What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy?

Adamo is partly correct.....the J2 in romagna ( ravenna , rimini etc ) area is basically due to the extermination of all gallic ( senoni tribe ) people by the Romans and replacing them with South Latnium families.
I suspect that in the interior the Gallic/Celtic Boii tribe around Bologna suffered the same fate............this would have occured between the 2nd and 3rd carthagian wars, IIRC

.......and of course the story does not end there and probably reversed at some point. There has been a sequence of Germanic invasions and settlements from the North. Tuscany probably had high J2 HG prior to Roman invasions. This is apart the vague descriptions. So it makes the whole reply to Matera incorrect and misleading with present day knowledge most of it already available in 16/4/2013 :grin:

You are off topic. The topic here is the following

"What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy? which Haplogroups links certain migrations in Sicily and Southern Italy from around the Mediterranean?".

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Sicily/default.aspx?section=yresults

Not a near eastern and neither a north African admixture and neither a French admixture for arguments sake, none of the four regions are the same. Why this obsession?

This guy could have the proxy in Friuli but i'm pretty sure that he is the mulatto guy who live in Florence and t-rolls italians everywhere with sock accounts and videos in Youtube.

"What is the most common Y Dna Haplogroup in Sicily and Southern Italy? which Haplogroups links certain migrations in Sicily and Southern Italy from around the Mediterranean?".
Come back to Tunisia t-roll.

The topic has been extensively covered on this Board. The Eupedia charts are a good place to start. Boattini et al is a very good source, in my opinion, given their sampling methods and the level of subclade resolution. Threads on the topic can be found using the search engine. The discussions are not only about frequency; they also attempt to trace the haplogroups to certain migrations. Since you have such an interest in the topic, I would suggest that you read the relevant material and cite it where appropriate, particularly in terms of the sources of the migration. If you disagree, please list sources and the logic behind your disagreement. Repeating the same unsupported generalizations over and over again is not helpful. Personally, I don't respond to those kinds of meaningless posts.

Sile:Adamo is partly correct.....the J2 in romagna ( ravenna , rimini etc ) area is basically due to the extermination of all gallic ( senoni tribe ) people by the Romans and replacing them with South Latnium families. I suspect that in the interior the Gallic/Celtic Boii tribe around Bologna suffered the same fate............this would have occured between the 2nd and 3rd carthagian wars, IIRC

Could you please cite your sources for these claims.

Keep it civil or there will be consequences no matter who you are...per l'amor di Dio stop falling into the same trap over and over again. Control your tempers. Stupidity and agendas can so easily be exposed.

Keep it civil or there will be consequences no matter who you are...per l'amor di Dio stop falling into the same trap over and over again. Control your tempers. Stupidity and agendas can so easily be exposed.
Indeed and i've answered to the materan guy and to him with my photos as well. The only off topic is he, because he has talking about southern Italian phenotypes with contempt.

I think you are from Matera. That city was studied by Sarno and Boattini (but with only 25 samples) and the haplogroup frequency is.
E-V12 4%
E-V13 8%
E-V22 8%
E-M123 4%
G1-M285 4%
G2a 24%
I2-P215 4%
J2a 12%
J2b 8%
R1a 4%
R1b-M269 8%
R1b-U152 4%
T 8%

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0065441

There is also a hotspot of haplogroup G in Lucera in Apulia.

From Brisighelli et al.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0050794

journal.pone.0050794.g003.png

I read the controversy here. I think Hauteville probably has a point about that guy. Anyway Angela is right, stupidity and agendas are easily exposed, so don't feed the t-rolls.
As an italian, I find this obsession towards us childish and boring. We are basically southern europeans. Both in the south and in the north.
Anyways, the more one goes northwards, the more central european influences pop up. That's quite logical, after all.
We're neither vikings, either levantines, or africans.
I think y-dna is useful, but under some circumstances, it's misleading. Autosomal is more affordable to track the "continuum" of a population's past, IMHO.
About the italian region, according to both FTDNA and Genographic, sardinians are the highest in "southern european" autosomal, that is EEF in practice: neolithic farmers mixed with some mesolithic hunter gatherers. This component is very high in mainland southern Italy, too, and decreseas progressively going northwards.
In FTDNA's model, Northern Italy is transitional from the southern european cluster to the western/central, expressing the celtic-italic input (and maybe some later germanic, though medieval longobards would be "scandinavian" in their model, I suppose).
That's it, folks. That's what we italians are. Some people could be disappointed, for their weird agendas, but they can't change history...

feduzzonitti is a ***** from Friuli - Venezia Giulia, well known for his provocations against southern italians.
I saw him in an italian page about anthropology and genetics, where he keeps saying southern europeans like italians, albanians and greeks are not european.
I suggest to ban him, he's just a *****. His genetical knowledge is zero, he just knows J2 and E1b1b haplogroups.

feduzzonitti is a ***** from Friuli - Venezia Giulia, well known for his provocations against southern italians.
I saw him in an italian page about anthropology and genetics, where he keeps saying southern europeans like italians, albanians and greeks are not european.
I suggest to ban him, he's just a *****. His genetical knowledge is zero, he just knows J2 and E1b1b haplogroups.

.....and my impression is that he is not very knowledgeable about those either.

Feduzzo is a North African tr.oll who lives in Italy. He is using a proxy, so his IP is fake. He is actually from Tuscany.

If any of you is interested, I will send you the link to his facebook profile...

Apparently I was right. Read below.
Secondly, I don't like your condescending comment about North Africans. You'd better show us your nicer side...

Apparently I was right. Read below.
Secondly, I don't like your condescending comment about North Africans. You'd better show us your nicer side...

This Antropico with 2 posts looks like another aock puppet account to me...

This Antropico with 2 posts looks like another aock puppet account to me...

This anthropico with 2 posts is just a member, registered last year, who prefers reading than writing. That's all.
Moderators can prove it, I haven't other accounts here.
Anyway think what you want, I just came here to give an advice, so long as I already saw feduzzonitti tro*ling in other places, writing the same things and posting the same video where the canadian comician makes fun of italians (according to feduzzonitti only southern italians speak in that way, very funny).

I know anthropico and feduzzonitti, the first is a regular member, the second is a t.roll.

This is forum is for serious and rational discussions about anthropology, there should not be room for people with weird agendas. I hope moderators will take appropriate measures.

This is forum is for serious and rational discussions about anthropology, there should not be room for people with weird agendas. I hope moderators will take appropriate measures.
Yes especially without certain obsessed people.

Ethnic slurs are unacceptable...period...so is using multiple sock accounts, or attempting to bait members of another ethnic group in order to generate conflict.

People who post on topic comments or opinions which are unsupported by scientific evidence are, and should be challenged, but it can and must be done in a civil way.

This thread has been viewed 83606 times.

Back