Distribution of G2a in Italy (Boattini et al.)

Don't let it upset you. It's just because they have no Georgian samples, obviously.

What they're picking up on is the early Anatolian farmer mixed with some Iranian Neolithic which you share with Southern Italians and Greeks.

There's a calculator out there, I can't remember which one, which doesn't have Tuscan or even northern Italian samples, just ones from Southern Italy. It told me I was Bulgarian!

I can trace most of my family lines back to about 1550.

Don't let it upset you. It's just because they have no Georgian samples, obviously.

What they're picking up on is the early Anatolian farmer mixed with some Iranian Neolithic which you share with Southern Italians and Greeks.

There's a calculator out there, I can't remember which one, which doesn't have Tuscan or even northern Italian samples, just ones from Southern Italy. It told me I was Bulgarian!

I can trace most of my family lines back to about 1550.
Why would I be upset. Italians and Georgians are related either way through G ancestry..

Lasagna doesn't fall too far from Achma it seems :D

Yea G must stand for Gourmet.

Yes I can trace at least 6 generations of paternal grandparents to my ancestral village... and beyond that it's traced by last names which in my case is native to that region.
And nothing from England?! For L-dna this is imposible...

Why would I be upset. Italians and Georgians are related either way through G ancestry..

Y-DNA G exists throughout Europe and it is not a special relationship between Italians and Georgians.

8VVirEy.gif

Y-DNA G exists throughout Europe and it is not a special relationship between Italians and Georgians.

8VVirEy.gif
They look like us, They have similar cuisine, They are expressive and emotive. Western Georgian dialects sound very much like south Italian, they also have similar folk music, they have close family ties and they're almost as good at mafia as us.

Genetics or not there's plenty of similarities.

As a half-Italian American, I must say I have always had a weakness for Georgian women

You amaze me. Where the heck do you find Georgian women in New York, or anywhere in the U.S.???

(maybe he's confusing them with women from the state of Georgia)

You amaze me. Where the heck do you find Georgian women in New York, or anywhere in the U.S.???

He can find them in Athens. Lots of Georgian people emigrated to Greece under false papers pretending to be Pontic Greeks.

I know at least one Georgian woman in New York, our seat mate on the plane to Athens.

He can find them in Athens. Lots of Georgian people emigrated to Greece under false papers pretending to be Pontic Greeks.

I know at least one Georgian woman in New York, our seat mate on the plane to Athens.

Well, I know one too: she was my first nanny, via Russia, who came here with her Russian husband. Neither the marriage nor later the job worked out.That doesn't mean there are hundreds running around for him to form an opinion,.

Plus, all I know of him is that he's from New York with a French name.

Maybe if people put ethnicity as well as location, we'd have a better idea of the person and his or her experiences.

Don't worry, I will eventually post on the Italian diaspora thread. But in NYC, there are literally people from everywhere. So yes, I have in fact dated a few Georgian women. And they are magnetic. But I remain a bachelor who will probably die a lonely old man

There's more than a hundred thousand of us around northeast US. One of the biggest Georgian diasporas is around New York. heck go to Brooklyn or Queens and you'll see ton of Georgian bakeries and restaurants.

there are few Georgians in NY city. most of them stick with Russians. I don't think there are many of them since they are not mentioned any where. I personally have known two young brothers. One was dark Gypsy like., the other one was light Nordic like. I never seen to brothers with a such racial contrast. I even asked them about that and they had the view that Georgians were once a blond nation but the long presence of Turkey in their country changed that. That's the popular view all over the Balkans that Turkey is to blame for their darkening but obviously DNA tells us that is not the case

there are few Georgians in NY city. most of them stick with Russians. I don't think there are many of them since they are not mentioned any where. I personally have known two young brothers. One was dark Gypsy like., the other one was light Nordic like. I never seen to brothers with a such racial contrast. I even asked them about that and they had the view that Georgians were once a blond nation but the long presence of Turkey in their country changed that. That's the popular view all over the Balkans that Turkey is to blame for their darkening but obviously DNA tells us that is not the case
We tend to keep to ourselves, if you met me on the street you'd never know I wasn't a New Yorker, but every day when I walk around Manhattan I hear someone pass by speaking Georgian so we're not that few just not easy to recognize.

It's exactly the same with me and my siblings. Actually very common in Georgia. Lots of people in the western parts trend towards Blonde, Blue/Green/Grey eyes and very light skin, especially those from the mountains.

It's also one reason why Georgians have very hard time grasping the racial distaste based on skin color between Mediterraneans and northerners, light/dark types, because here you get vast spectrum of skin and eye colors just within the families let alone in the country.

I don't know about historically white/dark. The theory probably comes from the fact that most of the light skinned people come from Caucasus mountains who are thought to be the oldest inhabitants of Georgia and closer you get to south the darker the skin gets. I don't know what deductions we can make based on that but that's what people believe. Also I don't believe Turks had anything to do with it. If anything there's more genetic drift from Caucasus into Anatolia rather than vice versa.

EDIT: Actually now that I thought about it. Mountain Caucasians weren't allowed to marry someone from their or related villages so they used to go kidnap wives from all over the northern steppe... If we were originally dark skinned we might've stolen some light skinned women and gotten lighter, ... sorry about that :ashamed2:

mtdna map of Caucasus would be interesting actually.

Well, let's assume there are 50,000 (100,000 in the greater Northeast) of them in the greater New York Metropolitan area. In a population of over 20 MILLION they're not going to make much of a splash.

Hi, I'm from Sardinian family Y-dna my haplogroupY is G2a cts7045

the Etruscans have no historical origin from Anatolia, enough with this error based on Herodotus

This thread has been viewed 45322 times.

Back