Serbs and Croats origin from Germanic Scirii and Hirri?

PIE. *wēsu- "good" → PG. *iusijaz *iusizô "good" → Got. *iusi- iusiza "good, worthy, noble" → Lat. wisi wesi
PIE. *wes- "to shine" → PG. *westą "west" → Got. wistr "west"
PIE. *ner- "below, under" → PG. *nurþą "north"
→ Got. naurþr "north"
→ ON. norðr → norðvegr "north-way" → Norge
PIE. *nokʷ- "night" → Lat. niger "black" → Fr. noir "black"
PIE. *sāwel- "sun" → PG. *sunþaz "south"
PIE. *reudʰ- "red"
→ PG. *raudaz "red"
→ Lat. rubeus "red" → Fr. rogue "red"
→ Grk. ἐρυθρός "red"
PIE. *erə- "to row; oar" → PG. *rōþruz "oar, rudder" → ON. róðr "rowing" → Byz. Grk. οί Ῥῶς → Rus. Русь
cf. Fi. Ruotsi "Sweden"
PIE. *ḱʷeyt- "to shine; bright" → PG. *hwītaz "white" → OHG. wīz "white" → Ger. weiss
PIE. *awes- "to shine" → PG. *austą "east" → OHG. *ost → ostar → Lat. austria

Hitt. aššuwa "northwest Anatolia" → Myc. Grk. aswiyā → Grk. άσία

There's about fifty-leven things wrong with your supposed "etymologies" ...

:useless:

in fact you just prove better what I am talking.

Croats are indigenous balkaniic (I2a) + Slavic (R1a), predominantly. Serbs are indigenous balkanic (I2a) + E3b with low levels but still present R1a. They both have heavy Balkans refugium blood with Slavic influence, but Serbs have quite a lot of the Balkans, anciently north-African E3b. Even more so than the Slavic R1a in fact. No Germanic blood here; not a all.

Croats are indigenous balkaniic (I2a) + Slavic (R1a), predominantly. Serbs are indigenous balkanic (I2a) + E3b with low levels but still present R1a. They both have heavy Balkans refugium blood with Slavic influence, but Serbs have quite a lot of the Balkans, anciently north-African E3b. Even more so than the Slavic R1a in fact. No Germanic blood here; not a all.

I am amazed! The I2a in Russians is also indigenous ballkanic, too?
So Germans are 30% Russians, no? They are heavy R1a and you are saying that its Slavic.
Since you are waving an Italian flag, you know the area was under Roman conquest for one millenia, no?
How come they have not a single latin word in their vocabulary.?
I swear this forum is going asray!!!

Yes some 20% of German males are R1a Slavic, as some 20% of polish men are R1b. I2a affects some 15-20% f Russian men, it didn't originate there eiter way.

I2 originated in the Balkans some 15,000-18,000 years ago, where do you think I2a came from? It's found at highest frequencies in the Balkans, probably the Romanian Dacians had it, it didn't enter Balkans during Middle Ages with R1a, or the Balkans would be a "second Russia" in terms f R1a percentages.

I2a pushed north at low % into Ukraine Russia, whereas R1a infiltrated as best it could the Balkans.

I2a pushed north at low % into Ukraine Russia, whereas R1a infiltrated as best it could the Balkans.
O.K But what makes Serbs and Croats Germanics, as the Headline of this forum is?

I feel like someone is joking and I am not getting the joke. Its a strange feeling.

Nothing does, they aren't Germanic.

Nothing does, they aren't Germanic.

I don't think making blanket statements like that really make much sense. Certainly Croats, Serbs, Greeks and even Turks share at least some Germanic autosomal material (or even haplogroup membership). These areas weren't surrounded by giant moats or electric fences. River trade (and it's related/resulting couplings) wasn't invented two hundred years ago.

Well not Serbs anyways; maybe like 10-15% of Croats; a very small substratum of them are Germanic. Greeks have 15-20% R1b, Turks as well but Greeks and Turks aren't Croatians or Serbs.

Last edited:
How come they have not a single latin word in their vocabulary.?
Who?
Every European country has at least hundreds latin words in their vocabulary these days. The only question is if they used latin words 2,000 -1,500 years ago.

Who?
Every European country has at least hundreds latin words in their vocabulary these days. The only question is if they used latin words 2,000 -1,500 years ago.

Every european country, but slavs is the correct answer. They were never close to Latins. The few that they might have are borrowed through english. Other words english words with latin origin.

Well not Serbs anyways; maybe like 10-15% of Croats; a very small substratum of them are Germanic.[/QUOTE
If that's true then its a legacy of Austrian empire, through rape, prostitution or consensual marriage during the empire. Other words they aquired those genes recently, its not like they inherered them. So its irresponsable to claim ownership of those genes.

Every european country, but slavs is the correct answer.
What about Hungarians, Finns and all Balt's countries? Did you check state of latin in them, or guessing is your game?

They were never close to Latins. The few that they might have are borrowed through english. Other words english words with latin origin.
I wish you could do more homework before opening your mouth again.
According to linguist Miroslaw Banko there is 5,800 latin words in polish language. As you might know polish is slavic language.
http://poradnia.pwn.pl/lista.php?id=11958

Yes, this means that there are thousands of latin words in a slavic language. Wouldn't you say that this is the correct answer?

What about Hungarians, Finns and all Balt's countries? Did you check state of latin in them, or guessing is your game?

I wish you could do more homework before opening your mouth again.
According to linguist Miroslaw Banko there is 5,800 latin words in polish language. As you might know polish is slavic language.
http://poradnia.pwn.pl/lista.php?id=11958

Yes, this means that there are thousands of latin words in a slavic language. Wouldn't you say that this is the correct answer?

It could be, but those words are learned through science. They are not everyday conversation words. Lets say a Polish doctor learns the skeleton of a human body. There are 220 bones in the body and all of them are in Latin. So here you go, 220 latin words right there. Add here music, biology, lithurgy and more, so you are technicaly right about their existence, but I meant words that a humble folk use everyday. I should add that those Polish have earned my respect. Civilized folks, that world needs to here more about.

I've been running into more native Poles lately here in the U.S. Not sure of the reason, but I agree they are impressive both in the way they carry themselves and in appearance.

It could be, but those words are learned through science. They are not everyday conversation words. Lets say a Polish doctor learns the skeleton of a human body. There are 220 bones in the body and all of them are in Latin. So here you go, 220 latin words right there. Add here music, biology, lithurgy and more, so you are technicaly right about their existence, but I meant words that a humble folk use everyday. I should add that those Polish have earned my respect. Civilized folks, that world needs to here more about.
Of course all of them came after 1,000 CE. Originally slavic language didn't have latin in it. It contained some east germanic and sarmatian borrowings though, from it's neighbors. Latin to Poland arrived with christianity and Roman Catholic church in 10th century. It quickly became a language of educated and upper class, which was about 10% of society back then. Not mentioning that liturgy was in latin till 20th century. Surprisingly an official language (in bureaucracy) in many polish cities was german till 16th century.

Examples of latin words in everyday polish: vice versa, notabene, humanitarny, dom (home), prostitutka (prostitute), paciez (pater noster prayer), kosciol (church), cyrkiel (tool to make circles, totalny (total), reclama (commercial), ambicija (ambition), herbata (tea), seria (series), absolutny (absolutely)etc, etc (which is latin too),

Of course all of them came after 1,000 CE. Originally slavic language didn't have latin in it. It contained some east germanic and sarmatian borrowings though, from it's neighbors. Latin to Poland arrived with christianity and Roman Catholic church in 10th century. It quickly became a language of educated and upper class, which was about 10% of society back then. Not mentioning that liturgy was in latin till 20th century. Surprisingly an official language (in bureaucracy) in many polish cities was german till 16th century.

Examples of latin words in everyday polish: vice versa, notabene, humanitarny, dom (home), prostitutka (prostitute), paciez (pater noster prayer), kosciol (church), cyrkiel (tool to make circles, totalny (total), reclama (commercial), ambicija (ambition), herbata (tea), seria (series), absolutny (absolutely)etc, etc (which is latin too),
Poles are westernised Slavs. Everybody treats them differently. Especially americans care about them. Its a legacy of cold war, or Large polish community in US, I don't know. But as I siad in the previous post they have earned the respect of many.

You should not care for borrowed words, but for some groups of words that are characteristic for development of the tribe. That depends on the location, culture and the way of life. For example English have a vast number of words for a floating objects (ship), but I don't think Hungarians could match them. On the other hands a tribe living in the plains that is hunting or gathering food, would have a different vocabulary. That can reveal something about the past of the certain tribe/people.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 138851 times.

Back