88% of haplogroup H found in central european Bell Beaker

spongetaro

Elite member
Reaction score
http://forwhattheywereweare.blogspot.de/2013/04/central-european-bell-beaker-mtdna-88-h.html

This extremely high apportion of mtDNA H is almost unprecedented in ancient (and probably also modern) mtDNA samples, in Europe only the Portuguese Neolithic and Epipaleolithic samples by Chandler 2005 seem to be comparable in any way, suggesting that this most important European matrilineage may have expanded from Iberia in the Chalcolithic

The unusual rate of haplogroup mtdna H in this central european site reinforce the hypothesis that the Bell Beaker people came from the Iberian Peninsula.

I think Zanipolo already posted this link a few weeks ago.

Many many thanks Spongetaro. It was something I had thought and said in this forum, being denied for some Central europeans. (y)

Maybe is for that Templars ask for megalithic places in Iberia as recompense when they offered help to iberian christians to support the reconquest. Probably they were searching their origins, in the megalithism, in the celtic castros, in Tartessos/Atlantis, etc.

http://forwhattheywereweare.blogspot.de/2013/04/central-european-bell-beaker-mtdna-88-h.html

The unusual rate of haplogroup mtdna H in this central european site reinforce the hypothesis that the Bell Beaker people came from the Iberian Peninsula.

There is nothing unusual or surprising in finding 7 out of 8 samples belonging to the same haplogroup in the Neolithic settlements of a remote mountain region like the Harz. Genetic diversity was obviously smaller 6000 years ago than today, and this region was probably colonised by a small group of people with only a few different mtDNA lineages. Anyhow, 8 samples are not meaningful.

Lee et al. (2012) tested 6 mtDNA from a Bell Beaker site in Thuringia (so not so far from the Harz), and none belonged to haplogroup H. Interestingly the haplogroups found were much more similar to those from the Unetice sites. Very Indo-European-looking haplogroups like I, U2, U5, T1 and W were all found both in the Bell Beaker site in Thuringia from Lee et al. and the Unetice site in the Harz from Christina Adler's thesis. This supposedly Bell Beaker site from Lee et al. is also where the two R1b samples were found. Based on the mtDNA alone, I'd say that it was not Bell Beaker people but Unetice, which would explain the presence of R1b.

As this last post don't resulted helpfull, I'd edited for delete

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 7901 times.

Back