Distribution of G2a in Italy (Boattini et al.)

Hi, I'm from Sardinian family Y-dna my haplogroupY is G2a cts7045

That's pretty damn close to me. I'm PF6863, paternal grandparents from Vibo Valentia province of Calabria. Where in Sardinia is your family from?

We're both PF3345 ----> CTS342 ---> Z1903

My impression is that we expanded with Bell Beaker peoples, moving from Baden up into France and then down into Iberia, the Western Mediterranean islands, and the west coast of Italy.

Sadly we don't seem to be represented among the original Romans. We belonged either to (1) Italic tribes that weren't Latin or close kin of the Latins; or (2) we expanded through the West Mediterranean just ahead of the main body of Indo-European speakers, that is, we arrived circa 2200 BCE, the Italics arrived circa 1800 BCE and quickly absorbed us

Hopefully others here will correct me if I'm wrong.

Emal, so far as I can tell, all Italian Z1903 reported on YFull is from Cagliari, Sardinia, except for a few specimens from Late Imperial Rome

However, Fernandes (2019) found Z1903 in Late Bronze Age Sicily — the Trapani area — with no Steppe admixture.

A commentator at Anthrogenica said, “Also pretty exciting is that the G subclade of Bronze Age-Iron Age Sicilians seems to be Z1903 which is crazy because before the Iberian paper which has 1 sample in CHL it has only been found in Bulgaria CHL, and we have a specific branch of Z1903 which is Z3428 in these samples.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/G-Z3428/

Z1903 was also found in one Tiszapolgar and in two Baden samples from Lipson 2017:

I2354 4500-4000 BC Pusztataskony-Ledence I. Hungary Tiszapolgar_ECA G2a2b2a1a1c1a L30>P303>L140>CTS342>Z724>Z1903
I2369 3367-3103 BC Budakalász-Luppa csárda Hungary Baden_LCA G2a2b2a1a1c1a L30>P303>L140>CTS342>Z724>Z1903
I2368 3300-2850 BC iBudakalász-Luppa csárda Hungary Baden_LCA G2a2b2a1a1c1a L30>P303>L140>CTS342>Z724>Z1903

And here at Eupedia, Markod said, “
The most interesting find to me are the LBA Sicilians from Trapani whom I would consider to be speakers of Indo-European. They have very little if any Caucasus admixture, and no steppe admixture. They cannot be Neolithic holdovers either since they carry Bronze Age TMRCA G2a-Z1903, one of them with a subclade specific to present day Scandinavia.

I'm pretty sure these are Balkaners. Ultimately from Chalcolithic Bulgaria, perhaps by way of Baden-Boleraz.”

However, the now banned Pip once proposed interesting theory of CTS342 and L497 expanding west in tandem with R1b-U152. So who knows, maybe his theory was true of L497, but not Z1903? Maybe Z1903 took an independent route into the West Mediterranean ahead of the proto-Italo-Celts?

That's pretty damn close to me. I'm PF6863, paternal grandparents from Vibo Valentia province of Calabria. Where in Sardinia is your family from?

We're both PF3345 ----> CTS342 ---> Z1903

My impression is that we expanded with Bell Beaker peoples, moving from Baden up into France and then down into Iberia, the Western Mediterranean islands, and the west coast of Italy.

Sadly we don't seem to be represented among the original Romans. We belonged either to (1) Italic tribes that weren't Latin or close kin of the Latins; or (2) we expanded through the West Mediterranean just ahead of the main body of Indo-European speakers, that is, we arrived circa 2200 BCE, the Italics arrived circa 1800 BCE and quickly absorbed us

Hopefully others here will correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks for the information ... ahahaha curious I'm Sardinian on my father's side, his family is from the province of Cagliari. Instead my mother and her family are from Calabria. However I had noticed that among the ancient Romans there were not many traces, on Mytrueancestry I mainly deep dives with Mycenaean and Minoans (I assume from my mother who comes from the province of Crotone the ancient Greek Kroton) and then Carthaginians (from my father Sardinia was Phoenician colony), and then many samples of Rome so in my opinion it's difficult to say whether they are slaves, or Roman citizens.

This thread has been viewed 45411 times.

Back