FTDNA Important Pricing Update

brianco

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-U152 BY3644/A9024
mtDNA haplogroup
H1c3b 'Helga'
HVR1 single test no longer available on FTDNA but the standard mtDNAPlus (HVR1+HVR2) is now only $49 !!!

"We're discontinuing the HVR1-only test. Our basic mtDNA test will now be the mtDNAPlus (HVR1+2) at the $49 price point!"

http://www.familytreedna.com/products.aspx

Thank you very much for the info! I've just ordered it! ;)

Thank you, I've already checked it. A bit surprising to me that Hungaraian Y-DNA project has 5-6 times more participants than HUN mtDNA. I guess people here are more interested in their paternal origins! As for me if it wasn't so cheap I wouldn't order it.

I bet the ratio of Y to be more common than mt in most countries though don't know the figures.

At the new price hopefully more people will test. I ordered for my cousin to test as she is on my paternal grandmother's line. As you say so cheap means we can now take advantage :)

Any guesses on the result for my cousin (English ancestry)? I will say some kind of H :rolleyes:

Thank you, I've already checked it. A bit surprising to me that Hungaraian Y-DNA project has 5-6 times more participants than HUN mtDNA. I guess people here are more interested in their paternal origins! As for me if it wasn't so cheap I wouldn't order it.

This thread has been viewed 5773 times.

Back