an 8 trillion dollar economy. No doubt Iraq is mostly desert but the Silk Road route is along the northern borders in the mountainous areas with trees and vegetation. I have taken dvds from the library on Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and they are quite scenic. Mountains have moisture have the air is cooled as it rises. Water condenses and the mountain sides get rain.
If there is a train to Iran and Iraq, it will be to carry natural resources to china.
Let me know when you read about this speed train in next 5 year plan of Chinese communist party. Otherwise peace out.

I have seen dvds of the Trans-Siberian railway system. It is impressive and most of the view out of the windows are Taiga trees. In window it is just snow and trees. I don't any tourist would take this rather boring journey. The Silk road would be through different countries and different cultures. The scenery would be varied as there will be mountains, valleys, cities and deserts.

Note: I am not familiar with European units. What is lvl, kgr = kilogram? E= euro? Mexico decision ? what is that? I don't all that Europe decided. Actually I learnt a lot about Europe from Eupedia and you. Thanks. lol.

Is lvl = level?

6 level dock are marines/docks that huge merchant ship can reach,
in mediterenean there is no 6 level dock, only Netherlands has in EUrope,
until today only 5 level is the max in the close meditterenean sea, so a 6level ship can only disembark its cargo in open sea.

China and Mexico have almost 0 trade,
Mexico does not recognise china as memeber of commerce society, so most chinese products are forbiden there, (commercial isolation, no trade except some)

Mexico does not recognise china as memeber of commerce society, so most chinese products are forbiden there, (commercial isolation, no trade except some)
You have to update your information Yetos. 15% of all Mexican imports are from China, worth 52 billion in 2011. I think your information is from 80s.

Mexico does not recognise China as member of commerce society, so most chinese products are forbiden there, (commercial isolation, no trade except some)

I think LeBrok is right. Mexico does import Chinese stuff. However, China with its one child policy now has less youths and companies are finding it hard to get cheap labour for its new factories and older workers are demanding higher wages so China is gradually moving out of the cheap labour and Bangladesh is the new 'cheap labour'. Unfortunately with the garment building collapse you can see how businessmen operate. Bunch of psychopaths.

I think LeBrok is right. Mexico does import Chinese stuff. However, China with its one child policy now has less youths and companies are finding it hard to get cheap labour for its new factories and older workers are demanding higher wages so China is gradually moving out of the cheap labour and Bangladesh is the new 'cheap labour'. Unfortunately with the garment building collapse you can see how businessmen operate. Bunch of psychopaths.

yes around India and still in Africa businessmen are working many times as fortunehunters,
on the other hand China manage to pass the high technology so the problem of birth will not be shown at very close future,
I heard that is a good opportunity to open a house for old people there.

if the world close its borders, countries with big rate of birth will be forced to more poverty, and slowly will take the industry since they do not care about polution,

The world population at 9 billion will be a great problem. Bad leaders only lead their country to disaster by not curbing births. Disease and war will surely follow. Look at the Arab Spring it is the doubling of population in Muslim countries which practise polygamy. Disease will follow as there is so much poverty and no money for sanitation, etc. Bad leaders only fill their own pockets and hide the loot in Swiss banks or tax havens. The UN is not doing enough to foster birth control.

good opportunity to open a house for old people there
The local communist leaders are just as dishonest so you have to be careful. All the riots in villages are because the local communists are confiscating lands and building factories without adequate compensation.

This thread has been viewed 410234 times.

Back