What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy?

Are you sure you don't have NEAR syndrome?

LeBrok, I must protest! I coined the phrase Near East Aversion Disorder (NEAD). Is this copyright infringement???:LOL: I do like the fact that it now spells "near" however, as in NEAR east!:grin:

What could the R stand for...[R]evulsion? Near East Aversion Revulsion? Rather [r]epetitive isn't it?

Hahahahahaha

I dunno for you, but I really doubt that this unfortunate soul will ever post group photos of Southern Italians like these.

Of course he won't. Neither will the few others who spend all their waking hours posting the darkest Italians they can find in order to prove that the groups to which they beare not the "darkest" Europeans. These are obviously mentally disturbed as well as probably racially mixed young men if I put on my amateur psychologist hat. Does that mean you have to rise to the bait? Don't you see that by caring about this ***** you also reveal that you accept the underlying assumption that to be "fairer" is to be somehow "better"? Where do you get that? It's absolutely foreign to me. It would seem to me that a psychologically healthy people with a sense of self-worth and self-esteem would see it's own group as the standard for "attractiveness" for just one example. Why would you accept someone else's standard. It makes no sense to me.

As for the pictures you

d8EbPYC.jpg

dTaqLWB.jpg

GukTi1x.jpg

nzBD8A1.jpg

jjlLMI8.jpg

No, I'm sure he wouldn't, from my limited exposure to his "work". (I can't stand to read much of it...my intolerance and impatience with fools is legendary.)

However, he and a few others like him are obviously psychologically damaged as well as probably racially conflicted young men, or they are brainwashed young men indoctrinated by the pernicious "White Supremacist" type groups making a comeback in Europe who have been "traumatized" because they are seen as the "darkest" Europeans, and so want desperately to prove someone ELSE is actually darker, even if they have to spend all their waking hours posting thousands of pictures of the darkest Sicilians they can find. (Obviously they're all sick young people to one degree or another. They're certainly not holding down a challenging job or pursuing a really arduous academic program, and I doubt they're successful early retirees.)

Does that mean you have to rise to the bait every single time, or descend to their level? Don't you also see that by responding in this way you show that you are implicitly accepting their definitions and their standards? What's up with that? While not looking upon it as some sort of badge of honor, and while appreciating the diversity in the world, it seems to me that any psychologically sound person or group would not find huge percentages of their variation "unacceptable" or less worthy, and would wish to look more like some foreign group. In my opinion, to put it at a basic level, there is something wrong with someone who accepts the standards and judgments on these matters created by people not their own. Some type of brainwashing has been going on, either on a cultural or more specifically individual level. Just my two cents.

Oh, and the people you posted look like normal Southern Italians. They don't look like Swedes, or Germans or Levantines or any other bizarre comparison, although certain individuals might "pass" in other places.. There is nothing wrong with that. I certainly have never thought so. I fell madly in love with one of them at first sight...and he looked like a cross between Fabio Ceravolo and Joe Manganiello, not like Stefano Casiraghi or my father.:grin:

In Sicily J2 is most common owning 28% of men. R1b is just behind with 25% and E3b is also at about 25%. In southern Italy its about 25-30% R1b 25% J2 and 20-25% E3b, these are by far the most common with another 20% split between a wide assortment of rarer and less dominant haplogroups in this area. J2 originated near southern turkey/ northern Syria / northwestern Iraq. Look it up on Wikipedia to see which countries have the highest j2 frequencies there is an extensive list, turkey, Lebanon, Armenia, northern Iraq, northwestern Iran, Georgia, Greece ( 20%) the greek island of Crete has high frequencies, southern Italy, Sicily. R1b is "Celtic". Highest frequencies in Ireland, England, Scotland, France, holland, Belgium, Spain and Portugal ( Iberia is a lot less "antonio banderas" Mediterranean than most genetic amateurs may think it fits in just right with pale Germanic R1b people's), Germany, Switzerland, north Italy etc. E3b is found in non-negroid North Africans such as Egyptians, Libyans, Tunisians, Algerians, Moroccans. The most common in Sicily would be J2 but R1b is very close behind and E3b right after. What we can deduce from this is that the J2 represents Fertile Crescent-Mesopotamian-middle eastern genetic influx, R1b represents Western European Germanic "Celtic" blood and E3b represents strictly north-African blood of a non-black type. Southern mainland Italy has a similar distribution but less J2 more 25% instead of 30% and R1b is about 25-30%, e3b is 20-25%. In other words the genetic structure of southern Italy + Sicily has a more equal distribution between these 3 haplogroups, thus pointing to more middle eastern/north African lineages in these regions. Central Italy has 40-45% R1b , 20% J2 and 10% E3b so there is much more white man "Celtic" blood and about the same/slightly less middle eastern blood with the E3b being about half that in southern Italy/Sicily ( now 10% in central.). The north is 55-60% R1b so more than half of the men are Celtic. There is 10% of both J2 and E3b in the north making both lineages rare on their own, but making the total of Neolithic blood at about 20% of north italian men (combined). Whereas the Neolithic of "foreign" element that arrived much later than the R1b men is at about 50% of south italian males, making southern Italy a genetic "isolate" compared to other nearby west European etc. areas and even compared to north Italy which clusters much closer with Swiss, French, German men etc.

The analysis of Adamo is correct (see the Y-DNA frequencies by region).

In southern Italy, the sum of J2 and E1b1b amounts to about 50% and more in some areas.

Haplogroup J2 is thought to have appeared somewhere in the Middle East towards the end of the last glaciation, between 15,000 and 22,000 years ago. Its present geographic distribution argue in favour of a Neolithic expansion from the Fertile Crescent (Eupedia).

Haplogroup E1b1b (formerly known as E3b) represents the last major direct migration from Africa into Europe. It is believed to have first appeared in the Horn of Africa approximately 26,000 years ago and dispersed to North Africa and the Near East during the late Paleolithic and Mesolithic periods. E1b1b lineages are closely linked to the diffusion of Afroasiatic languages ( Eupedia).

A quite common south italian phenotype is the actor Francesco Benigno, you can find him on google.

Last edited:
The analysis of Adamo is correct (see the Y-DNA frequencies by region).

In southern Italy, the sum of J2 and E1b1b amounts to about 50% and more in some areas.

Adamo is not correct. Its like he invented those figures and go against to any serious study. Can you kindly direct to any study that says that. In the meantime:-

A 2004 study by Semino et al. contradicted this study, and showed that Italians in North-central regions (like Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna) had a higherconcentration of J2 than their Southern counterparts. North-central had 26.9% J2, whereas Calabria (a far Southern region) had 20.0%, Sardinia had 9.7% and Sicily had 16.7%.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy

Haplogroup J2 is thought to have appeared somewhere in the Middle East towards the end of the last glaciation, between 15,000 and 22,000 years ago. Its present geographic distribution argue in favour of a Neolithic expansion from the Fertile Crescent (Eupedia).

Haplogroup E1b1b (formerly known as E3b) represents the last major direct migration from Africa into Europe. It is believed to have first appeared in the Horn of Africa approximately 26,000 years ago and dispersed to North Africa and the Near East during the late Paleolithic and Mesolithic periods. E1b1b lineages are closely linked to the diffusion of Afroasiatic languages ( Eupedia).

Most E1b1b is E-V13 http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2008/07/expansion-of-e-v13-explained.html, and what is the problem exactly? According to current theories and understanding all Haplogroups came out of Africa. Is that bad?

This guy is surely a famous anti Italian sock of the web. He has created many sock accounts in some other anthrofora and he has made a lot of anti Italian videos. I recognize his t-rolling style and his style of write. In addition to i know his face and he pretends to be Italian from Tuscany but he doesn't look Italian at all. Change forum t-roll.

This guy is surely a famous anti Italian sock of the web. He has created many sock accounts in some other anthrofora and he has made a lot of anti Italian videos. I recognize his t-rolling style and his style of write. In addition to i know his face and he pretends to be Italian from Tuscany but he doesn't look Italian at all. Change forum t-roll.
Who are you talking about?

LeBrok, I must protest! I coined the phrase Near East Aversion Disorder (NEAD). Is this copyright infringement???:LOL: I do like the fact that it now spells "near" however, as in NEAR east!:grin:

What could the R stand for...[R]evulsion? Near East Aversion Revulsion? Rather [r]epetitive isn't it?

Lol sorry, I must have remember the Near East part.

His IP address shows Friuli-Venezia Giulia, and perhaps for that reason he is not very nice to South Italians?

how interesting, and why a person from Friuli-Venezia Gulia should have a reason not to be nice to South Italians? Because of Medieval feuds? :grin:.

Feduzzo is a North African tr.oll who lives in Italy. He is using a proxy, so his IP is fake. He is actually from Tuscany.

If any of you is interested, I will send you the link to his facebook profile...

So to make things clear, all Italians and Maltese here are attacking this North African Feduzzo, while a "Canadian" is defending him like a true fanatic warrior.

It looks like a fantay film.

That feduzzonitti

You are off topic. The topic here is the following

"What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy? which Haplogroups links certain migrations in Sicily and Southern Italy from around the Mediterranean?".

Adamo is not correct. Its like he invented those figures and go against to any serious study. Can you kindly direct to any study that says that. In the meantime:-

A 2004 study by Semino et al. contradicted this study, and showed that Italians in North-central regions (like Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna) had a higherconcentration of J2 than their Southern counterparts. North-central had 26.9% J2, whereas Calabria (a far Southern region) had 20.0%, Sardinia had 9.7% and Sicily had 16.7%.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy

Adamo is partly correct.....the J2 in romagna ( ravenna , rimini etc ) area is basically due to the extermination of all gallic ( senoni tribe ) people by the Romans and replacing them with South Latnium families.
I suspect that in the interior the Gallic/Celtic Boii tribe around Bologna suffered the same fate............this would have occured between the 2nd and 3rd carthagian wars, IIRC

You are off topic. The topic here is the following

"What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy? which Haplogroups links certain migrations in Sicily and Southern Italy from around the Mediterranean?".

No, you and your sock puppet account Adamo are the ones who started talking about phenotypes and history here, so you are the ones who went off topic.

LOL.

This thread has been viewed 83504 times.

Back