Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Has there been a change in the comment update section?

Banned Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

Has there been a change in the comment update section?

I'm finding it more difficult to follow threads-- I'm also getting a large advertisement in this space (which actually doesn't bother me because I understand there should be a way for the owner to monetize this most valuable and useful site).

Is there a way to have the older format-- but with the new ad in it? It's the new alteration of the format that is difficult to follow thread progressions.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

I changed the lay out of the blocks in the right column of the index page because most people follow new threads by clicking on the What's new or New Posts buttons on top. As these don't show new threads though, I thought it better to display new threads first.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Banned Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

I know how much time and effort you must put into this site (which kicks complete ass by the way), so I know I shouldn't complain... but my vote is for the older version of the right column. Following the more successful threads now seems to be much more difficult for some reason.

With the old version I did review all the new thread postings but didn't respond to the ones that seemed unanswerable or off topic. Would it help a return to the other system if the more active users agreed to participate more in these less viewed threads?