1 8.33%
  • More accurate than not accurate

2 16.67%
  • Not really

3 25.00%
  • No not at all

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y DNA, mtDNA, Hair color, and Eye color in ethnic groups of pre Indo European Europe

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 1.0%

MtDNA haplogroup
    I5a

Ethnic group
    Finnish

A nice map! However, why did you omit Karelian Hunter gatherer, Yuzhnyy Oleni Ostrov man's yDNA R1a. He is dated 7,500 uncal. yBP, so he fits your timeframe. We do not yet have any prove of ancient yDNA N in Finland but R1a is certain.

Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    A nice map! However, why did you omit Karelian Hunter gatherer, Yuzhnyy Oleni Ostrov man's yDNA R1a. He is dated 7,500 uncal. yBP, so he fits your timeframe. We do not yet have any prove of ancient yDNA N in Finland but R1a is certain.
    I made that map 2 years ago.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    look it up okay i am not just making guess y dna r1b and r1a in europe came form indo europeanbs fact

mid eastern J groups and most north african e1b1b in europe came in greco roman times fact

Y DNA I subclades and g2a where probably about 100% of pre indo european europe y dn fact

if u subtract all y dna that came to europe in last 6,000 years u get my results fact

and i said that over 609% of france and most of spian, south germany and italy would have y dn g2a with minority i2a1a and some e1b1b in spain in germany some i2a2 from 31 y dna samples of farmers in germany, france, spain, and alsp italy 26 out of 31 had g2a 4 had i2a1a1 and one had eb1b v13 in spain fact and thats upports my theories

this in my opinion is very accurate and ancient dna totally backs me up u need to study this subject before u crtize me

also with hair color and eye color the uraalic language in finalnd is about 8,000 years old we have cultures that are most likley uralic ivading north east europe from siberia about 7,000-8,000ybp we have mtdna from them 7,500ybp three had siberia c1 also this culture was in baltic sea area but modern baltic spak a balto language which is indo european but they still have about 30% uralic n1c1 while eastern european near them who where never apart of that culture have no N1c1 so that culture was almost defintley uralic also baltic peoples non indo european, uralic, and mid eastern dna is almost only I1 which is scandnavien and they also have 60% blonde hair and 70% light eyes like scandnaviens so baltic's are in the same family as nordics also since this also means the very light haired and eyed nordic baltic people already completly settled their area 8,000ybp this means they where most liley teh first scandnviens over 10,000ybp and that he people here 6,000-8,000ybp had same light hair eye colors

also we have austomnal dna of farmers in europe they had over 55% med in all diffenrt types of tests modern spainish and italiens are most likley mainly decended of them and their closest modern relatives this means those farmers in spain and italy most likley had mainly dark hair and eyes also according to irish legand the native irish the celts invaded had dark hair and dark eyes so that is what i used also red hair almost defintley comes from indo europeans who invaded western europe i explained it so there would be no red hair also there would probably be less light hair and eyes in central europe in my opinon i was very accurte and now that theyw ill have more y dna hair color and eye color samples in europe from this time remeber this thread because rust me it is probably mainly correct
    I suggest you remove all the R1 associated in this program, re run it and map what is remaining. Only with this method will you get a true picture.

to get details , always remove the main group
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Just for accuracy...we now know from ancient dna that E-V13 related lineages and J2 were already in Europe in the transition from the mid to late Neolithic. Things are changing very quickly.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Just for accuracy...we now know from ancient dna that E-V13 related lineages and J2 were already in Europe in the transition from the mid to late Neolithic. Things are changing very quickly.
    I don't think it's as simple as EEF/WHG/Steppe. We don't need to find an EEF source for E/J. EEF's ancestors arrived what 9,000 years ago. Who's to stay there wasn't constant gene-flow between Near East/Europe for 1,000s of years after that?!! There are lots of possibilities out there to explain J/E. Pre-Neolithic Greeks probably had sometype of "Near Eastern"-ancestry before Near Eastern immigration, why can't they be a source? Greek DNA ranging the Mesolithic-Bronze age will probably reveal a lot and how complex things are.

Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    i say in the article that the ancestral allele for light eyes is mainly in the mid east and they probably originated there

i read a scientific article that says north Africans, mid easterns, and Palestinian people have the same light skin genes as Europeans and almost at the same rate and one of the European genes for white skin SLC24A5 111 rs146654 alle (A,A)is also found in mid easterns and north Africans but all non European people are suppose to have alleles G,G and when a European and non European have a kid the alles become A,G but mid eastern and north Africans have A,A which means it is not from inter marraige with Europeans

this means European white skin originated in the mid east and there are some naturally white skinned mid easterns and north Africans and people in the caucus mountains have almost no european blood but they have white skin this could mean that Europeans where founded by a group of white skinned people from the mid east and that blue and green eyes might also have originated in the mid east this would mean Europeans have always had white skin and light eyes and that it did not evolve in Europe as an adaption

and i think they need to stop calling those genes that create white skin in Europeans are only European because they are not and they dont always create white skin and there is no way Europe became white only 6,000-12,000ybp honestly i think it is raciest propaganda i have noticed they always say Europeans have ONLY been white for 6,000-12,000 years as if they want to give the idea it is very young.
    I put again my nose in this thread, spite I fear an "epidermic" reaction of yours, Fire Haired; I admit you work hard and I have nothing against you, I only claim the right to disagree sometimes (LOL)...
    . SLC24A5 variant concerns only light skin (but certainly capacity to tan) and I agree with your interpretation. But light eyes and hairs is something else and you may not do affirmations as you do, for I think. the most of light eyes and light hairs regions in South are "pocket regions", not big areas. As I think Southern people didn't invade themselves to recreate dark regions in South, I think the lightER skins and light hairs and eyes came into South from North, apart some combinations of dark hairs-light eyes possibly very old in Western Europe (HGs). Some regions in South as Sardinia and Portugal have in fact a non neglictible % of WHG even if a minority, and ancient enough (first?) Neareasterners descendants (pre-Neolithic I think), and they are among the darkest haired populations of Europe.
    so for me NO, light eyes and light hairs did not came anciently from Near-Eastern or AL LEAST not as a definetely allover acquired mutation; It remains the question of the development of the responsible mutation in North or Northeastern Europe or Eastern Eurasia; it is an exciting question. What we are doing now are bets. We have TOO SMALL ANCIENT SAMPLES for now, from too limited number of places. I long for more, after I 'll say more.
    &: I understand you can think the "Neareasterners" who brought fair mutations (eyes, hairs) could have done it before the Neolithic wave. It does not change my reasoning concerning today Southerners. There has been a kind of selection and I have some hard work as you to think it could be occurred in so short time (6000/8000 years, but who know? the last discoveries seem showing lightening mutation occurred in North-Eastern Europe among HGs if I red well so? maybe ancient; the question remains: allover pre-old Europe or only in some places (my personal bet)?

Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

the Wessern Hunters Gatherers (small sample it's true!!!) seems answer half the question: not all over pre-Neolithic Europe?

1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-DF103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1bm

Ethnic group
    Arvern

This thread has been "asleep" a while but I find it extremely interesting. I am no geneticist, so I can only contribute with the naivety (and hopefully, the common sense) of the profane.

I think everyone underestimates the mobility of the paleolithic hunter-gatherers. If populations were able to reconquer Europe as a whole from a few southern refugia after the LGM, why couldn't they possibly have extended further ? People seem to set a sort of frontier between y-dna I populations and R populations. However, accepting the idea that western Europe was essentially I, and Eurasia essentially R doesn't rule out the possibility of a fringe zone where populations mixed, nor the possibility of long-distance incursions of the ones into the others' territories - to degrees we have no idea of. Recently, it has appeared that PIE people owed a significant part of their genome to WHG. Similarly, I wouldn't be overly surprised to learn in a near future that the R haplogroup arrived in some areas of western Europe long before the massive late-bronze-age influx from the steppe. We should keep in mind the very sudden, very brutal, but also very short-lived forays of the Goths, the Huns, the Cimmerians, etc... Similar raids (of conquest or just exploration) could have brought R1b populations to the west before the bronze age, maybe even before the copper age. This would account for such "riddles" as the Ligurian and Lusitanian substrata. So it is hard to tell which population blondness is to be connected with.

Also, geography and adaptation may have played a much greater role than y-dna in terms of skin/hair/eye color. Blondness is to a large extent confined to the shores of the Baltic, irrespective of dna. Genes may determine blondness, but maybe it works the other way round. Maybe living under darker skies for millenia may have caused skin, eyes, and hair to grow lighter, and ultimately that evolution was traduced into a gene mutation, no matter what y-dna you were ?!? Or is this utterly stupid ?

To finish with, regarding red hair... could it result, not from one specific influx of DNA, but from the encounter between two DNAs which, when they met, somehow "favored" the red-hair mutation ?

So many questions and opinions I have no scientific data to support. But I guess the forum can on occasion make room (and allowance) for ingenuousness ! Greetings to eveyone, and since I only discovered Eupedia recently, and even more recently joined the forum, a million thanks to Maciamo for this incredible site, my very best treasure trove by far in recent years on the internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12